RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: HEARING GOD - Tim Laughlin Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/16/2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

HEARING GOD  -  Part 1

"When the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:13

Hearing God is not as easy as people would lead you to believe. God told me this, and God told me that, and God told me to tell you, and so on and so on! Hearing the voice of God involves spending time with Him learning to discern His voice and distinguish it from all the other voices.

Obviously God can speak any way He wants to and has been known to speak through a donkey if necessary, but there are some basic principals set in scripture that we may know Him and hear His voice. Normally God speaks to us through four distinct ways: His word, circumstance, dreams and visions and prophetic utterance; but unless you become accustomed to His voice you can still be deceived.

There are a multitude of voices wanting to be heard, trying to get your attention and in this electronic age it is a battle for anyone to be able to listen for the voice of God. It amazes me that in documentaries on TV about wildlife that within massive herds and flocks the young can distinguish their mother's sound from all the other sounds around them. The most important thing we can do in this kingdom is to know and hear the voice of the King!

"My sheep hear My voice, and they follow Me. "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." John 10:27,28

TO KNOW HIM IS TO HEAR HIM

Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, nor was the word of the Lord yet revealed to him. I Samuel 3:7

The prophet Samuel was dedicated to the Lord at birth by his mother because she was barren and cried out to the Lord and He answered her by giving her a son. Samuel was given to the house of Eli to minister before the Lord and there the Lord spoke to him.

The Lord called Samuel three times one night and every time he would awaken Eli thinking he had called him because he did not yet recognize the voice of God. The fourth time God called Eli told him what to do and Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant hears." It is amazing that the first word God gives the young lad is a prophecy about judgment on the house of Eli his master, and his wicked sons.

Samuel obeyed the Lord and delivered the word to Eli and judgment indeed did fall upon the priesthood of Eli and on Israel and the ark of God was captured by the Philistines. Samuel grew up to be one of God's greatest prophets and never compromised His word or failed to deliver His message, even when he had to give it to king Saul when he disobeyed God, and subsequently anointed David king over Israel.

Now the Lord had told Samuel in his ear the day before Saul came, saying, "Tomorrow about this time I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him commander over My people Israel. I Samuel 9:15,16

A STILL SMALL VOICE

"I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I alone am left; and they seek to take my life." I Kings 19:10

Elijah was on fire for God, confronting His enemies, killing the prophets of Baal, calling fire down from Heaven and just returning from a forty day fast, needless to say he was pretty busy carrying out God's business for Him. Totally worn out and fearing for his life he went into a cave and God spoke to him and said "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord."

God didn't seem too impressed with Elijah's exploits after listening to his excuse for hiding in a cave, He wanted Elijah to hear His voice! As Elijah stood on the mountain God passed by and there was a strong wind, an earthquake and fire but God was not in any of them, but in a still small voice. God was more concerned that Elijah could recognize His voice than to be looking for a great display of power.

So it is with us, God wants us to discern and become acquainted with His voice, to know Him is more important than all the great signs, wonders and miracles that accompany the kingdom. The apostle Paul was of the sect of the Pharisees, a student of the law and top of his class in religious works and accolades but he stated that to know God and the power of His resurrection was much more important than all this world could give.

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. Philippians 3:8

Your servant in Christ, Tim Laughlin

Edited by Moderator on 11/23/2012 at 1:13pm
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11/23/2012 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Know the Voice of God - The Path of Life

Fulfilling the Great Commission will again become the focus of the body of Christ. The world will soon hear the gospel of the kingdom to prepare the way for the King.

We also will see troubles in this world increase. This should encourage us, not discourage us. Paul quoted in Acts 14:22 that he went about “strengthening and encouraging the churches, telling them that through many tribulations they must enter the kingdom.” The wise and mature do not get discouraged when they hear of coming troubles in the world, knowing in every one there is a door to the kingdom. The same is true of every trial in our personal lives. This is why James wrote that we should “consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials” (James 1:2).

