RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: I’m Truly Bothered!...is it me? or is something completely WRONG? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Celeste Wilson

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12/10/2008 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

I had some time on my hands and figured I should just write about something of great concern to me and to my God.  The world of Christendom has been plagued with legions of rampant vicissitudes.  Many of our "kingdom" leaders have both "openly" and/or "privately" submitted themselves to fulfilling lusts of the flesh, i.e., adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lying, cheating, deceiving, and the list goes on.  While this issue is not an issue with ALL “kingdom” workers, it’s safe to say that it is among the masses.  The sad thing that their minds have been warped into believing that "it's ok,...God knows my heart".

I recently had the opportunity to speak with one pastor who told me that in order to be "accepted" in the realm of "kingdom" leaders, there is often a lot of pressure to be open to performing acts of perversion.  There's a stigmatism of good ole boy syndrome "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch my back”, or, "I won't tell if you don't tell".  This is not only among the community of our male leaders, but female as well.  Many leaders have gotten so laxed into thinking that we are invincible.  How do you shepherd over a flock, declaring the unadulterated Word of God, through an unclean vessel?  Do you feel that you don't have to answer to God concerning the many souls who received the "transfer" of your unclean spirit?  Those souls who have been exposed to your double lifestyle and feel that if you can do it, then they can do it.  Is it all a joke or what!! How long do you really expect to live?  I am truly BOTHERED!

Just recently, I dated a young pastor of a relatively large congregation, who appeared to be a God-fearing man of the cloth. I later found out that he only wore the holy garment, but the intents of his heart were otherwise. He expected me, a single, God-fearing woman, to be alright performing certain sexual favors for him. He had arranged it in his mind that he would be able to fly me into whatever city he would be preaching in and meet him at a hotel after he preaches and stay with him. He was very open, unphased, and even criticized me for thinking something is wrong with this picture. I was truly BOTHERED!

I also had the opportunity to speak with a fellow constituent who had accepted a position of being an armor bearer to his pastor. In accepting the position, he was manipulated into believing that sexual favors came along with servant hood...thus, he engaged in homosexual activities with the pastor, whom he served. A young lady also confided in me and told me that in serving one the "Famous" female "kingdom" leaders, she was actually "turned-out" to the lifestyle of a lesbian.

I'll be the first to say that I'm not perfect; neither do I expect our "kingdom" leaders to be. We are all flawed individuals and are tempted on every hand. I understand that God covers a multitude of sin, and He is the judge who sits on the throne. I don't put our leaders up on a pedestal, but, it is my belief that when sin is intentionally habitual, calculated and scheduled, do you expect God to turn His face? Shepherds are placed to lead and protect the flock...to HELP keep from stumbling or falling. I truly believe that God is truly BOTHERED!!

It is my prayer that, we, as children of God, go back to the altar and take introspect and ask God to purge us again. We not only carry Word in our heart, but the souls of many whose eyes are upon us to be their example. This note is not intended to bash, defame, nor tear down any of our leaders. But, help bring about a change in the way that we do things. It sickens me when I hear about "kingdom" leaders who have fallen from grace. I pray for their restoration but also for change in their mindset. Those of us who do not fall into this category, please, let's cover one another in prayer.

I'm Truly Bothered!...is it me? Or is something completely WRONG? Thanks for allowing me to think out loud.

Edited by Celeste Wilson on 12/10/2008 at 1:24pm

View Celeste Wilson's Profile Search for other posts by Celeste Wilson
Anita Lea

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hello Sister Celeste Welcome to OH !  No you are not completely wrong and I am bothered too.  It amazes me how the Saints of God worry about what people think about them and not God!!  He is the one that truly matters.  It's like they think "Well I know the people can't see what I am doing  behind closed doors."  What????  Who cares what man sees!  It is what God sees that is important.  It is pleasing our precious Father that matters!!  Who cares if certain people don't like us or talk about us.  As long as we are in the will of Abba Father what does it matter???  I feel the same way you do!  You are not alone and I too am bothered.  Where is the holy life???     How can someone do one thing in private and a totally different thing in public??  If Saints want to impress me, show me the way you live behind closed.  You know what the lord told me about 2 years ago on this subject?  He told me that there is no reverent fear for Him.  That's the problem!  Well Sister, I have reverent fear for the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL!!  He is my all in all and my life is based on pleasing HIM!  Thank you so much for posting your concerns and know that you are not alone!!  God bless you Sister!!

