RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: My daughter’s home. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Pamela Helmick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/10/2008 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

My daughter moved to Winchester Va with her mother in law and they are living in a very old house.  The house is about 200 yrs old and they believe there are ghosts there.  Doors open on their own and things turn on and off.

I told my daughter that she knows how to use her authority to case out the spirits.  Her mother in law and her feel that the spirits are just friendly ghosts and not demons.  She feels that having an excerism would make the ghosts angry and right now all they are doing is just opening doors and turning things on and off. They are not causing any physical harm to anyone.

If the ghost are not causing any physical harm should they be cast out?  Please pray for their saftey while living there.  It is a rental home and they will be there for about six months.

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/12/2008 at 7:36pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Well, since it's just six months they're staying there, it might be sufficient to just ignore such occurrences. There are no "friendly ghosts" -you already made a correct statement -that they may get angry or the even the opposite, thrilled (as most folks aren't equipped to handle such tasks and may miscalculate the severity or strength of the entity).

Anyways, if there's demonic activity in the house they thrive on attention and will escalate their manifestations, accordingly...  So tell your daughter to pray for protection (blood of Christ), maybe play some anointed Christian music while in the house, (and praising God is always a very efficient antidote).

If the activity increases, get out asap. Don't invite them along.
View Marjo Richardso's Profile Search for other posts by Marjo Richardso Visit Marjo Richardso's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 09/13/2008 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Yes, that is what I told her to do is pray.  Also pray for them.  Janna is my daughter and Nic is my grandson.  He will be 1 yr old this coming Tuesday.  Susy is her mother in law and Jason is her brother in law.  They all live together in the old house.  Susy said she is not afraid at all but Janna is.  Jason gets mad when they turn his fan off in his room.  The baby (Nic) crys a lot and screams a lot since they moved into the house.  Susy feels he is just home sick.  Janna and Nic moved on August 21st from my house into this house.

Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/13/2008 at 7:23pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Yes Pamela, I will pray for their protection. As you now mention your precious grandson also being affected, it's time to take it seriously.  It should not be so... Innocent children should not suffer! 

There's anger, which is a destructive power and may be of a spiritual origin, especially if it's "explosive type" anger.

There is something that allows the enemy access, and that something has to be dealt with.  Are the in-laws born again/baptized? Is there any history of neglect/abandonment, vice, crime or abuse (substance, mental, sexual - any such issues in the family's past)?

Keep praying and asking God to intervene. Do I remember right, have you read the Needless casualties of war?  There's much practical info in that book.
View Marjo Richardso's Profile Search for other posts by Marjo Richardso Visit Marjo Richardso's Homepage
Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/16/2008 at 4:35pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Dear Pamela,
I thought about that after my posting, the past history probably not being a factor if the house is haunted... Hope it did not offend you...

Yes we need extra discernment in situations like this. I'm praying with you sis.  But we need to be so careful not to develop an unhealthy appetite for such phenomena.  I know where it can lead Pam (!!!) and I'm very worried about you possibly facing something that is not from God if you keep looking into these kinds of matters. Be careful and listen to the Holy Spirit regarding any such involvement.

(I once felt that I could intercede for lost souls in the spirit realm, but it's not according to God's purpose for us to do so)...
Love,
Marjo
Anita Lea

Posted: 09/16/2008 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Sister Pamela I will be praying for you.  Ghost are demons.  When we die we are either in heaven or hell and we don't linger around.  That story you wrote in your post is just that, a story.  If a house is haunted it has demons and can be cast out.  We are to take authority over demons in Jesus name.  Never and I mean Never should we just move out of a house because demons are there.  WE HAVE AUTHORITY OVER DEMONS!!!  My husband and I move alot because of his job.  We rent houses everywhere the job takes us.  This house that I am in now had several demons.  The people that lived here before were drinkers and drug users.  It took about a week but I cleaned house in the name of Jesus!!!  I anointed my windows and doors and pleaded the blood of Jesus.  I cry out to you Sister, I beg you in the name of Jesus to believe what I am saying.  There are no lost human spirits just roaming around the earth.  I love you Sister and you know my heart.  I pray that I have helped you in some way and YOU have authority over all demons.  These demons that haunt houses are low level devils.  God bless you!!!

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/18/2008 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Cabala

n. (kăb"*l)

[LL. See Cabal, n.]