The increasing troubles on the earth are so everything that can be shaken will be shaken and what cannot be shaken will be revealed. We have a kingdom that we are called to live in now that cannot be shaken. If we have built our lives on that kingdom, then we cannot be shaken regardless of what happens in the world. If we are being shaken and troubled by the things that are happening in this world, let us use this as a wake-up call to give ourselves more fully to living in the kingdom of God.

As we have discussed often, one of the major signs that we are indeed in the last days is the pouring out of the Holy Spirit, as we see in Acts 2:17-21:

“And it shall be in the last days,” God says, “That I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all mankind; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

Even upon My bondslaves, both men and women, I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit and they shall prophesy.

“And I will grant wonders in the sky above, and signs on the earth beneath, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke.

“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come.

“And it shall be, that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

When the Lord pours out His Spirit, there will be prophetic revelation—dreams, visions, and prophecy. This happens especially “in the last days” because in these times we will need this kind of guidance like never before.

As the Lord said in John 10, His sheep know His voice. Every Christian should know His voice, and every mature Christian should know His voice to the degree that they can instantly discern His voice from all of the other voices in the world. The truth is that very few Christians can do this because they have not matured in this way. They may have matured in knowledge, and even experience, but not in knowing His voice.

I have read many books on prophecy, and knowing the voice of the Lord, I have even written some, but that is not the main way we will get to know His voice. These can be helpful, but there is no substitute for spending time with Him, which is the only way we can truly come to know His voice.

Consider this. I could take pages to describe my wife’s voice to you. You could learn everything there is to know about her voice technically, but in a room with many ladies speaking, you would have a very difficult time picking out her voice unless you have heard her speak before. I could pick her voice out instantly, even if I did not know any of the technical details because I have been with her so much. That is the main way we must come to know the Lord’s voice too—there is no substitute for being with Him.

To make it through what is coming, we will need to know Him much better than we do now and know His voice better. The great thing is that we get to do this. If we will draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. If we seek Him, we will find Him. This is the promise of God who cannot lie. Resolve this week that you will get to know Him better.

Rick Joyner

Link

Edited by Moderator on 11/23/2012 at 1:12pm
Gina Francis

Posted: 08/03/2013 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote Gina Francis

I am not quite sure if I am partially moved to tears of
joy, and or relief.. no its definately relief...

Like a woman who gave birth to a baby... Its been a
really tumulteous season.. but I feel like we have all
been fighting to return to the original intended design
of the King.

This prophetic word, completely brings a smile to my
face. As I have read it, I can understanding the
churnings of my mind and heart... I felt like a child who
knew God was talking even in my imperfections, and was
pressing towards the voice of God, knowing this is what
God wants.. Such a brilliant post...

Edited by Moderator on 10/21/2013 at 2:04pm
View Gina Francis's Profile Search for other posts by Gina Francis
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10/21/2013 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Our Geiger Counter of Guidance: Hearing the Voice of God

James W. Goll

James W. GollThank you for all of your prayers for my family and me in this season of adjustment. One thing I have always tried to do is remember the ABC's, especially when change is happening all around me. That is why I want to share an excerpt from The Beginner's Guide to Hearing God, titled "Geiger Counter of Guidance."

In these times we need to be moving according to the leadings of the Spirit and not moved by the media, world events, people's opinions or the latest news report. We need to, like John the Beloved, lean our head upon the chest of our Messiah, listening for the very heartbeat of God and cultivating a friendship with Jesus.

True guidance is not just a one-time thing or a one-time event - it is finding the Guide Himself. Remember, Jesus did nothing of Himself. He only did those things which He saw the Father doing. This is our model and example. Let us "look to see" what our Father is initiating. Then we need to DO IT!

These are times when we truly need divine guidance and wisdom. For some solid foundations in this area of discerning the voice of God, I encourage you to read The Beginner's Guide to Hearing God. It is an excellent source to start learning how to hear the voice of God.

May you grow in your knowledge of the love of Jesus this week as you listen to His heart!

In Christ Jesus!

James W. Goll

Our Geiger Counter of Guidance

"Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him. O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.

