Print Page | Close Window

Apostolic Strategy - David Orton

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
Forum Discription: Revival/renewal and increased personal intimacy with God has led to transformation and reformation toward the kingdom of God.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29606
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 4:13pm

Topic: Apostolic Strategy - David Orton

Posted By: Moderator
Subject: Apostolic Strategy - David Orton
Date Posted: 11/02/2009 at 6:45pm

Apostolic Strategy - by David Orton

Part 1 of 4

"...the Holy Spirit said, `Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work...'" Acts 13:2

God is restoring a new level of the `apostolic' to His church.

But for this to occur we must cut through the extraneous and get to the foundational. In an age of communication and information overload we are desperately in need of distinguishing between the primary and the peripheral.

And so, in this teaching my object is to uncover the primary strategy for an apostolic release and show how the kingdom of God may increase on earth.

Distinguishing between `Strategy' & `Tactics'

To do this we must understand two terms:

`Strategy' - the art of war the planning and direction of the larger military movements and overall operations; and

`Tactics' - the art of disposing armed forces - the carrying out of the larger strategy through manoeuvres in actual contact with the enemy.

The former consists of foundational principles which are inviolable and universal, applicable to all peoples and all times. They look at the big picture - to where, when, and why troops and resources are best directed to ensure victory.

The latter consists of situational procedures - methods that will vary depending on circumstances to deliver troops and resources in implementing the strategy. For example, troops and supplies may be dropped in by parachute, or they may be landed by boat. It deals with the logistics of a specific mission.

Tragically the church devotes most of her energies to the `tactical', trying to implement and improve practical programs, assuming they are integral to God's larger `strategy'.

The `tactical' must come out of the `strategic' and relates to the management of either the church (this management is called the `diaconate') or the sphere of the apostle (the `apostolate' which is managed by the ministry of `helps and administrations'). This opens the difference between the `church' and the `work' which we will unpack later in this study.

The `strategic' is macro-leadership the `tactical' is micro-management. But one must flow out of the other - the latter out of the former.

This article therefore will take us into the `war room' - into the macro. There we will explore the apostolic strategy for the global expansion of the gospel and the increase of His kingdom on earth.

Defining the term `Apostle'

To do this we must first define the term `apostle'. The Greek word `apostolos' simply means a sent one. Jesus used the verb form of this word when He declared, "As the Father has sent (apostello) me, so I send you" (Jn 20:21). Every believer clearly has an apostolic commission. The marching orders have already been given. But how are those orders delivered in a given situation so that the body of Christ might move into the apostolic - into its commission as a sent one?

This is where the apostle kicks in. Along with the prophet, they are the pivotal ascension gift ministries for the healthy functioning of the body and the releasing of the saints to the work of ministry (Eph 2:20; 4:11-14). In other words, the body cannot function `apostolically' without the full and mature functioning of the apostle.

The use of the term `apostolos' in classical Greek is highly instructive. First, in the context of Roman colonial expansion, it was used to refer to the commander of a naval expedition sent out to establish a new colony; and secondly, to the whole fleet and colony which was founded by that commander.

Nature & Function of the Apostolic

The Holy Spirit has lifted this term from its classical context and embedded it within the sacred text to describe for us both the nature and function of the apostolic.

Sent from God, the primary function of the apostle is to plant the colony of heaven on earth. This is far larger than just planting new churches. It encompasses this, but has more to do with the increase of the kingdom both in a quantitative and qualitative sense - the raising up of a new humanity enjoying "righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Rom 14:17; see also Rom 8:29; Heb 2:10).

This is born through the corporate and plural nature of the apostolic. We have just seen in the original usage of the term the thought of leadership (the commander) and the corporate (the fleet and the colonists).

While not teaching explicitly the corporateness of the apostolic ministry, the Scripture does teach it implicitly by way of a model.

Paul, for example, on his 3rd missionary journey returning from Greece "was accompanied by Sopater of Berea, and by Aristarchus and Secindus of the Thessalonians; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timothy; and Tychicus and Trophimus of Asia" (Acts 20:4). Through this corporateness the gospel spreads and the kingdom is expanded.

Paul said of his associate Timothy, "For I have no one else of kindred spirit...But you know of his proven worth that he served with me in the furtherance of the gospel..." (Phil 2:20, 22). Likewise, Luke in his record of Paul's 2nd missionary journey provides us clear testimony to the corporateness and effect of Paul's ministry in the spread of the gospel. "And a vision appeared to Paul...a certain man of Macedonia...saying, `Come over to Macedonia and help us.' And when he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them" (Act 16:9,10). It is important to note that while `he' (Paul) had seen the vision `we' (Paul's team including Luke) sought to go. Through the apostle, Luke concludes that "God had called us to preach" - a vivid picture of what could be called the `corporate apostle'.

It appears that Paul's apostolic gifting was the catalyst for the release and function of other ministries. His life and dynamic irrepressibly found expression in a company of intimates (see Rom 16:1-16). These men and women, while free, subordinated any individualistic pursuit of ministry, resulting not in an organisational structure, but in a pure and powerful demonstration of the body of Christ - of free men walking together in relationship as love-slaves to Christ.

Paul the Prototype Apostle

And so, the history of God's activity through the church is primarily a history of `men and movements'.

He calls and commissions `apostles' through whom he raises up a work. After the ascension of Christ Peter, James, and John, all had their spheres of ministry from which flowed related movements of followers and co-labourers.

However, as significant as these men where I would suggest that there is one man and movement which is the normative model - the prototype.

This, in my view, is Paul - the pioneer `apostle to the Gentiles' (Gal 2:8). A man sent to the ethne - to all tribes, tongues, peoples, and nations (see Acts 26:16-18). His mission was universal - to ALL nations.

Let me explain.

Peter, by contrast, was recognised as an `apostle to the Jews'. This was according to a divine commission, as was Paul's apostleship to the Gentiles (see Gal 2:7,8). James and John were also established as `pillars' in Jerusalem - the Hebrew church (see Gal 1:19; 2:9, 12; Acts 15:13; 21:18). Although, tradition later places John in Ephesus (living out his days towards the close of the first century as an old and venerated leader of that church); and Peter in Rome.

However, Paul was the chosen instrument to take the gospel to the nations in accordance with God's purpose (see Acts 9:15; 26:15-18; 13:47; Isa 49:6; Rom 1:1; Gal 1:15). This was primarily an issue of call and revelation:

"...God who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles..." (Gal 1:15-16)

Because of his call to the nations God entrusted a unique revelation to Paul. This revelation was not received from any man, nor revealed to previous generations,

"...the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man...I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ" (Gal 1:11-12).

He did not receive it from Peter, James, or John. In fact Paul's revelation was so unique he could describe it as `my gospel' (see Rom 2:16; 16:25; 2 Tim 2:8; 2 Th 2:14; 2 Cor 4:3).

He also warned of a `different gospel' in contrast to the gospel that he had preached (see 2 Cor 11:4; Gal 1:6, 8, 9). Paul's gospel was so distinctive in contrast to that of Peter, James, and John, and so integral to the establishing of the new covenant order that he publicly withstood Peter in Antioch to protect it (see Gal 2:11-14). Peter, writing many years later, acknowledged that Paul's revelation was `hard to understand', but had evidently accepted the rebuke affirming his writings as `Scripture' (see 2 Pet 3:16).

So, what was the revelation that others found so hard to understand - and what was unique about it?

Paul explains,

"Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation... In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of ONE BODY..." (Eph 3:2-6).

It is the revelation of the `ONE BODY' in which there is neither Jew nor Gentile (see Eph 2:11- 18; Col 3:11; Gal 3:28; 6:15; Rom 2:28, 29). Until this revelation the gospel (with the exception of Cornelius's household - Acts 10) was viewed as exclusive to the Jew. And even after the outpouring of the Spirit at Cornelius's house the Gentiles were still subjected to the ritual law. Certain individuals came from James in Jerusalem to Antioch demanding the Gentiles submit to circumcision. Conflicting with Paul's revelation of the gospel this precipitated the Jerusalem Council (Acts 15) and triggered Paul's later confrontation with Peter at Antioch because of his withdrawal from the Gentiles (Gal 2).

This revelation of the `ONE BODY', as we will see in part two, is the essence of the apostolic mandate.

REPRINT AGREEMENT: Duplication and re-transmission of this writing is permitted provided that complete source and website information for Lifemessenger is included.

Thank you.

Copyright © David Orton 2004

Replies:

Date Posted: 11/02/2009 at 6:47pm

Part 2

"...the Holy Spirit said, `Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work...'" Acts 13:2

Antioch the Prototype Apostolic Church

Before we expand on the revelation of the `ONE BODY', viewing Paul as the apostolic prototype for the universal church, let us explore the beginnings of that ministry.

If we are to understand the intent of the Holy Spirit in any given direction, we must go back to the first instance of that direction. This provides the model for all future development.

To do this we must return to the city of Antioch. It was from here that the Gentile mission was born, becoming the true parent of the universal church. The action of the Holy Spirit in this city creates the DNA for the apostolic - it becomes the prototype for gospel expansion and kingdom increase.

Focussing on Antioch, Acts chapter 13 divides the record of Acts in two the first section (ch 1-12) finding its focal point in Peter's mission to the Jews, and the second (ch 13-28) finding it in the unfolding Pauline mission to the nations. Significantly, the first reference to Paul as an `apostle' does not occur until chapter 14 (vs. 4, 14) - after he has been sent from Antioch.

Acts 13, therefore, provides the ingredients for the release of the apostolic.

Let us examine this in more detail:

A `Gateway' City

First, we see that Antioch was a `gateway' city.

Antioch, in Syria, the third largest city of the Roman Empire after Rome and Alexandria, was a commercial and political hub. Close to the frontier between the Greco-Roman world and the Orient, it contained a highly cosmopolitan population. It was the gateway between West and East a city through which commerce, government, many nationalities, and belief-systems found access to larger geographical regions and spheres of influence.