1. A kind of occult theosophy or traditional interpretation of the Scriptures among Jewish rabbis and certain mediæval Christians, which treats of the nature of god and the mystery of human existence. It assumes that every letter, word, number, and accent of Scripture contains a hidden sense; and it teaches the methods of interpretation for ascertaining these occult meanings. The cabalists pretend even to foretell events by this means.

2. Secret science in general; mystic art; mystery.

The commonly used term for the mystical, magical, and theosophic teachings of Judaism from the twelfth century onward, the cabala (also cabbala, kabbala, or kabbalah) was considered the esoteric and unwritten portion of the revelation granted to Adam and again to Moses, while the Bible represented the exoteric revelation. (Although the term is often spelled with a 'k' when referring to the Jewish tradition and with a 'c' in the Christian version, it is spelled here with a 'c' for simplicity's sake.) The word means "that which is received" or "tradition," implying that the cabala was a body of knowledge that passed orally from generation to generation. A distinction is generally made between theoretical and practical cabala, the first dealing with theosophical issues, and the second with producing specific practical and eschatological effects (healing the sick, hastening the advent of the Messiah, attaining an ecstatic state) through the use of divine names and Hebrew letters.

The cabala proper developed from diverse esoteric and theosophical currents among Jews in Palestine and Egypt during the first Christian centuries. Early strands of Jewish apocalypticism and Merkabah (throne) and Hekhalot (palaces) mysticism were influenced by Hellenistic, Iranian, and gnostic thought, although scholars disagree about the extent and importance of these external influences. Merkabah and Hekhalot mysticism was devoted to descriptions of the dangerous ascent through various worlds and palaces that culminated in the vision of the divine throne described in Ezekiel. The Sefer Yezirah (Book of formation), a major source of later cabalistic speculation, belongs to the same period (second to sixth century). It describes the creative power of the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet and the ten sefirot (numbers or manifestations of God) through whom the world came into being.

During the Middle Ages these traditions of early Jewish mysticism were fused with Christian and Islamic (Sufism) mysticism and Islamic and Christian Neoplatonism to produce the German Hasidic movement (Ashkenazi Hasidism), which peaked between the eleventh and the thirteenth centuries. Its leading figures were Judah he-Hasid (d. 1217) and his pupil Eleazar of Worms (d. 1238), who produced popular works combining elements of Merkabah mysticism and theurgy with mystical speculations about letters and numbers.

The cabala originated simultaneously from these same sources in southern France in the twelfth century. Among its most important proponents were Rabbi Abraham ben David and his son Rabbi Isaac the Blind (d. c. 1235). The Sefer ha-Bahir, composed in the late twelfth century, circulated among these cabalists. It elaborated on the idea of the ten sefirot, describing them as divine powers emanating from the hidden God (En Soph). This became a dominant motif in later cabala. Cabalist centers developed in Burgos, Toledo, and Gerona. Azriel of Gerona applied Neoplatonic philosophy to cabalist concepts. For Gerona cabalists the highest human goal was to attain Devekut (communion with God) through prayer and meditation on the sefirot. Nachmanides (c. 1194–1270) was the most famous member of this group. Many of the ideas of Ashkenazi Hasidism were absorbed by cabalists in Spain and southern France, who established new schools of cabala in Europe, Italy, and the East. Although there were considerable differences between the teachings of the various mystical and cabalistic groups in the medieval period, a common theme was the idea of the Godhead as a unity of dynamic forces.

A school of prophetic Cabala arose in connection with the teachings of Abraham Abulafia (c. 1240–1292), who devised "the science of combination," a mystical technique of meditating on the divine names and the Hebrew letters in order to draw down the divine spirit and attain ecstatic experiences. The main product of Spanish Cabala, however, was the Sefer ha-Zohar (The book of splendor), written largely between 1280 and 1286. More of a library than a book, the Zohar consists of some twenty independent works. While it was attributed to the second-century Rabbi Simeon ben Yohai, a renowned sage of the school of Rabbi Akiva, the actual author was the contemporary Spanish cabalist Moses de Leon. The whole thrust of the Zohar, and the Cabala in general, is to understand the nature of God and man's relation to him, but the picture that emerges is different from that found elsewhere in Judaism. Instead of the lawgiver and ruler of halakhah (Jewish law), the merciful father of aggadah (allegorical rabbinic literature), the awesome king of Merkabah and Hekhalot mysticism, or the necessary being of the philosophers, the Zohar envisions God as ten sefirot joined in a dynamic, organic unity. Each represents a distinct attribute of God, such as "wisdom," "understanding," "power," "beauty," "endurance," and "majesty."

