RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Jess Cousineau

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/23/2008 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

I have so many problems!!! I always think God is healing me (which He is) and then I realize I have so many more  I guess God is the only way out of them.
View Jess Cousineau's Profile Search for other posts by Jess Cousineau
Anita Lea

Posted: 09/23/2008 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Jess, satan would have you focus on your "problems" therefore keeping your eyes off Jesus.  Instead of lifting up your problems lift up the name of Jesus!!  love ya Sis!!   

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 09/23/2008 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Thanks Anita 
Ann Doupont

Posted: 09/23/2008 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

Jess,

I know what you mean, though. Healing takes time. The Lord is faithful to take us through them one at a time. There is a time for everything under the sun. Healing is one of those times mentioned in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

Different things happen in different seasons. Anita's right that we're not to focus on our problems. However, from what I've found, there are those times when I've had to look at them long enough to be healed from them. At least, that's what worked for me.

Love,

Ann

Jess Cousineau

Posted: 09/23/2008 at 7:03pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

You know, the one I'm dealing with right now, is I think, that I have a dependant personality disorder. I think I do, becaus, whenever I have a friend, I follow them around everywhere, and I don't feel free to go off on my own. And like, now, there is something wrong with my neck, but because everything in my life feels like it's falling apart, I don't want to do anything, I want someone else to call and make me a doc appointment. I wonder if that's why I want to get married so much lately. Because I want someone to take care of me because everything is falling apart. God, help!!
Ann Doupont

Posted: 09/23/2008 at 9:46pm | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

Well, Sis. Jess,

The Lord makes the best husband ever!! We can follow Him around. When He leads you, those changes you need will be made. Why? For one thing, He won't lead you to follow those other friends around. He'll lead you to Himself instead.

Does God want you to see a doctor or does He want to fix your neck problem Himself? Ask Him.

With the personality disorder you described, if you got married now, there would be problems in your marriage. Ask the Lord to prepare you for the man He has for you and for Him to prepare the man for you. Ask Him to change you to make you ready for when it's time.

Love,

Ann

Jess Cousineau

Posted: 09/24/2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Well, I think originally He told me to go to the doctor but I didn't, but the other night it was bad and I prayed and asked God if I could have a nice, new, straight neck, and I saw a new neck come and go where my neck was! and since then it has actually been better - last night I slept with this pillow that I could not sleep with before because it was too hard and made my neck click and hurt. It was a little sore yesterday, but just like muscle pain. I think the Lord is healing it!!!

K, after reading about the dependant personality thing again, I have some of the points, but not all of them, and some I used to have, so God is obviously healing me of that. So I need to stop focusing on my problems like you both said

Ann Doupont

Posted: 09/24/2008 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

PTL, Jess. Glad to hear the good news, that the Lord is indeed healing you. God is good!

Love,

Ann

Anita Lea

Posted: 09/24/2008 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Amen! Will join in with the prasing of our Wonderful God!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!  It is done!  

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Sandy Phillips

Posted: 10/03/2008 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

Jess, I think God created us to depend on one another........it's inherent....However, He wants us to depend on HIM above anyone or anything.

Sis, I depended greatly on my husband. He is now in Glory and there are times I feel just lost without him. Jesus keeps me reminded that He is a husband to the husbandless.

When we concentrate on Him, then all the "things" we need begin to fall into place in ways we never imagined.

I used to be all consumed by all the bad circumstances surrounding me..........you name it. I used to cry out to the Lord saying "Lord, where are you? don't you care?".........well of course He cares. I was operating in the flesh not the Spirit.

When I finally came to the end of me and just prayed prostrate on the floor "Lord, I just need more of you, Please teach me how to walk in YOUR love"..........that was the beginning to a greater understanding of God and His ways of doing things.

He led me to many scriptures including Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

I zero'd in on the first part of that scripture and said "okay Lord, teach me all there is about delighting myself in the Lord" ( before He began teaching me HOW to fully trust in Him and lay all that is surrounding me at His feet.......Let Go and Let God, I would have meditated on the "He will give you the desires of your heart", part), but since I finally became teachable, He began to teach me How to have victory over this life on earth.

You see, I miss my husband. I depended on him in many ways. He is no longer by my side. The Lord HAS taught me prior to hubby's death to depend on HIM first and foremost and sister, I gotta tell ya, I am so grateful He taught me that.

It's a surrendering of all our own wants and desires and seeking HIS wants and desires. It's amazing how "things" fall into place as we seek first His Kingdom ( His ways of doing things)..............He says if we do this, "all these "things" will be added unto you"...as we seek His Kingdom ways and just do it, our desires begin to change for the better and all our needs will be met.........all in His time. He knows all we have need of and completely capable to perform His Word. So hang on to His every Word as the only REAL truth in your life and you will begin to see such awesome changes.

love, Sandy

okay, now hoping all that made sense. these days I'm not real sure, but these fingers get to typing and then I have to read what I typed........LOL

Praise God for His Holy Spirit and His Power at work within us.

Jess Cousineau

Posted: 10/05/2008 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Thank you Sandy 

I finally got this CD in the mail that I ordered over the internet (Eternity by Misty Edwards) and I am falling in love with Him. I forgot how much I loved Him. I am back at that place now where I don't even want to be married! Like - blech!! I just want the Lord! I wish I could sing. I'd sing those songs! But I can't

Lord I love You!!!!!!
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 10/05/2008 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Well, mostly can't. I can sort of. I love singing.  And music. And mostly God though. He's so awsome. He makes life come alive! 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version