The international complexion of the city and therefore of the church is reflected in its leadership -

"In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the Tetrarch) and Saul." Acts 13:1

In addition to Barnabas from Cyprus and Saul from Tarsus, the leadership consisted of Simeon called Niger (meaning `black') obviously from Africa; Lucius of Cyrene, from Libya, in North Africa; and Manaen, `brought up with Herod', a member of the Jewish aristocracy.

As the master-strategist, in this melting pot of the nations, the Holy Spirit chose to give birth to the apostolic. It became the launch pad for the Gentile apostolic mission - for the colony of heaven invading earth.

And so, the `Antioch model' illustrates that the Holy Spirit is strategic in choosing `gateway' cities for the raising up of the apostolic.

Even so, it must be remembered that `forerunners' and `saviours' most often come from or minister in obscure places before strategic expansion. He sent, for example, John the Baptist into the wilderness; Amos was called from a small country town, and Jesus came from Nazareth. Paul was also taken into Arabia for a season before his strategic placement in Antioch (see Gal 1:17, 18).

The Church of the City

"...in the church in Antioch..." Acts 13:1

God is restoring the church of the city. The coming worldwide visitation will be so extensive, and so, intensive, that one group will not be able to contain it. It will demand a new wineskin - the emerging city-church.

The apostolic church knows nothing of our modern denominational divisions. It was not denominated by theologies or celebrities, but by geographies. Geographical boundaries and civil jurisdictions alone determined the church's boundaries. They were not in competition with one another. When the apostle addressed a church he would speak, for example, to the whole `church of God in Corinth' (1 Cor 1:2). Evidently, the church, even in these large cosmopolitan cities, was functioning as one unified body.

This brings us again to the content of Paul's revelation of the mystery - `that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of ONE BODY...' (Eph 3:6).

The revelation of the `ONE BODY' was not only the `message' but also the `method' of Paul's apostolic mission to the Gentiles. Once received it was modelled in the city-church of Antioch and then in Paul's apostolic team. Conceived in the womb of the city-church it was thrust out from the `ONE BODY' of Antioch to plant and nurture the corporate Christ, city by city, throughout the nations. Paul and his team had hands laid on them by the Antioch church and were `sent' (apostello) out (see Acts 13:3). And so, "the inhabitants of one city will go to another and say, `Let us go at once to entreat the Lord and seek the Lord Almighty'" (Zech 8:21).

This is in vast contrast to many of the `apostolic networks' we currently see operating.

Flying the flag of a particular `network' new members are `recruited' to that network rather than `re-formed' into the `ONE BODY' of the city. Consequently they are defined and denominated by their membership with that particular 'apostolic network' rather than by the church of the city. This in my view is not effectively different to our existing denominational divisions.

Because we are in transition this deficiency is understandable. We are emerging from a sub- normal Christianity. And so, the fullness of the apostolic ministry will occur only in harmony with the restoration of the city-church. This will occur as a work of the Spirit and will require distinguishing between two very different spheres of ministry - between the `church' and the `work'. It will also demand that one serve the other, but more of this in Part 3.

The apostolic Gentile mission began in Antioch and will continue until the `full number of the Gentiles has come in' (Rom 11:25). As the parent of that mission, Antioch has imparted its DNA and will, therefore, play out in every authentic expression of the apostolic.

Just as the Church of Ephesus, `tested those who claimed to be apostles... and found them false' (Rev 2:2), contemporary apostles will also need to be measured and tested.

The marks of an apostle apart from the `miraculous' (signs, wonders and miracles - 2 Cor 12:12), are seen in the `man' (in their fellowship of Christ's sufferings for the sake of Christ's body - see 2 Cor 4; 6:3-13; 11:16-12:10; Phil 3:10; Col 1:24-27); in their `message' (the revelation of the mystery - the one body - Eph 3:2-6); and in their `method' (the Antioch prototype as discussed here).

The revelation of the mystery of the Father's purpose to raise up a MATURE CORPORATE CHRIST in every city is shown to the `apostles and prophets' (see Eph 3:5). It will drive them not to build empires and networks but to spend their lives in growing the `church of the city'. This is the peculiar mission of apostles, prophets, and teachers who are set in the body as the spearhead of heaven coming to earth in a given locality (see 1 Cor 12:28). They do not exist for themselves to be a successful and growing network but for the body of Christ of each locality to come to `the fullness of the stature of Christ' (see Eph 4:11-14).

This DNA only comes by the Spirit - "...it is now being revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets" (Eph 3:5); and is therefore one of the proofs of true apostleship.

Without it, new `apostolic networks' will only prove to be an aberration as self-serving, sectarian, and schismatic as the historic denominations.

And so, when Paul planned to visit Rome, for example, he addressed himself `to all in Rome (to the whole church of the city)...I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong...' (Rom 1:7, 11). He was concerned to impart something of the Spirit to the whole church of the city that would add to their corporate maturity. His apostolic passion and purview took in the whole horizon of the city-church. He was not looking for recruits to grow his own network.

It is time to ask ourselves whether we are merely building a `successful' network or the corporate Christ!

In Part 3 we will discover the role of prophetic worship, prophets, and teachers in releasing the apostolic.

REPRINT AGREEMENT: Duplication and re-transmission of this writing is permitted provided that complete source and website information for Lifemessenger is included.

Thank you.

Date Posted: 11/02/2009 at 6:48pm

Part 3

The `Church' and the `Work'

"In the church at Antioch...the Holy Spirit said, `Set apart Paul and Barnabas for the work...'" Acts 13:1-2

Despite the apostolic message and method finding its focus in the city-church, the ONE BODY, there is a clear division of labour. Paul and Barnabas, at the direction of the Holy Spirit, were to be separated from the `church' to the `work'.

This is the birth of the apostolic. Hands are layed on them and they are `sent' (apostello), immediately embarking with John Mark, on the first missionary journey into Asia Minor (modern day Turkey), preaching, winning disciples, planting churches, and appointing elders. On returning to Antioch they give an account of their labours and after a lengthy stay Paul returns, this time with Silas, to "see how they are doing" (Acts 15:36), thus providing oversight for the towns and cities previously visited.

The `church' and the `work' are distinguished in missiology as the `modality' and the `sodality'. They are two distinct spheres of calling. The former referring to the local sphere of congregational life. The latter referring to a trans-local sphere - in fact, to the brotherhood, or association of an apostolic company, separate from the former but given to the work of serving it along with a larger region.

This pattern has been reflected throughout the Christian movement in the various reforming movements, brotherhoods, and missionary movements of both the Catholic and Protestant traditions. However, because of the subnormal condition of church life they have been limited in their ultimate effect despite the often reforming nature of their origins. They have in most cases been born of a true apostolic or prophetic commission.

Even so, in response to the spiritual malaise of the church they have separated from it and given themselves to specialist areas such as missions, prayer, education, or mercy - but, in isolation to the true apostolic burden of the ONE BODY, the corporate Christ of a city. And yet this is the DNA of the original `sodality' of Antioch.

Consequently, our current understanding of so-called `para-church' ministries is aberrant (so also our understanding of the `local church'). As the Holy Spirit restores the fullness of the apostolic and prophetic foundation of the `new thing' God is doing, many `para-church' ministries will either become a part of the city-church diaconate or become fully-fledged apostolic movements serving and facilitating the restoration of the ONE BODY, the city- church, across whole regions of the globe. Others may become ministries of `helps' to those movements that have a true and proven apostolic commission. And some will be shut down as the Father plucks up all those things He has not planted.

The Foundation of Apostles and Prophets

If apostles and prophets, in union with Christ as the chief cornerstone, truly are the foundation of God's dwelling (see Eph 2:20-22), these transitions and realignments will only occur as the foundation is re-laid.

This is why intimacy with God is so foundational to what is going down right now, but more of that in a moment.

In any building process first things must be first - first the foundations and then the superstructure "...God sets first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then..." (1 Cor 12:28). This means that for the "dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit" to be raised up across a whole city - for a citywide revival - apostles and prophets are not optional. In fact, without them it begs the question as to what we have really been building. It explains in some measure why the church has stalled in the West, particularly the new city-reaching and church growth technologies.

A restoration or rebuilding process demands the `uprooting and pulling down' of all that is not true to the original plan. Only then can the `building and planting' proceed. This is the work of reformation as God shakes all things that can be shaken, so that only the unshakeable will remain - every human system, structure, and sentiment will be shaken until the Kingdom only remains. Our present `local church' structures are currently experiencing this. The traditional model of a pastor-led congregation operating as a denominational franchise will phase out as the city-church wineskin built on the foundation of apostles and prophets replaces it. This is the Father's original pattern a MATURE CORPORATE SON revealed in every city (see Eph 4:11-13; also for a full explanation see chapter 9 of the author's book, `Snakes in the Temple: Exposing Idolatry in Today's Church').

And as it was at the first the heavens will again, at this end of the age, resonate with the Father's pleasure as He declares over the CORPORATE CHRIST, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased. Listen to him!" (Mtt 17:5). God will rivet the attention of whole cities and nations as a visible cloud of glory descends over them sweeping multitudes into the Kingdom.

But how will this occur - and how will the apostolic foundation be restored.

The Antioch prototype provides the strategy.

Prophets and Teachers

"In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers..." Acts 13:1

It would appear prophets and teachers prepare the way for the release of apostles. Through prophetic teaching and declaration a shift occurs in the spirit realm that releases new or higher levels of the apostolic.

This kind of teaching is not just the transfer of information. It is not Greek Academe, the teaching of seminaries or Bible Colleges, but rather that kind of prophetic teaching which is truly transformational. It is not man's wisdom acquired from book learning, but a wisdom taught by the Spirit. It is food for the spirit which comes from the Father's heart through those sent as ascension gift ministries to the church (see Eph 4:11). They are those that Jesus promised that He would send as "prophets, wise men and teachers" - they are John-the- Baptist-type prophets, reformers, and revolutionaries sent to prepare the way of the Lord (see Mtt 23:34).

