RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: God Told Me.... Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/28/2009 at 3:24am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Larry's Musings for Saturday Feb. 28: "God told me...."

"Larry, God told me to leave the church and attend another church," the lady told me.  I asked her, "Is there anything wrong with our church?"  Her answer was, "No, but the Lord told me to move on."  My response, "Why?"  Then she said, "I don't know why, He just told me it was time to move on."  All of the while, during this conversation, I had a sick feeling in my spirit.  I knew that she was not hearing from God at all!  However, I learned long ago that when someone comes at you with, "God told me," there is not much you can do about it. 

I had to wonder how much counsel this woman had on her decision to leave the church.  I know that she certainly didn't consult with Corinne or I or for that matter, any other members of the church leadership team.  You know I really believe that the spirit of deception is working very hard in the ranks of the older, more mature Christians these days.  We all have to be careful about acting on the voices and dreams that we have.  In seeking direction, the good advice is to get advice!  Check out important decisions with those who can give you wise counsel and are not just "yes men/women!" 

The Bible states that in making accusations against elders in the church, it should be done with the input of two or three witnesses.  "Let every word be established by two or three witnesses!"  Let's hold the same standard in judging those directional prophetic words we get, the directional dreams and impressions we get, before we actually follow through with them.

God give your Body the gift of discernment.  We need it Lord!  I need it Lord!

Blessings~ ls

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Mandy Gay

Posted: 02/28/2009 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

However, I learned long ago that when someone comes at you with, "God told me," there is not much you can do about it. 

I often wonder how many things have been reportedly said by God which never were.  The thought puts fear into me (a good reverential fear) and is causing me to be oh so much more careful.

Love Mandy

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 02/28/2009 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Mandy,

I agree!  We need to be so careful with "God told me."  We especially need to take great care in our prophetic words to others, when we say, "thus says the Lord!"  See, God doesn't make mistakes.  We do!  I like to say, "I sense that the Lord is saying...."  That way we're not painted into a corner!

Blessings!

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03/03/2009 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

The only reason for moving or doing anything for the sons of God is that they see and hear by the Spirit and do what they see their Father doing. The age old deception of clergy and laity continues to hinder and confuse the movement of following the Spirit of God. Natural emotions and feelings enter into the equation and cloud our ability to clearly hear and obey.

Christians often hide the real and show a false in order to sustain a relationship in the local church body and please the father of the house. Most become good at lying and attempting to deceive by not revealing the truth to brothers and sisters to maintain a level of civility or really a false unity.

House fathers sometimes feel so much pain at the loss of house children as they move that they may have trouble hearing the Lord clearly. House children may be led of God to move on to get the next part. If most house fathers had their way, no daughters or sons would ever marry and leave home.

Hearing and obeying God is primary in our being led by Christ Jesus our Head. We should always be able to truthfully say "God said." Believers should all be hearing and obeying God by the Spirit. The problem is when through deception or from manipulation one says "God said" when it is truly their human spirit driven by personal desires or needs that is speaking to them.

Counsel of brothers and sisters is good to help if they are hearing God. However, if they have some human emotional investment in the situation their advice can be confusing and even misleading. The end of the matter thus becomes following the Spirit in selecting who among brothers and sisters that you listen to and who you do not.

Feeling someone you love pulling away from you is the deepest form of painful loneliness. There is not much difference if the pulling away is of the Lord or not. It still feels painful loss as if part of our heart is being cut away. This becomes a great opportunity for being further reduced of self and being further completed in the reality of the love of Jesus. However, it also can become a time of discouragement and fear. It depends only on whether we run to the Lord or hide from Him. If we run to Him, He becomes our everything and we are even more filled with His love and humility in full assurance that all is well with our souls. If we hide in our shame we enter the potential of depression as fear that everyone will leave us all alone as a total failure in serving God and being what he desired for us to be.

This always reveals our self focus and the dependency on others rather that our complete dependency on Christ Jesus and our Father through the Spirit. If there is no one and nothing left but Jesus we can move on in the powerful love and strength (grace) of God into the kingdom of God reality with no place for the enemy to get a hook in us in any way. We always have a home in Jesus and we always have life everlasting filled with peace in His presence.

Much love and blessing to all,

Ron
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Gayle Getz

Posted: 03/03/2009 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

Thanks Brother for TRUTH here, I likin' this to 'drinking a smoothie' only it was in the spiritual sense. Ya know how good-tastin' they are in the natural,,,well this was like tasting MORE of the LORD as I read this and HE is OH SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! GOD BLESS you and yours RICHLY my Brother. Love you ALL-prayin' & decreein' & rejoicin'-I decree, "let the PEACE OF CHRIST rule in your hearts & minds, my Brothers & Sisters and refuse(resist the devil and he has to flee) to worry about anything-HALLELUJAH TO KING JESUS WHO CAUSES US TO TRIUMPH OVER ALL THE WORKS OF THE ENEMY!!! \o/  TY JESUS!

richard gilman

Posted: 03/11/2009 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote richard gilman

Larry i agree that such deception does occur.. But also as prevalent is something called mind control which the pastors and leaders of today will answer to the LORD for. I have had people come to me and tell them thier pastor cursed them because they Felt God told them to move to another place. My spirit bore witness to the truth of thier story.. I find this is a key in discerning true sheperdly concern from mind control, i tell a person once and then pray for God to lead them. If my flesh wants me to go and rebuke them, instruct them (beat them over the head with the word) then i am in a wrong spirit..

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/11/2009 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Richard,

AMEN!!!

ls

richard gilman

Posted: 03/12/2009 at 6:07am | IP Logged Quote richard gilman

Father i agree with brother larrys heart prayer that this person come into alignment with your will LORD, we want and desire your best for them.. I bind the spirit of seduction in Jesus name, You cause all things to work together for good LORD, help good to come from this. I pray crop failure to the negative seeds sowed,  i ask you remove all bitter roots in their lives and fill every void in thier lives with your presence and peace..Mercy triumphs over judgement LORD, restore to total shalom and security your precious sheep...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version