Print Page | Close Window

brothers and sisters

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Forum Discription: What's a relationship with God all about, and what's Jesus Christ got to do with it? Have you recently been touched by God's reality? Are you wondering how you can be? Are you feeling there's a deeper purpose for your life? Are you facing a crisis and need prayer. Someone cares. Post your need here
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=31216
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 12:06pm

Topic: brothers and sisters

Posted By: Jess Cousineau
Subject: brothers and sisters
Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 10:17pm

What are God's standards on Christian brothers and sisters praying for each other? I have been spending too much time with A Christian Brother and at first I felt the fear of God over it, but it was such a mix of 1) I was becoming inappropriatly emotionally attached to a brother in Christ 2) very sutle sin of lust in me towards my bro, in that I was folling my flesh and I like to hang out with my bro alone in my car to all hours of the night.... 3) fellowship and freedom. So we kept hanging out for fellowship and freedom, and really it was awsome, and we felt we were under Grace. But I didn't obey the Lord I think, and I got my heart off God and onto someone else it shouldn't have been towards. I think too much of him. Well, sometimes. Anyway. Besides this, what do you think I should do about it?

Replies:

Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 10:18pm

Actually, I hear God saying, "Purity," at the moment.

-------------

Posted By: lisa owens
Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 2:48pm

Are you intrested in him romaticly? I dont see anything wrong that. you are both single, but stay accountable toa friend or something. However; I would not continue doing that if he was not pursuing me. I would stay guarded. And play hard to get.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/18/2010 at 12:40am

I'm not interested in him romanically... I'm in love with Jesus. But if it turned out he was the one I wouldn't be against that... but I love Jesus. I like to think that Jesus is my Husband. Also my friend made it clear to me that he is not interested in me like that at all, he just wants to see me healed, and is encouraged because he sees me being healed  

-------------

Date Posted: 03/18/2010 at 12:43am

I actually find him kind of repulsive. Like he's my brother or something

-------------

Posted By: Larry Silverman
Date Posted: 03/31/2010 at 11:29am

Jess..It's pretty simple.. ask Jesus what you should do!  He'll make it very clear to you.

-------------
Dr. Larry Silverman, M.C./Psy., M.Min., D.C./Psy.
http://www.larrysilverman.com
http://www.larrysilverman.blogs.com

Posted By: Pamela Felix
Date Posted: 04/01/2010 at 7:52pm

You shouldn't be alone in the car with him.  Maybe in a group sitting.  There is nothing wrong with falling in love with someone but keep it pure.

-------------
A gentle answer turns away wrath.

Date Posted: 04/10/2010 at 1:20am

K, thanks. I did good tonite. I drove him home, but when we got to his house I got out of the car right away. I have a habit of pouting inwardly (in lonliness) so we talk and pray some more before he goes home. Which is not right. And I'm repenting of that.

-------------

Posted By: Anita Lea
Date Posted: 05/30/2010 at 10:40pm

Hey Lisa I just wanted to respond to what you said, "play hard to get."  I really don't understand that and plus I don't think we should play games with people.  In fact, God will lead us to the right one and we won't have to play games! lol

-------------
Your Sister in Christ,
Anita
Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16

Date Posted: 06/12/2010 at 4:33pm

I am not spending time with him anymore. I sat a couch away from him at the Spring Retreat (bible camp) and he scared me, like a snake or something. And last young adults, Artur Pawlowski spoke, and afterwards an elder asked to pray for anyone who had been called to be a prophet. Well David went up, and when we were praying over him, the elder rebuked the "Jessica spirit," (like Jezebel) and IM Jessica! And there were two different congregations there that night that I am a part of. (The Street Church, and the Young Adult Center Street Church community). I didn't know how to feel that ashamed, so I am like, God have mercy have on me.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window