Humanity is accorded tremendous power in the Zohar. Because people are made in the image of God and originate from the Godhead, they have the power to influence and act in the divine realm for good and ill. Through devotion in prayer and by fulfilling the commandments, people become active participants in the "mystery of unification" (sod hayihud), the process through which the divine forces are united, perfected, and return to their source. The notion that man can participate in the restoration, repair, and amendment of this world is stressed throughout the Zohar in the notion of Tikkun, which literally means 'restoration'.

In the sixteenth century a new form of Cabala appeared, derived from the teachings of Isaac Luria (1534–1572). Where the Zohar and earlier cabalistic works concentrated on cosmology, the Lurianic Cabala focused on exile, redemption, and the millennium. Luria reasoned that in order for there to be a place for the world, God had to withdraw from a part of himself. This doctrine of Tsimsum (withdrawal) was both profound and ambiguous. It provided a symbol of exile in the deepest sense, within the divinity itself, but it also implied that evil was intrinsic to the creation process and not attributable to man alone. Two other doctrines are crucial to Luria's radical theology, the Shevirat-ha-Kelim (breaking of the vessels) and Tikkun (restoration). Both explain how the evil that emerged with creation represented a temporary state that would eventually end with the perfection of all things.

According to the complex mythology of the Lurianic cabala, after God withdrew from himself, traces of light were left in the void. These were formed into the image of the primordial man, Adam Kadmon, who was the first manifested configuration of the divine. However, at this point a catastrophe occurred. Further divine lights burst forth from Adam Kadmon, but the "vessels" meant to contain them shattered. With "the breaking of the vessels" evil came into the world as sparks of light (souls) became sunk in matter.

In the Lurianic cabala man is given an even more central role than in the Zohar, for it is only through human actions (observing the commandments, studying the Torah, and mystical meditation) that the souls, trapped among the shards of the broken vessels, can be reunited with the divine light. Luria viewed history as an ongoing struggle between the forces of good and evil played out by the same cast of characters, who experience repeated reincarnations (Gilgul ) until they become perfect. Although the process of Tikkun will be long and arduous, restoration will eventually occur as each exiled being moves up the ladder of creation, becoming better and increasingly spiritual until finally freed from the cycle of rebirth. The Lurianic cabala transformed mysticism into an activist historical force, involving individuals in a cosmic millennial drama in which their every action counted. The Lurianic cabala was the first Jewish theology to envision perfection in terms of a future state, not in terms of some forfeited ideal past.

Gershom Scholem believed that the Lurianic cabala became "something like the true theologia mystica of Judaism" from 1630 onward (Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism, p. 284). He attributed the emergence of the heretical movement connected with Shabbetai Tzevi (also Sabbatai Sevi; 1626–1676) to the messianic ideas inherent in Lurianic cabala. In Scholem's view, Shabbetai Tzevi's eventual apostasy and conversion to Islam led to a crisis in Judaism that precipitated the Haskalah, or secular Enlightenment. The cabala thus played a key role in transforming Jewish history and culture. Not all scholars agree. Idel and others deny that Messianism was a significant element of Lurianic cabala. In their view the Sabbatean movement was an outgrowth of popular apocalyptic Messianism and secularization that was largely the result of increased social and intellectual contact with Christians.

The last stage in the development of Jewish cabala occurred with the emergence of the modern Hasidic movement, founded by Rabbi Israel Baal Shem Tov, in the mid-eighteenth century. This movement created a serious rift within Judaism between Hasids and their rationalist opponents (the Mitnagedim), who claimed that Hasidism ignored important aspects of the Jewish law, especially Torah study and prayer, and placed too much emphasis on the redeeming role of the Hasidic rabbi, or Tsaddik (holy one).

