Print Page | Close Window

ONE WITH GOD REALITY

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35528
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:46am

Topic: ONE WITH GOD REALITY

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: ONE WITH GOD REALITY
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 9:02am

One with God Reality

By Ron McGatlin

This awesome journey of Grace is now taking forerunners into the freshly revealed reality of literally becoming one with Christ.

Remember, revelation is not something new; it is the opening of our eyes to see what has always been there.

Spiritual limitations exist in unbelief – lack of faith.

Believing must have an object. It matters greatly what we believe and what we do not yet believe.

Revealed truth opens the potential of believing more or differently than what we previously believed. As God further opens our spiritual eyes and ears, that which we could not see clearly can come into crystal clear focus. Spiritual truth that was once only vague concepts and generic statements can become living reality. The clear picture becomes a word or seed planted in our hearts. As the seeds of further revealed truth sprout and grow into our lives we are transformed – supernaturally changed from within. The transformed life matures within and flows out to transform the world around us. 

Two Become One

If you have been in the Bible or among Christians for awhile, you probably have read or heard something about becoming one with Christ and one with the Father in Christ. But what does being one with God really mean?

Creation projects a natural picture of this spiritual reality in the joining of husband and wife. "This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man”.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

This natural picture is a living illustration of the spiritual reality of God becoming one with His spiritual Bride and Wife on earth bearing many spiritual sons and daughters.

Jesus confirmed the natural picture of this spiritual reality. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So then, they are no longer two but one flesh.

In 1 Corinthians and Ephesians, Paul added some clarity. “Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For "the two," He says, "shall become one flesh. But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Indeed this is a great mystery. Paul was referring to this same mystery of the ages when he wrote, “To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

The kingdom of God on earth exists by the mystery of Christ actually living in us and us in Him, the two becoming one. This is more than just living together as two separate beings. This is becoming as one being. How can this be? It defies our rational understanding and goes beyond where we have been taught in our religious teachings. Most of us may have been taught surreptitiously or unintentionally to seek to be like Him, not to become one with Him.

A few days ago the Lord allowed me to receive a clearer understanding of becoming one with Christ. The verse from Ephesians above is a key to becoming one, But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.”  Because we tend to think of ourselves first as natural earthly beings it is difficult to grasp the reality of becoming one with God. It is much easier to think of trying to be like Him, which is not a true biblical concept. Lucifer sought to be like the Most High. Adam was created in the likeness of God and we will, as Christ manifest in us, be in the likeness of Him again. However, it is not really us becoming like Him; it is actually Him living in us – with us as one. There is none like God.

Understanding the reality of becoming one with God

We are spirit beings. We live in a body and have a soul. However, we are first and forever spirit beings.

Christ Jesus is a Spirit being. In the beginning, before the creation of the world and mankind, Christ Jesus was Spirit-God, the Son with Spirit-God, the Father in heaven. These two along with Holy Spirit were and are ONE Spirit God.

Christ Jesus became a man in an earthly body. He called Himself the Son of Man. He was the Son of God become the Son of Man to redeem the world and everything that was lost in the first Adam. After His ascension, Christ returned at Pentecost in the Holy Spirit. He came back to earth, the Father with Him, to enter into and become one with His people. Jesus made this clear in Chapters 14 through 17 of John’s Gospel.

John 14:23:  Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

John 14:17-18:  "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”

John 14:19-20:  "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

John 14:23:  Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”

John 15:4-5:  "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”

Jesus said in John 17, “….as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You ---- I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one….”

Spirit Beings

Spirit is likened to air in the scriptures. The Greek word for spirit is “pneuma,” which literally means a current of air or breath. Jesus spoke of the spirit as like the wind that you could not see but could see and feel the results of it moving. He also said that you cannot tell where it comes from or where it goes. It is not easy for us to understand Spirit and spirit beings. We can better understand physical or natural things that we can see with our natural eyes.

