Print Page | Close Window

FRIVOLOUS CASES

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=30353
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 2:22pm

Topic: FRIVOLOUS CASES

Posted By: Vince Sucec
Subject: FRIVOLOUS CASES
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 9:15am

FRIVOLOUS CASES

Who is the Spirit of Prophecy?

Are the gifts of God for display? Are they to be displayed on our mantle?

"What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul?"

There is the outward appearance then there is the likeness. 

There are the gifts that we use for display only - but they are still "gifts."

When something is for display only it loses its use-fullness.  

"If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and yet have not love - it profits me nothing."

Lets take the gifts out of our obscure display cases and pass them around - that is the only type that can be verified (beyond mere circumstantial evidence) anyway.

Blessings

-------------
Until we all come into the unity of the faith ...

Replies:

Posted By: Katie Hacker
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 9:51am

Vince,

Could you explain further? How do we pass around the gifts?

Blessings,
Katie
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 9:53am

The spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus Rev. 19:10
What is the mantle?

I am genuinely interested because I am still gaining understanding of the gifts etc.

Posted By: Joan Newland
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 9:55am

What I get Katie is,

If WE ARE operating in the giftings God has given us, it passes (anointing) to others. Not that we pass off the gifts, just the fruit of them to others. But I am not in Vince's Mind so i will let him respond, just saying the drift I got from his post. Be Blessed Girl

Thanks Vince

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 9:57am

Katie,

The gifts of God are not for display - meaning that they are foremost practical, loving and accessible. So in a setting like that it is paramount to understand that everyone has a part to play. That is what the gifts are REALLY for - to facilitate the Unity of the body ... so we "pass" them around by being loved and giving love ...

Blessings,

Vincent

-------------

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 10:01am

Vince,

I see. We aren't supposed to say look what I have! and treat others with disdain or disrespect, but we are to do all things, in love, manifesting the fruits of the spirit for the edification of the body.

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 10:06am

Thanks Joan.

I have been studying the gifts of the spirit and also having discussion with some folks about tongues and the other gifts of the spirit. I know it is a subject that causes debate, but I am truly wanting to learn how all these work for the good of the body. I don't think that I have been baptized in the spirit. Father is teaching me and giving me a deeper understanding of many things. I think we have to take things in stride sometimes because we can't grasp everything there is to know all at once!

What is a mantle? I know Elijah's mantle passed onto Elisha but what does it represent? the anointing of God?

Blessings, Katie

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 10:12am

Yes,

The gifts actually have a fail-safe inherent within them ... when we want the "gifts" of God they will by their Nature - which is Him - create a grafting in to the Vine ... a leveling, an equality -

So at first the "gifts" can puff us up through our prideful nature - we attribute the gifts to ourselves - we display them, we see the outward appearence of our brother only ...

then the gifts - if we follow the Spirit within Them - will lead us to the broken - they are taken out of the display case.

So the gifts can be used at first, as in the parable of the sheep and the goats, - for many "mighty" works ...

-------------

Posted By: David L. Smith
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 10:20am

Aye; as we walk in the love of God, we Do the Father's Will.  Part of His Word, part of His Will is to help one another move further into God's calling in each of our lives.  We all have different strengths, different callings, different "roles"... and we can help each other become more "whole" by letting others see our giftings in operation; and, helping one another learn more about the operations, the workings, of holy spirit.

and, Katie, the "passing on of one's mantle", can mean a variety of things, according to the situation at hand.  But, simply, it is a calling.  God never calls someone without giving them the ability to perform that calling.

So, for each one of us... strive to claim that which we need to move further into God's calling for our lives.  Often, we don't realize what that calling may be... until the time appointed.  So, it is our responsibility to walk according to God's Word, and allow Him to guide, and to direct, us.

-------------
Church Security Expert

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 10:27am

Thanks David and Vince. Blessings.

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 10:29am

David -

Aye ~ amen ...

Katie -

Blessings,

-------------

Posted By: Michele Hay
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 1:37pm

Katie: Your desire to know about the things God has for us is beautiful.
You can have the baptism of the Holy Spirit for the asking...as a child
of God. Don't worry about whether or not it seems like you have it after
you ask for it...just give thanks and the Lord will show you your gifts
as you go!:) I have sometimes joked that when I just got saved...
a pastor asked the group of teens I was with to check off a list of gifts
of the Spirit we wanted...and that like 'Oliver' asking for more in his
little bowl...I checked them all. I don't know that I have them all...
but you have to like my enthusiasm!

love, in Jesus
michele

-------------
My heart longs and faints for your courts...

Print Page | Close Window