And as they prophesy, as did Ezekiel, there will be a "noise, and a shaking as the bones come together, bone to bone" (Ezk 37:4-8) - a re-formation of the church - in fact, a restoration of the ONE BODY, until their breath enters them and they "stand on their feet as an exceeding great army" (v 10) - a cohesive fighting force with ONE SPIRIT, ONE HOPE, ONE LORD, and ONE GOD and Father, over all and through all and in all (see Eph 4:4-6). And so, "From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work""(Eph 4:16).

The Body of Christ is now entering a phase of prophetic teaching and declaration strategic to the restoration of apostles and the city-church.

Prophetic Worship and Intimacy birthing the Apostolic

"As they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said..." Acts 13:2

These kinds of prophets and teachers are given to the Lord in ministry to Him. They know what it is to play to an audience of One. They are not ecclesiastical functionaries professional ministers and church technicians - but men of the Spirit. Like David they have hearts after the heart of God and know how to lose themselves in Him - to fall into the Great- Heart Himself.

They are not `doing' worship to bring God down - trying to coerce Him to perform or manipulate Him.

Priests after the Order of Zadok

They are priests after the order of Zadok. Having remained faithful to the Lord and to the sanctuary while others pursued their idols of growth and success they alone, in this new temple of the city-church, the MATURE CORPORATE CHRIST, will be permitted to "come near my table to minister before me" (Ezk 44:16).

Those Levites who pursued other gods will bear the consequences of their unfaithfulness. They will still minister at the gates of the temple before the people - but never in the sanctuary before the Lord (see Ezk 44:10-16). The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him - and so, His hidden counsels, the hidden things of His heart, will only be revealed to those who have denied all other lovers, remaining true in their devotion to Him.

Over the last five years, with some of the more obvious manifestations of the current renewal subsiding, the Lord has been searching hearts to see whether we would continue to pursue Him, or resort to `business as usual' - to man's programs and planning. Those who have crossed the invisible line of unfaithfulness in the present season will visibly wear the consequences in the next. They will be supernaturally withheld from having significance in the restored temple of Ezekiel's vision - from the new temple of the city-church. The most unlikely will emerge as the apostles and prophets of this new era of the church. Those who have lead whole churches and movements in their headlong pursuit after the Baals of growth and success will not regain their birthright in the intimate things of God even with weeping.

And so, the apostolic is born of intimacy. Union with Christ is what true apostles are all about, providing the foundation for the dwelling of God with men.

Out of intimacy with the Father the next season will see an increased level of prophetic teaching and declaration a declaration - of the secret things of God's heart as they pertain to the MATURE CORPORATE SON - to the restoration of the city-church built on the foundation of true apostles and prophets with Christ as the chief cornerstone.

To the surprise of the religious system a new breed of Zadok-like apostles and prophets will be released into the Body of Christ to prepare the Bride for the harvest of the nations.

In Part 4 we will discuss the apostolic strategy to harvest cities and nations.

Thank you.

Date Posted: 11/02/2009 at 6:49pm

Part 4

Rebuilding the `House of the Lord'

God is once again calling out a remnant from the church's Babylonian captivity.

Just as ancient Israel, when the seventy years had expired, were set free to return and rebuild the temple, so too the people of God in this hour (see Jer 25:11-12; 29:10-14; Ezra 1:1-5). The prophetic clock has been ticking and the time for our release is imminent. But it is a release with a purpose - `the restoration of all things spoken by the holy prophets' (see Acts 3:21) - to restore and rebuild the house of the Lord.

But we have misunderstood the `house of the Lord' - we have thought it was our `paneled houses' - our `local churches' - our franchise outlet for the latest so-called `apostolic network', new movement, or historic denomination.

We have forgotten that Jesus said, "I will build My church" - that He is completely single-minded about the restoration of "one flock with one shepherd" (Jn 10:16) - the one church of the city.

We have prevaricated by saying, "The time has not yet come for the Lord's house to be built" ( Hag 1:2). But the time has come the Lord is asking, "Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?" (Hag 1:4).

We have wondered why it's so hard to `do church' - why there is so much `burn-out' - so much failure and frustration - and so little growth.

And so, the Lord is saying,

"Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little...You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home I blew away. Why?...Because of My house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house." Hag 1:5-9

The Lord is about to stir the hearts of His people again. As they hear the prophetic sound of the Haggais and Zechariahs, Zerubbabel and Joshua, the apostolic builders, with a remnant people will leave their sectarian and selfish interests to return to the work - to the rebuilding of the city-church - the raising up of the dwelling of God by the Spirit (see Hag 1:12-15).

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit"

But because the status quo (building our ministry, movement, church, or denomination) is such an immovable mountain the word of the Lord will declare,

""'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit'...'What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of `Grace, Grace!'

Then the word of the Lord came to me, `The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; his hands will also complete it...'" Zech 4:6-9

The mountain of entrenched patterns - two-thousand years of religious traditions, structures, and sentiments - of self-seeking and self-promotion will fall before the omnipotent Spirit. What is impossible to man is possible to God. All things that can be shaken will be shaken, so that only the unshakeable will remain.

The release of God's people and the restoration of the city-church are imminent. Its foundation will be re-laid, but it will be by the Spirit, not by any human might or power - there will be no twelve- step city-reaching strategy to pull it off!

The foundation of apostles and prophets with Christ as the chief-cornerstone is the first step. And it will only be re-laid through a deep work of the Spirit. False foundations - denominational, celebrity, and self-seeking agendas will be ripped up and discarded in this new move of the Spirit. A deep repentance will grip the hearts of many as they are called to "raise up the age-old foundations" (Isa 58:12).

All across our cities and nations these reformational forerunners are now being prepared for release. They have been called by the Spirit into places of obscurity and anonymity. Just as those who, in debt, distressed, and discontented were called out from Saul's palace to David at Adullam (1 Sam 22:1-2) in preparation for the throne - for the third and apostolic anointing - so too, a remnant forerunner company for the restoration of the apostolic city-church. They will prove to be the embryo of a new wineskin that will harvest whole cities and regions of the earth.

True Servanthood - "known, yet regarded as unknown"

As `no-name' apostles and prophets they will make way for the King. They will be buried in Christ as the chief-cornerstone - hidden in God - obscured in the anonymity of true servanthood - "known, yet regarded as unknown" (2 Cor 6:9). A foundation is never visible, except as it is being laid. And so, for a short season there will be a re-emphasis of their role in the process of rebuilding and restoration. But as they are put in place, in Paul's words,

"...God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe...we are fools for Christ..." 1 Cor 4:9-10

As true apostles they will receive the sentence of death in themselves - they will decrease, so that the life of God may increase.

And so, again in Paul's words,

"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ" 1 Cor 3:11

And this foundation is more than the doctrine of Christ. It is not knowledge about Christ. Rather, it is being immersed in the knowledge of Christ - a union of spirit - the intimacy of bride and groom.

Buried in this knowledge (through prophetic worship, declaration and teaching), prophets will prepare the way for a new release of the apostolic according to the Antioch prototype.

Apostolic Strategy for Maximum Impact

But, once launched into the nations these new-breed apostles will employ a certain strategy - one that, for Paul, harvested cities and nations.

They will go to the `Jew first', signifying the old order of man's religious systems, with a prophetic challenge (see Rom 1:16; 2:9,10, Acts 13:46; 18:6; 28:17-31). From them a remnant will believe and come out identifying with the `new thing' that God is doing. As the old order resists the time will come to withdraw and go to the Gentiles - this will signal the harvest of a new kingdom era.

In particular, this pattern was evident during Paul's third missionary journey. In Ephesus,

"Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord". Acts 19:8-10

True to the apostolic pattern of separation between the `church' and the `work' (`modality' and `sodality' - refer Part 3) there is no indication Paul presided over the infant church of Ephesus in any kind of eldership or pastoral role. Rather, he gave himself to the apostolic work of teaching and training.

The School of Tyrannus became an `apostolic training centre' which impacted the whole region. Ephesus, being the commercial and religious hub for the whole of Asia (modern day Turkey), was the strategic choice for maximum impact.

Apostolic Anointing for Miracles and Multiplication

How did this work? On the principles of replication and multiplication. Paul, out of a fathering relationship, instructed Timothy,

"...the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will also be qualified to teach others." 2 Tim 2:2

Four generations of leadership are embedded in this one apostolic directive. Paul not only replicated his life and ministry in Timothy, but it then multiplied through him to the third and fourth generation and no doubt beyond.

Along with "extraordinary miracles" this is how "the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power" throughout the whole of Asia (Acts 19:11, 20). It is no coincidence that when the apostles at an earlier date released themselves from administration and gave themselves to prayer and the ministry of the word that, "the word of the Lord spread" and that, "the number of disciples increased (multiplied) rapidly" (Acts 6:7).

Addition is one thing, multiplication another. Believers were `added' to the church initially, but as the apostolic grew they began to `multiply' rapidly (cf Acts 2:41, 47; 4:4; 5:14; 6:1, 7; 9:31, 35, 42; 11:21, 24; 12:24; 14:1, 21; 16:5; 17:12; 19:20).

From Christ, as the "Apostle and High Priest of our confession", this apostolic anointing for miracles and multiplication will flow into His body as it comes to maturity.

In Ephesus healing and deliverance occurred through handkerchiefs touched by Paul. The seven sons of Sceva, using the name of Jesus to exorcise demons without faith, where mocked and overpowered as the demons screamed, "Jesus I know, Paul I know, but who are you?" The whole city was seized by fear and the prince demon of Artemis (Diana) was so shaken that a citywide riot against Paul ensued pouring into the 25,000-seat theatre. The temple built to Artemis was four times larger than the Parthenon in Athens and the cult was so powerful that it presided over the religious, economic, and cultural life of the whole city and region. However, through the apostolic anointing for miracles and multiplication it was bound from this time. While there is no record of Paul confronting this prince power head on, at a later date John stood before the altar of Artemis commanding the demon to leave. Instantly the altar split into pieces and half the temple collapsed!

