Print Page | Close Window

focus not on the outward appearance

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34332
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 1:19pm

Topic: focus not on the outward appearance

Posted By: David L. Smith
Subject: focus not on the outward appearance
Date Posted: 10/05/2010 at 3:11pm

(Sometimes, God repeats things over & over to me until I start to "get it".  In this "latest thing", I "got it" a long time ago... so... I'm thinking that He wants me to emphasize the point to others.)

The "latest thing"?

Man focuses on the outward appearance; but, the Lord looks upon the heart.

So often, people focus on the outward appearance, and make decisions based on the way things look from a "senses" knowledge point of view.  For example, an internationally (or even nationally) known Pastor looks good, talks good, has an impressive resume, has a history of the Lord working mightily within him/her... so... by sheer (natural man logic) they are likely to ALWAYS be correct, ALWAYS speak God's Word accurately, and ALWAYS be above reproach in every aspect and category of their life.

It doesn't matter who someone is - we should always judge (discern according to God's Word) people according to the Word of God and by the  issues of the heart - never judge ANYONE by way of senses knowledge.

According to God's Word, HE is the only one to judge, so allow the spirit of God to work within you to discern Good and evil.

And do not focus on the outward appearance - focus on the heart.  Check ALL things according to the Word of God; check with your inner witness - Holy Spirit inside.

Read the record of Samuel when he annointed Saul AND David - both times, he used senses knowledge initially!

-------------
Church Security Expert

Print Page | Close Window