Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
OpenHeaven.com Forum : OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
Subject Topic: OpenHeaven.com Digest December 09, 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 12/09/2010 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Worldwide Kingdom Awakening News and Views

Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Issue
1. Worship in Spirit and Truth
2. Divine Authority

Top News Headlines

Subscribe to OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. Worship in Spirit and Truth
By Ron McGatlin
There is need in the Body to experience walking in pure worship. Worshiping God is one of the primary purposes of our creation. Across the broad Body of Christ, there are varied ideas as to what worship really is. Without getting into definitions and teachings, there needs to be a clear sound from the Spirit regarding this important and valuable privilege and responsibility. My intention here is to speak a word of encouragement and clarification from my heart, personal experience, and hopefully from the Spirit.
There are probably many forms or styles of activities that are called worship. Personally I am familiar with only two major forms of what is called worship. I have learned not to speak beyond my experience to judge another’s servant or experience.
When I was involved in evangelical Baptist and fundamental Bible churches, worship meant attending a Sunday morning church service listening to an evangelistic or teaching type sermon, singing a few hymns, announcements, a pastoral prayer, perhaps some special music, offering, and an invitation. There was also talking with friends afterwards and shaking the preachers hand on the way out. All of this plus Sunday school was accomplished usually in a little over two hours weekly.
When I later became involved in Charismatic type of churches, the concept of worship became different and included praise. The terms praise and worship came to mean a lengthy period of demonstrative music-driven singing, lifting of hands, and lively physical responses that may include jumping, dancing, or shouting praises to God. It might also involve seasons of very serene kneeling or lying face down in intimate communion with God. Mostly there was little or no organized choreographing but an effort to just move with the Spirit’s leading. The music and singing could build to a high crescendo and move to a soft sweet melodious harmony of singing in unknown tongues. At times it could become like and engine of strong and forceful rhythm-based spiritual music. Occasionally even a season of spontaneous shouting unto the Lord could fill the air with powerful praise. This beautiful freedom of honoring God with the whole strength of voices and bodies was gloriously led of the Spirit. Unfortunately, over time much of this became an art form and was preplanned or orchestrated by human design. It even became a big business as worship music was written and marketed.
The pattern for these type church services usually was to transition from the worship time into the preaching time and only the musical part was considered worship. This combination along with offerings and different forms of prayer ministry or prophetic ministry could take many hours. Responses became large with often the largest percentage of the congregation coming forward to receive prayer or prophetic ministry or give their lives to Jesus or whatever the Holy Spirit was doing that day.
Some have questioned the authenticity and value of each of these modern-day worship experiences. Those who prefer the quieter Sunday morning sermon based “worship service” do not believe the Bible validates the “Spirit-led” charismatic style services and may see them as emotional chaos. On the other hand the people of the livelier Spirit-led group may not believe the others are fully adhering to the biblical presentation of worship and praise and may see their services as lifeless or dead.
Both of these groups may feel that to some degree they experience God in their familiar form of “worship.” After the Sunday morning worship service, the quiet group may feel cleaner and relieved that they have done their duty. The other group may feel they have actually encountered the manifest presence of God in a powerful way in their worship and praise service. Some critics who probably did not attend may judge that claiming to have encountered the presence of God in a worship and praise service is a foolish statement that is not biblical.
My experience is that there is truth and fiction in both camps within at least some of the groups involved. In general both camps seem to like to point out the shortcomings or failures of the other while ignoring their value and worth.
Biblical View of Worship
The first mention of worship in the Bible is Abraham taking Isaac to be sacrificed.
There is much written in the OT about sacrifice and offerings as worship. There is also much written about not worshiping other gods.
Even a limited search of the Bible will reveal many biblical forms of worship including things like:
Sacrifices offerings and feasts
Give glory to the Lord
Beauty of holiness
Singing praises
Bowing down and kneeling
Lifting holy hands
Not worshiping other gods
Not vain worship of teachings and doctrines of commandments of men
Bringing gifts to the Lord
In Spirit and truth
Rejoicing in the Lord
Praise with instruments
Dancing unto the Lord
And much more
Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth. - Psa 96:9
The word translated “tremble” in the above verse literally can mean to dance or to twist or whirl and writhe like in pain of childbirth.  
[2342. chuwl, khool; or chiyl, kheel; a prim. root; prop. to twist or whirl (in a circular or spiral manner), i.e. (spec.) to dance, to writhe in pain (espec. of parturition) or fear; fig. to wait, to pervert) – Strongs]
Living a Life of Worship
Worship like God will not fit in anyone’s religious box. It is far too large and all inclusively dynamic to fit our boundaries and formulas. Worship is from the heart of a crucified life set apart unto God. It is presenting our bodies as living sacrifices that Christ Jesus can fully live in us by the Spirit of God. All that we do and all that we are should worship God as a sweet-smelling savor. Every breath and every moment of life should be a worship and praise to Him.
Jesus speaking to the very religious Pharisees made it clear that all their religious worship and sacrifices were in vain and meant nothing because their hearts were not right.
Mat 15:7-9: "Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'"
The heart of worship is an intimate love relationship with God that will flow into serving Him with all our hearts in pure worship. Worship first involves relationship with God, intimately loving Him, and secondly involves serving Him by loving and serving His people.
I thank God that the way is open, and with clean hands and a pure heart, true worship and pure praise abounds even in this recliner from which I write. Tears of joy and loving gratitude beyond measure in my heart are met by waves of empowering love and joy unspeakable pouring into and over me. There is no natural music in the room but the melody of his love flows from heaven. I have not words enough to praise Him for His marvelous presence and glorious provision of life abundantly. Oh for a thousand tongues to praise His great Majesty and pure loving glory. Praise Him, oh you saints – praise Him while there is breath in your bodies – He is worthy of all praise.
Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD! - Psa 150:1-6
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. Divine Authority

