Print Page | Close Window

BREAKING OUT OF ENTANGLEMENT

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29524
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:53am

Topic: BREAKING OUT OF ENTANGLEMENT

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: BREAKING OUT OF ENTANGLEMENT
Date Posted: 10/28/2009 at 9:22am

Breaking Out of Entanglement

By Ron McGatlin
Much like the early pioneers in America who made a lot of preparation before leaving on a covered wagon journey to the western frontier, a lot has been done in preparation for the journey into the new paradigm of the kingdom of God.
However, many of God’s chosen people are not moving ahead in their journey into the kingdom of heaven reality. They have done extensive research and study for the trip. They even loaded the wagon and hitched up a good team of horses to pull it and sincerely planned to leave on the journey through the wilderness toward the frontier of kingdom of God spiritual reality. Deep in their hearts they know that the religious church systems of their hometown community are not the organic spiritual church gathering they long to experience in the fresh New Jerusalem style church of the kingdom (Heb 12:22-26).
They even took a weekend test drive in the countryside around their hometown. It was a pleasant trial journey, and they met a lot of friendly and curious hometown folks along the way. Some of their new friends rode in the wagon with them. There were picnic lunches and a lot of really good fellowship. At night they sat around a campfire and talked about their dream of traveling to the spiritual city of God.
The trip was such a good time that they decided to do it again next weekend. Soon, some others also purchased teams of horses and covered wagons. Before long they had a group of close friends that made up a wagon train. The wagon train made the trip into the countryside around their hometown almost every weekend.
They had great fellowship and studied a lot about the vast new land that they planned to journey toward. Their discussions were vivid and enjoyable as they read exciting accounts of others who had made the journey. Sitting around the campfire in their circle of covered wagons, they felt as if they were living the excitement and wonder of the experiences of those who had actually made the sometimes perilous journey. They talked about how rewarding it would be to complete the difficult journey into the pure and holy kingdom of God where the manifest presence of God was among His people in spiritual organic church groups. They rejoiced as they read the miraculous reports of those who had made the journey.
They set a date when they would all depart their hometown and begin their journey. When the date came some of the people had pressing issues that prevented them from leaving. This happened several times, and each time the group did not depart, and a new date was set. The group did continue to make their weekend trips around their hometown and enjoyed fellowship and talk about the land of the kingdom. Soon many negative issues developed among them and doubtful reports began to be brought into their discussion times.
Some really wanted to break out from the group and begin the journey. But they had such love, compassion, and fellowship with the group that they would not leave them. God sent special messengers to tell them to abandon the weekend fellowship trip and answer the call of God to move out on the trail to the reality of kingdom life. However, they did not break loose from their compassionate entanglement with the people and their fantasy journey of weekend trips going nowhere.
1 Cor 4:20: For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