Edited by Anita Lea on 12/10/2008 at 1:49pm

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

Thanks so much for confirming the word!  God bless you!

lisa owens

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 2:52pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

I can't believe people live like that!! That is so crazy!!... ha ha ha ha ha. If a man would have expected that of me, I would have spazed out on him in the word. I would have been flipping up-in-there. With your unholy self, dont get me started... ha ha ha ha. let me stop.  But yea...That's just downright direspectful to GOD. It angers me. 
View lisa owens's Profile Search for other posts by lisa owens
Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

Yes!!! And it seems like its getting worse too!!! Seems like just about every other day you hear about some foolishness like this! It's praying time!

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Celeste... if you can get hold of the DVD portraying the life of Lonnie Frisbee and watch that, there is a comment made on it by Chuck Smith JR of Calvary Chapel.. where he admits that there is RAMPANT homosexuality among many in the male leadership of the church... I dont' know why hearing that surprised me? but it did.

I was part of a big named ministry in the early 1980's... and I can recount to you some horrors that went on... when the abuse was exposed, the leadership of the Southern California Assembly of God Superintendant Bob Rogers, was to simply sweep it under the rug and persecute the girl who exposed the whole dealings...

Honestly, I have been more 'abused' in my life at the hands of so called 'christian leadership' and 'christians't than I ever had at the hands of the unsaved.... which is why I am far more comfortable with the lost and dying than I am amongs the wolves in sheeps clothing sitting in a pew....

Father God expose the ungodly acts that are transpiring in the various churches and ministries... bring everything into the open, and into the light and deliver those involved, set free those who are captive and truly desire to be released and set free ... Amen!

Anita Lea

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 5:10pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Amen Sister Julie!!!  Amen!!!

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 12/10/2008 at 5:25pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Celeste, I just have one issue with your post. That is that you refer to these people as kingdom leaders. By that I am sure you mean the kingdom of God. They may be church leaders or ministry leaders or "Christian" leaders but I can assure you they have no place of leadership in the real kingdom of God. The real kingdom leaders are pure holy men and women of God most of whom we would probably not know their names if we heard them.

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin
Coordinator OpenHeaven.com

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 12/11/2008 at 8:38am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron Warne

Posted: 12/11/2008 at 6:02am | IP Logged Quote Ron Warne

I've been doing a study on Ezekiel 38,39 - the Gog and Magog war.  I believe this is next on the prophetic calendar, when the Muslim and Russian forces from the north invade Israel and also attack the United States.  Interesting, when God talks to these armies, God says He will "vindicate His holiness" (amplified) or "I shall be sanctified" (NAS).  Is it because of the testimony of the western church and the distorted Gospel of prosperity and the seeker-friendly we have spread internationally that God thinks it necessary to have to restore honor to His own name? 

I'm just musing out-loud too.

Bro. Ron Warne 

Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/11/2008 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!  You are so right!! My God, what is going on with your people??  These people and not workers of the "kingdom", they are counterfeit!

jaketribble

Posted: 12/11/2008 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote jaketribble

Celeste, just as Ron said, these men and women are not 'leaders' in the Kingdom of God, as you have learned from listening to God's Spirit. They are building kingdoms for themselves, and this disgusts the Lord. HE is tearing down those kingdoms, as we are seeing that happening now. Those who have followed those deceiving leaders of the kingdom of darkness, must search God's WORD to find the Truth, for they have been fed lies, and many will reap in their bodies the fruit of their lusts.
True leaders in the Kingdom of God, live lives that are seamless. Continually before the Throne, not only for their own strength and direction, but also for those who they instruct and minister alongside.
We have God's Spirit to guide us as we discern the intentions of those who would be leaders. We must not be swept away by those whose false doctrines and lifestyles do not in anyway come in line with God's WORD.
I pray that you have found OH to be a place where you can connect with True builders of the Kingdom of God and grow in your walk of Faith.
If you haven't yet read some of Dr. Ron's articles on Kingdom Principles, I would suggest that you take the time to do so.
Agreeing that we must pray for those who need to be restored, and also that they repent and seek HIS face.

