Print Page | Close Window

LIVE IN THE SPIRIT - WALK IN THE SPIRIT

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=25956
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:59am

Topic: LIVE IN THE SPIRIT - WALK IN THE SPIRIT

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: LIVE IN THE SPIRIT - WALK IN THE SPIRIT
Date Posted: 01/22/2009 at 7:53am

Live in the Spirit – Walk in the Spirit
An Apostolic Reality
By Ron McGatlin
In practical reality, what on earth does it really mean to you and me today to live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit?
Gal 5:25: If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
There is much talk today about Apostles and apostolic ministry and government. My email in-box daily contains words about apostolic this or that generally seeking to define and understand Apostles and the change that God is sending regarding life and government in the ekklesia. Gatherings and networks of Apostles are seeking to enlighten one another on the kingdom (government) of God and iron out the different views developing on how we should do church and function in a changing world.
The Spirit of God is grieved within me and my heart is challenged by the absence of living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit evident in most apostolic discussions. The Spirit is hardly mentioned in the considerations of the “apostolic” meanderings of teachings for aligning apostolically with one another.
Are we making the same old mistakes over again? Throughout recent church history what is deemed the lack of godly order in the people has been answered with increased human leadership imposing safeguards to stem the deviations of false teachings and unorthodox practices. Seeking to keep our doctrine and our practices pure has again and again led to more human organization, structure, and control. Preaching the word of the Bible without the power of the Spirit produces bondage and not life. In every case that I am aware of, this has squelched the Spirit of Christ flowing through the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit has pulled away.
Jesus will not be head with another. God will not share His glory with another. We will not have the headship of Christ and the headship of man at the same time. There is one head upon the shoulders of the Body of Christ.
 Establishing more human accountability to other men sounds like a great answer. However, without living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit, it is just more foolishness of human government. If we live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit, we are fully and completely accountable to the living Father and in full alignment with our great Apostle, the Lord Christ Jesus, and in one accord with others who do the same. It is by the SPIRIT of God, the Holy Spirit that most leaders seem afraid to receive, yield to, proclaim, and impart to multitudes of spiritless “Christians” who are seeking life in the wrong places.
The Holy Spirit bringing the awesome power, wisdom, and love of Jesus is the only way to abundant life. The living water (Spirit of God) is the answer to completely changing the people from the inside and bringing the chaos of foolish leadership of flesh to a complete end with the powerful flow of anointing of the Spirit destroying the yokes of bondage.
Read the book of Acts again. The early Apostles lived and walked in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit of God was the source of all the mighty works and powerful ministry of the first century including all the mighty works of Christ Jesus Himself. Yes, the mighty life, ministry, and works of Jesus were all done through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Wake up people of God! If Jesus overcame the world and demonstrated authority over the enemy and all the elements of the world by the Holy Spirit, what are you going to do with your Bible studies and apostolic teaching seminars and gatherings without the fullness of the power, love, and wisdom of the Holy Spirit of God Almighty working the life of Christ Jesus in you?????? What good is it going to do if you organize and send Apostles to appoint some elders to try to stem the tide of foolish and childish behavior of Christians who do not know the gift of God or the one who speaks to them from heaven?
Human leadership will never produce the life of God without the same power, love, and wisdom of the Holy Spirit that flowed through Christ Jesus and the early Apostles.
Our centuries of entrapment in man-altered “Christian” religious training is robbing us of the release of the fullness of the power and love of God flowing through the Spirit to powerfully impact and change the wasted people of God and align the gifted servant-leaders in the purposes of God.
Jesus is again saying to those who come to the well to seek life giving water, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you….”
I hear our Lord and Father through the Holy Spirit crying out to this generation, “Oh if you only knew the gift I have for you. Oh, if you only knew who is speaking to you and what my desire and provision is for you to flow in my kingdom into all the world. Oh, If you really knew…”
John 4:10: Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
John 4:13-14: Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
Thirsty Christians worldwide continue to cry out to God for more and are not satisfied. If we continue in desperate thirst, it is clear that we have not yet asked of Him and received from Him the fullness of the living water that will cause us to NEVER thirst again but have the water (Spirit) that will become in us a fountain of the Spirit springing up into everlasting (continuous) LIFE. How can we thirst for more of Him when His fountain of living Spirit is flowing up from within us?
This is the ultimate Joy of God and His rest from all striving. We never thirst again. Yes, we may long for others and the world to come into the reality of His Spirit also. And we may, with joy, look forward to the full reality of the New Jerusalem lifestyle forming the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven that fills the entire earth. However, we are living and fully walking in the kingdom now within our hearts as the fountain of SPIRIT of GOD flows up and out of us.
This is the life for which we gladly give up our previous Christian self-life with all its rules and doctrines of human order and accountability. This is the power, love, and wisdom that are the ministry to be imparted by the true apostolic ministry. This is the work that will stop the foolishness of fleshly teachings and practices of the people. The work of the kingdom that more apostolic structure and more Bible studies cannot accomplish. “By my SPIRIT,” says the Lord (Zec 4:6).
This thing began in the Spirit; are we going to try to finish it in human wisdom, understanding, and structuring?
Gal 3:3: Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
Absolutely not! The kingdom of God will not mature apart from our complete dependence and accountability to the Spirit of God our Father and our Lord.
There must be true Apostles pure, holy people of God who so live and walk by the Spirit that no believer will need to ask who appointed them or empowered them. They do not need a title or an organization. They will not promote and build a ministry and will not need to ask provision of any man. These are God’s gifted humble holy men and women who have no life apart from the Holy Spirit of God. They are in the world as Christ to impart life of the Spirit into many. They will not allow others to worship them and set them up as someone special above others. But will impart the same life that is in them to all who seek the kingdom of God with their whole heart.
We need an explosive life ending Spirit beginning encounter with God in the Spirit to me made alive. Then we must decide daily to live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit. We will not thirst again but in pure love and power we will speak the oracles of God and flow the works of Christ into the world. This gospel of the kingdom must be preached and demonstrated to all the world and the kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdoms of our God. Christ Jesus shall be seen in great glory and fully honored as Lord and King.
Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Replies:

