Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Is the World going crazy and what do we do about it? - Alice McGee Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12/21/2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Is the World going crazy and what do we do about it?

By Alice McGee

What a week we have had. The Holy Spirit is grieving. We are grieving over all the terrible events of these past few days - a shocking loss of 26 precious lives at the Connecticut school. A young man in the grip of evil is responsible for this awful crime.

Then closer to home, we hear that our homeless friend, Reggie Brown's body has been found. He had been missing for about a month when friends found his body, not far from his camp. It had been dumped head first into a garbage can and rolled into the creek. The police arrested five teenagers for the brutal murder, the youngest is only thirteen.

At our Sunday service, I prayed for the family of Reggie and then for the kids and their families who had been arrested. I prayed that the kids would let God really touch their hearts and that they would make deep commitments to Him. That this event would turn into a great testimony for the Lord, and save lives as other kids turn away from this kind of behavior. After I finished praying, a crying lady came up to me and thanked me for praying for the children. One of them was her son. Then the whole family came up and we had a great prayer time with them. They had never come to one of our services before. It was a divine appointment.

Two other kids in Raleigh, thirteen and fourteen, have now been charged as adults in the crime of murder that they committed. All over the country we are hearing of more and more kids committing more and more violent crimes. Why?

Could it be that we allow children to witness murders on TV since they are babies? That toys they role play with glorify violence and force as a solution. In Video Games, they practice blowing away, killing and destroying lots of creatures and other people. Parents are buying them books on Witchcraft and all sorts of evil, and children are role playing vampires and every abomination to the Lord. Sex and immorality is shoved down their throats on TV and books from babyhood. Discipline has suffered and now children have little self-control when it comes to drugs, alcohol, sex, or other temptations.

The parents themselves have become so used to the world and have compromised with it so much that they have difficulty holding their children to a higher standard that they themselves are living.

God has been taken out of the schools and this is the result.
God is missing from the homes and this is the result.
God is missing from hearts and this is the result.

If we do nothing, it will only get worse.

Is there anything that we can do?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Darkness is dispelled by Light. Be that Light!
Sin is conquered by Holiness. Be Holy!
Hate, anger, and violence are destroyed by Love. Be the Love of God!
Guilt and criminal behavior are transformed by Innocence. Be Innocence!
If others are pushing their way, Be Meekness and Humility.
When others are violent, Be Gentleness.
Be the force for good by being an example through Christ.

Christians are "the head and not the tail". We have been given the Dominion of the world in and through Christ. There is no other way. The church, the body of Christ is being tried and trained in these last days. How are we going to respond to these things? Shall we wring our hands and then indulge some helpless feelings? Shall we get upset and feel that this shows that we care, but then do nothing!?

Absolutely not! We need to honestly repent of our own sins. Submit to the work of the Cross by the Holy Spirit in us. The word of God says that we need to weep, wail and mourn over our sins lest we too receive the judgment that is coming upon the world. Are we taking our own sins seriously? Only then can we stand in faith and authority in the world.

When the church becomes the Light, the darkness in our nation will flee. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of evil. Only the blood of Jesus can and will conquer it. He defeated Satan at the cross. Now is the time to apply that victory fearlessly to our land. We have everything that we need.

I guess it boils down to this. We can continue watching the world slide into hell or be the body of Christ and make a difference. We win.

Love and blessings!!
Alice McGee

Deuteronomy 28:13
And the LORD will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Nehemiah 9:28
“But after they had rest, They again did evil before You. Therefore You left them in the hand of their enemies, So that they had dominion over them; Yet when they returned and cried out to You, You heard from heaven; And many times You delivered them according to Your mercies

Ezekiel 18:30
I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Joel 2:12
[Rend Your Heart] “Even now,” declares the LORD, “Return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Colossians 2:15
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

webmaster@churchinthewoods.net
Church in the Woods
Raleigh, NC

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version