Rom 14:17: for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Natural human love, compassion, and relationships are not the same as the love of God. The love of God is always pure, holy, and filled with righteousness. In contrast, natural human affection and compassion always have an element of self-gratification and often becomes highly manipulative and sometimes tolerant of unrighteousness to achieve personal desires and needs. God’s love flows out of an abundance of inner Spirit life, like springs of living water (John 7:38). Human affection and compassion often flow from unfulfilled inner needs and lack.
Love and Obedience
God’s love in us is always first and foremost a pure, holy, all-consuming love for God and His kingdom of righteousness above anything and everything else. This whole-hearted love from God and for God always produces obedience, not out of law or rule-keeping, but out of a compelling love desire to please the One we are in love with.
In the walk of perfect obedience by love, there is freedom from the wiles of the enemy that seeks to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10-11). We enter into a pure, holy covenant of love with the God of all creation when we surrender our old self at the cross of Christ Jesus and take up our own cross of death to our fallen life inherited from the first Adam. As a new creation we enter a love covenant with Holy God and are filled with resurrection life. Walking in that covenant provides us with the very presence of God by His Holy Spirit leading us and protecting us from the enemy and his schemes to steal, kill, and destroy the work of God in us.
What happens when we allow other competitive affections, passions, or compassions to erode or replace some of our love for God?
We, through disobedience or lack of timely obedience, break covenant with Holy God and lose His protection from the enemy through our disobedience. Can you imagine the results of making covenant with the living God of all creation and then not walking in it?
When we allow other loves to compete with God, our love for God fades, and we become disobedient sons. God’s covenantal shield of protection is lowered, and the door is open to the enemy to invade us with darkness and torment. This results in spiritual poverty affecting every area of our lives. We become tormented as the enemy troubles every aspect of our lives.
Often we draw nearer to our other competing love relationships for comfort and are thereby further entangled in the religious systems and the people we love who are also trapped in the bondage of an anti kingdom spirit by human affections and compassions. We do not realize that the best thing we could do for them is to break out and get on the trail to the real kingdom lifestyle. We can never help them by remaining entangled in the same religious entrapments with them.
Like the disobedient children of Israel in the wilderness, we spend our lifetime circling the mountain in the wilderness, because we would not cross over into the Promised Land when the opportunity was there by the call of God. If you can hear the call of God to the real kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven, for God’s sake, for your sake, and for the sake of others, do not make another trip around the mountain. Break out of entanglement and get back in covenant obedience with God, even if other covenants must be broken. Think about it. Is it better to break covenant with Holy God of all love, power, and wisdom or to break earthly covenants that contain mixtures of darkness.
Yes, there are sacrifices involved in leaving our hometown life and entering into a journey through the wilderness that ends in the glorious, joyful peace of the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. Yes, there are hardships and potential perils in the journey. However, it is well worth laying down our lives and living for God and His kingdom. We are spending our lives going nowhere in circling the old mountain; why not spend them on the real journey into holy, pure love and power of God.
In God, whether we live long or die young in battle for the kingdom, we are the Lord’s and shall abide with Him now and forever (Rom 14:8). However, if we spend our lives going around the same mountain, we will perish in the wilderness and never fully experience spiritual organic church life in the real kingdom of God.
Mat 10:37-39"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.”
Love and Respect,

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Replies:

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 10/28/2009 at 9:57am

thank you Ron, well said, well said!

very encouraging! break out of every entanglement that prevents from moving forward.

"However, if we spend our lives going around the same mountain we will perish in the wilderness and never fully experience spiritual organic church life in the real kingdom of God."

yes, to much traveling around the same 'ole mountain. it's time to let go of all of it..whether people, past experience, wounds, thought producing ways, our own perception of, etc. there is a beautiful vast land that is filled full in being in union with Spirit God, that the organic church life in His Kingdom gives expression to.

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 10/28/2009 at 1:25pm

YES & AMEN TO THIS MY PRECIOUS BROTHER RON...HAVE BEEN CONTEMPLATING THE MOVE UP & OVER TO THE PROMISED LAND & STILL MAKING DECISIONS WHAT TO TAKE! I AM TOLD, "TAKE NOTHING"! REALLY THOUGHT(that is my problem at times) I HAD LET GO AND WAS READY TO "GO",,,BUT HOLY ONE REVEALED THIS "COMPLETE LETTING GO" MUST HAPPEN FIRST BEFORE THE JOURNEY CAN COMMENCE,,,HMMMM,,,CANNOT BELIEVE THE EXCUSES I HAVE COME UP WITH, BUT HOLY ONE POINTS EVERYONE OUT DILIGENTLY TO ME. (((GOT TO BREAKOUT AND GET ON THE  TRAIL TO THE REAL KINGDOM LIFESTYLE).))) YEAH GOD-HE SAYS, 'ALMOST THERE'. HALLELUJAH!!!

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Leslie Grewing
Date Posted: 10/29/2009 at 10:40am

Once your wagon has left the hometown and you've traveled away for some time, there are times of looking backward longing for what you knew and what seemed comfortable and safe (predictable); however, you discover that you really can't go back to town. Although you might want your heart to be content there, it just isn't.

