Print Page | Close Window

STUCK IN THE MUD OR SOARING AS EAGLES

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36351
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:45am

Topic: STUCK IN THE MUD OR SOARING AS EAGLES

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: STUCK IN THE MUD OR SOARING AS EAGLES
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 12:15pm

Stuck in Mud or Soaring as Eagles

By Ron McGatlin

In the old days of my youth in Texas, many roads in rural areas were dirt or graveled. In parts of the world, they still are that way. In a rainy season it took a certain skill, developed by experience, to navigate the mud and ruts without getting stuck or sliding off into the ditch on either side of the road.

The trails and roads traveled by forerunners in the frontier of transitioning into the kingdom of God are yet unpaved and can be seriously difficult at times. Traveling alone or with one or two others, a forerunner can acquire skill in dealing with the miry mud and pitfalls of preparing a road.

It is much more difficult to attempt to lead a group of busses loaded with people through the undeveloped roads and trails of the kingdom frontier. Their previous lives on the paved streets of Babylonian cities did not prepare the bus drivers for the difficulties of moving through the unfamiliar unpaved roads toward the kingdom of God lifestyle. The road to New Jerusalem, the City of God, can be much more difficult than the religious routines of the paved streets of Babylon.

The job of forerunners and pioneers in the transition to kingdom is to build up a highway for the people to travel on through the wilderness and desert areas to the kingdom of God life (Isa 62:10).

My heart aches again and again as I witness good people seeking to navigate the trail of forerunners getting stuck in the mud or sliding off the road into the ditch.

Much of the problem is that they usually have a heavily loaded trailer hitched to their small vehicle. Mostly their trailers are loaded with people, possessions, and keepsakes (traditional ways) from their past lives.

Often they are trying to drag people who do not want to go and will not go on this forerunner journey. They soon become stuck in the mud and waste great amounts of energy in spinning their wheels. Yes, they have a powerful engine of Spirit-led desire to make the journey out of Babylon and into New Jerusalem, the real kingdom of God. However, they have no traction to move the loaded vehicle from being stuck in the mud of their unwillingness to leave things that they do not really need in the kingdom and the people who are not willing to go.

Natural Human Compassion

Through misguided human compassion they believe they that must not leave anyone behind on this journey. They cannot see clearly through the fog of natural compassion. They do not know that the best thing they can do for everyone involved is to respond to God’s call and move forward toward the kingdom, to establish a road and eventually a highway for the people coming after them.

The first century disciples left their businesses, lands, and families to follow Jesus toward the kingdom of God. Even Jesus left His disciples temporarily dashing their hopes and dreams of kingdom. However, He left them with the promise that He would come again to them to abide in Him and He in them to establish the kingdom of God on earth.

Not everyone must be a forerunner. However, those who will be must leave their past life and receive the fullness of kingdom life now in Christ and Christ in them.

"Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life." ~ Jesus

Do not be deceived.

We must lift up our eyes to the hills (the higher places of God) and receive His help to cleanse our hands and ascend the hill of the Lord (Psa 24). Do not be deceived; we cannot drag anything that defiles into the New Jerusalem life of the kingdom of God on earth (Rev 21:27). Even more importantly, we cannot go ourselves if we stay with them.

No sexually immoral person will make this journey. Liars, cheaters, thieves, unbelievers, manipulators, extortionist, murderers, and those who take simple people and naïve children captive shall not make this journey. No one with other gods in their hearts will make this forerunner trip into the fullness of the kingdom of God. Those who cannot leave their religion and release to God their possessions, businesses, and families cannot be forerunners.

We cannot look back. 

"No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." ~ Jesus

Forerunners must not be distracted by natural civilian things. All else in life is secondary at best. Looking back will disqualify us from moving on into becoming mature sons of the kingdom of God now. How much more does reaching back, for any reason, prove us to be unfit for the kingdom?

Only by the Spirit can these things be done.