For HIS Glory,
Jake

View jaketribble's Profile Search for other posts by jaketribble Visit jaketribble's Homepage
Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/11/2008 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

Thanks so much Jake!

jaketribble

Posted: 12/11/2008 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote jaketribble

And to Celeste and Ron, I welcome you both to OH.
A separating of the wheat from the tares is taking place all around the world.
Believers in Christ must stand together, united in our Love for one another.
As Bro. Ron says,
Keep on pursuing Love, it never fails.

Agape endures forever, Christ Jesus Reigns Eternal.
For HIS Glory,
Jake
View jaketribble's Profile Search for other posts by jaketribble Visit jaketribble's Homepage
Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/11/2008 at 7:33am | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

Ahhh....thanks so much!

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Celeste and Hi Ron... Welcome!

There IS a remnant who have not bowed to the false altars of Baal!  God is raising them up right now!  The "Greatest Awakening Ever!" is about to be released and the True Church, the Bride of Christ will be prepared to welcome Her Babies!

Keep pressing in... God's shaking everything that can be shaken so that only His unshakable Kingdom may remain!

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pat Huff

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote Pat Huff

Now you've got me "bothered", Celeste. I have only heard of some isolated incidents and didn't know these problems were so widespread as you seem to indicate. Maybe that might be why I haven't felt any kind of a leading to attend church in over 10 years, beside being a good distance from a "kingdom" church. I just can't understand why a leader would not know better.
View Pat Huff's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Huff
Julie Gilbert

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Yes there is an awakening coming however, there is also coming a GREAT exposure of the apostate condition of religious people ... the church system needs to die ... and the Kingdom of God needs to come forth.

My friend recently attended a Foursquare church locally where he has attended for a few years. The pastor is the brother of a hugely famous TV preacher.  He stood up and told the congregation that they were $250,000 short of their budget for November... and then proceeded to talk about how "he" (the Pastor) is the "CEO" of that church.  My friend said that when he got out of service and got to his car, he was so grieved in heart he asked the Lord what on earth was up with that and God spoke to him and told him he was RELEASED and to NEVER return!! So, he freely walked away and feels like a huge weight has been lifted off him ....

I have biblically never heard of a Pastor being refered to as a CEO of a church, doesn't exist in my copy  ... unless the whole concept now of 'church' is a business model, which means everything such as a business would be, that answers why churches are programs and void of the Spirit. I have no reference from Jesus in the Word of God about a church being run as a business, with the Pastor as a CEO... I do see, however, Jesus' attitude towards those who used God's house as a market place and that wasn't too good for those who were 'merchandising'... lol

The Spirit of the Fear of the Lord is becoming more real in the lives of believers. This is part of God's Kingdom drawing near. As in the Book of Acts, we will again see the precious Spirit doing a work in the lives of TRUE end times remnant people of God's KINGDOM... and dealing with those who think they can harbor sin, deception and who are counterfeit. Those who wish to remain CEO's of their 'churches' and stay 'career pastors' will be granted their desires... they  might even have a full house... but I do not believe that they will find they have a "Goshen" covering of protection in these end times, as the chasm of demarcation of  true and false grows greatly expanded.

The 'church system age' is over for end times remnant believers. We have been directed to 'come out from among them and be ye seperate' ... and there are more that are coming out and entering into the true Kingdom. God will join and unite these into the Body of Christ, they will become 'living stones' and honestly, they won't fit in the 'church system' ... they will remain 'outside the camp' so to speak yet are perfectly in God's will.

I pray that exposure comes quickly in the days ahead... we are to 'have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather EXPOSE THEM'.  It will happen, but for those who are judging themselves now.. who are falling on the Rock now to be broken... there will be nothing to expose... for the Spirit has already done a greatly deep work in us.