Apostolic anointing and strategy leads to maximum impact! This is the time to return from our Babylonian captivity, from our self-seeking, and re-build the temple of the city-church - to rediscover the foundation of apostles and prophets with Christ as the chief-cornerstone.

Thank you.

Posted By: Douglas Clark
Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 6:24am

Certainly God is doing something in the earth as the barriers that divide
us are being removed. Everyone is in agreement that the old ways of
religious institutions will not work any longer. Our Father is doing
something that cannot be contained by the constructs of human beings.
Where there may be a difference of opinion is on what this new thing will
look like as it continues to take hold within the body of Christ.

The ministries of Peter, Paul and Barnabas were at the beginning of a new
time, and a new age. It was and has been the age of Pentecost.   What
God did with those who came before us is not necessarily a rubric for
what He is doing now as we transition into a new age (third day).

Jesus was an apostle, prophet, evangelist, teacher, and shepherd. He also
was and is a king and a priest.   As we enter into the fulness of the Spirit
the
demarkation between our particular callings will give way to a form of
ministry that reflects the life of the Spirit in us in such a way that Christ
in us will be what is needed for any particular situation. The limitations
of the in-part will give way to fulness without measure.

It is not apostles and prophets that creation is groaning for -- It is the
manifestation of the sons of God.

I have said it before and I will say it again, The earmark of what is now
unfolding is NOT THE GATHERING OF THE CORPORATE. It is THE
DEALING OF THE INDIVIDUAL. The manifestation of the corporate (will be
and is) in direction correlation with the inner work that is happening to us
individually. This sounds foreign to all we know and have been taught
because since Pentecost it has been about the gathering of the 120 in the
upper room. Past moves of the Spirit have started when people gathered
together in one accord. Pentecost must now give way to The Feast of
Tabernacle where each one is in their little booth alone with God.

I am not saying we are not to have contact with one another. What I am
saying is that we are transitioning into something that does not resemble
where we have already been.

Doug

Posted By: Kriston Couchey
Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 8:14am

Douglas,

You have great insights that are thought provoking. As far as the corporate vs individual, there is a dealing of the individual that manifests in the corporate. To put it real plainly, what the Lord deals with me individually many times I am given to share with others on a corporate basis.

We are in a time of transition and training of harvesters, these know the issues of the heart and truly what the Lord is after in his people in this hour. God is bringing a harvest of sons that goes beyond the individual, and he has sent sons as forerunners in the Spirit to prepare the way of the Lord in their own hearts, and as a result they are able to be guideposts, NOT LORDS OR LEADERS but signposts along the way to help the corporate come into the place of union as sons with the Lord they themselves have come into. Must go, but will check in later...

Kris  

-------------
One of the chosen foolish and weak
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/ - http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 10:29am

Kris,

I do not doubt that the Lord would give you things individually to share
with others. As you said, "there is a dealing of the individual that
manifests in the corporate." I do not dispute that at all. What I am saying
is there is something stirring in the plan of God that far exceeds any of
the ramblings I have heard concerning the restoration of apostles, or the
training of harvesters.

Yes, I also agree the Father has a first fruits company who have gone
ahead to prepare the way. I like the term you use, "guidepost." One
could also use the term, "pillar," as in, "He that overcometh I will make a
pillar in the temple of God."

As much as I hate to refer to something as future I believe there is
something coming that will be unlike anything we have ever seen before.
The fact that it will be untouched by the hand of man will in itself declare
the glory and handiwork of God. It will be orchestrated in such a way
that it will be evident that only God alone could pull it off.

Doug

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 10:36am

To continue..

Jesus, the firstborn of many brothers came as a son, and for 30 years did NOTHING but be a son, an individual that was not involved in "ministry" of any kind. Father said when He had done nothing "here is My beloved son in whom I am well pleased." Then He was "sent" (apostello) by father to destroy the works of the devil and bring many sons to glory. The first-fruit or firstborn of many brothers. And how did He do this? He ministered with a ministry God gave him, He preached, he taught, he prophesied, He shepherded, and He evanglised. And in the end He gave up his life, giving up even His own will to do the works God had prepared for Him from the foundation of the world.

We may fight against the terms men use for the ascension gifts because they are so greatly abused and twisted, but this is also how we are sent. It is not some great mystical thing that transcends existance. It is real and tangible works that we are sent to do. We are sent to do the works prepared for us from the foundation of the world. Not works to prove anything, or to make ourselves feel important because we are basing our worth on our works, but works that God has prepared for His sons who are sent just as Jesus was.   

As sons, we are sent just as Jesus was sent out of a place of completeness and security in Father's love.  Jesus laid down his rights and gave himself fully as a servant to do Father's will. He became a lowly servant apostle (sent one), while in the heavenly sphere He was the fully Son of God, with a much greater glory then a servant who obeyed even to losing his life. Losing our life is what we are called to as sons as well. If we try to save our life, we will lose it.

So Jesus then says, "as the Father as sent me, so send I (apostello) you, go..."

God is about to send people, and some truly may not go, but want to sit at the top of the mountain in peace and rest... You can do that, but there is a greater glory awaiting those who for the sake of the joy set before them endure the cross and it's shame and suffering and like a servant do the will of Father in bringing the kingdom in fullness to the earth.

Kriston

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 12:43pm

And in response:

In the New Testament we see evidence of two significant moments when
Jesus was anointed. The first time was at the beginning of His public
ministry when John baptized Him in the river, Jordan. John saw the Holy
Spirit descending in the form of a dove, resting upon Jesus. The voice of
the heavenly Father was heard saying, “This is my beloved son in whom I
am well pleased.” This was an anointing for healing the sick, feeding the
hungry, raising the dead, casting out demons and preaching the good
news of the Kingdom of God. This was the purpose of God given to Jesus
for ministry to mankind. God has made provision for us to partake of this
same anointing through the Holy Spirit given at Pentecost. This is what
Jesus referred to when He instructed His followers to wait until the day of
Pentecost where He promised they would receive power to be witnesses.
This Pentecostal experience is the “anointing for service.”

The second example is after the ministry of Jesus had ended. His
crucifixion was only a week away when a woman came into the house
where Jesus was staying and anointed Him with a very expensive
perfume. The disciples did not have their spiritual eyes open and were
upset over what they considered an extravagant waste of expensive
perfume. They wanted to sell it and use the money to feed the poor. The
disciples were so accustomed to the anointing for ministry that they had
trouble understanding this new directive that required the death of Jesus.

“While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the
Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive
perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they
asked. "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money
given to the poor." Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you
bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor
you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she
poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. I
tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world,
what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." Mt 26: 6-13

There is an anointing for death and burial that follows the anointing for
service. This is a more difficult anointing to receive for it is much easier
to receive the anointing for service than it is to receive the anointing for
death.   Even Jesus prayed, “Father, if it is possible let this cup pass from
me.” The anointing for death does not manifest itself with clouds of
glory. Those outside of its grasp rarely recognize this anointing, for
when it manifests itself, the recipient is led as a lamb to the slaughter,
accompanied by rejection from those who loved you the week before, and
finally, a very humiliating death. Many who observe this process see only
failure. Although, a few who watch this process unfold may look up and
say, “Truly this is a son of God.”    Does this sound like what you are
experiencing? Are you crying out to God, “Father, if it is possible let this
cup pass from me?” The truth is all who would become mature sons of
God must drink from this cup. As the Lord spoke to one dear sister, “I
must take everything if you are to be a savior in the Savior.”

What was accomplished through the death and resurrection of Jesus
Christ far exceeded His ministry of healing the sick, casting out demons
and preaching the good news of the Kingdom. The same principle
applies to those who embrace the anointing for burial.   What God will do
through us in our partaking of His death by laying down our own lives will
far exceed all that could be accomplished through the ministry of
Pentecost.

Doug

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 1:24pm

Doug,

I couldn't agree with you more. Paul released life to the beloved church through His death and the "marks" of Christ He bore. I believe there was a power realeased to those he was sent to that was released in what he suffered. There is a measure of glory that is only found in the cross and our being placed on it. Our will, our life, our desires.

There is an infamy that loses all and in it there is released resurrection life. It is not about gifts, it is not about titles or positions, it is about real life that is released that gives sight to the blind, makes the lame walk, and sets the captives free. All of this spiritually and physically.

Yet in all of this, it is nuts and bolts of peoples lives touching peoples lives. I interact with others who want to make what God is about to do something that is not involved with men. But that is the glory of what god is about to do. but, it is ALL ABOUT WHAT GOD IS DOING TO AND THROUGH MEN! God is taking men who are weak and frail, and making them sons. And he is first of all bringing His glory to bear IN them, and then making his glory known through them. something only God can do. We have 2000 years of mens destructive actions in the anointing as a negative report of what God can't do.

What is the most impossible thing in the eyes of men, in our own eyes? That God could make you a son, and then express His glory as He did Jesus.

That is something no one could believe God can do... He can part the seas, and raise the dead.. but can He really make me a manifestation of His sevenfold spirit on earth as Jesus was?

Its all practical yet supernatural..

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 1:28pm

(((What God will do through us in our partaking of His death by laying down our own lives will far exceed all that could be accomplished through the ministry of Pentecost.)))  Amen my Brother Doug!  TY-Absolute TRUTH spoken here.

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 3:09pm

Doug,

I am more then willing for the Lord to expand my vision of what He wants to do in this day. I ask Him to do this.

The Lord is filling His sons with the seven colors of the Spirit, the light of God. The seven seats of the soul are created for the expression of God, when activated by the Full expression of the Spirit, this will result in a quantum leap to a new dimension in His people. This will result in a glory release that is sovereign in it's expression from the Lord.

This will expand to whole regions filled with the sovereign presence and work of God. This glory needs no man to activate it, as God is present in habitation as a result of First filling His people, and then filling the atmosphere of regions of the earth with the atmosphere of the throne room.

We have seen small drops of glory that transcended ministry gifts in a few cases in the lives of the apostles. It went beyond gifts to the Goodness of God's glory touching people. Peter walking and people being healed by His shadow, Paul having just touched a hanky and people were healed and delivered.