"Although the Lord has given you the bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher, will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. And your ears will hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right or to the left." Isaiah 30:18-21

Perhaps you have come a long way in your journey of learning to hear God's voice. But as for my life, I always have to review the A, B, C's! Reflect back with me for a moment...from the starting block of realizing our need to hear God, we became familiar with our personal tutor, the Holy Spirit, given to guide us into all truth.

Yes, there are many courses to take in the lost art of hearing God. We must have a working knowledge of the Word of God. We must have the spirit of revelation, according to Ephesians 1:17-19. But now I want to give you some important guidance lessons for wisdom for the journey. We have been given a "Geiger Counter of Guidance."

Hear the Clicking?

Do you remember playing games as a child? One child would be blindfolded and the others kind of steering them around. Some object in the room would be selected and the one blindfolded would have to try to find it. Shouts of, "HOT!", "No, COLD!" proceeded from the children participating in the room. Hot, of course, meant you were getting closer to the desired object. Cold meant you were going in the wrong direction. It was fun, remember?

There is an interesting instrument called a Geiger counter. Its use is actually similar to the game I just described. A German physicist invented the Geiger counter in 1945. It is an instrument used for detecting the presence and intensity of radiation (as cosmic rays or particles from a radioactive substance) by means of the ionizing effect on an enclosed gas, which results in a pulse that is amplified and fed to a device giving visible or audible indications. The thing I remember is the distinct clicking sound it makes.

The closer you get to the substance and the greater intensity of its matter, the louder and faster the clicking noise becomes. I have often thought that is a lot like hearing God's voice once you put all the pieces together. There is an inner witness that you learn to pay attention to. You check in with the Holy Spirit; you listen to your "knower"; and you bear witness or you don't. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit there is a divine guidance system that comes with the package.

Are you getting warmer - closer to the desired subject?

Or are you getting colder - further away from the will of God?

Do you hear the clicking...?

Ten Principles of Divine Guidance to Help you Find God, Not Just His Will

Number One: The Will of God is Made Known in the Word of God.

Now let's start by getting real basic. One day you read in Exodus 20:14, "Thou shalt not commit adultery." That registers in your spirit and remains. Not long after, you are walking in the mall and you hear some inner nudge say something like, "Look at that person. They really want you!"

But because the Scripture is hidden in your heart, it is easy to reject that thought. You don't even have to evaluate whether that voice was God, you know it isn't. You know because you have read the Word and have hidden it in your heart. So our first guidance principle is always the will of God is made known in the Word of God. God's Word is the final judge in all guidance.

Number Two: The Will of God is Confirmed through Circumstances.

Years ago in my senior year of college, I was quite zealous for the Lord. I probably needed a little bit more tethering in those days, but I was so on fire for God and I didn't care anymore about the pursuit of credentials in this life. I was ready to quit college at the end of my first trimester of my senior year, needing only 20 more hours to complete my degree.

I was ready to quit university, but I diligently sought the Lord's direction. "Oh God, I just want to forget this stuff and get on with my real calling." I don't know for sure how I said it, but it was something like that with an addendum: "But if You want me to finish out this year, I bid You to do something. Show me Your will!"

Then a surprising thing happened. I was ready to quit in November with only six months to go till graduation. Somehow I received another scholarship and was given a Religious Leadership Scholarship at a secular university to help me financially complete the rest of my year. So I decided, "That's a pretty good circumstantial sign. I'd better go ahead and complete what I have finished!"

I realize there are some exceptions to this one, but God does guide us circumstantially as well. I'm glad I completed that degree.

Number Three: The Holy Spirit Speaks from Where He Dwells.

Where does God dwell? God not only dwells in Heaven, but if you are a child of God, and if you've been filled with the Holy Spirit, He lives within you. According to 1 Corinthians 6:19, "We are the Temple of the Living God." He speaks to us from where He dwells. Where does God dwell? Colossians 1:27 tells us plainly, "Christ in us is the hope of glory" (Scriptures paraphrased).

Have you listened to your heart lately? What is beating in your heart? The Holy Spirit is Heaven's Representative in all-true guidance. John 16:13 states, "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come."

Number Four: Divine Guidance Comes from Meeting God's Conditions.

