Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Gold Medalist Gabrielle Douglas’ Strength is in the Lord Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/07/2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote News Room

Gold Medalist Gabrielle Douglas’ Strength is in the Lord

Gabby’s tweet before All-Around competition: ‘Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me’

By Aimee Herd, Breaking Christian News
Special to ASSIST News Service

LONDON, UK (ANS) -- One of the favorites for Team USA this Olympics has been 16-year-old Gabrielle Douglas, who helped her team garner gold in women's gymnastics. She also competed in the All-Around competition, along with teammate Aly Raisman, and Gabrielle took gold once again.

Gabrielle Douglas displays her gold medal

Setting Gabrielle -- affectionately called “Gabby” by her teammates and fans -- apart is her willingness to share with the press, Facebook and Twitter friends, about what gives her strength, courage and peace in the midst of the fierce contest of skill: her faith, and relationship with the Lord.

Upon learning that she and her fellow USA gymnasts had won gold, she posted on Facebook, “We are the 2012 London Olympic Gold Medalists!!! We are all so happy right now. It's a dream come true! Gotta give God the Glory! Thank you everyone for praying for me! It means so much to me! Now I have to prepare for the All-Around competition! I am so excited! Gabby.”

In an Us Weekly interview, Gabby said, “Right before a competition I pray and listen to music.” And when she was asked by the press how she focuses and stays calm when surrounded by the immense pressure of the Olympic competition, the teen replied that she meditates on Bible Scripture.

In evidence of that, on the morning of the All-Around competition, Gabby tweeted, “Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me.”

A video posted on www.Crosswalk.com describes the journey Gabby and her family has taken on her road to the Olympics, including the difficult decision by her mother Natalie—a single mom—to allow her youngest daughter at 14 to move halfway across the country to train.

Despite the cultural differences, Gabby found a second home with her host family in Des Moines, Iowa, and the move for intense training paid off.

Watch the moving video by clicking here: http://www.crosswalk.com/video/raising-an-olympian-gymnast-g abby-douglas.html?utm_source=Crosswalk_Daily_Update&utm_ medium=email&utm_campaign=08/01/2012

Gabby Douglas Gives God All The Glory'sharethemessage' on GodTube.com

This Olympic sweetheart knows just who to give all the Glory. God bless you Gabby!

source BCN www.breakingchristiannews.com

Via (ANS) ASSIST News Service

Edited by News Room on 08/07/2012 at 11:19am
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version