Print Page | Close Window

Jerry Jenkins asks for urgent prayer for Dr. Dan Lotz, the husband of Anne Graham Lotz - ’We’re in the fight of our lives,’

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Forum Discription: Daily News of What God is Doing Worldwide - Read and Comment
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=42245
Printed Date: 01/18/2017 at 2:32am

Topic: Jerry Jenkins asks for urgent prayer for Dr. Dan Lotz, the husband of Anne Graham Lotz - ’We’re in the fight of our lives,’

Posted By: News Room
Subject: Jerry Jenkins asks for urgent prayer for Dr. Dan Lotz, the husband of Anne Graham Lotz - ’We’re in the fight of our lives,’
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:00am

Jerry Jenkins asks for urgent prayer for Dr. Dan Lotz, the husband of Anne Graham Lotz
'We're in the fight of our lives,' she says

By Dan Wooding
Founder of ASSIST Ministries

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (ANS) -- Best-selling author Jerry Jenkins, has issued an urgent prayer request for Dr. Dan Lotz, the husband of Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz.

Anne Graham Lotz with her husband,
Dan, and their family

Jenkins, who is also the owner of the Christian Writers Guild, said that Anne Graham Lotz "has been a good friend to the Christian Writers Guild, having spoken twice at our annual conference and being a real encouragement to me personally.

"Her husband has suffered from Type 1 diabetes for years."

Jenkins then forwarded a message from Mrs. Lotz in which she said, "We're in the fight of our lives.

"Dan has a MRSA staph--the very worst and most contagious kind. They just did an ultrasound of his arm, and his stent is leaking. They will have to repeat surgery they did last Thursday. None of this is good. And our entire family -- especially me -- is now at risk.

"He is on isolation, so no visitors to perk him up. The head of nutrition for the hospital just came in, put on her gown and gloves, then held his hand and prayed a very powerful prayer for his healing! The little nursing assistant who bathed him and pricked his finger for his blood sugar came in, put on her gown and gloves, then held his hand while I read this morning's Daily Light--which, as usual, is exactly God's Word to us. So God is here. But we need urgent prayer."

Anne Graham Lotz then asked for people to pray for the following:

* That he can overcome the infection. And if not, that God will take him quickly and painlessly.
* That God will comfort his heart and give him peace. He is afraid.
* That God's presence will fill this room for all who enter.
* That no one, including me, will get this infection.

Mrs. Lutz then quoted a poem which she said was one that her late mother, Ruth Graham Bell, wrote in the flyleaf of her Bible when she was a girl.

"Amazing how the words have come back to my mind," she said.

Here is the poem:

Trusting Him when dark doubts assail us
Trusting Him when our strength is small
Trusting Him when to simply trust Him
is the hardest thing of all.

Trust Him then through tears or sunshine
All our cares upon Him cast.
Till the storms of life are over

In a later message to ANS, Jenkins said that already prayer is making a difference, adding, "Anne says he is already making progress even today."

Print Page | Close Window