OpenHeaven.com Forum : Old Kingdom/Revival/Apostolic Articles 2002 - 2007
Subject Topic: Evening Lights - By Pamela Hatheway Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/16/2009 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Evening Lights - By Pamela Hatheway

Spiritually sensitive individuals all over the globe are recognizing that there has been a shift in the heavenly realm. Some say it took place January 1, 2000 others date it back to 1996, still more point to January 1, 2001. I am not sure when exactly the page of the calendar actually turned. It is not my purpose to debate that issue. The important point is not to dispute WHEN it happened, it is recognize THAT it happened, a NEW DAY has begun.

For it will be a unique day which is known to the Lord, neither day or night, but it will come about at EVENING TIME there will be LIGHT. (Zechariah 14:7)

In 2 Peter 3:8 the Bible says that a thousand years are as a day to the Lord. We have entered a new millenium, the third from the time when Jesus physically walked on this earth, and the seventh from Adam. The full significance of this period of history has yet to be revealed. What we know is this Third Day is a day marked by NEW WINE and FRESH OIL and an ABUNDANCE of GRAIN (Hosea 2:21-22; Joel 2:19).

• The Third Day is a day of visitation, and even more a day of habitation as the Temple of God is completed (Ezra 6:15) and the Lord comes make His permanent dwelling place among men (Revelation 21:3).

• This Third Day is a day of fulfillment as the Church of Jesus Christ takes her destined place beside her Heavenly Bridegroom (Esther 5:1-3).

• It is a day of ultimate conquest as we come victoriously into our own promised lands (Joshua 1:11).

• And finally this Third Day is a day of Resurrection for the Corporate Body of Christ (John 2:19-21). As the Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead "quickens" our mortal bodies, enabling us and empowering us, to escape the realm of our earth (flesh), and walk in the newness of life through the power, authority and glory of the risen and unobstructed Christ.

How is it that we can proclaim this New Day in the face current global political unrest? How can the ministry responsibly declare this New Day when fear and hopelessness and utter darkness seem to be at the fore?

We must look beyond circumstances. We must look at the patterns laid out in the scriptures. "It is the Glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter." (Proverbs 25)

To put this all in context, we must recognize that the days of the Jewish calendar are rendered slightly different from ours. In the biblical tradition each day begins at sundown and ends the following sundown. In Genesis, this truth is exemplified in the creation story, ?And there was evening and there was morning, a THIRD DAY.?(Genesis 1:13)

I recently discussed this concept with a Jewish colleague, to help gain further insight into the tradition. She told me that the celebration of Sabbath as well as EVERY MAJOR FEAST of Israel BEGINS IN THE EVENING. The more Orthodox Jewish households begin their evening meal at exactly 72 minutes past the setting of the sun. Upon further inquiry, I found this 72 minutes corresponds to the time when three lights (stars) are clearly visible in the heavens. This practice is known as putting a "hedge around the Sabbath?, a safety mechanism of the more Orthodox so the declaration and celebration of Sabbath and Feast Days does not begin prematurely.

I do not want to make arbitrary doctrines based on numerology however I would like to submit it to your prayerful consideration. 12 x 6 = 72. It is commonly understood that 12 is the biblical number of government (i.e. 12 tribes, 12 disciples) and 6 represents the number of man. As the calendar turned with the setting of the sun, we mark the end of the second day from Christ, the sixth day from Adam; the end of the day of man; man's government; man's rule.

As we see the three stars rise in the east, we recognize that they are given to us as a sign (Genesis 1: 14). They are the sign declaring the commencement of the New Day and ultimately the New Feast, and ultimately a New Order. These three stars are representative of the three-fold anointing of Jesus Christ as Priest, Prophet and King. We are reminded that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world, (John 8:12) He is the Day Star (2 Peter 1:19) and He is the Sun of Righteousness (Malachi 4:2). The Seraphim recognized this three-fold anointing as they cried to one another in antiphonal chorus "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts, the whole earth is full of His Glory." (Isaiah 6:3)

In addition to the revelation of the fullness of Jesus Christ, our Head, we, the Body, on this THIRD DAY of resurrection, will also be "unearthed" or "brought to light" in our own three-fold anointing. We function as Priests in our worship to Him, Prophets in declaration of Him and Kings in our position as joint heirs with Him. We share His Glory as the Light of the world.

"Watchman, how far gone is the night?"
"Watchman, how far gone is the night?"
The watchman says, "Morning comes, but also night."
(Isaiah 21:11-12)

"For it will be a unique day which is known to the Lord, neither day or night, but it will come about at EVENING TIME there will be LIGHT." (Zechariah 14:7)

We have crossed the threshold and declare the advent of the New Day, what we see around us may appear dark. It is this darkness that actually forms the canvas upon which He is to be seen. He stands in total contrast to the darkness (1 John 1:5), like a clear diamond displayed on a black velvet pad, and the whole earth is to witness His Glory as it is revealed through His people.

"Arise, shine; for your light is come and the Glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold darkness will cover the earth and a deep darkness the peoples; But the Lord will rise upon you and His glory will appear upon you and the nations will come to your light and the kings to the brightness of your rising." (Isaiah 60:1-3)

If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly.
pamhath@nbnet.nb.ca

Edited by Moderator on 10/16/2009 at 1:11pm
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version