Christian Cabala

Christian interest in the cabala emerged at the end of the fifteenth century in the Platonic Academy at the Medici court in Florence. The cabala was seen as a source for retrieving the prisca theologia, or ancient wisdom, but being Jewish and not pagan in origin, cabalistic writings were regarded as the purest source of this divine knowledge. This was the view of Giovanni Pico della Mirandola (1463–1494), who studied the cabala with the assistance of several Jewish teachers, Samuel ben Nissim Abulfaraj, Yoseph Alemano (1435–1504) and the converted Jew Raymond Moncada, also known as Flavius Mithradites (fl. 1470–1483). Pico's cabalistic studies were aimed at converting the Jews by showing them that their own ancient wisdom supported the truth of Christianity. Forty-seven of his famous nine hundred theses were taken directly from the cabala, while another seventy-two were based on his speculations about the cabala. As a result of his study, he concluded that "no science can better convince us of the divinity of Jesus Christ than magic and the cabala," an opinion the Catholic Church condemned. Pico's work influenced the German Christian Hebraist Johannes Reuchlin (1455–1522), who wrote De Verbo Mirifico (1494; On the miracle-working name) and De Arte Cabalistica (1517; On the science of the cabala). Reuchlin claimed that God revealed himself in three stages: first, to the Patriarchs through the three-letter name Shaddai (shin, dalet, yod); then in the Torah as the four-letter Tetragrammaton (yod, he, vav, he); and finally as the five-letter name Yehoshua (yod, he, shin, vav, he) or Jesus. Pico's and Reuchlin's work encouraged other Christians to explore the cabala. Cornelius Agrippa included discussions of the practical cabala in De Occulta Philosophia (1531), which led to the association of the cabala with magic and witchcraft. Cardinal Egidio da Viterbo (1465–1532) wrote a treatise on the Hebrew letters. The Franciscan Francesco di Giorgio (1460/66–1540) incorporated material from the Zohar in his De Harmonia Mundi (1525) and Problemata (1536). Guillaume Postel (1570–1581) translated the Sefer Yetzirah and parts of the Zohar into Latin with annotations. A fusion between the cabala and alchemy emerged in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, appearing in Heinrich Khunrath's Amphitheatrum Sapientiae Aeternae (1609) and the writings of Robert Fludd (1574–1637) and Thomas Vaughan (1622–1666).

During the seventeenth century Jakob Boehme's (1575–1624) work was noted for its affinity to the cabala, and the German Jesuit Athansius Kircher drew a parallel between Adam Kadmon and Jesus. The most influential Christian cabalist, however, was Christian Knorr von Rosenroth (1636–1689), whose Kabbala Deundata (1677, 1684) offered the Latin-reading public the largest collection of cabalistic texts available before the nineteenth century. This collection was especially important because it included selections from the Zohar (with annotations and commentaries) and translations and synopses of treatises written by Luria's disciples Hayyim Vital and Israel Sarug. Scholars have recently begun to investigate the way in which this work and the cabala in general influenced such thinkers as Henry More, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, John Locke, and Isaac Newton, contributing to the modern idea of scientific progress and the concept of toleration. The German Pietists led by Friedrich Christoph Oetinger (1702–1782) were also influenced by von Rosenroth's translations, and he in turn influenced Franz von Baader, Martines de Pasqually, Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Friedrich von Schelling. Georg von Welling published his popular Opus Mago-Cabbalisticum et Theosophicum in 1735. The last great work of Christian cabala was Franz Josef Molitor's (1779–1861) Philosophie der Geschichte oder Ueber die Tradition, which in spite of its Christological approach received high praise from Scholem, influencing his own view of the cabala. The theosophical systems of eighteenth-century Freemasons, Illuminati, and Rosicrucians also reflect cabalistic concepts and symbolism. This connection unfortunately played into the hands of anti-Semites, who claimed that a Jewish "cabale" of revolutionary Freemasons and cabalists were infiltrating European institutions and destroying them from within. The legacy of the cabala in Europe is thus Janus-faced: on the one hand it contributed to ideas at the heart of the Enlightenment: scientific progress, the ability of man to shape his own destiny, and religious toleration; on the other hand, it fed into the anti-Semitic rhetoric that laid the foundation for genocide.

Bibliography

Altmann, Alexander. "Lurianic Kabbala in a Platonic Key: Abraham Cohen Herrera's Puerta del Cielo." Hebrew Union College Annual 53 (1982): 317–355.

Blau, Joshua. The Christian Interpretation of the Cabala in the Renaissance. New York, 1944.

Cohn, Norman. Warrant for Genocide: The Myth of the Jewish World-Conspiracy and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Chico, Calif., 1981.

Coudert, Allison P. The Impact of the Kabbalah in the Seventeenth Century: The Life and Thought of Francis Mercury van Helmont, 1614–1698. Leiden, 1999.