These are just drops of rain of the glory coming. God as a result of His dwelling in His sons simply sovereignly works healing, miracles deliverance and life changing encounters with Himself. All as a result of His sovereign Glory resting in and upon His sons.

This is a work of REST for those who have taken up their cross and followed Him. A seventh day in which God will be the one working through His people and He will be the one receiving glory for it. The earthly representation of these through whom God worked in the early church were.... sent ones, servants...

And so they will be in this day... While they wear a crown and reign in the heavenlies, the expression to men is that of a servant, a sent one.   

But one day there will be no apostles, no prophets, no teachers, no pastors, no evangelists. When we come to the fullness of the measure of the stature of Christ. This is a progressive development, No one will say "know the Lord", as ALL will know Him. And all will just be sons...

Kris

Kriston

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 4:11pm

Douglas Clark wrote:

Jesus was an apostle, prophet, evangelist, teacher, and shepherd. He also
was and is a king and a priest.   As we enter into the fulness of the Spirit
the
demarkation between our particular callings will give way to a form of
ministry that reflects the life of the Spirit in us in such a way that Christ
in us will be what is needed for any particular situation. The limitations
of the in-part will give way to fulness without measure.

It is not apostles and prophets that creation is groaning for -- It is the
manifestation of the sons of God.

I have said it before and I will say it again, The earmark of what is now
unfolding is NOT THE GATHERING OF THE CORPORATE. It is THE
DEALING OF THE INDIVIDUAL. The manifestation of the corporate (will be
and is) in direction correlation with the inner work that is happening to us
individually. This sounds foreign to all we know and have been taught
because since Pentecost it has been about the gathering of the 120 in the
upper room. Past moves of the Spirit have started when people gathered
together in one accord. Pentecost must now give way to The Feast of
Tabernacle where each one is in their little booth alone with God.

I am not saying we are not to have contact with one another. What I am
saying is that we are transitioning into something that does not resemble
where we have already been.

Doug

I agree with these statements.... I think the matter is really timing, and as to how it will look in the natural...

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/11/2009 at 5:58pm

Hi Kris,

Thank you for all you have shared and for being so open with me. I have
to admit I am not use to that. :)

I don't claim to understand all that God is doing, but I have seen a
glimpse of something. I have shared it before in another thread but I will
post it again here. This is a segment of a prophetic word I received three
years ago. After receiving this word I had a vision of two rivers that
looked identical only one hovered over the other. It was then I saw two
moves or outpourings upon the earth. The first one evolved into
something that reminded me of the shepherding movement of the 70's.
It was after this vision that I became aware of the apostolic movement.

When I hear leaders speak of being properly aligned with an apostle or
you will miss out on what God is doing I quickly start smelling a rat. (I did
not read that in this article.) I believe that the Spirit of the Lord has
shown me that the kingdom movement we all embrace will continue to
gain momentum and that leaders will arise who will appoint themselves
shepherds over what God is doing. It will be against this backdrop that
the most mighty and holy move of God will arise out of nowhere. It will
be so fiercely independent of man's involvement yet so efficient in the
economy of God that it will cause the previous move that I refer to as the
apostolic movement to pale in comparison. There will be a divine drama
unfold through this.

I saw many ungodly things implode from the manifestation of what is
coming. I also saw many who had embraced the apostolic movement
repent and become part of the new thing that God is doing.

The pattern is clear. First Abraham is told of the promised son. Then
while He waits for God to bring it to pass he gets involved trying to help it
along. Then the promised son comes forth.    Because of this unusual
word I received I am sometimes sensitive to articles about the apostolic.
Nevertheless, all of it fits into the overall plan of God.

Here is the prophetic excerpt:

"You have established a chain of command, thinking you were doing a
good thing, but I did not tell you to do this! If you continue in this way
you will miss the moving of My Spirit. I am going to move in a new way. I
will pour out My Spirit on those who ask of Me. It will be an outpouring
on the individual and not the corporate. I will bypass the system you have
established in my name. The time of Saul is almost over. You will hear
reports of My anointing in the most unusual settings and places. You will
hear about the two or three gathered in My name and how I gave them
revelation, wisdom and understanding. You will ask them, 'Who has
taught you these things?' and they will answer, 'the Lord has taught us.'
You will hear about the one who was praying while driving in his car and I
touched him. You will hear about the woman in the store who suddenly
was overwhelmed by My presence. I am going to do something and move
upon the people without your help. I am going speak to the individual
who asks of Me. I am going to show them mysteries and great revelations
that many who claim to know Me have not seen or understood. I am
going to show the folly of all your efforts in My name, for your kingdom
building is not My Kingdom building!"

Blessings,

Doug

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 6:24am

Dear Maria,

I am very acquainted with the fellowship of His sufferings and even more
so the refining fire we experience because of that within us that would
resist the dealing of the Spirit. I have seen how the Father uses both
blessing and hardship in accomplishing His purposes and I have also
discovered that though I make my bed in hell He is there too. I have
spent many years in wilderness type experiences, but praise God that is
not where I am presently at now! Of course that doesn't mean that there
won't be other hardships in the future, but I can say that I see something
good was accomplished in me by what I have suffered.

You said:
"you cannot connect, join, knit or bond together two surfaces unless both
surfaces are clean....we cannot be joined together as one in Apostolic
purity and unity until we are each individually made clean." End of quote.

1 Kings 6:7
In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and
no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site
while it was being built.

When the blocks for Solomon’s Temple were made, all the hammering
and chiseling took place in the quarry. It was only after each stone had
been shaped into the right dimensions so that it could fit perfectly with
the other stones that it was brought to the temple location to be
assembled. What a wonderful picture this is of God’s work in our lives!

The hammer blows upon us are many as God shapes and chisels us into
living stones that fit properly in the house not made with human hands.
God is building a masterpiece that will fit together perfectly! But as each
of us know from experience, it is in the quarry where God is preparing
us, and not in the glory of His temple.

There are a great many new ones that are being called out unto the Lord
at this time. They are being taught directly by the Holy Spirit, but they
will need true ministry that will encourage and confirm what God is
speaking into their life.

As God unfolds His masterpiece I believe we will be amazed with the
detail of His plan and the synchronization of all that He is doing. The
kingdom of God is being propagated throughout the earth, neighbor-to-
neighbor, friend-to-friend. This Holy move of God will also bring
judgment on the false ministries that have been birthed from the soul of
man. The judgment will NOT be angry prophets shaking their fist, calling
down fire from heaven. What will bring the judgment is the bright light
that will shine on all that God is doing, as it contrast the darkness and
futility of all of man’s efforts.

The plan of God far exceeds the ministry of apostles, prophets, teachers,
evangelist and pastors. These are like grammar school ministries
compared to the ministry of the sons of God. These ministry gifts are like
the rockets on the space shuttle that are used to break the shuttle free
from earth's gravity. Once they have served there purpose they are no
longer needed.

When we are young in the Lord our immaturity prevents us from fully
grasping the meaning of all the Spirit would speak to us. For this reason
the Father places us in a position where we are often ministered to by
others through godly instruction and prophetic insights. There is a need
and purpose for ministry gifts. For when we are young in our
understanding we are much like Peter who had the zeal to serve, yet was
very misguided because his love and focus was on the natural man Jesus
instead of the spiritual. That is why he cut off the servant of the high
priests ear and that is why even though he had the revelation that Jesus
was the son of God he still could not fully grasp the meaning and
significance.

When I was young in the Lord I was fortunate that my path crossed with
those who were more mature than I was and who were used by God to
encourage me in my walk as I learned to function without training wheels.
I thank the Lord for everyone of them! But what we are discussing here is
not the ministry gifts themselves, but a movement -- one that the Holy
Spirit has shown me will gravitate toward the control of man.

Blessings,

Doug

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 8:22am

Douglas,

NOW you are speaking plainly and not just making statements that do not have undestandings attached with them. I completely agree with your post as you have clarified what God is doing. My assertions were this, that there are a LOT (Billions) that are needing ministry to give the boost to come into maturity and walk in fullness, and God is using His sons as servants in this, to assist these in thier journey.

I agree, the orchestration of this hour no man can "network" to bring about what God is doing. God has spoken to me that I am a "bridge" that means my work and purpose is to be a bridge between the old and new.  This means at this time recognizing and implementing the training and work needed to move poeple from being earthbound, into going into the atmoshpere.

There are billions that need the "lift" to get going. I recognize snippets of kingdom /sonship teachings from other sources which shows me you have been "equipped" in what yourself have entered into. I also have spent years in the wilderness away from "church" and men's control. Being wrung out and dried, tried and failing. but when the Lord said "GO1 and exercise the authority i have given you for this hour" I could not sit alone anymore, or the Lord would give my place to another, and almost did.

Let me tell you this, while i too have a vision of the end of ministry work as men know it, AND LONG FOR IT,and i still do not work in the organized "church". There is coming YEARS of ministry works of service prepared for us that we must do. We have learned our worth is not in the doing, but now God is calling many to enter in to the harvest at hand. There are multiple aspects to the kingdom, but it is first and foremost within. And yet it is expressed in power, not just words. Jesus siad, if i cast out devils by the finger of God, then the kingdom has come to you.

You have had years of breaking and trail, be ready to go...

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 10:45am

Douglas,

That chain of command is already in place and the apostolic alignment LIE is already sucking up many. It is the greatest hindrance i have seen to the reality of the kingdom coming forth. Let me tell you quite plainly that the curent apostolic movement is really foul.

I personally fellowship with people across a broad region who are themsleves very "seperated" and alone in thier walk with God. At one point in my trek i rejected any form of ministry "gift"  as being legitimate becuase i looked around and all i saw were man made kingdoms. And then on the fringes of the church the Lord had me operate in every ascension gift, evangelism in jail, pastoring a small group in a home,  teaching a small group, prophetic ministry in presbrytry and corporate, and apostolic in being sent By Father to release people into a higher level of maturity.

I learned these not by the church teaching me, but by the Lord leading me one step at a time, with great failure at times and. I have writings and teaching on apostolic ministry that are birthed out of God just sending me and telling me what to do. Some are in my book.