By Kriston Couchey

KINGDOM AUTHORITY - DIVINE AUTHORITY
There is official authority that honors and relates to others based upon title and position; and there is true kingdom authority that is by nature divine and works by love. Titles do not equate to divine authority. Not everyone bearing a title carries divine authority. There are people who ARE what their title implies and bear the divine authority of that title. There are men and women with a title that are called to what their title implies, but have become a shell of what they were meant to be, and their divine authority has crumbled to near powerlessness. Divine authority is about function and not dependent upon a title. 

The prophet Samuel was one who carried divine authority that truly functioned and fulfilled the purpose for which this authority was given. Scripture says "And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him and did not let any of his words fall to the ground." This verse precedes the verse in I Samuel that says "And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD." He did not become a prophet because men titled him or gave him a place of honor. He became a prophet  by God's calling and his speaking God's words in obedience. Men honored him with a title because he ALREADY functioned with the divine authority of a prophet.

PROMOTION COMES FROM FATHER ALONE
Holy Spirit also set apart Paul and Barnabas for the work he had for them. He commissioned them as apostles, men did not commission them. Men cannot commission men, they can recognize God's commissioning and lay hands on in agreement with His commissioning.  Men cannot give or take away divine authority, only God can do so. Jesus alone gave the ascension gifts of apostle, prophet, pastor-teacher, evangelist. He alone assigns elders in His body as well. The apostles appointed elders ONLY after prayer and fasting. It was NOT the apostles choice as to who to appoint to eldership. It was Holy Spirit's choice of who to appoint to eldership with the recognition of the apostle. 

Much that has passed for ordination in the religious mindset church has simply been men's works of the flesh. Religious organizations with hierarchical leadership structures may label or title men with many different titles. A church organization giving someone a title and paying them wages to fulfill a role does not necessarily give their title validity in the kingdom. ONLY the Lord's designation of authority matters. Men "recognize" divine authority placed on others; even as the people recognized the establishment of Samuel as a prophet. It is not wrong to honor another with a title when they TRULY walk in the divine authority that fulfills that role. It can at times be helpful to use a title to recognize the function one has in the body in order to receive from that function. But, A title is not necessary to function in any measure of divine authority a person may have.

DIVINE AUTHORITY WORKING BY LOVE
Divine authority is most easily recognized and expressed in love relationships. Eli recognized Samuel's authority as a prophet first because He had an intimate relationship with him. Scripture says, "Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel, my son. And he answered, Here am I. And he said, What is the thing that the LORD has said to you?" Eli called Samuel "My son" and in that relationship was able to receive the Word of the Lord through Samuel that prophesied the demise of Eli's own lineage.

Authority in the kingdom flows freely upon love relationships and not simply because of a titled position. A man may call himself an apostle, but if he is unable to relate to people in a manner of loving trust and mutual giving and receiving relationship, he diminishes His own divine authority to serve people. Those with true divine authority do not need to relate to others based upon their calling. True divine authority flows more perfectly in eye to eye love relationships. This relationship is the sure catalyst for spiritual impartation and equipping. In love there is grace to impart powerfully, not just imparting of an anointing, but imparting real life that comes from love. Authority expressed without love is a clanging cymbal.

I was once led to fast and pray for deliverance from demonic oppression for an individual. After fasting and prayer, I ministered to this person and prayed for them. Nothing happened. It was then I simply put my arms around the person and loved them. I sensed the Spirit's promoting to once more pray and in that display of love the demonic oppression lifted and that person was set free. I experienced firsthand the principle of the kingdom in which divine authority works more perfectly by divine love.

TRANSITION TO KINGDOM REALITY
Where the love of God has waned, titles become predominant, where the love of God flows titles are not predominant and men recognize and receive more easily TRUE divine authority.
There are those who use position and title as a means of personal gain rather then serving others. In the religious organizational structures that exist, positions and titles have drawn those seeking titles out of inner need for recognition or significance. The Ekklesia is transitioning into something different then the system that exists now. Many things are changing DRASTICALLY; this manner of titling and recognizing true divine authority is one of them.