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 01/22/2009 at 9:16am

Amen, my Brother,,,God bless you richly for your steadfastness and obedience. YES LORD, "Christ Jesus shall be seen in great glory and fully honored as Lord and King."

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Pamela Helmick
Date Posted: 01/22/2009 at 12:04pm

Galatians chapter 5 speaks of this.  It is a crucifixion everyday for people.

-------------
Faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love.

Posted By: mariateresatee
Date Posted: 01/22/2009 at 7:22pm

"This is the ultimate Joy of God and His rest from all striving. We never thirst again..."

-------------
In Father's love,
Tere

Posted By: Mandy Gay
Date Posted: 01/23/2009 at 1:29am

We need an explosive life ending Spirit beginning encounter with God in the Spirit to me made alive. Then we must decide daily to live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit. We will not thirst again but in pure love and power we will speak the oracles of God and flow the works of Christ into the world. This gospel of the kingdom must be preached and demonstrated to all the world and the kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdoms of our God. Christ Jesus shall be seen in great glory and fully honored as Lord and King.
Amen!
Love Mandy

Posted By: Mark Reece
Date Posted: 01/27/2009 at 5:31am

I find it deeply grievous to my spirit that fluffy shadows, dreams and controversial signs are read here hundreds and in some cases almost two thousand times. Yet, this thread, which lays out in simple, practical, terms what is needful for today is barely sampled at all.

Forget the turmoil you see around you! You are not going to ponder out the will of God in this – but He is eager to share with those who seek Him. Listen to the Scripture…

Isa 8:11  For thus the LORD spoke to me with mighty power and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying,

Isa 8:12  "You are not to say, 'It is a conspiracy!' In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy, And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it.

Isa 8:13  "It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy. And He shall be your fear, And He shall be your dread.

Isa 8:14  "Then He shall become a sanctuary…

He is our place of safety, and our greatest need in this hour is for MORE OF HIM. That only happens by receiving more of His Spirit

mark

Posted By: Denise Detwiler
Date Posted: 01/28/2009 at 4:00am

Not only is the message above good, but I also think I may be catching
what Mark is after....it came to my own attention about 8-10 years ago as
it was pointed out to me and then corroborated in my own scripture
reading and observations that in fact, it's the FURTHER people are from
God the more symbolic and shadowy communications they tend to have
from God. This then placing them around interpreters who were then
able to tell them plainly what they were being shown. So it seems Mark is
yearning for us to step beyond being the dreamers and shadow seers and
get more into the heart of God and the simple plain speech.

It's interesting that while both Paul and John describe some very
undefinable experiences - that their MESSAGES were clear
and even simple. I have read that John in his elder years would simply
stand before the church meeting and his sermon was "little children, love
one another" and God would move powerfully.

It says that in the last days the Spirit would be poured out on all flesh
and there'd be dreams and visions and so forth....so this then begs for
interpreters does it not? If an unknown tongue is spoken (Spirit language,
in this case) then there would need to be interpreters who live in the
Spirit and who are able to interpret clearly and accurately for these
"poured out upon" ones. ("I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh")

And if we are still not all so saturated and filled and living in the Spirit of
God that we can offer spiritual interpretation in the manner of, say,
Daniel or Joseph to the unbelievers around us..clear and specific
revelatory interpretation, then I would agree with Mark - we desperately
need to seek Him and living in Him above all else.

In fact, even if we are there...we still need to seek it. This is how we
ought to gird ourselves and prepare ourselves.

-------------

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 11/19/2010 at 2:54pm

re up!!!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: angela dubois
Date Posted: 11/19/2010 at 3:42pm

YES ,YES & PRAISE GOD YES!! I LOVE THIS  WE ARE HEARING THE TRUTH!!

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 11/27/2010 at 7:50pm

angela dubois wrote:
YES ,YES & PRAISE GOD YES!! I LOVE THIS  WE ARE HEARING THE TRUTH!!

Thank you Angela for you affirmation. I praise God that as a Body we are continuing to move ahead into walking in the Spirit.

Ron

Posted By: angela dubois
Date Posted: 02/14/2011 at 6:45pm

i love this website ron i have told many of my friends & they love it too. every time i get on here its complete confirmation. god is truley awesome.we are living in the most blessed time.just think he chose us to be here on this earth at one of the most awesome times.god is so good all the time.

Print Page | Close Window