Print Page | Close Window

WHAT IS THE REAL DELIGHT OF YOUR HEART AND MINE?

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=43580
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:35am

Topic: WHAT IS THE REAL DELIGHT OF YOUR HEART AND MINE?

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: WHAT IS THE REAL DELIGHT OF YOUR HEART AND MINE?
Date Posted: 06/27/2013 at 7:40am

What is the real delight of your heart and mine?

By Ron McGatlin

Our destiny is wrapped up in, and in large part determined by, the real answer to this question. In our personal lives our heart affection is a predominant factor in determining our destiny. Our lives are greatly affected and changed by what we delight in within our hearts. The lives of our immediate family are greatly impacted by the affections of our hearts as well. Communities, nations, and the world are affected to a lesser degree by whatever is in our hearts. However, all are affected and altered to some degree by the abundance of what fills each and every person’s heart.

Col 3:2: Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

You might want to pause and think about it for a moment. What do you really delight in, what do you live for, what gives you excitement in life, what really is the delight of your heart? What is it that you truly think about? We are not talking about what you feel that you should delight in and not even your good intentions. We are talking about what really does turn you on? What do you really think about? What excites you? Selah.

Mat 6:21: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

That which fills the abundance of our hearts becomes what we say and do. What we think and speak soon becomes our actions, and our actions impact our personal lives and the world around us. The corporate life condition of mankind and the world is changed by what mankind believes and releases into the world. Either good or evil abounds in the world according to which is in the heart of man and released out into the world. Mankind can only release that which is abiding in his heart.

Prov 23:7: For as he thinks in his heart, so is he:

Mat 12:34: … for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

This is one of the universal and foundational principles of life. It is one of the deeper hidden mysteries that are hidden in the word of God. There are many more foundational deep hidden mysteries of God’s wisdom recorded in the Bible to guide us in this life. Bringing our lives into full alignment with these key mysteries of God’s wisdom is the basis for mature kingdom of God living as mature sons of God.

1Cor 2:7: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Power to Change

Literally the world can be changed by what is in the hearts of the people. Death and life are in the power of what man says (Prov 18:21). Healing or devastation in the world is determined by what is in the hearts of the people of the world. Prosperity or poverty of life is within the hearts of the people. Peace or war is within the realm of what mankind believes and seeks after in life.

Man seeks after that in which his heart delights – that for which he has affection. Your life and mine can be changed by changing that in which we delight – that for which we have affection and therefore seek.  

The desires of the heart determine the appetites of the soul. The appetites of our souls determine the affections of our hearts the same as the appetite of our body determines the food we delight in and for which we have affection. We will seek after the food for which we have affection.

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself also in the LORD; and he shall give you the desires of your heart.

What I am speaking of is one of the most powerful hidden mysteries – one of the keys to the kingdom of God. Properly employed by God’s people, this wisdom can change the world. However, mankind has laid down this powerful weapon and allowed the enemy to steal it and use it against us.

This one mystery is paramount in the devastation of the nation in which I live and much of the rest of the world. The employment of this key mystery by the hands of the enemy has created a giant army much like the giant that the young man David faced and killed with the giants own sword. David’s slingshot only stunned the giant. David actually killed the giant by cutting of his head with the giant’s own sword.

This giant and the army of the enemy will be destroyed with the same weapon that he has used to bring to a standstill much of the work of the kingdom of God in America and across much of this world.

Mat 6:19: And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven:

AMERICA AND THE WORLD ARE NOT DEFEATED! THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT DEFEATED!

We have been brought to a standoff with an army of giants who have stolen a key weapon from the kingdom of God and are using this mighty sword to bring us to a standstill. In effect we have allowed this to happen by laying down the mighty sword that the enemy then stole and has used against us. Like David we must take back the sword and cut off the head of the giant who stands against the army of God.

A KEY TO THIS HIDDEN MYSTERY

HUMAN BEINGS DEVELOP AN APPETITE FOR WHAT THEY ARE FED.

In the natural, a child will develop an appetite and desire for that which he or she has been fed. A child will seek after that for which he or she has developed a taste.

I once visited an old fashioned orphanage in Texas. The place was in a state of change. It had operated for many years as a self-sufficient institutional type facility. They raised almost all their own food including fruits, vegetables, dairy products, poultry products, beef, and pork. Everything was produced on the farm. The children growing up there loved all the vegetables and other fresh foods. They did not just eat them because they were made to; they truly enjoyed the food. Most of them had never seen or eaten potato chips and carbonated drinks and many other junk type foods. The kids growing up there helped with the farming and the chores both outside and in the kitchen. They were indeed a healthy bunch of kids that knew how to be responsible. Some new people took over the control of the orphanage. The new people believed that the children were abused because they had never had junk type food and because they had to work doing chores and helping with the farming. The farm was soon shut down, and the children’s appetites for natural foods and for working began to change. Instead of enjoying a big slice of fresh tomato or a piece of fresh fruit for a snack, they now wanted a candy bar or a soda pop.