Isaiah 58 is an incredible passage of Scripture where God's chosen fast is brilliantly described in detail. It speaks about honoring God and the observance of the Sabbath. Removing the pointing of the finger and feeding the poor are also addressed. Several key conditions and the attitudes required are listed.

Then God's corresponding promise is listed in Isaiah 58:11, "And the LORD will continually guide you." But the conditions are listed first.

The passage quoted at the beginning of this chapter (Isaiah 30) gives us marvelous promises: The Lord will be gracious to you; He will be your Teacher; You will hear a word behind you. On and on it goes... But conditions are laid out that must be met as well. "When He hears the sound of your cry..."

What are the conditions that must be met for your promise to be unlocked? Has He heard you really cry out to Him? Meet the conditions and His eye will surely guide you.

Number Five: True Guidance is Accompanied by the Peace of God.

There is peace in the midst of a storm. Peace does not mean there is no storm. Peace does not mean there's no warfare either. There is a center of quiet that is in the midst of the turbulence of life. True guidance from God does not push you; it brings peace and satisfaction.

James 3:17 remarks, "...the wisdom (which comes down) from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy." I love the order. Pure, peaceable, gentle... Isn't that everything you would want hearing God to be all about? Don't you want to bear good fruit?

Number Six: Much Guidance from God Comes Unaware.

Much of our guidance comes undetected. We're often unaware that we are being guided. Why? Because of His marvelous ways! Also because we've asked Him to continually guide us! We want to do His will.

Psalm 25:9 wisely depicts, "He leads the humble in justice, and teaches the humble His way." I love the ways of God. Again, a condition is spoken which unlocks the provision. Humility is the doorway whereby we learn not just the will of God, but the ways of God.

Thank You, Lord, for Your gentle nudges, whispers in the night and even what seems like pushes and shoves at times. Even Your electric cattle prodding's are wonderful. Thanks for guiding us even when we did not acknowledge it was You.

Number Seven: Divine Guidance Does Not Mean We Know All the Details.

Oh-oh, that isn't what you wanted to hear. Now the Lord wants us, in a sense, to have a rooftop view. But along the way it's often only the knotholes that we get to look through. There are those special times perhaps, in revelatory giftings and experiences that we see A, B, C and even see a portion of the end of the matter of X, Y and Z. These experiences are for a great, awesome purpose. They're to ruin your life, so that you will never, ever be able to be a successful, boring Christian again. You will know you have a destiny in God and you will pursue the God of destiny no matter what!

But most of the time, you will only see what is in front of you. A word of wisdom - enjoy life. Life is more than just another meeting or hot word. Life is precious. Live it to the fullest and for His ultimate glory!

Number Eight: The Process of Guidance is Not Always Pleasant.

Isaiah 55:8-9 declares, "...My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.'"

There is Good News though. The New Testament teaches us that we can have the "mind of Christ." But still, guidance isn't always pleasant. He calls us to authentic apostolic lifestyles where bearing our cross is not a pain but a delight.

God has made a decision in His walk with you, that you will never remain in a static position. And when you start freezing up, God just says, "Change!" That's when guidance doesn't appear to be very pleasant, because there are breakings that occur.

Then it's time to choose His way over our way. It might seem painful for the moment, but the end result will be His life expressed through us in exchange for our own efforts. Choose Life. Choose His ways!

Number Nine: Hearing God Speak Should Prompt You to Action.

Daniel 11:32b promises, "but the people who know their God will display strength and take action." I want to be a person of faith and who does exploits in the name of the Lord. Don't you?

If there's been a failure or a fumbling, cry out for the great mercy of God. I've been learning our God is the God of the fiftieth chance. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. Wash yourself in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and learn from the past. But forgetting what lies behind, press forward into the upward call of Christ Jesus. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the words of Christ. Let's show that we are a genuine community of faith and get to movin' for Jesus' sake!

Number Ten: Guidance is a Skill to Be Learned Over a Lifetime.

It's not a one-time experience where you heard God speak once and then you rehearse the same old testimony all the rest of your life! It is a skill to be learned over a lifetime and passed on to others.