Utter dependence and reliance on the Spirit of Christ in us by the Holy Spirit is the only way to be and to do the things before us in transitioning to the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. The grace of God flowing by the Holy Spirit is the empowerment to will and to do the supernatural work of moving from treading in mud to soaring in the Spirit as eagles.

If the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in us to lift us to the supernatural spiritual reality of being as Christ is in this world, we can soar as eagles. The supernatural transition can be much faster and easier – a light burden and easy yoke, by the Spirit.

This journey will not be without opposition. Wild beasts will stalk us throughout the journey through the frontier. However, in Christ and Christ in us we are more than conquerors and fully overcome. He prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies. We must ignore the wild beast that stalk us and seek to distract us on our journey. Focus on the Lord and ignore the evil spirits and those driven by them around us. If we focus on the evil ones, we will lose our focus on the Lord and the journey into His kingdom. We will find ourselves again stuck and spinning our wheels in mud or sliding off into the roadside ditch of distraction.

I believe there are a lot of road-building kingdom people reading this who are on this journey that are now gathering into troops of a militia type army of forerunners to lead the worldwide body to fully cross over the Jordan and possess the promised land. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs--he wants to please his commanding officer. ~ Paul

It is my opinion, that there has never been a more extreme and potentially productive season in history regarding the reality of the kingdom of God from heaven on earth. This is not a time for pondering or indecision in spiritual weakness or hesitation. Rather, it is a day for clearly hearing by the Spirit and quickly obeying with boldness the leading of the Lord of glory.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” ~ Jesus

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/ -
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net -

Replies:

Posted By: Jeffrey Stewart
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 12:30pm

I was reading in the book "The Supernatural Skyline: Where Heaven touches Earth", by Jim Hylton, where the Lord showed someone that Moses HAD to be raised as royalty, and not among his own people, so he would NOT have the slave mentality.  He would not have been able to lead God's people to freedom UNLESS He had a royal, non-slave mentality.

Christians walk around today with the slave mentality, with their minds in a pre-born again state to some degree or another, while their spirits are of Royal Heritage, because God the Father is now in our family tree and Adam, the slave to sin, is NO LONGER in our family tree.  What God is doing today is "retraining us through revelation" to begin thinking as members of His Royal Family, so we can demonstrate the freedom of Heaven to others.

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.stewart.589 - My Home Page

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.

Posted By: Tina Sundstrom
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 12:55pm

Ron~

Could you make your font on your articles just a little larger please? 

-------------
In passionate pursuit of Him always

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 12:55pm

Ron, my Brother I so relate to what you shared here...it is a though Holy Spirit has had to bring a bulldozer up behind me on numerous occasions to get/keep me moving onto 'higher ground-soaring as eagles',,,the getting "stuck in the mud" (as you so vivdly put it here, "focusing on evil spirits and those driven by them around me") is exactly the scenario HE is revealing to me...I had a 'breakthrough' on the 23rd and I let my 'guard down'-shewww-KA-BAM! Wont do that again!!! Moved my focus back onto the Lord and the journey into the Kingdom,,,ty my Brother for this timely exhortation in correcting and reminding me to, " be slow to speak and quick to listen and OBEY what Holy Spirit is leading & guiding me to do, or NOT TO DO"!

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Dave Larsen
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 1:12pm

Well I thank God for you Ron. This is a cool site. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. But bless God Ron I do believe you are the genuine article. I am not saying this because you need my aproveal I believe you already have all the proof needed. You seem to have the mark of Christ firmly planted in your forhead. I have seen a lot in a lot of years and rejoice that the true sons of the livivng God are coming forth and they really do walk the walk and not just talk a bunch of jive. Christ in a people is the only hope for any. I think it is amazing all the diffrent brothers and sisters and we are one in Christ. Kinda like that fancy coat that Joseph had. I think the false brothers are getting up set that we are wearing it Christ. Bless God we have been in the prison so we can come forth and tell them this is for them to.They think we are against them but in truth we are for them and as many that will come.

Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 1:37pm

A Christian can go through an entire day living as a mere man. He can reason about where to go, what to do, guided by what is seen. Live as those who are not saved live. OR a Christian can go through the entire day as a Son of God, following Holy Spirit's gentle leading, being at the right place to say the right words at the right time. Why live a boring earthly life when you can live every day a heavenly adventure?

-------------

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 2:02pm

Bless you Ron!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Bob Hill
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 2:19pm

Has anyone seen Tina's reading glasses?

Anyone interested in a 2000 Toyota 4Runner, 4WD, no trailer hitch, no luggage rack (travels fast and unencumbered,) holds all that is necessary for a married couple to survive with no room for passengers, 16" tires for clearing the high spots in those muddy roads, looks a little rough on the outside due to brush scratches from narrow roads, ruggedly reliable, new timing belt, radiator, brakes, only 210,000 miles and ready to go another 150,000?   It is familiar with highways and backroads from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to Vancouver Island, BC from Tarpon Springs, FL to Phoenix, AZ.  Never been stuck but has helped pull a few others out of the occasional ditch.

Sacrificial suffering and death to the flesh nature included at no cost.

Sorry there has been no exposure to CA or NV, hope that's not prophetic.

Oh yes, it has also been anointed (no they didn't mess on it) by three pairs of Golden Eagles on the road between Hoback River Canyon and Bondurant, WY. 

Don't think my wife and I are going to need it any longer.

Woo Hoo....we are ready to fly!!

-------------

Of whom is given much, much is required.

Posted By: Tina Sundstrom
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 2:33pm

Thank you.

-------------
In passionate pursuit of Him always

Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 4:00pm

GODS GOLDEN EAGLES SOAR TO LIBERTY AND FREEDOM!!!!

GODS GOLDEN EAGLES ARE BREAKING OUT OF THEIR CAPTIVITY!!!!

THEY WILL BE TALLER STRONGER BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!!

THE GOLDEN EAGLES WILL POUR OUT THE PURE LOVE OF GOD, THIS LOVE WILL OVERCOME THE THE EVIL AND DARKNESS OF THIS WORLD!!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Bob Hill
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 4:23pm

Lyn, thank you so much.  That really speaks to us.

I understand that the Golden Eagle is a bird found in the Northern hemisphere.  Where as the Bald Eagle's range is North America (and maybe South America, I forget all the details) the Golden can be found in all continents north of the equator.  Father brought the Golden species into our lives as a message about three years ago.

Again thanks for the word for all us eagles.

Bob

-------------

Of whom is given much, much is required.

Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 4:40pm

Bob.... golden eagles have very good eyesight...8 times better than humans...we really need powerful eye sight in the hour we are in.

Spiritual eyes and ears!!

Bless you!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Bill Evans
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 5:03pm

Always a good word,Glory to God

-------------
Bill Evans bspydr28@aol.com       &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     

Posted By: james hill
Date Posted: 04/27/2011 at 7:36pm

i don't know how else that  could have been said.....

i have to be honest and say that i do noy put a whole lot belief in what a lot of people say (whether right or wrong), but that was a sobering truth i haven't heard from any person in ..........i don't know!

Ron, thank you for being a forrunner but also understanding the snares and unselfishly sharing truth!

...your lifes experience speaks loudly, but seasoned with grace and loving urgency.....thank you for "telling in like it is"....a much needed resolution for matters...

Posted By: Paula Jane
Date Posted: 04/28/2011 at 7:59am

The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand so Jesus so.

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles.. running and not becoming weary. Is. 30:18

-------------
Stronghold 5

Posted By: Stacey Yerian
Date Posted: 04/28/2011 at 8:18am

Thank you Ron.

-------------
From glory to glory,
Anastasia Lee

Date Posted: 04/28/2011 at 8:20am

The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.  The first coming, the HEAD and the Bridegroom  was at hand.  The second coming, the BODY and the Bride is at hand.