Children or young people who have been fed on spiritual revival worshiping in the presence of God desire it far above worldly games and shallow entertainment. The people who truly experience God will develop an appetite for more of Him. Adults and children will greatly desire the things of the life of God.

People who grow up without responsibility and without worshiping God in His presence will have no appetite for these things. Those who grow up only playing worldly games and fleshly exciting entertainment develop a taste for it instead of the presence of God. People who spend time viewing violent and sexually explicit video material will develop a taste for it.

What we see and hear, what we experience becomes thoughts that are as seeds planted into our hearts that will grow into the desires of our hearts (Phil 4:4-9). The thoughts, beliefs, and desires of our hearts are made of what we have received, what we have seen and heard. What we have been taught or experienced will become what we believe. What we believe will become what we speak from the heart with our mouths into the world.

Mark 9:23: Jesus said unto him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.

We cannot change our actions or who we are by trying hard. We will change by what we feed upon, what we look upon, and what we hear over time will change our thoughts that will change our beliefs that will change how we feel and what we do. Who we are is changed by what we listen to or watch, what we feed upon.

The most powerful words and thoughts are the deep hidden mysteries of the wisdom of God. Hearing and believing the Word, personally experiencing Christ Jesus in the presence of God by the Holy Spirit is the most powerful experience of life to change us and change the world. Probably everyone reading this understands some of the hidden wisdom of God. At the same time, probably all of us have not heard or understood all of the hidden mysteries of God’s wisdom that are available to us in this day.

We truly need to come together in the presence of God and share what each of us has received of the hidden wisdom of God.

The online book called the “Kingdom Growth Guides” is designed to introduce many of the hidden mysteries of the wisdom of God that can change us to change the world. Please pray about taking the time to search out the wealth of godly wisdom discovered over a lifetime of walking with God. http://archive.openheaven.com/bookstore/downloads/KingdomGrowthG uides.pdf - - Free Download in PDF format.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/ -
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net -

Replies:

Posted By: Bill Evans
Date Posted: 06/27/2013 at 10:30am

God bless you Ron

-------------
Bill Evans bspydr28@aol.com       &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 06/27/2013 at 3:34pm

Yes Ron!!!

Posted By: Karen Ramsey
Date Posted: 06/28/2013 at 8:03am

"We cannot change our actions or who we are by trying hard. We will change by what we feed upon, what we look upon, and what we hear over time will change our thoughts that will change our beliefs that will change how we feel and what we do. Who we are is changed by what we listen to or watch, what we feed upon."

I had lots in my life that needed change, but I knew I was unable to do it. However, by focusing on Jesus, how much I wanted and needed and loved Him, putting my efforts towards just being with Him, those things melted away as I drew nearer and nearer to Him. How awesome is our God!

-------------
Karen Ramsey
http://karenramsey.blogspot.com/
http://amodernvoice.com/

Posted By: Sherry Mohr
Date Posted: 06/28/2013 at 8:21am

Nothing in my life has changed

but by HIS SPIRIT I have changed!

The Lord once told a friend of mine, I did not come to change your circumstances or your situation, I came to change YOUR HEART!

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 06/30/2013 at 5:18am

Karen Ramsey wrote:

I had lots in my life that needed change, but I knew I was unable to do it. However, by focusing on Jesus, how much I wanted and needed and loved Him, putting my efforts towards just being with Him, those things melted away as I drew nearer and nearer to Him. How awesome is our God!

Amen Karen, Our old life stuff and habits just melt away in the glorious light of His light, His love and His life becoming our lives. God's presence is a consuming fire that melts even the rocks of the mountains of our past. All things become new as we truly progressively become new creations in His presence. The glory of God is filling the temple. We are the temple of the Spirit God we call Holy Spirit bringing to abide in us Christ Jesus and the Father. How could life on earth be more glorious than that!?

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 07/06/2013 at 4:04pm

Posted By: Dave Spencer
Date Posted: 07/07/2013 at 3:09pm

Another vision today during 5 min. quiet time in church:

There is a beautiful canopy area with just a royal-blue covering.  In the center is seated the King of Kings, Jesus, who is waiting only for you.  On each side is a huge angel, one called Faith and the other called Hope.

When each one of us comes into the canopy we come with a certain amount of faith and hope (expectancy of Kingdom manifestation in our lives).  By spending some time alone with Jesus (who is Love) regularly, we leave with more faith, hope and love than we came with!

More time alone with Jesus is the key to Kingdom growth.

"Now faith, hope and love abide but the greatest of these is Love".

In and With Christ's Love,
Dave

Print Page | Close Window