Yes, it is servant work and not the sonship we are groaning for. but when the Lord asked me years ago if I would be a bondservant I without understanding fully said yes. i lost my relationship to the "church" and the people in it. My family and friends thought i went crazy.  I became infamous and labeled a maverick. 

There is REAL ministry that looks nothing like the crap that masquerades as apostolic. And yet i groan inwardly for a completion in me that is soverign in nature and expression. I sensed some of your writing was mostly truth, with part others teachings, and part aversion to the sick happenings today that does not understand fully the nature of a servant in it real workings....

Remeber this, the pattern, Jesus first was recognized as a son, then He became a servant and layed down his life for others, I expect no less for me His brother, His servant... 

Today in our town we meet with one other couple... and i am not thier leader, The Lord has taught me to relate to the body as a brother, with NO other strings attached. Yet i have even recently have moreso become a servant and have lost my own will that He would be seen and not I.

I have been willing to be a grammer school teacher while many in the kingdom have already entered into thier high ranking as sons i guess. Real ministry is no glory, it is death to self...

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 12:51pm

You are cetainly not obliged, but here is me giving testimony under an apostolic anointing.  http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/2009-09-04-the-kingdom-in -you - http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/2009-09-04-the-kingdom-in -you

And i have written some in a book the Lord spoke to me to write here: http://breakingthemoldonline.net/ - http://breakingthemoldonline.net/

Maybe something someone might glean from if they want...

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 2:32pm

Kris,

Thank you for all you have shared. I will take a look at your book and
what the Lord has given you.

I am not opposed to anything the Lord would choose to do in any of our
lives in whatever capacity He desires. I have been outside the organized
church since 1973 when I was 16. During this time there have been many
occasions when I have been directed to various churches and groups
where I have visited for a time. My moto has always been, "Wherever
there is life encourage it." I am not opposed to folks who feel the need
and leading to go to a traditional church. Currently we do not have any
local fellowship. That is not of our choosing, but we have learned to be
content with what the Father allows.

Bless you, brother.

Doug

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 2:36pm

Gale, Thank you for your positive comments earlier!

Doug

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 2:49pm

Maria Woolston wrote:

I'm not waiting  for such a cataclysmic event to transform me. For His
Kingdom is within me and it is now.....just to know Him and serve Him now
is marvellous indeed. (snip)

Maria,

You have summed it all up in one simple statement. The kingdom is not
some future event, but it is His life in right now! :)

Doug

Posted By: Maria Woolston
Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 3:23pm

Douglas --- Wow we have fellowship right now. Praise His wonderful Name.

Kiaora (hello) This is Maria's husband Greg.
Greetings brother,

Just a short story. A true story. I thought you might apprecuate it. In 1980.while praying and fasting up in the bush for some time. I was a trapper. That was my job back then. I asked the Lord about the church in general. I had to go on a trip up north to a seaside village. I looked up on the hill. a house nestled in the bush. The Lord said, "Go to that house and knock on the door". A man answered the door. He said, "Who are you". I said, "A stranger but God has told me to come and see you".  It was a split level house. He walked onto the higher level and sat beside his wife and 3 children. There was a 13 year old girl sitting on the lower level by herself. Immediately I felt love for her. I asked the man if I could speak to his daughter. He said, "This is not my daughter. Her dad drowned at sea. He was a fisherman.. His name was Brian Pentecost. I married her Mum and we have now had these 3 children."  The mother said, "My daughter's name is Niwa, it means "rainbow".

I spoke to the daughter and said, "God really loves you, Niwa" She ran from the room and slammed the door. About half an hour later she came out from the room. She had drawn a picture of a blood red rose with flames leaping from the top of it. She gave it to me. As I took the picture from her. the Lord spoke to me and said, "Pentecost has drowned at sea". He then spoke to me about the promise of Pentecost. 

I think I should say the man Niwa's mother was married to, was a Maharaji guru. I left the house. About 6 months later I had some antique pieces in my house. I felt the Lord say to take these pieces back to that house and give them to the mother. When I did, she burst into tears and said, 'My first husband and I found such things together and restored them." She said,  "When you had visited my home 6 months ago there was such a presence here it was like my first husband had risen from the dead and walked into the house. I loved him so much and so did my daughter". She said she had since parted with the Maharaji guru. She said, "You brought my daughters and my memory back to our first love."

God had answered my questions about the church or the pentecostal movement. He said to me ...."It had drowned at sea but in the midst of my consummation there were children like Niwa born of my Spirit and I'm going to rekindle that first love in their heart." So in the midst of the churches and outside of them there are many pining for Him as another has taken His place.

The real word placed in my heart, is that we must return to our first love.

This is the word of the Lord to every liviing soul who dwells in these vineyards.

Bless you brother,
Greg

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 4:21pm

Dear Greg,

That is a precious experience of God's love. There is truth within truth of
what you have shared and I sense the Spirit of God in our midst. I will
comment more later this evening, USA time. Thank you for sharing.

Doug

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 at 6:38pm

Dear Greg,

The Pentecostal church age is passing but God has a remnant who He has
kept unto Himself. This remnant represents the promise of His fulness.
Dear brother the weight of what you have shared is upon me. I would like
to respond by sharing a couple of things I have also received from the
Lord that may connect with this beautiful experience you have shared.

When the Spirit of God began to stir in my heart three or four years ago,   
one of the first things I received was a prophetic word concerning those
who the Pentecostal movement had abandoned.    

http://www.theinwardjourney.net/blog/2007/02/12/the-breath-o f-
the-
holy-spirit/

"While in prayer I saw the breath of the Holy Spirit, gently breathing on
His people. I thought of how different this was from Him coming as a
“mighty rushing wind.” As I was looking for a passage of scripture, I
heard this, Ezekiel 37:9

“Then He said to me, ‘Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and
say to it, This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds,
O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’ So I
prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to
life and stood up on their feet – a vast army.” Ezek 37:9-10 NIV

"I believe this passage of scripture is a representation of what God is
doing at this time.

There are many “out-of church” folk who have been slain by the trials and
difficulties they have faced. They are completely poured out and have
nothing left to give. They feel void of all spiritual life. I know this to be
true for I was one of them. If you judge after outward appearances you
will easily come to the conclusion that this group of lone rangers, have
missed the voice of God and have fallen into complacency.

"But I declare to you by the Holy Spirit, that the breath of God is gently
breathing on these dry bones. For there are many who have been slain by
the difficulties they have faced and have given up on their pursuit of
righteousness, but My breath shall come upon them, and cause them to
become alive, for it has been My hand that has orchestrated the
difficulties in their lives. I have purposely hid what I was doing so that
they would bare the reproach of the cross, and be utterly broken before
me.”

"The last portion of the scripture in Ezekiel refers to a vast army. I
believe the army God is raising up at this time is not Joel’s army as many
think. A more accurate picture of what is now happening is Ezekiel’s
army of dry bones coming to life.   

"Some of you have thought your day had come and gone, while some have
been holding on to what God spoke into your hearts so many years ago.
Be encouraged, the Holy Spirit is about to breathe upon you. When He
does you will see that He has been with you throughout your journey.
Not for a moment has He left you! " End of quote

What a distinction between the mighty rushing wind of Pentecost and the
gentle breath of the Spirit resurrecting the dry bones. God has not
forgotten those who have been left fatherless by the past religious
movements.

Something else your word has reminded me of is a vision I had of a
brother in Christ. I saw him in a river and he was swimming upstream. I
watched as he became weary against the current and began to take on
water. Things were not looking too good, but he continued to swim with
all his strength.

Then I saw Jesus appear on the bank of the river with a life preserver in
His hand. I watched as my friend recognized the Savior. Surely, he had
come to his rescue my friend at the moment where he could take no
more.

I watched as my friend looked to Jesus with the life preserver thinking He
had come to rescue him. But Jesus just stood there with a loving look in
His eye, but He did not throw the preserver. By now my friend is starting
to drown. He wonders why Jesus isn't saving him. Finally my friend gives
up and goes under. His life flashes before him and he gives up the ghost.
It was then I saw the hand of Jesus reach in and pull him from the water
and bring him back to life.

This vision was a revelation to me. I began to see that God wasn't
interested in helping us be better Christians but that instead we have to
die -- even that which was given to us by The Father must be given back.
For years I have heard prophesies saying that nothing of the old will enter
the new. I didn't realize the depth of this truth.

You see, in Pentecost there is still a mixture signified by the leaven loaves
associated with the feast of weeks and that is why Pentecost must give
way to the Feast of Tabernacles and why every mans work must be tried
by fire. This is the transition we are experiencing and like Maria has
pointed out it doesn't come with observation. It is NOT an event that
comes to us with the passing of time, otherwise the scripture would not
say "to him who overcomes." It is us who are coming closer to this
experience. It just so happens that while we are being brought into this
place that there is also a convergence taking place because we are at the
end of an age. How glorious it is to know that every knee shall bow and
that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Doug

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 12:20am

Greetings in the name of Jesus Doug,

AT THE RIVER OF JORDAN YOU ARE ALONE, I've been under it for a long time. It starts from three crystal clear springs. It is the swiftest descendig river in the world. The Dead Sea is the lowest body of water in the world. Nothing lives in it. One of the first of God's ways sits in the dead sea and the River Jordan gushes into his mouth. When they came out of the wilderness they where stopped at harvest time for that river overflows at harvest, they were told Moses is dead. They had to wait for the Word of God.

Noah preached righteousness and judgment for 120 years. Moses died on top of the mountain and Satan contested over that body. He was 120 years old. When David feared God and obeyed His commands, 120 trumpets blew and nobody could stand and minister. When Daniel feared God and obeyed His commands the 120 princes and all their substance were thrown into the pit where the devouring lions were in wait. 120 waited for the power of God to come down upon their heads for 50 days. 120 x 50 is 6,000. A day is as a thousand years unto the Lord. The 7th day is here. the Day of the Lord has come and we by His great grace conveyed by His tender mercies may enter into His rest. For the Lord has a will and we have a need to enter that will, to humbly be still, to nest in it, to rest in it, and to be fully be blessed in it. Following our Father's will.