-------------

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 04/28/2011 at 1:07pm

Jeffrey Stewart wrote:
Christians walk around today with the slave mentality, with their minds in a pre-born again state to some degree or another, while their spirits are of Royal Heritage, because God the Father is now in our family tree and Adam, the slave to sin, is NO LONGER in our family tree.  What God is doing today is "retraining us through revelation" to begin thinking as members of His Royal Family, so we can demonstrate the freedom of Heaven to others.

Yes and amen, Jeffrey. Fact is being born again does indeed make us part of the family. Yet, as babies it is not possible to function as a grown adult. We can be very dissapointed if we try to get small children to function as mature sons in the Royal Family. Many born again believers sitting in pews are 40 year-old babies or, at most, small children spiritually. A 4 year old boy playing with his toy trucks and cars making roads in a sandbox is cute. A 40 year old playing with toys in the sandbox can be a very sad thing.

However, there are situations in the natural where mental impairment prevents a child from growing up normally. They can still have happy lives if there is a good and loving caregiver to assist them with the necissities of life. The church systems with the clergy / laity mentality have become spiritual caregivers for the spirituallly impaired who may never mature within the system. They are mostly spoon fed all of their lives by clergy. The genuine attempt of some clergy to grow up the imparied congregation through teaching produces big headed babies with skinny weak bodies or spirits.

Yes, they need to hear God for themselves and receive revelation and resurrection life by the Spirit of God within them. The also need to be set free from the sand box and given real spiritual impartation and responsibility to get up and get started moving in the Spirit. 

Ron

Date Posted: 04/28/2011 at 1:16pm

That is so true. If a child is fed nothing but milk their entire life, they will never grow into what they were meant to be.  I believe the Lord is doing a new thing, part of which is bringing people out of this system.  The Matrix has a section that illustrates what you are talking about:  When Neo "woke up" and was removed from the system, his body had completely "atrophied" due to not using his muscles, and before he could function, he had to go through a period where his muscles were restored and his mind was renewed to what was actually "real".

-------------

Date Posted: 04/28/2011 at 2:38pm

Ron McGatlin wrote:

Jeffrey Stewart wrote:

Yes and amen, Jeffrey. Fact is being born again does indeed make us part of the family. Yet, as babies it is not possible to function as a grown adult. We can be very dissapointed if we try to get small children to function as mature sons in the Royal Family. Many born again believers sitting in pews are 40 year-old babies or, at most, small children spiritually. A 4 year old boy playing with his toy trucks and cars making roads in a sandbox is cute. A 40 year old playing with toys in the sandbox can be a very sad thing.

However, there are situations in the natural where mental impairment prevents a child from growing up normally. They can still have happy lives if there is a good and loving caregiver to assist them with the necissities of life. The church systems with the clergy / laity mentality have become spiritual caregivers for the spirituallly impaired who may never mature within the system. They are mostly spoon fed all of their lives by clergy. The genuine attempt of some clergy to grow up the imparied congregation through teaching produces big headed babies with skinny weak bodies or spirits.

Yes, they need to hear God for themselves and receive revelation and resurrection life by the Spirit of God within them. The also need to be set free from the sand box and given real spiritual impartation and responsibility to get up and get started moving in the Spirit. 

Ron

YES !!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: tina henry
Date Posted: 04/29/2011 at 9:59pm

THANK YOU

TINA

Posted By: Denise Detwiler
Date Posted: 04/30/2011 at 10:38am

Ron - This is a VERY needed and timely article! I finally got to reading it
today, which for me was perfect timing....

Date Posted: 05/06/2011 at 10:30pm

re up

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Kriston Couchey
Date Posted: 05/09/2011 at 1:48pm

Amen!!

-------------
One of the chosen foolish and weak
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/ - http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 05/11/2011 at 10:01pm

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 05/16/2011 at 9:07am

excellent word Ron! lol oh my heart rejoices in the truth/Truth! thank you for obeying the word of the Lord, the word of the Kingdom and paving a clear way..to Him be Glory, Honour, Power, Might and Dominon both now and forever! Amen!

-------------
In His Love

Print Page | Close Window