Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

HOLY SPIRIT REVIVAL - LOVE INVASION Reports, Articles and Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : HOLY SPIRIT REVIVAL - LOVE INVASION Reports, Articles and Discussion
Subject Topic: MINISTERING JESUS IN THE STREETS OF VICTORIA - Bob and Sue Brasset Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05/18/2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

MINISTERING JESUS IN THE STREETS OF VICTORIA

Bob and Sue Brasset, May 18th 2012                     

As many of you know Sue and I, along with our friend Greg Snead, have been leading teams of people into the streets, malls, neighborhoods and inner city here in Victoria. The purpose? To minister the Gospel, share the love of Jesus,heal the sick, cast out a few devils and lead people to Christ.

Before a recent outing, on May 5th, 20012,  we gathered in prayer. There were about 35 of us.While praying we each wrote down what we felt God was saying. Some got specific people descriptions, others got locations, and others various clues or "words of knowledge".
After our time of prayer we came together in groups of four and shared what each individual had written. Then we hit the road. One young lady named Mariah, who was with us for the first time, described what happened when she ventured, somewhat timidly, out for the first time.

"As we walked down Douglas Street I saw a woman walking towards us who fit a description I had seen earlier in prayer and had written down. In my vision she had a pink sweater with a white shirt and a blonde bob, and she was standing in a London Drugs shampoo aisle, so I had written "shampoo" beside her description. Now this woman walking towards us had a pink/purple sweater, a white and black striped shirt and a blonde bob. The girls in my group and I began to question whether we should stop her, and nerves began to bubble up; however in the window beside where we stood was a big purple lotus, and on one of the girls sheets of paper was "purple flower". We felt a nudge of confidence and decided to stop her. As two of us spoke with her the other two stayed back to pray. We began talking and asking her about herself and what she did. After a short while she allowed us to bless her in prayer and then we joined back with our friends. Little did I know that in the shop window next door was an array of shampoo bottles and the shop after that had a giant toy giraffe on display, which was another image I saw in the earlier prayer, and had written on my list. Our friends had noticed this while we were engaged with the woman and showed us once we were finished."

A GROWING SENSE OF EXCITEMENT

"We all felt excited and encouraged after that, to say the least. Once again we headed off but this time with a sense of expectation, and in the midst of walking a statement suddenly popped into my mind. It appeared very much like a simple thought but I was determined to subdue my filter of doubt, especially on this day. Believing it was from God I spoke out the statement to my team in an attempt to step out in faith. I told them "we're going to come into contact with a young man who has a skateboard and trouble with his left shoulder". They said "okay, cool" and we continued on. Another clue written by one of the other girls was "purple hair", and while walking by a store window we saw a young woman with purple hair, so we bolted inside and struck up a conversation with her. Two of her family members had severe diabetes and her best friend had arthritis all throughout her body, so we prayed with her for their healings. We said our goodbyes and gave her a number she could reach us at if she wanted to contact us. As we stepped back out onto the sidewalk a young man walked by with a long board. I knew it was the one God had spoken to me about previously. I quickly whipped around as he was passing and said "excuse me, how are you?". He looked extremely confused as to why I had stopped him, and I'm sure he was wondering what I was going to ask him for. I asked him if he had any pain in his shoulders. He looked at me still confused and a little concerned. Then I said something along the lines of, "God told me we were going to meet you today and He said you have a problem with your left shoulder". His mouth dropped open. He said "my left shoulder has been dislocating for about 10 years". He was stunned and so was I. We began talking and sharing and eventually we ended up praying for him and for healing in his shoulder. It was an amazing encounter.

HEARING GOD

"To know that I heard from God that clearly absolutely blew my mind. With no time to spare, as this young man walked away, a homeless woman started getting beaten up across the street by another woman. Her head was hitting the concrete behind her as she received the blows and she sat doubled over on the ground trying to protect herself, her hands covering her face."

"Desperate to bring peace to the situation we ran over and tried to ask them what was going on. We were met with vulgarity and it was made clear that we were not welcome to interject. The abuse quickly stopped and the attacker and her boyfriend soon left, leaving this broken woman battered on the ground in her own excrement. Immediately we sat with her on the pavement and tried to make her feel safe. I wanted to show her love before the humiliation of hate brought her self worth any lower. We spent about an hour and a half with this woman as we waited for the police and ambulance to come. My best friend and one of the other girls bought her some new pants and underwear at a nearby salvation army and two of our team helped her get cleaned and changed in the back of the police van. At one point I remember feeling a strong burden for this woman, and as I looked at her I couldn't begin to imagine the amount of hardship she had faced in her life time. She was obviously under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and she explained to us that she had just recently lost a baby. She was only thirty seven but her face looked weathered and worried. But under all of that hurt and shame, when she smiled I could see a glimpse of her. A glimpse of who God had planned for her to be. She was meant to be His daughter just as much as I was, and that was hard to swallow. I felt so blessed in that moment, but I felt so painfully ignorant at the same time. Jesus died for all of man kind, and there sat one of his beautiful creations, broken and bruised both physically and spiritually on the sidewalk of some rich city, her spirit crying out for help. Some time passed and one of the girls realized that on her list she had written "red hair with black trench coat". This woman had red hair and she was wearing a black trench coat. We were astounded." 

"One young man named Andrew led a lady to Jesus. She was 'born again'.
Then she told us she was deaf.  When her hearing was healed she asked us, "What will I now do with my $5000.00 hearing aids?"

"Every person on the team (there were about 35 of us) had at least one supernatural testimony of a Jesus Encounter with people."

ADVANCING HIS KINGDOM

These above stories are only a few of the many supernatural encounters all of us had that day. As the sons and daughters of God we are called to be the Kingdom Advancers. We are to be  Jesus hands and feet, mending the broken and standing for justice in love and in righteousness. I want to rise up to this high call. I want to desire God's will more than my own. I want to have character strong enough to host the glory of His Presence. I want to lay down my life for others and have faith that He will take care of me. I want to know what it means to live a life immersed in Jesus.

Bob Brasset
rsbrasset@shaw.ca  
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version