Regarding Gayle's response, I thought of the pioneers and the trail of precious items they chose or had to discard along the way--things they thought they had to have. (Life came down to necessities rather than a pile of wants fulfilled.)

Many headed out with a dream but not much "know how" regarding how to successfully get out West. But they had a strong desire for something new. They believed there had to be something more and they chose to go for it.

Here's another interesting thought. What about the scouts that went in front of the pioneers finding good stopping places? What brave and courageous souls! I think Ron's a scout going ahead and finding the way for us. Thanks, Scout Ron!

Date Posted: 10/29/2009 at 5:14pm

Kathy, Gayle and Leslie, Thanks for your replies.

Love and obedience are always linked. We serve or attend the God or gods we love. We obey because we love and desire to please our God or false gods. Many people have made self - self-pleasure - self-independence their god. Others have made some form of religion there god. Whatever we obey because we want to not because of laws or rules. When my wife ask or tells me something I immediately desire to respond with whaterve she needs or wants. Love is the most powerful motivational force in the world.

Love and Obedience
God’s love in us is always first and foremost a pure, holy, all-consuming love for God and His kingdom of righteousness above anything and everything else. This whole-hearted love from God and for God always produces obedience, not out of law or rule-keeping, but out of a compelling love desire to please the One we are in love with.
In the walk of perfect obedience by love, there is freedom from the wiles of the enemy that seeks to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10-11). We enter into a pure, holy covenant of love with the God of all creation when we surrender our old self at the cross of Christ Jesus and take up our own cross of death to our fallen life inherited from the first Adam. As a new creation we enter a love covenant with Holy God and are filled with resurrection life. Walking in that covenant provides us with the very presence of God by His Holy Spirit leading us and protecting us from the enemy and his schemes to steal, kill, and destroy the work of God in us.
What happens when we allow other competitive affections, passions, or compassions to erode or replace some of our love for God?
We, through disobedience or lack of timely obedience, break covenant with Holy God and lose His protection from the enemy through our disobedience. Can you imagine the results of making covenant with the living God of all creation and then not walking in it?
When we allow other loves to compete with God, our love for God fades, and we become disobedient sons. God’s covenantal shield of protection is lowered, and the door is open to the enemy to invade us with darkness and torment. This results in spiritual poverty affecting every area of our lives. We become tormented as the enemy troubles every aspect of our lives.
Often we draw nearer to our other competing love relationships for comfort and are thereby further entangled in the religious systems and the people we love who are also trapped in the bondage of an anti kingdom spirit by human affections and compassions. We do not realize that the best thing we could do for them is to break out and get on the trail to the real kingdom lifestyle. We can never help them by remaining entangled in the same religious entrapments with them.
Ron

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 11/01/2009 at 12:39am

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 5:28am

1 Cor 4:20: For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

Rom 14:17: for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Natural human love, compassion, and relationships are not the same as the love of God. The love of God is always pure, holy, and filled with righteousness. In contrast, natural human affection and compassion always have an element of self-gratification and often becomes highly manipulative and sometimes tolerant of unrighteousness to achieve personal desires and needs. God’s love flows out of an abundance of inner Spirit life, like springs of living water (John 7:38). Human affection and compassion often flow from unfulfilled inner needs and lack.
Ron

Posted By: Vince Sucec
Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 8:57am

Ron well said, there are priorities, always to seek the Kingdom ...

The Kingdom can be also taking "them" with us .... I think a major part of this process is a witness as well  to the "establishment" those that serve in a traditional manner... the institution is being transformed ...  

If we do this, the institution will be transformed from the inside ...  

-------------
Until we all come into the unity of the faith ...

Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 11:15am

Vince Sucec wrote:

Ron well said, there are priorities, always to seek the Kingdom ...

The Kingdom can be also taking "them" with us .... I think a major part of this process is a witness as well  to the "establishment" those that serve in a traditional manner... the institution is being transformed ...  

If we do this, the institution will be transformed from the inside ...  

Hello Vince,

Thanks for your reply. I think that I hear what you are saying but am not sure.