Consider this real illustrative example. A couple and their young child were driving to a meeting on a cold day with the windows closed. The child did a natural diaper thing releasing some very foul air into the air inside the car. Very quickly the entire air in the vehicle was transformed. The dominant foul air quickly permeated the entire air in the car, and the two became one. The bad air and the fresh air were now one air with the characteristics of the more dominant air. The two cannot now be separated. There is only one air in the car.

Like the air a foul spirit of darkness or a pure Spirit of light can become one with our spirit being. We can become one with a harlot spirit or one with God by the Holy Spirit.

Spirit beings become one

When our spirit being is filled with His Spirit, His far more dominant Spirit of glory becomes one Spirit with our spirit. Like air the two are one Spirit and can no longer be separated. Our spirit being is no longer visible as us; it is Christ’s Spirit living in our container (body). We are consumed and become one Spirit with Christ. We then become joint heirs with Christ. We become mature sons of God in Christ. We are in the world as Christ is in the world. We truly are the Body of Christ on earth.

Our body and soul are earth equipment that is subject to and used by our spirit being.

Our spirit becomes Christ’s Spirit and flows up into our souls (mind, will, and emotions or feelings) and out through our bodies affecting that which it comes in contact with. His thoughts become our thoughts. His ways become our ways. His attributes become who we are. The lives which we live will manifest the life of Christ Jesus on earth, as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Col 1:27).

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/ - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Replies:

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 10:06am

TY Ron,,,spoken HIS heart here to us again,,,I'm encouraged, edified and built-up just like the Word says we are to do for one another... Prasing God and giving HIM thanks for answering Jesus' prayer, "Father, make them ONE as WE are ONE."  May the abundant life Jesus came to give be yours in increasing measure.

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Dave Spencer
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 10:48am

And when the Col 1:27 verse is is added to Ephesians 2:4-7, then that means Christ and our spirit are one in heaven and on earth right now!  The possibilities are mind-boggling!  Renewing of the mind, indeed!  Dynamiting of the mind is more like it.

Eph. 2: (NKJ)
4  But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5  even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6  and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7  that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 12:29pm

Now this 'dynamiting', does this take place as we are baptized in "holy fire'? Ya think? Even though we've been putting/sowing the Word into our hearts, the RIGHT NOW is true, Dave...SUCH AN URGENCY TO PUSH FORWARD... (still it is the same exercise, "be no longer conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind),,,when this 'baptism of fire' comes 'it' will surely change our hearts,,,I do believe some have received a 'baptism of fire', but Holy Spirit illuminating the Word has revealed there is 'our day of Pentecost' yet to come to the Body of Christ...GLORY TO GOD!!!

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 1:04pm

right on! : ) that's the Living Reality Dave and the outworking/outshining of Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ from within..in earth as is in heaven.

~corruption puts on incorruption, mortal puts on immortality, then will be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.~ the victory is through our Lord Jesus Christ..His Governing/Kingdom is come in Spirit..as we are taught, led and walk in Spirit..Death is swallowed up by Life.. Glory to God!!

Jesus said..I AM the Resurrection and the Life!..woohooo!! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!!!

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 1:58pm

Thank you Ron!!!!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Bill Evans
Date Posted: 02/02/2011 at 7:55pm

Praise God

-------------
Bill Evans bspydr28@aol.com       &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     

Date Posted: 02/03/2011 at 1:59pm

A MUST READ!!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Date Posted: 02/03/2011 at 10:05pm

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Kriston Couchey
Date Posted: 02/07/2011 at 8:02am

Ron McGatlin wrote:

Our spirit becomes Christ’s Spirit and flows up into our souls (mind, will, and emotions or feelings) and out through our bodies affecting that which it comes in contact with. His thoughts become our thoughts. His ways become our ways. His attributes become who we are. The lives which we live will manifest the life of Christ Jesus on earth, as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Col 1:27).

-------------
One of the chosen foolish and weak
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/ - http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey@gmail.com

Print Page | Close Window