One time I was sitting at my office desk getting ready for an appointment when the Holy Spirit whispered to me, "You are now hearing Me through a gift." Interesting. So I listened some more since a gift was being activated! The still small voice continued, "But when it comes to you and Me, I speak to you through a relationship."

Be like John the Beloved and lean your head upon the chest of your Messiah and Master. Listen for the very heartbeat of God. Cultivate a friendship with Jesus. True guidance is not just a one-time thing or a one-night stand, it is finding the Guide Himself.

Here is my parting word of wisdom: Hearing the voice of God is a lifetime relationship that can never be taken away.

Blessings and Grace,

James W. Goll
Encounters Network

Email:
info@encountersnetwork.com

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08/15/2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Jennifer Eivaz:
"I Hear Voices"

Jennifer EivazVoices Everywhere

Linda walked into the prayer service for the first time. I've never met her before and observed her professional look and demeanor. My prayer teams are very sensitive and easily detected her issues. They kept control of the room's atmosphere despite what Linda brought in and continued on as she sat and observed. Linda would close her eyes at different times or drift into some Bible reading. Other times, she would look around the room as if confused. She was always swift to leave at the end.

As time went on, various persons tried to reach out to her. She would get angry just enough to shut you down or argue with you just enough to keep you at a distance. I was one of the few persons that could reach her. Linda finally confessed to the problem. She was "hearing voices". She wanted help, but didn't realize how much life would have to change in order to get a grip on that world.

I understood what Linda was experiencing. I've always heard voices even as a small child. I connected it to being in-tune with the spirit realm. I didn't become a Christian until I was a freshman in college, and a year later I was delivered from occult spirits.

I grew up as a Mormon and occasionally dabbled with spirits and other occult activities in ignorance. Even though I loved Jesus, my actions resulted in a very rough season of deliverance. I was truly set free and experienced real authority in Christ, only to be thrown into a very loud and intense world of... voices.

Now I was hearing voices in the air, voices in my mind, and voices of spirits. It was intense and things never did quiet down. At first, I wanted to be alone as much as possible; being in crowds was painful and I began to crave and treasure silence. When things didn't change, it left me with the typical questions, "Am I schizophrenic? Am I demon-possessed? Or, do I have a really weird gift from God?" (Photo via flickr)

"Get Out Of My Thoughts!"

The reason I thought I might have something from God is because I started to hear people's thoughts. Let me explain that. I know that husbands and wives often know each other's thoughts without thinking too much about it. It's a sign of intimacy between them. I also read in the Bible that Jesus would perceive people's thoughts and He would answer their thoughts appropriately. This gave Jesus an advantage in difficult crowds.

Since my experience was in the Bible, I felt better about it but not for reasons you might think. I didn't know everyone's waking thought nor did I want to. I would often hear or feel someone's strongest thought and would even attempt to speak into it when I felt God's permission. Now years later, this activity flows quite naturally with me, and I usually don't think about it before I've said something revealing to the person I'm with. This has earned me, however, the uncomfortable rebuke from some to, "Get out of my thoughts!"

It took me years to sort it out, but I had received the gift of "discerning of spirits" (see 1 Corinthians 12:10) that operated sympathetically. Because everything has a voice to it, through this gift, I was hearing or feeling the voice of pretty much everything until I learned how to manage it.

The Gift Of Discerning of Spirits

I'll try to describe how it works. God has created everything with His word and all creation is designed to praise Him. If the people of earth fail to praise God, the Bible says even the rocks will cry out (see Luke 19:40). It's fascinating that the voice of praise can be triggered within the rocks should human creation fail to do so. I'm bringing this out to demonstrate that everything has the capacity to "sound off" under certain conditions.

There is a voice (or "sound") on land, in the air, in people groups, in animals, in objects, and on and on. Often that sound becomes painful or aggravating to me when something has corrupted it. I'll hear or feel the voice of the problem in my mind, on my skin, in my emotions, just to name a few. If you are experiencing this and don't know what it is, you will definitely think you're crazy.