However, if you are talking about the church system being changed into the kingdom, I do not believe the system can be reformed. The people within the system hopefully will be transformed. And if they are the system will automatically disappear.The church system that exist although tolerated and used as much as possible in the past is not a system of God and is in fact spawned by other spirits that cannot come to the cross and will not be reformed. It is impossible for the system to become the kingdom of God. It would simply no longer exist because the system is not in order with God and His kingdom from the core out. This is not and cannot become the ekklesia the glorious church that Jesus is building. The system that exist cannot flow the kingdom and will continue to corrupt as long as it exist.

Perhaps I am not following what you mean by the institution being transformed.

Ron

Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 12:59pm

The "system" is the temple made with hands. As the letter of the law was transformed through its fuffillment in the Spirit, so the temple made with hands is transformed.

The gaurdians of letter of the law, the pharisees, in the days of the Lord, did not allow its fuffillment by not allowing others to enter in. They created a heiarchy - they were the gate keepers.

But what exactly were they guilty of ? Were they not following what God had said ? Were they not operating in a system that God up to that point in history had "created"? (God was exposing their futility)

It was the Lord who forbid eating that which is unclean, and yet He told Peter to NOW "kill and eat".

So we have what is seemingly a contradiction between the old and the new.

This "contradiction" is used to stretch us by revealing our inward condition of being hardened to the very manifestation of God. (God was both an expression of the letter of the law and the Spirit.)  

The process is a matter of being able to contain the Spirit. Containing the Eternal.

Can we contain the eternal by establishing a Kingdom that leaves others behind - even those who came before us?

If we do that, even in the name of the "Kingdom," then we will have another "temple made with hands."

-------------

Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 1:17pm

But yes, it is necessary that we are stretched again, in that sense this is a move of God.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 2:02pm

Vince we are NOT establishing any kingdom. He is establishing His kingdom in and through us and He alone determines who will enter and who will not. The system is NOT people it is a system that takes on a life of its own and then rules even the people who built it and gave it life.

You will do well to read two books that can enlighten you on the religious systems of today including their origin and their work.

Pagan Christianity - Frank Viola and George Barna

http://www.lifechangers.org/ - Dr. Frankenstein & World Systems – By Bob Mumford

Ron

Date Posted: 11/04/2009 at 2:19pm

Yes there is a gap between the lion and the lamb - the "rulers" and the "people"... may God have mercy on us ALL.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/05/2009 at 7:04am

Vince,

The pitiful gap is between the religious systems of this world and the kingdom of God and His righteousness. The saddest part is the people who follow and never really experience the real kingdom of God life. "having a form of godliness but denying the power."

Ron

Date Posted: 11/05/2009 at 8:54am

Yes I agree, the religious system permeates every aspect of our lives - I am amazed at the new realizations of the Kingdom that God is birthing through ministries like this one,

We have to, on a fundamental level, realize that the leven is hidden leven. I am convinced that God is bringing to light this leven in our lives. But as the light illuminated Peter's hidden leven by saying, "Kill and eat," and his religion was offended, so we have areas in our lives that dont seem religious.

It is interesting that movements that were genuine - that God breathed - end up as a shell of the movements transcendent beginning.

Religion is like the shell.

Bless us all on our quest of His Kingdom,  

Vincent

-------------

Posted By: Alfie McDames
Date Posted: 11/05/2009 at 11:38am

I am finding that every call to 'Kingdom' living through the generations has been preceded by a call to personal and national repentance.

This call will always involve death of some sort. At the personal level it is death to all self interest. At the  corporate or national level it will also include death to fleshly rags applied to a heavenly institution, namely the Kingdom.

I am becoming convinced that there is no program instituted by man that will stand the test of eternity.

What is required is repentance, or death to self, a fleshly painful circumcision and a new vision and zeal for Kingdom priorities.

It is not wise to put new wine into old wine skins.  Like the snake aquireing new skin, we must leave the old skin of compromise and get back to preaching the Kingdom preceded by a call to repentance.