When the Body of Christ relates to one another based upon love and not position, we can truly see and receive the divine authority of another. It is not wrong to recognize divine authority with a title. But, title is insignificant if true divine authority is not present. The measure of our divine authority in whatever function we are given by Father is according to the measure of the cross we allow to work in us and put to death our own ways. In all of this, we need discernment, and to walk hearing and obeying the Spirit of God.  We must receive the divine authority that rests upon others. When we receive His divine authority upon the lives of others, we truly receive Him.

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey04@earthlink.net

3. Top News Headlines 

China Cyber Attack Against Christian Organization - 12/8/2010
Disturbing new evidence is surfacing that the Chinese government is becoming more aggressive in hacking Christian Web sites outside of China. Now, word comes from the Midland, Texas, based China Aid Association that it too has suffered a Cyber attack from hackers in China. Both its China and English language Web sites were shut down as a result. - Another coincidence? Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34940&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

New Bankruptcy Filings Give Additional Details on Crystal Cathedral Salaries
- 12/4/2010
The church paid out more than $1.8 million to 23 insiders and members of Robert Schuller's family in the year leading up to October 18th. The latest filings show over $830 thousand in tax-exempt housing allowances were given to eight people and payments to all five of Schuller's children and their spouses. Schuller's son, Robert, has a home worth more than $1 million. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34897&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Homeschoolers Join Battle Against UN Treaty that Threatens Education by Parents - 12/4/2010
Homeschooling advocates have joined the ranks of those battling to prevent the US Senate from ratifying the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women. They cite the threat against homeschooling that the treaty has sparked in other countries. President Jimmy Carter signed the agreement in 1979, but the Senate failed to ratify it. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34895&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Survey Says: Teens Would Rather Learn About Family Values Than Sex - 12/4/2010
Experts from Hull University in the UK are surprised the majority of teenagers they surveyed support ‘moral’ ideas about sex. 46 per cent of girls and 38 per cent of boys rated being a parent as the most important topic. But results still fell short of Christian morality. More than 2/3 of boys and girls said "first sex should be both special and planned." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34893&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pakistani Clerk Offers Reward to Kill Christian Woman Accused of Blasphemy - 12/4/2010
Maulana Yousef Qureshi made the offer at a rally in northwestern Pakistan. He said his mosque would give $6,000 to the person who kills Asia Bibi. The woman has been sentenced  to death for insulting Mohammed, but says she has done nothing wrong. She's currently waiting for an appeal in the court system. If that doesn't work, Bibi is hoping for a presidential pardon. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34898&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Ex-Pastor Awarded $4.6 Million After Current Pastor Calls her "Of the Devil" - 12/5/2010
Nancy Johnson claimed she was slandered when the current pastor, Erik Kirk, called her "of the devil." Jurors awarded her $2 million for slander and $2.6 million in punitive damages. But they did find Johnson owes Prairie Avenue Four Square Church in Torrance, California $4,685 in misappropriated funds. The church is considering appeal. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34901&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Chase Bank Orders Texas Businessman to Remove Christmas Tree - 12/6/2010
There could be a backlash to a bank's decision to remove a donated Christmas tree. According to "Advertising Age," 91 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas. The incident in which the home office of Chase Bank ordered a generous man to get rid of the tree he donated to a Texas branch is getting national exposure. A lot of people may get offended at the decision. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34921&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Somali Teenage Girl Shot to Death for Becoming a Christian - 12/6/2010
Nurta Farah wanted to get away from her torturing parents. So the 17 year-old ex-Muslim went to live with relatives in another region of Somalia. But instead of finding a new life, Farah was shot to death in what's assumed to be an honor killing. The girl's sister was killed earlier in the same region. Somalia does a poor job of enforcing protection of religious freedom. Read On:   http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34924&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Malay Christians Face 'Faith Purification' Centers - 12/7/2010
Living as a Christian in a Muslim nation can carry severe risks and suffering. Malaysia is a country that presents itself as a model for Islamic moderation, yet many former Muslims say they are persecuted after finding Christ. A two-hour journey from Kuala Lumpur there is an isolated encampment where Christian converts say they've been taken to be forced back to Islam. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34928&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Eritrean Christian Flees Native Country After Years of Persecution - 12/7/2010
A staff member for a US-based missions group has fled Eritrea after years of imprisonment. "Benji" is a twenty-three-year-old Eritrean national, whose work and affiliation with a Midwest mission organization contributed to his arrest and imprisonment for over three years in deplorable conditions, which included confinement in metal shipping containers and caves. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34930&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines,
Go Here:  http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 02/04/2011 at 10:33am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version