Even so Lord Jesus COME QUICKLY!! Maranatha!

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Julie,

You tell a sad story as well!  Oh God... send Your Fire!

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

I too, have found it difficult to attend church.  When I try to visit churches, I feel as though I am an alien because the presence of the Lord is not there.  Yes, I see people going through the motion of Praise and Worship, and delivering the word, but there a stink in the atmosphere.  I see nothing but FLESH!  I leave and never return. 

I'm so glad that you brought this up, because I thought I was sort of like in a back slidden state since I don't have a church home.  I've cried a many days because I don't fit in.....I thought it was just me!

Anita Lea

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Sister Celeste you are not alone in feeling that way about church as usual!  I haven't been in a building now for almost a year.  But I am always in the presence of God!  Get what I am saying??  We are the church.  We should carry the presence wherever we go.  I know that we should not forsake the assembly of others but gosh I am in the middle of nowhere!  I will not go to a dead church and we have plenty of them around here!  I haven't been led to go to any church and don't feel guilty one bit.  Others have tried to make me feel guilty but they can't put that weight on me in Jesus name!  If God wants me in a church He will lead me.  We travel alot and He has always been faithful to put me in a church.  So because I am not in a building now is it because He has forsaken me??  NO!  Has he decided not to lead me anymore?? NO  Don't feel guilty Sister.  That is satan's favorite game.  He knows he can't have us so now his favorite passtime for Saints of God is to make them feel unworthy and guilty.  Like "You're not in the Word enough."  or "You don't pray enough."  haha  The devil is a liar.  You are blessed and highly favored Sister.  Don't let the enemy rent space in your mind!!!  love ya Sister!!

P. S.  You are beautiful!!  Love your picture!!

Anita Lea

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Sister Jules your testimony grieved my spirit.  Thanks for sharing that.  I just want to cry!!

Celeste Wilson

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote Celeste Wilson

thanks so much Sis. Anita...and thanks for the compliment too :-)

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Hey Larry... that is all past history now... and after A LOT of personal counseling over the years, (even a week at Elijah House in Post Falls, ID.) the Lord has done an incredible healing and deliverance and restoration in my heart and life.

I have forgiven the men in the system leadership who acted against the Word and they are in God's hands now. Perhaps, He has graciously humbled and exposed them, turned them from the wickedness of their ways and they are serving Him within the "KINGDOM" in His righteousness rather than from building their own ministries and church and living for themselves?  That would be my greatest desire... 

For now, I have very little toleration of abuse in any format and since God has gotten me completely OUT of the system of church I am must happier. He is also much better at supplying needs for me and my family as I am a single mom. I truly have no need of 'man' because I have Jesus... yet I am happy to be 'inter-dependent' with my fellow believers who are truly walking as end times remnant believers... I still prefer the 'sinners' so that what God has done for me, can be done in and for them ... all glory to Him Who is and was and is to come!

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Anita... I give God praise for what He allowed me to go through in my life... NONE of that is grevious to me now because He has turned it around and made it all work together for good in my life and to benefit others (what the enemy meant for harm God means for good that MANY LIVES WOULD BE SAVED!!).

What is grevious is that there are men (and women) out there in the body of Christ now, professing to be His disciples, who are abusing the sheep... who are in it for their own selfish gain... the Bible talks a lot about these types, but I believe in this time coming that God is going to be radically shaking these folks and exposing all the hidden corruption.. there is being a line drawn now and those who think they can continue in sin and still play the part, will be greatly humiliated and brought low... hopefully then they shall repent and truly turn to the Living God...

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

You know I get email from around the country, almost daily about people who are staying away from the Church (or least the system created by man)!  Many are gathering together themselves, meeting in their homes,  and I have the great pleasure of working with many of them in this. 

If ever anyone is interesting in getting something going in their area, give me a shout.

Anita Lea

Posted: 12/12/2008 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Amen Sister Jules.  We have to go through to get to!  I guess I was talking about that man in that church that left. (wasn't your testimony)  I put it wrong! lol  love ya Sister!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version