The gift of discerning of spirits is allowing you to hear creation "sound off." Your next task will be to intercede until creation praises and responds properly to God again. When it does, you'll be at peace. (Photo via wordpress)

In my world, this has resulted in much deliverance of land in my city. For example, the north area of our city began to "release a sound" several years ago. That area was barren and only dirt for miles. The voice sounding off the land put feelings of aggravation in me before turning to head-trips and night terrors. The Holy Spirit told me exactly what it was. There was an occultic spirit on the land. When that spirit was finally removed through intercession, the entire area went through radical transformation.

Mass construction came in within that year. Homes, schools, and shopping centers were built. We even bought a new home there! When land is delivered from a demonic stronghold, think of Daniel's "Prince of Persia" as another example of this; it will visibly come under the blessing of God. The land can now respond properly and there will be results you can point to. This land deliverance happened because I began to hear and feel the voice of the problem and it drove me into intercession just to get my peace back.

Is This a Gift From God Or a Mental Disorder?

We have a very sophisticated medical community in America. Without the medical community, a lot of us would be dead or very impaired. I completely honor our medical community and their successes. In the midst of this, there still isn't consistent consideration of the spiritual aspects of many diseases and disorders. This unfortunately leaves a whole group of people broken and mislabeled.

Consider the woman who was bent over for 18 years and then healed by Jesus of a spirit of infirmity (see Luke 13). In today's medicine, she would be labeled as crippled, or with MS, or perhaps scoliosis. She didn't have any of those diseases. The Bible says she had a spirit of infirmity. That's a demonic spirit and not a medical condition. When Jesus cast it out, she was made well.

The same goes for the young boy who was having mental fits and trying to kill himself (see Mark, chapter 9). Medically, he would have been labeled epileptic, schizophrenic, or psychotic and given medication in today's world. The true issue was spiritual. He was possessed by a deaf and dumb spirit.

There is a medical label for nearly everything and a medicinal approach to most of it. If it's a physical problem, then it should respond to most physical treatments. When it's a spiritual problem, it will not respond. When it's a spiritual problem, it won't respond to doctor's orders and the condition will even tend to get worse with medicine.

When people are hearing voices or experiencing extreme mood swings, we are quick to label these persons as schizophrenic or bipolar. I do think it's important to first rule out any physical causes. If diet, medication, reducing stress, and all such remedies fail, then it has to be rooted in something else. In these cases, I do believe it's a spiritual issue and if you can go there with me... it just might be God! I've walked this out thoroughly and have discovered it to be true in my life and many others.

A Gift You Learn to Walk Out

If that's you, will you consider that you are not crazy, but actually gifted? The gift of discerning of spirits can manifest as "hearing voices" and having "extreme mood swings". I've said many times that I can have a mood swing depending on what house I'm standing in front of.

via pixabay.comThis is a gift you learn to walk out. It requires a heavy diet of the Word, prayer, and self-discipline to keep corrupted atmospheres or voices and sounds from ruling you. The Word has to rule your feelings because you won't feel normal on most days. It's a muscle of faith that you develop over time. You will live a more sanctified life because of all this. (Photo via wikimedia)

Our church has many people who hear things much like I do. We've all thought we were crazy at one point, but now we've discovered the truth. We have a gift from God and it's an unusual life to live out. This gift is needed, it's spectacular at times, and you'll often know things before others do. Its function, however, will keep you very humble and close to God.

Jennifer Eivaz, Associate Minister
Harvest Christian Church
Email
asst2jeneivaz@harvestturlock.org

Jennifer Eivaz is a vibrant minister and international conference speaker who carries the wisdom and fire of the Holy Spirit. She presently serves as an associate minister with Harvest Christian Center in Turlock, CA and is focused on raising up a passionate and effective prayer community that is tempered with love and hears the voice of God accurately. Jennifer loves the Presence of God and is a prophetic voice to her church and to others. Her teaching style is authentic and aimed at the heart having been built on her personal testimony of God's incredible goodness and miraculous display in her life and in the life of her church. Jennifer is a graduate of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She is married to HCC's Senior Pastor Ron Eivaz, and they have two wonderful children. She has written a book called The Intercessors Handbook.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version