RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Jess Cousineau

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/10/2008 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Can you have evil spirits if you are Spirit-filled?
View Jess Cousineau's Profile Search for other posts by Jess Cousineau
Mandy Gay

Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Hi Jess,

The way I understand it that any part of us that is not submitted to the Lord is open to attack by evil spirits.  I think the Bible uses the term "tormented" by evil spirits.  I'm not sure whether it talks about being possessed in the way that its used today.

When you say Spirit-filled, I wonder how many of us are actually filled!!!  What I mean, is that there can be many parts to us that we don't realise we haven't given to Him yet.  For example, if we have fear in a certain area, then that's evidence that part of us isn't trusting in God's ways.  Another example would be unforgiveness.  If we are being unforgiving toward someone then we are not submitted to God's ways in this.  In such cases I would question how Spirit-filled we are.  I think the term Spirit-filled can mislead people.  Its only by walking in step with the Spirit that we can ensure that the enemy has nothing on us.

With love, Mandy

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

K, thanks that is helpful  I wondered, because the other day I was reading scripture outloud of when Jesus commanded the mute spirit to leave a man, and when I read that part, I felt, almost, like a spirit left me. And I have always been a very, very quiet person, but even when I want to speak. And after that I found myself being more talkative...
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:51am | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Even once, I did feel actually mute, when I was having an ultrasound, and it was sooo painful, and I couldn't tell her I was in pain. So I had to, eventually, just start sitting up, which alerted the nurse and she took over (it was a student nurse, and I was just about to start nursing school)
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Jess,

That is a neat testimony.  thanks for sharing it!  It may help others.  Reach out for deliverance... it goes way beyond theology.  I like what John Wimber used to say about Christians having demons.  He wouldn't say they are "possessed" or "obsessed" or anything like that...he'd just say that they were "demonized." 

All I know, I've cast lots of demons out of good Spirit filled Saints!

Blessings,

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 10/18/2008 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I witness my brother in law and husband manifesting demons once.  My brother in law claim to be a Christian and manifested a demon, it actually spoke though him and my husband spoke in tongues, was spirit filled and a demon manifested though him.  He actually crawl under the bed and lifted the matress up and growled.

This is so confusing when you hear people say that Christains can not be demon possess. 

The important thing is to be filled with the Spirit everyday.  Its not much different then charging your cell phone.  You need to charge up on the Holy Ghost everyday to keep the devil and evil spirits away.

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Ralph Pedersen

Posted: 10/18/2008 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote Ralph Pedersen

there is no way Christains can be demon possess.  because Holy Spirit  inside Christains and therefor Demons cannot go inside Christains. however, demons can obsessed Christains.

as long as you have Holy Spirit (which is Holy) in you, and demons (which is sins and evil) cannot go in you. Holy and sin don't mix. just as driving and drinking don't mix.

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 10/19/2008 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Can you give me scriptures on this Ralph.  Sometimes we can be lead astray by doctrines not back with scriptures.  I witness two christians who manifested demons.  One Christian the demon spoke though.  On less these men were lying about their salvation.  But my ex husband ( who was my boyfriend) at the time accepted Jesus and was delivered from drugs  and spoke in tongues and still manifested a demon one night when we were worshiping.

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 10/23/2008 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

A born again Christian that is Spirit-filled can have areas in his/her life that involve demonic harassment where the enemy of their soul/spirit has legal authority to mess with them. That "messing" can be fear, rejection, sickness, poverty and on and on we can go. We can be responsible for the demonic activity in our lives because of overt or covert sin in our lives or we can have this demonic activity that has come down through our generational lines. If Christians aren't "messed with demonically" and if everything was taken care of when they got saved or filled with the Holy Spirit, then there would be no screwed up, defeated Believers. But, we can all agree that we and pretty much everyone else that believes have screwed up areas in their lives where they don't have the victory. It's a process or becoming who we were intended to be. However, the enemy tries to get folks to either believe there is no enemy and no battle or that there's an enemy behind every bush and rock. The more we become like Jesus, the more we move into the Holy of Holies and live there, the less the enemy will be able to mess with us. We do not have to live lives of torment. A really nice revelation to ask for is the revelation that the entity on the throne in Revelations 4 is the lover of your soul, your papa, the One who will accomplish those things that concern you (Psl 139 somewhere). However, it takes work with the assistance of others wherein we come to terms with the undone areas in our lives. I don't believe it can be done alone. In fact, I'll bet good money it can't be done alone. However, there will be folks that insist that they have done it by themselves, but I'll have to say that they're living in a delusion. It takes living in relationships, being vulnerable, processing with members of the Body to come to a place of wholeness.
View Leslie Grewing's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie Grewing
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 10/24/2008 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

thats a valuable post Leslie... thanks...
I know I'm swimming in problems at the moment... I feel defeated. course the Lord is starting something new in my life also, so maybe He will help me out of this... I feel like I have no confidence
I wonder how others can help? I don't really have much contact with people
Course on Sunday this lady Joan came and talked to me about my schooling. I hadn't seen her there in about a year (I forgot what she looked like ) and she was a nurse before she got married. It was like a divine appointment because of where I was sitting and I didn't exit the church immediatly after service like I usually do because I felt tired and wanted to sit there for a bit. She's like the only person I know at church. Her, and Brent, who wanted to go out with me before, but I turned him down and now he's engaged to someone so he doesn't talk to anymore (lol, God bless him ).
Oh and I know this dear old man who always says hi to me but I forget his name (I'm so bad for that).
But anyways. I don't meet new people very often.
I love my church
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 10/24/2008 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

actually I don't remember how long it had been since I saw Joan I was just guessing like a year/?? maybe more?
and of course I have contact with my family (my mom and dad, and my bro Dave 29, and Ben 24)
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 10/25/2008 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Jess, are there any Sunday school classes at your church? I'd suggest you consider getting involved in one of those because it will offer a greater opportunity to meet folks. Just going to Sunday services doesn't usually offer a very good opportunity to really get to know folks. Or how about home cell groups? That's a good place to get to know folks in a more personal manner. It's hard not to have friends. It's a lonely place. "Father, would you please bring Jess a friend? You know how your girlies need friends. Please bring her a wonderful friend to share her life and who is a lover of You."
View Leslie Grewing's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie Grewing
DeanRosse

Posted: 10/28/2008 at 8:57am | IP Logged Quote DeanRosse

the way i understand it is, a christian cannot be demon possesed but can be opressed. Paul explained he had a thorn in his side to torment him.

1 Cor 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

View DeanRosse's Profile Search for other posts by DeanRosse

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version