Multitudes have been following the river thinking if they can find the source they will find God. But we have been getting further and further away from the nations. I saw in a vison or a dream. So long ago I cannot rember. All of Christiandom on that course. Me included. I was at the forefront. All of a sudden a great waterfall appeared as high as the heavens so therfore the pond was deep indeed. Jesus appeared and said, "Behold. The pool of my great peace. I desire this above all else for my people. Peace. I saw many boats in the pond. They represented many individuals. In each boat were a set of oars. He said, "That is your will and the other oar is your choice. It would please me greatly if you let them lie in the boat. I will never take them from you. You must go back the way you came if you desire to find me. For my love is like the river that plunges into the sea. The river does not say unto the sea, "I shall not give unto you today."

Obeying Him sometimes is like a carpenter running his plane against the grain. It makes no sense so we must not be sense ruled, nor sensual Christians. For that would be like a cloud without water.

Thanks for the invitation into your blog. I'm going in to have a look tonight.

See you later,
Greg.

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 12:48am

Hi Doug,
Maria here. We are been very touched by our communication with you and are sensing His loving hand in it

It is lovely to be deeply known and understood by our Father. A holy, magnificent God who created heaven and earth loves me. Not only that he knows and understands the deepest cry of my heart. Having this knowledge there is no need to find acceptance or approval from anyone else and we are free to be who we are. It is total inner security. This knowledge of His love is the joy of my life. I think if you are going to dwell on anything His love will do.

Blessings to you brother,
From both of us.

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 1:51am

Douglas Clark wrote:
Dear Greg,

me.”

movements.

Doug

Douglas....really I could have quoted all you wrote there....thank you for sharing this. I really don't know what to say.

My hand that has orchestrated the
me.”

How true this is....you know if I could have some kind of knowing I was suffering for "righteousness sake", perhaps there would be some kind of self comfort in that, but my experience is never having that knowledge while in that Jordan. I think He would not permit it. It would have taken the sting out of death....that scripture still eludes me. I wish I could say "I have suffered for righteousness" ..I think I only know myself as a "sinner saved by grace"...I know this is not much in line with the "Manifestation of the Sons of God" thing.......it is literally like hanging there and having nothing to hold onto. Nothing beneath and nothing above....there is nothing like the death of seeming abandonment.

I do not know if there will be more pain or more suffering. What can I say, only He has absolute knowledge of my future. But knowing today, this day, this hour, this minute, I have His peace and He loves me, leaves me so grateful.....amazing grace, I once was lost but now I'm found....Just to know Him..... just to know Him....this is the true cry of my heart....to dwell in His presence forever.

I am so deeply encouraged by what you have shared. Thank you.

Open unto me the gates of righteousness and I will go into them and praise the Lord.

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 7:58am

Dear Greg and Maria,

This is a fellowship of the Spirit that greatly satisfies my inner man. Thank
you for sharing the substance from what the Father has done and is doing in
your lives.

I am greatly blessed by what is happening here concerning everyone who
sharing.

Love in Him,
Doug

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 8:11am

I must say a ditto...

I am stretched and encouraged by what has been shared, and I truly do  listen for what God may be trying to say to me through my brothers and sisters.

God has been teaching me it is through mutual submission and recieving of one another that we come to a greater measure of fullness. It also stretches our understanding and gives us a broader view of His plans and purposes for us. I have learned to do this with my gradeschool and junior high age children. I have learned i can miss God with my arrogance and personal agenda when He is speaking loudly through what some would consider the least. Yet these are the ones He will sometimes speak througho so that only the truly pure and humble recieve from Him. How the church has shunned His voice in the least...

We have not seen this type of submission in the "church", only rarely and for short periods of time. The submission we have seen has been heirarchal and man centered. God is bringing mutual submission and reciving as we enter into relationships based on love and acceptance of each other. This can only be done with those of a pure heart.

In Him

Kris 

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 8:21am

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you
were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of
noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the
wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He
chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the
things that are not--to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may
boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who
has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness
and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in
the Lord." I Cor 1:26-31

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 11:14am

Dear brothers Doug & Kriston,

Thank you. I'm so refreshed by this fellowship.

“The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: but, when he was in Rome , he sought me out very diligently, and found me…. And in how many things he ministered unto me” (2 Timothy 1:16-18).

I woke this morning with this song in my Spirit ---

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide till evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Well I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
All of creation testifies
This life within me cries
I know my Redeemer lives

The very same God
That spins things in orbit
Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory

He lives
To take away my shame
And He lives
Forever I'll proclaim
That the payment for my sins
Was the precious life He gave
And now He's alive and
There's an empty
Grave!

I know
My Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives.

I know, That I know, that I know, that I know, that I know
He lives
my redeemer lives

Because He lives I can face tomorrow
He lives
I know, I know
He lives
I spoke with Him this morning!
He lives
The tomb is empty
He lives
He Lives! I'm going to tell everybody!!

-My redeemer lives…..the same power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in me…..my precious Saviour, my Lord and my King, He lives in me…..I can testify my precious Redeemer lives in me.

In His Wonderful Name,

Grace to you both,

Maria.

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 at 11:19am

I do not think what manner of person I should be.
I am what I am, weak and lowly.
Why He chose me I do not know.
But He is my soon and coming King.
And for this my heart does sing.

Only the base and the lowly can see.
Oh how He humbled me on Calvary's tree.

We will never understand that lonely road
Or the weight our sweet Jesus bore in such a load.

Your name and my name are written on that cross.
With every bloody stripe we are embossed.

There was not one ache he did not bear
This is just too marvellous for me to hear.

It brings me humbly to my knees
As I see there is nothing I can try to be.
It was all accomplished at Calvary.

It is enough for me to know I am saved,
And have a place in the Lamb's book of life.

Every day I am in travail
Every day I hear Him wail

"Won't you come, won't you come for the banquet is ready"

But so few hear His call because they are just aren't ready.

So who will come my lord?

And this He says to me

"The holt, the lame, the blind and the broken.
The hated, the hopeless and the downtrodden
For these are them for whom I have chosen"

Take off your filthy robe and cast your lot with them.
Join in the procession where there is no leaven.

Please, please, can't you see our groom's smile grow wide
As in the distance he sees this,
His holy and spotless bride.

His face will light up the whole of heaven on that day
As we are bound to him in His Holy array.

For they laid no claim to greatness.
These are them whom He has made spotless.

So won't you, won't you please come,.
to the marriage supper of the Lamb.
The invitation is to everyone.
He bids you all welcome.

You only need make yourself ready
With the garment He does impart
This is His garment,
A humble, a broken and a contrite heart

Date Posted: 11/15/2009 at 3:50pm

Thank you, Maria. This kind of fellowship makes my heart sing too!

Your brother in Christ,

Douglas

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 08/18/2010 at 7:35am

Re Up

Posted By: susanvercelli
Date Posted: 08/27/2010 at 10:04am

Wow! I read all posts here everyday, alot of good stuff yet some boring some like not new news to me (just being honest) and havent really had a word penetrate my heart in awhile (and Im sure it has do do with where im at?) anyway when Gods word comes to me in power and so clear and specific that I shake and cry...then I hafta testify so im gonna..as I was following these posts this word is what spoke so powerfully to my spirit and described me right now where im at and ministered new life to my spirit!

Douglas Clark wrote:
Quote:

believe this passage of scripture is a representation of what God is
doing at this time.

me.”

"The last portion of the scripture in Ezekiel refers to a vast army. I
believe the army God is raising up at this time is not Joel’s army as many
think. A more accurate picture of what is now happening is Ezekiel’s
army of dry bones coming to life.   

movements.

Something else your word has reminded me of is a vision I had of a
brother in Christ. I saw him in a river and he was swimming upstream. I
watched as he became weary against the current and began to take on
water. Things were not looking too good, but he continued to swim with
all his strength.

Then I saw Jesus appear on the bank of the river with a life preserver in
His hand. I watched as my friend recognized the Savior. Surely, he had
come to his rescue my friend at the moment where he could take no
more.

I watched as my friend looked to Jesus with the life preserver thinking He
had come to rescue him. But Jesus just stood there with a loving look in
His eye, but He did not throw the preserver. By now my friend is starting
to drown. He wonders why Jesus isn't saving him. Finally my friend gives
up and goes under. His life flashes before him and he gives up the ghost.
It was then I saw the hand of Jesus reach in and pull him from the water
and bring him back to life.

This vision was a revelation to me. I began to see that God wasn't
interested in helping us be better Christians but that instead we have to
die -- even that which was given to us by The Father must be given back.
For years I have heard prophesies saying that nothing of the old will enter
the new. I didn't realize the depth of this truth.

You see, in Pentecost there is still a mixture signified by the leaven loaves
associated with the feast of weeks and that is why Pentecost must give
way to the Feast of Tabernacles and why every mans work must be tried
by fire. This is the transition we are experiencing and like Maria has
pointed out it doesn't come with observation. It is NOT an event that
comes to us with the passing of time, otherwise the scripture would not
say "to him who overcomes." It is us who are coming closer to this
experience. It just so happens that while we are being brought into this
place that there is also a convergence taking place because we are at the
end of an age. How glorious it is to know that every knee shall bow and
that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Doug

Edited by Douglas Clark on 11/12/2009 at 6:42pm

Thank you Jesus for using Doug to minister to your body!

Date Posted: 08/27/2010 at 10:45am

Hey girl was just askin' about ya this mornin'-been prayin' for you-God is sooo good-answerin' prayers faster than they're prayed "(It will be before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.)"-YEAH GOD-new life to my Sister's spirit!!! Thanks for this post-IT IS ALL ABOUT 'THE NEW LIFE-RESURRECTED LIFE IN, THROUGH & BY CHRIST JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!  \o/\o/

-------------

Date Posted: 08/27/2010 at 10:49am

That is so true! Love it when an answer comes quick! Not good at the waiting times though LOL! Thanks always for your prayers, always said your like God"s cheerleader! This has been a great thread to read, but even better experienceing his touch!

