RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: dark things Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Jess Cousineau

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/04/2008 at 7:25am | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

What is the matter with me?

Before I dreamt about a garden, but it was full of snakes and insects and it had a well of death in it. Then tonite I dreamt I saw this really cool mansion, but it was dark grey and black and the sky was overcast and it really looked like a haunted house. And in past several evenings when going to bed I keep getting bothered by demons which had stopped for years. (I see flashes of them when I'm trying to go to sleep). And this morning I couldn't wake up - I was awake - but when I go to move I find I'm dreaming (I was dreaming about flying over landscapes), and then I'd get freaked out which would make me wake up - but then I blink again and I'm asleep again. Eventually I managed to SIT UP! and it's like, aaaaaaahhh, so frustrating! When I looked in the mirror I look exausted, after sleeping the whole night (and I feel really weird). I used to have sleep paralysis and out of body experiences when I felt like this. (Thank You God that I only had dreams and none of that thank You Lord ). I remember when I first woke up I think the Lord told me to eat something, but I was procrastinating getting out of bed.

I recently felt convicted, but I repented, and I don't understand why this is happening, is it because I have sin in my life?
View Jess Cousineau's Profile Search for other posts by Jess Cousineau
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

I meant, because, I repented, and so I don't know of any sin of my life to cause it at this time - but what else could it be from?
Sandy Phillips

Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

Jess, I just wanted you to know that you are not being ignored. I don't know the meaning.......did you take this to the dream forum?

love, Sandy

Anita Lea

Posted: 09/09/2008 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Jess, because the enemy knows that God has a plan for your life he will come to harrass you from time to time.  He comes in your dreams and tries to steal youur peace and joy.  He will try to sway you to believe that God is mad at you or God has not forgiven you of your sins.  God loves you Jess and is pleased with you.  You are His special treasure and No weapon formed against you shall prosper.  When you are feeling like this in the night, rise up and rebuke satan in Jesus name and tell him he has to go and not to come back.  Then outloud say "Father send your angels to surround me and protect me in Jesus name."  All will be well and peace will come to you.  God bless you Jess.

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Anita Lea

Posted: 09/09/2008 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

One more thing, when rebuking satan, you must say it outloud and not in your mind.  Satan cannot read our mind so we must speak to him outloud.  God bless!  (And always in Jesus name)  If satan keeps harrassing you then you must plead the blood of Jesus over your life.  I sometimes sing outloud "nothing but the blood of Jesus."  It works everytime!!

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/12/2008 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Good advice from sister Anita!

By the way, out-of-body experiences are not really "real", they're basically a deception of the enemy, some people are more sensitive than others to such experiences. They may seem  very dream-like, the main difference is that you are more alert. Sleep paralysis is pretty common, I suspect it's a temporary state of being influenced or oppressed by the enemy. Of course, they have no power over you, once you wake up, you proclaim Jesus as your Lord and Master and be victorious because it's not you, but He that is in you.
View Marjo Richardso's Profile Search for other posts by Marjo Richardso Visit Marjo Richardso's Homepage
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 09/13/2008 at 1:46pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Ok, I think I might know what the problem was. I bought a copy of the book, The Shack, and had it sitting next to my bed. I wondered if it was from the book, but I thought it's a Christian book (though I bought it from a secular bookstore) and I didn't know anything about it. I just watched this video and seems to confirm that to me. I think I will get rid of that book!
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 09/13/2008 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Sandy, thank you I did go and ask at the dream forum after you said that and then realized that I don't think they are from the Lord.

Anita, thanks so much for your reply!  I do command the enemy to leave me, in a whisper out-loud, but they usually come back very quickly. I don't know how to get them to leave for good. (except for annointing the room and everything but lately I wonder if that is what God wants me to do? I happen to have a little bottle of oil that says "Master's Oil" on it (hehe) that I have always used for that). Oh yeah and last night, or the night before, (I don't remember what was happening but I remember doing this) I whispered the song, "There is power in the blood, there is power in the blood, there is power in the blood of the Lamb"! It must have worked because I don't really remember why I sung that. 

Marjo,  thanks... it really does feel very real though. I must admit thinking about it makes me obssessed  Thank you for your advice!

Quote: "Of course, they have no power over you, once you wake up, you proclaim Jesus as your Lord and Master and be victorious because it's not you, but He that is in you."

Yes Amen!
Anita Lea

Posted: 09/13/2008 at 3:43pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Yes Sister Jess, get rid of that book!!!  I feel in my spirit that is the problem!!  God bless you!!

Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/13/2008 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Jess, I often sing the very same song!  Yes there is power in the blood of the Lamb!  Keep pleading and claiming it over yourself and your whole life (circumstances etc.), the enemy must flee at the mention of the blood! His attacks may well be on an increase, because I have also felt, dreamed and experienced it in the daily grind.  We have people going off the deep end all the time now, ending up in jail, great suffering within family units.

I know how "real" OBE's seem, but they are a lie of the enemy. He will give you counterfeit spiritual encounters that can be exciting euphoric and very vivid, realistic experiences that can be very seductive and addictive.  The obsession is very real - that's how people get entangled in satan's web of deceit...