——. Leibniz and the Kabbalah. Dordrecht, 1995.

Fine, Lawrence, ed. Essential Papers on Kabbalah. New York, 1995.

Goldish, Matt. "Newton on Kabbalah." In The Books of Nature and Scripture: Recent Essays on Natural Philosophy, Theology, and Biblical Criticism in the Netherlands of Spinoza's Time and the British Isles of Newton's Time, edited by James E. Force and Richard H. Popkin. Dordrecht, 1994.

Idel, Moshe. Kabbalah: New Perspectives. New Haven, 1988.

——. "The Magical and Neoplatonic Interpretations of the Kabbalah in the Renaissance." In Jewish Thought in the Sixteenth Century, edited by Bernard Dov Cooperman, pp. 186–242. Cambridge, Mass., 1983.

Journal des Études de la Cabale. Available at http://www.chez.com/jec2/

Katz, Jacob. Jews and Freemasons in Europe, 1723–1939. Translated by Leonard Oschry. Cambridge, Mass., 1970.

Krabbenhoft, Kenneth. "Kabbalah and Expulsion: The Case of Abraham Cohen de Herrera." In The Expulsion of the Jews 1492 and After, edited by Raymond B. Waddington and Arthur H. Williamson, pp. 127–146. New York, 1994.

Liebes, Yehuda. Studies in the Zohar. Translated by Arnold Schwartz, Stephanie Nakache, and Penina Peli. Albany, N.Y., 1993.

Ruderman, David. Kabbalah, Magic and Science: The Cultural Universe of a Sixteenth Century Jewish Physician. Cambridge, Mass., 1988.

——. "Science, Medicine, and Jewish Culture in Early Modern Europe." The Spiegel Lecture in European Jewish History. Tel Aviv University, 1987.

Scholem, Gershom. Kabbalah. New York, 1974.

——. Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism. New York, 1954.

——. On the Kabbala and Its Symbolism. Translated by Ralph Manheim. New York, 1965.

——. "Zur Geschichte der Anfänge der christlichen Kabbala." In Essays Presented to Leo Baeck on the Occasion of His Eightieth Birthday, pp. 158–193. London, 1954.

Secret, François. Le Zohar chez les Kabbalistes chrétiens de la Renaissance. Paris, 1958.

Tishby, Isaiah. The Wisdom of the Zohar: An Anthology of Texts. Arranged and rendered into Hebrew by Fischel Lachower and Isaiah Tishby; with introductions and explanations by Isaiah Tishby. Translated by David Goldstein. 3 vols. The Littman Library of Jewish Civilization. Oxford and New York, 1991.

Wirszubski, Chaim. Pico della Mirandola's Encounter with Jewish Mysticism. Cambridge, Mass., 1989.

—ALLISON P. COUDERT

or cabbala or cabbalah or kabala or kabbala or kabbalah, also qabbala or qabbalah
/keh BAH leh/ or /KAH beh leh/
1) a medieval and modern system of Jewish theosophy, mysticism, and thaumaturgy marked by belief in creation through emanation and a cipher method of interpreting Scripture
2a) a traditional, esoteric, occult or secret matter  b) esoteric doctrine or mysterious art

http://www.answers.com/topic/cabala

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 09/24/2008 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Thanks for the information.  That is a lot of information.

Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Hi Pamela, you're welcome sis.  Hope you did not get discouraged by that post in any way, I was worried about that... Do forgive me if I offended you in any way.  I know that you are a sincere Christian and a dear sister to us all.

Occult practices in mainstream religions are more common than most people believe (many that practice such do not necessarily mention the source). We need to be careful about what we accept or consider as truths.

I have since checked out your website link, and kabbalah was not mentioned in anything that I read over there.  But there are some disturbing articles by the same author. For example, an article denying that satan ever rebelled against God, instead he teaches that satan works for God and was created by God for the very purpose and the existence that he now holds.

The author, Mordechai Housman claims in the article  Does Judaism Believe in Satan?

Satan is not, as the Christians think, a rebellious angel. How impossible! The angels are spiritual and holy, without any physical or unholy presence, and the presence of Hashem's holiness permeates them entirely. Angels, unlike humans, are therefore constantly and fully aware of Hashem's Presence everywhere. Could you stay dry in the ocean? An angel could not stop being holy, and can do no wrong. There is holiness everywhere in Creation, everywhere in the universe, and angels are made of the same thing. An angel could not stop serving G-d even if he tried.