-------------
NEW JERUSALEM

Posted By: Mandy Gay
Date Posted: 08/28/2010 at 5:58am

(((Susan))), its so good to see you :)

Johan Abrahams wrote:

I longed for it and I bowed in Love before my newfound Husband!  Oh what Love and anointing - everything my dry bones hoped for and so much more than I could ever think about. 

Me too!  What love!

-------------
mandyjgay@gmail.com

Date Posted: 08/28/2010 at 11:21am

Dear Susan,

I am grateful you were blessed by what I shared. :)

Johan,  It is interesting the many ways He comes to us -- as a Father, a lover of our soul, a brother, etc.  Our response may be as a child, wife or son.  These relationships seem to overlap too.  What I feel in my heart though from my own experiences is that we are to become a "son."  As the wife we are His lover and we submit to His authority and we learn to know Him intimately.  As a result of our union with Him there is a new life that is formed which is the life of a son.  It is as a son that we shall rule with Him.  Unlike earthly rule which is external, God's  kingdom rule will arise from within.

But, in our processing He beckons us to submit to His dealings as He makes us a bride without spot or wrinkle.  We will never truly know sonship unless we first are espoused to Him.

Blessings,
Doug

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 08/28/2010 at 1:42pm

Douglas Clark wrote:

Johan,  It is interesting the many ways He comes to us -- as a Father, a lover of our soul, a brother, etc.  Our response may be as a child, wife or son.  These relationships seem to overlap too.  What I feel in my heart though from my own experiences is that we are to become a "son."  As the wife we are His lover and we submit to His authority and we learn to know Him intimately.  As a result of our union with Him there is a new life that is formed which is the life of a son.  It is as a son that we shall rule with Him.  Unlike earthly rule which is external, God's  kingdom rule will arise from within.

But, in our processing He beckons us to submit to His dealings as He makes us a bride without spot or wrinkle.  We will never truly know sonship unless we first are espoused to Him.

Blessings,
Doug

Douglas, the Lord just this past week gave me some clarity on what you are speaking of here including the Bride or Wife and the sons of God. It is in the last article that I posted. Check it out http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=33858&a mp;PN=1 -  I think it will bless you, at least it sure blessed me.

Ron

Date Posted: 08/28/2010 at 3:38pm

Sons are offspring of the 'marriage' of Bride & Husband. Head(Christ Jesus) & the body come together as ONE, thus the consumation of the 'marriage'... Use to ask ABBA if things were going to manifest indivdually(as a happening not referring to individual saints here) as far as our time or simutaneously spiritually. He said to keep, focus on the spirit firstly & foremost. We see that focusing on the natural has taken the body off on another direction/deception. Praise the Lord, HE is bringing the TRUTH TO LIGHT! Remember when I first fell in love with JESUS as a little girl, folks use to say, "aff", enough of that talk about Jesus". Didn't stop me from tellin' everyone, "I love JESUS and you need to too"! He started revealing HIMSELF to me back then & am sooooo thankful HE will always for eternity be revealing HIMSELF as Savior, King & Husband. There comes that place when 'EVERYTHING IS HANDED BACK OVER TO FATHER',,,AM PURSUING THAT "FULLNESS OF GOD"-REVELATION OF IT ANYWAYS.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/30/2010 at 7:12am

Love to hear everyone share their revelation of the Lord, Ive had many yet not lately and my memory gets dim, hungry for a fresh revy seeing his face again, I do see the streams comming together all speaking as one yet in diffrent ways let the river flow!

-------------
NEW JERUSALEM

Date Posted: 08/30/2010 at 7:57am

[QUOTE=Ron McGatlin]
Douglas Clark wrote:

Blessings,
Doug

Douglas, the Lord just this past week gave me some clarity on what you are speaking of here including the Bride or Wife and the sons of God. It is in the last article that I posted. Check it out http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=33858&a mp;PN=1 -  I think it will bless you, at least it sure blessed me.

Ron

From Ron's article:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=33858&a mp;PN=1

"Being filled, immersed, and saturated in the Holy Spirit and abiding in the Spirit realm, we become aware of our place in our Heavenly Family. We know and experience our Heavenly Father in His love and secure assurance. We also experience our gentle, passionate, and loving Husband Jesus. In the Spirit realm we experience our place as His purified holy Bride completely engulfed in His love.

We also become aware of our place in the heavenly family on earth as sons of God whom Jesus speaks of as brethren. In the earthly realm we are Sons doing God’s works and Jesus is our King. In the heavenly realm we are His Bride intimately relating to and loving our glorious Lord and Husband." End of quote

Ron,

Thank you for commenting and for sharing your article.  It is fascinating the various relationships we experience with our Creator.  Our vision is to look ahead at what it is we are to become as a result of these relationships and how they relate to our spiritual growth. 

I am amazed at how much spiritual truth is hidden and reflected in the natural.  That is what I think of when I consider our human experience of childhood, courtship, marriage, offspring and even our sunset years.  Some of the deepest and most profound truths are right before us, but we have been unable to see them because we have only recognized the natural and not the spiritual.  And so often when we hear from our Creator we apply natural understanding to what He is saying rather than recognizing how the natural world reflect spiritual realities.

As a bride I am still learning what it means to submit to His headship and to be sensitive to what He is teaching me.  I am developing this sensitivity  by learning what is NOT pleasing to Him.  So often our learning is a process of elimination as we discover what does not work.

As a son I am learning to about stillness.  I can no longer pray as I once did.  Just because someone ask me I cannot offer up an elequeant.  I cannot command or manipulate the hands of God.  Unless He chooses to pray through me I am silent.  As someone else recently wrote,  (not an exact quote)  ...Jesus was asked to come straight away to pray for Lazarus, but He didn't.  It might have appeared calloused of Him to respond this way, but the reality is He could do nothing of Himself and only that which the Father asked of Him and at the moment the Father was not prompting Him to go.  How many time Peter have walked my the beggar before the Spirit of God arose within him to say, "Silver and gold I do not have but in the name of Jesus Christ rise up and walk."

Sonship may be a place of authority, however, I find it is an authority that must be given back to the Father even as as Jesus submitted His authority to the Father and humbled Himself and became obedient to the death of the cross. 

I am rambling a bit but my thought is how I have seen an overlap of these relationships between us and our Creator.  ...All that happened with the Son must be experienced by the many sons so that He might be the first born among many brethren.

Doug 

Date Posted: 08/30/2010 at 8:14am

Dear Doug, dont think your rambling at all I enjoy your sharing and so identify with all your speaking about, your reminding me of alot, even the being still part, I remember way back learning this and it was funny at times when I was in a church (visiting) and there was so much noise! and I was feeling like I cant speak I just wanted to bathe and soak in his pressance, and the people in church would think if your just still quiet and doing nothing then surely the Holy Ghost aint moving in you! LOL! I think they thought ya had to yell and scream and jump and speak in tongues and repeat yourself over and over, sometimes I thought maybe they are uncomfortable being still? Anyway this is a great thread!

-------------
NEW JERUSALEM

Posted By: Jeff Kingshott
Date Posted: 09/02/2010 at 7:41am

Now if we can just get the churches on board with this and not fear when they leave to go out and carry the key of David Jesus spoke of in The Book of Revealtion .

We must continue to encourage all to do this and not fear just bear fruit constantly !

Overtures of My love are coming your way ,

This day I have set it before you and in my will you obey ,

So prepare for your blessings are about to shower down ,

Much more in obedience shall be required of you but now you wear my crown ,

For my fullness you now walk in and I AM completed in you ,

My desires now are yours for you have broken through ,

So watch as I complete all your dreams and requests ,

For just as Joshua I have dressed you in my very best ,

My angels are beside you with their all encompassing swords drawn ,( Gen 3:24)

For you ARE my Tree of Life I am counting on ,

Just as the leaves of Omer fell until Pentecost day ,

You to are bearing my fruit of wind and fire today !

So shake all that can be shaken ! Leave no stone unturned !

For my breath and voicebox are an all consuming fire and nothing shall be left that can be burned ( () ),

Only the gold and silver from my hearth shall remain ,

Now go out war and conquer for you have already overcame !

The angels of my name go before you and speak my will and majesty ,

Do not ingnore them for they come from me (Exodus 23:20),

You see you ARE my kingdom and I sit upon my throne ,

Now you see I can not forsake you for you are my home !

Exodus 24:7-11 (New American Standard Bible)

7Then he took #cen-NASB-2185A" title="See cross-reference A - A )'>the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, "#cen-NASB-2185B" title="See cross-reference B - B )'>All that the LORD has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!"

8So #cen-NASB-2186C" title="See cross-reference C - C )'>Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, "Behold #cen-NASB-2186D" title="See cross-reference D - D )'>the blood of the covenant, which the LORD has made with you in accordance with all these words."

9Then Moses went up with Aaron, #cen-NASB-2187E" title="See cross-reference E - E )'>Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel,

10and #cen-NASB-2188F" title="See cross-reference F - F )'>they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet #cen-NASB-2188G" title="See cross-reference G - G )'>there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself.

11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and #cen-NASB-2189H" title="See cross-reference H - H )'>they saw God, and they ate and drank.

http://www.hebrew4christians.net/Holidays/Spring_Holidays/Se firat_HaOmer/sefirat_haomer.html -

Acts 2

The Day of Pentecost

1When #cen-NASB-26951A" title="See cross-reference A - A )'>the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place.

2And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled #cen-NASB-26952B" title="See cross-reference B - B )'>the whole house where they were sitting.

3And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them.

-------------
Trust the Holy Spirit to guide you in all truths !

Posted By: Mandy Gay
Date Posted: 11/09/2011 at 8:54am

Re-up

Specifically in relation to the prophetic words relayed throughout the thread by Douglas Clark

-------------
mandyjgay@gmail.com

Print Page | Close Window