Date Posted: 11/05/2009 at 1:53pm

Alfie ~ "I am becoming convinced that there is no program instituted by man that will stand the test of eternity." -

Amen therein lay the process ... if we cannot build our own kingdom then we cannot rule it ... so who are the rulers then???

Hmmmmm ...

-------------

Date Posted: 11/05/2009 at 4:41pm

Vince it is Christ now alive and on earth in the Spirit indwelling sons of God who builds and rules His kingdom. Nothing of the flesh is involved it is by His Spirit. Not by might or power of any human design or force. Christ in His people is the hope of glory.

Only spiritual people can hear and understand this. It is foolish to the natural mind.

1 Cor 2:7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
1 Cor 2:8  which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1 Cor 2:9  But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
1 Cor 2:10  But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:11  For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
1 Cor 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
1 Cor 2:13  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Cor 2:14  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Cor 2:15  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

Ron

Date Posted: 11/06/2009 at 7:05am

Christ in His people is the hope of glory. allelluiah !!!

Very interesting Ron yes it is a total supplanting ... hmmmmm ...

-------------

Posted By: Dave Spencer
Date Posted: 11/06/2009 at 8:18am

If the Spirit says, "Go there", then go.  If He says, "don't go there", then don't.  If He says, "Stay where you are but beware the 'spider's web'", then stay with Truth in Love and with discernment.

Isn't it as simple as that?  Yes, the Kingdom of God is not just words but power!  Power that is completely yielded to loving Jesus, who we are "trusting in, adhering to, and relying on" as the amplified version of the bible says.

It is possible to love the person and hate the sin (the system).  They will know us by our love for others.

With His Love,
Dave

Date Posted: 11/06/2009 at 8:30am

wow i really dig that Dave ... being above the circumstances IN Him ...

-------------

Posted By: Dave Spencer
Date Posted: 11/07/2009 at 8:18am

The unholy (really EVIL) trinity of the world system is sexual misconduct, greed and pride (self-justification for partaking of the first two).  The church system that is supporting this evil is the thing that we must be separate from.

For example, it took the black death to break the cheap supply of humanity in England.  That source was supplied, in large part, by the sexual mis-behavior of the "nobility" and the merchant classes which produced multitudes of cast-off children which were raised to meet the "needs" of the upper classes.  Yes, history shows us that the world system is really evil.

The question is, what will it take to break through this evil in the USA and other parts of the world?  I believe that most of the solution will be the awakening of God's children to the revelation of just how evil the world (and church) system really is.  And just how good and powerful Holy Spirit/Jesus/Father is.  And that the two (the world/church system and the kingdom of God) cannot be mixed together.

With His Love,
Dave

Date Posted: 11/08/2009 at 5:12pm

Many, if not most, Christians have never experienced the kingdom of God lifestyle now in this life. Religion has taught us that in this life we cannot experience the practical daily reality of the pure, holy life of Christ Jesus. Many have been made to believe that in this life they cannot be free from the “old man” inherited from the first Adam and therefore cannot become a perfect man in Christ Jesus.
We may or may not know that there is a zero tolerance for defilement in the New Jerusalem life. Nothing, absolutely not one microbe of defilement will ever be allowed to enter this pure holy kingdom life (Rev 21:27). We may also rightly believe that the blood of Christ Jesus has paid the penalty for all our sin. However, many do not know that Christ Jesus dwelling in us by the Spirit can completely cleanse our lives now in this world and transfer us into His kingdom lifestyle now.
For me, one of the saddest deceptions to affect the potential of kingdom living is the teaching that we need not live holy lives. Good people believe that the sin and defilements that they allow are not a problem. Christians persuaded by this fallacious teaching remain mostly powerless and ineffective in bringing change to a needy world. For the most part their lives are usually consumed in trying to meet their own needs and to make it through the trials of this life. In this season when the way to kingdom life is opened, Jesus must turn away many from the New Jerusalem life, because He does not abide with them in their defiled lives.
Ron

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 11/27/2009 at 7:49pm

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Print Page | Close Window