It's time to be sober and diligent in our most basic and precious faith, focusing and concentrating on Lord Jesus 24/7 with all our being.  God bless you sis, fight a good fight! 
View Marjo Richardso's Profile Search for other posts by Marjo Richardso Visit Marjo Richardso's Homepage
Lisa Simmons

Posted: 01/21/2009 at 11:16pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa Simmons

I read your post and the words "Close the door" came to my spirit.  I belive you are right on about the book or other influences we allow in our life that seem harmless but arent.

"Though He slay me,yet will I trust in Him..." Job 13:15
View Lisa Simmons's Profile Search for other posts by Lisa Simmons
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 01/24/2009 at 10:04pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Hmmm... I started reading that book and it is actually a very good book. I think I may have been mistaken in that. I haven't had any problems lately at all. I've been sleeping very well.

Lisa Simmons

Posted: 01/25/2009 at 12:32am | IP Logged Quote Lisa Simmons

Jess,

The day I read your posting when you mentioned that book, The Shack, my sister in law, later that evening mentioned that she started reading it.  That pushed me to do some research and read some reviews.  After reading quotes from it and reading discussion forums, I am convinced that the spirit behind this book is not the Holy Spirit. 

If you dont take my word for it, please, evaluate every implication and teaching in that book.

Anita Lea

Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Amen Sister Lisa, Amen!   We just don't get how we open the door for the enemy to attack us in our daily life.  Just because we get a good night sleep doesn't mean the enemy won't come in a different way.  God has been dealing with me about things in my house and I have threw away some great stuff.  He is showing me how things can open the door for satan.  You may laugh but even dolls and stuff animals!!  Even candles!  Please pray to God and ask Him.  He will reveal to you what YOU need to do.  What is for me may not necessarily be for you.  God bless and peace be with you in Jesus name.

Jess Cousineau

Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Ok. In the mornings a lot I see very short but vivid dreams when I'm half asleep. I used to think these were from the Lord. But this morning I saw someone sticking there tongue at me. It was very gross and my very thought was this is not from God and I commanded all evil spirits to leave me at once in the name of Jesus Christ. If that one was not from the Lord - then how can I trust any of the others?
Lisa Simmons

Posted: 01/26/2009 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa Simmons

I had expressed the spirt behind this book to my sister in law.  Yesterday she told me that that very night she had a dream of something like a beast or something having a grip on her and not releasing her, I was in her dream and I was not bound by the thing or beast, I walked by unharmed.

My sister in law, had told me she was convinced of the spiritual aspect of the dream and the book.

I dont find any of this coincidental.

Lisa Simmons

Posted: 01/26/2009 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa Simmons

Jess I feel like you have a tool you are choosing to not sufficently using.  When you dont know how to pray, press into the Spirit, using your tongue, let the Holy Spirit intercede when you are approached by the enemy.  The Lord is your defense!  His Truth and love casts out fear.

By the way.  Thank you for your mention of the book and your situation.  God brought me to this topic on here so I could help my sister in law....

Lisa Simmons

Posted: 01/26/2009 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa Simmons

Oh and to answer your question, The Spirit enables us to discern.  This is a gift you may need to develope or seek God to give you.  I believe you already have some ability to discern as you expressed what you saw last and judged it.  Seems like that was a taunting spirit.  The act of sticking out a tongue at you is very obvious.  There is something that the enemy has of or from you that you feel helpless to.  There is something, could be fear, could be control of an area, emotion or mindset or even a lie that you believe that contradicts what God has said.  Pray about this.  Ask God what's in your heart that he needs to straighten out. 

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 01/27/2009 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

I finally got a moment to read all the posts here.

Jess, I went to the youtube link you left up there.

I honestly couldn't believe my ears that people are swallowing such heresy about the soverienty of God. There is such a LACK of respect in that book about the God of all creation.

I have heard so many talking about it, but never felt a compulsion to even check it out........now I know why.

Talk about decieving spirits.......whoa!

What did Jesus say? that even the elect would be decieved in the last days.

There is so much deception all around us, like never before and we MUST test everything with the Word of God. As a matter of fact it is the Word we can completely trust. I'm not saying there aren't very good teaching books out there. There are, but "the shack" is so far fetched I am surprised that anyone would swallow that. Please don't take offense. That is not my purpose. Many time we are led into some falsehood by others or just plain "hype".....apparently from all I can gather and have witnessed there is a lot of "hype" about this book.

that dream about someone sticking their tongue out at you definately was not of God.......it was a direct insult to you from the evil on.

Since my hubby died I have had some  pretty bizarre dreams, so I started asking the Lord ( at bedtime) to protect my dreams, to watch over and just protect me from bad dreams .........and Bless God, He does just that.

How do we know if it's a dream given by God? because it will line up with His word. I have had many dreams where I was either quoting scripture or doing something in the Spirit, something I knew even in the dream was all scriptural. Dreams given by God Himself leave one feeling wonderful and refreshed. They are those dreams that one can remember vividly for possibly years, so vivid that every little part of the dream is remembered.

Even if one remembers a dream brought by the evil one and can remember it, as the Lord is sought in truth and in Spirit......those dreams seem to fade as a direct result of seeking Him. It's like He heals our mind of those bad dreams. I can remember little tidbits of bad dreams, but when the Lord gives me a dream ( and it's always for a reason), I can remember all the little details upon fully waking and it stays with me. Those, I keep a journal of because they are so awesome.

As the word says........test the spirits. His Word is true, it is our compass for everything.

love, Sandy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version