Furthermore, humans have Satan to tempt us. Angels have no Satan to tempt them. Who would be Satan's Satan? An ultra-Satan?

The truth is that Satan has a job to do, just like every other angel. And angels have no free will. They do as Hashem commands them.

--------
So now we have to revise our understanding of Satan. Satan is not a fallen angel. Satan is merely an angel with a dirty job. Satan does not have a rival kingdom. Satan is not in competition with G-d, and Satan does not want followers or worshipers. He's not even happy when people obey him and sin.

Satan is the angel who tempts us, and the angel who prosecutes us in Heaven. He is also the Angel of Death. The angel who tries to make us sin is the same angel who accuses us in the Heavenly Court, and the same angel who carries out the death sentence.

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 09/27/2008 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I know the Jew thing really different then us but I am not going to let satan have his way.  I am going to fight him.  If they want to welcome his attacks then fine with them but not me.  I am going to put up a fight.

Marjo Richardso

Posted: 09/28/2008 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Yes and we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus!  Isn't it wonderful that we needn't fear the enemy!  He can't have his way with us because Jesus sealed our destinies with His precious blood. 

Greatest of these is love, and love casts out all fear! God bless you Pam!
lisa owens

Posted: 10/01/2008 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

Marjo Richardso, I admie your patients with pam.  That was helpful information.
View lisa owens's Profile Search for other posts by lisa owens
Lynne Grace

Posted: 10/04/2008 at 12:50pm | IP Logged Quote Lynne  Grace

Pam,

The Bible let us know that it is appointed unto men to die but once, and then the Judgement. No reincarnations.

When Jesus said a spirit has not flesh and bone, that's true of all spirits - it wasn't intimating that ghosts and demons are different.

The fallen beings lie. They entice and deceive. They generally impress with fear or rewards in order to be reckoned. When anything they say or do is gone along with or reacted to, even to be listened to and weighed up, they gain some measure of headship or importance in our thinking. "You are the slave of the one you obey." We mostly don't reckon what royalty we are - even to tap on a shoulder a child of a king is enough to warrant instant punishment for the toucher. Those spirits in that house know this is so, they just know the folks there don't know it. The literal translation of the demons' reactions to Jesus when He Himself was ordering them out of the Gadarene is that they were resisting Him for as long as they could. That's their rebellious nature and their desperation to stay attached instead of roaming around without a body.

It is sufficient that Jesus accesses the Father for us and all His power and protection. No one comes to the Father except via Him - not through deeds, a fattened up spirit, or the Tenach; recall He came to His Jewish people before He ever reached us Gentiles, and they had all that and yet needed His salvation in order to gain eternal life. Before He ever resurrected, His first priority was to go and preach the gospel to all those Jews held in Hades who hadn't had a chance to hear it yet. This is perhaps the only enumeration of the dimensions after death that He gave - that these ones had been somehow held in waiting till He came.

But the fact is, He came. Salvation is in no other. No one goes to the Father except through Him.

Forget all the info about parts of your spirit; if you're a Christian its all entirely new and now under total Kingdom rule and is 'home free', seated even now in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus where He is. You don't have to oversee the rightful functioning of each facet, you just have to go along with the mind of Christ you've received like a downloaded package, by faith, as you work out your salvation in practical action and worship. He Who has begun a good work in you will bring it to completion...I know in WHOM I have believed and I am persuaded HE's able to keep that which I commit unto Him against that day.."

As for your family in that house, I agree with your heart and the advice others have given - protective prayer for all concerned, and get those little ones out as soon as poss.

Blessings and prayers, you brave and earnest sister.

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 10/14/2008 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Lynne Grace, welcome to OH. Hopefully you won't be offended but I don't agree with the following that you wrote, "if you're a Christian its all entirely new and now under total Kingdom rule ... you just have to go along with the mind of Christ you've received like a downloaded package, by faith, as you work out your salvation in practical action and worship." If that is true about being totally new and under total Kingdom rule, then how come the Church is so screwed up and there are so many Christians living in defeat, pornography, divorced (50%+), compromise, passivity, lukewarmness, voting for candidates that promote and support abortion, are a joke in our nation, etc.? I think it's more than an easy download. Perhaps you can define "work out your salvation in practical action and worship." What would that look like? Are you saying there's no differentiation between our body, soul and spirit?
View Leslie Grewing's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie Grewing

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version