RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: Messiah Truth Yuku Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Pamela Helmick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/25/2008 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I am at a Jewish forum and I am there to learn more about the Jewish faith.   A good many people have been patient in answering my questions but there are some who are just down right rude.  They think I am rude when I am not trying to be.  Am I rude? and is it time for me to leave?  My poster name is Pamela Susette and Lady Felix

You will find my post at these links

Posting as Pamela Susette

http://messiahtruth.yuku.com/search/text/forum/8?q=Pamela+Su sette&submit=Search+Forum

Posting as Lady Felix

http://messiahtruth.yuku.com/search/text/forum/8?q=Lady+Feli x&submit=Search+Forum

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 08/25/2008 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Pamela,

My thoughts initially are... don't get caught up in that stuff!  I'm thinking it would be a great time for you to leave!

Blessings,

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Yes I just had a Christian lady pm in yuku and she told me she was banned there and the very same things happen to her there and she asked me to leave.

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

Pamela, I'm with Larry..........just went over and did a bit of reading.......whoa!

Dear one, there are also, (so called) Christian boards that are just as harsh as this one..........flee from there.  

Honestly, I almost go caught up in what was said, but decided it best to leave it alone. Just as in Jesus' day, there are pharisees and saducees that want nothing to do with the name of Jesus........this is something better left to God almighty.

There are other ways to learn of our sisters and brothers of the Jewish faith without being so slammed down as these people seem to delight in.

love, Sandy

Anita Lea

Posted: 08/27/2008 at 4:45pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Amen Larry and Sandy!  I agree wholeheartedly!!

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 08/30/2008 at 8:08pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I like to share an email from one of the moderators there.

-------------------------------------
To:Netanel
Sent:August 29, 2008, 7:08 pm

Dear Netanel,

What did I say wrong that my post was deleted at Messiah Truth on God's love? Don't you believe that God is love and that He loves people rather they do right or wrong? Of coure God does discipline those He loves but He does not hate them. He disciplines them because He loves them.

Pam

This was his reply to me.

No, G-d is not love. G-d is not Creator. These are attributes He may showcase, but they are not Him. G-d said He hated Esau, and not out of "unconditional love". You've been told not to preach here, not Judaism, and not your own misunderstanding about G-d.

And this is what my reply to him was.

I do not misunderstand God's love. Infact I disagree with you on this. I believe that you are wrong about God not being loved. But you do have your right to believe what you want. Your religion is not 100 % corrent just as my religion isn't 100% corrent. To claim that your religion is 100 % corrent is saying that your religion is perfect and you are perfect and there is no human that is perfect.

There are scriptues in the Bible that mentions that He is love and that His love endures forever. Psalms 103 is a good one. Infact I will go to your
Judaica Press Complete Tanach and copy and paste it. There are many, many scriptures on God's love endures forever. I refused to believe any different. Who wants to serve a God who does't love them? If this is how you believe then I will gladly stay a Christian. I do not want to be in a religion where I have to believe that God doesnt' love me.

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 08/31/2008 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

"No, G-d is not love. G-d is not Creator. These are attributes He may showcase, but they are not Him. G-d said He hated Esau, and not out of "unconditional love". You've been told not to preach here, not Judaism, and not your own misunderstanding about G-d."

kind of shows where there heart is at, eh.......a place I sure don't understand. This site is only a place that will drag the believer down......in my opinion

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Sandy,

You are soooooo right!  This would be a good place to stay away from!

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 08/31/2008 at 2:21pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Here is his reply to me from my last letter.

Yes, you absolutely do. I could care less if you disagree with me. G-d is not love. Love is an attribute G-d is capable of performing, but He is not inherently love, just like He isn't inherently any other attribute. Trying to confine Him to one attribute is perposterous. This is a ridiculous and biblically unsupported concept. Your religion is false. Torah is correct. Again, I could care less what you believe or what you feel, because what you believe and feel is wrong. You are content with that, and so be it. No, I am not perfect, never claimed to be, but G-d is, and so is His Torah, which we Jews follow. You Christians do not. You don't even follow the Noahide mitzvot which you ARE obligated to follow.

You are completely misrepresenting the Psalms. Psalm 103 does not say G-d IS love. That is a flat out lie on your part. In fact LOVE is not mentioned anywhere in the Psalm you quoted. Furthermore the JPT isn't "mine". I read the Hebrew. It is a good English translation, but it is not "mine".

As for you staying a Christian, that is your perogative, and that is your mistake to account for. I seriously doubt you considered being an observant Noahide like you and all other non-Jews are supposed to be anyway. You've been here long enough to know - whether you choose to acknowledge or believe it or not - that Christianity is idolatry, and that you are thus an idolater. We aren't here to convert non-Jewish Christians, though we're happy to discuss with those who wish to discuss and learn. You have shown you are not here to learn, but you are here to preach. You only ask questions as a lead-in to you telling some story, or your testimony, which this forum is not here for.

I am so shocked that the Jews believe this way.  I wonder if all Jews believe this way.

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 09/01/2008 at 3:38am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela,

I think you are seeing just how legalistic and anti God's Spirit these people really are.  My suggestion.... stay away from them!  Only people who have a serious call from God can reach them.  They are blinded to the truth.

Blessings,

Larry

alicia myers

Posted: 09/01/2008 at 3:50am | IP Logged Quote alicia myers

Remember God has blinded them for a while, God himself said he blinded them. In his time and his ways, he lifts the veil off of their eyes.

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 09/01/2008 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

They need to read the Torah again! Just as Jesus admonished the Sadducees and Pharisees about not really knowing what their own scriptures said about HIM. Moses himself prophesied about the coming Messiah, but they rejected the true meaning of Moses' words.............and turned the Torah into legalistic ("man created")religion.

Don't let these people get to you. NO, not all Jews feel this way,  only the ones whose eyes and  hearts have been blinded by the truth. Pray for them, love them and know that it is only God who will open the eyes of His people. It becomes up to them whether they 'see' or not.

They can not understand the things of the Spirit because the have not the SPirit of God.......

God IS Love, but they do not understand that you are not speaking of a worldly type of love. God's love encompasses all the He is. It encompasses Power, Mercy, Grace and all the attributes of God ( it was Love that created the universe)  Love is not just one of God's attributes......it encompasses all the God is. We know that and so shall they when the time is right. These people would have fit in well with those that had our Lord crucified......but remember, Jesus said as He died in torment and agony "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"......we must have that same love for these people. You can not reason with them, it will not work. Only God can get through to them.....so don't try to fight them on this, stay away from this stinkin' thinkin and pray fervently for them in His Love.

Sandy

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 09/09/2008 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Thanks everyone.  Yes it is time for me to leave.  I am going to find some Messsonic Jews to fellowship with and learn from.

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 09/09/2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

Hmmmm, Pam, seems I have some links in my favs of Messianic, Loving Jewish sisters and brothers in the true sense.......people that know that Gentile believers are adopted family. Wonderful people.

When I get a chance I'll see what I have, but for now, I gotta get offline.

And remember sister.......there are a lot of "cracked pots" out there......I went to one board one time thinking it was Christian and found the owner of the board proclaiming himself to be Elijah and calling anyone who believed the bible all kinds of ugly names.

Even Jesus shook the dust from His sandals......sometimes we have to do the same.

love, Sandy

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 09/15/2008 at 8:51pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Thanks Sandy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version