Subject Topic: ’God healed my wife of breast cancer’ Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/15/2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

'God healed my wife of breast cancer'
A Ukrainian pastor, now living in Florida, shares what he believes was a great miracle that saved the life of his wife

By Dan Wooding in Toluca City, Mexico
Founder of ASSIST Ministries

TOLUCA CITY, MEXICO (ANS) -- There couldn't have been a better venue for me to learn from a Ukrainian pastor, now living in Florida, how God healed his wife of breast cancer.

Vasiliy with his wife, Lyubov,
at the Mexico conference

Vasiliy Voytovich, who is also the President of God Heals Broken Hearts Ministries (www.godhealsbrokenhearts.org), movingly told the story of how his wife, Lyubov, who was 32 at that time, first discovered she had a lump in her breast.

We met up in Toluca City, Mexico, at the 10th Annual World Christian Doctors Network "Spirituality and Medicine" Conference June 14-15, 2013 at the Del Rey Inn Hotel.

It was during this unique conference on "divine healing," that I learned from a Ukrainian pastor, now living in Florida, about how "God healed my wife of breast cancer."

Attending the conference, held in a city just outside of Mexico City, with his wife, he said, "It was back 1955, when we were living in the small town Stebnic in the west of Ukraine, that she first she had pain in her left breast and noticed lump there. She went to have it checked out and the doctors, who had not yet discussed surgery, started her treatment with chemotherapy. It was then that I felt prompted of the Lord to pray for her complete healing.

"So I gathered my children together -- older son Nikolay 14, daughter Nina 12, and youngest son Vitaliy 10 -- and we began to pray for a miracle.

"At that time, she felt a pressure in her throat and chest and she was so scared that she was dying and yet here we were all praying for her healing. She felt so bad and, at that time was not even praying, just crying.

Christian doctors worship the Lord

"However, our prayers were so powerful that, after asking for her healing, we started to thank God for His answer. Then my wife said that in the background she heard a voice that said, 'BELIEVE.' She then asked what she had to believe, as she wasn't even praying or asking about anything.

"She heard us thanking God for her healing, and so she asked God: 'Do I have to believe that I am healed' and she heard the reply, 'Yes!' After our prayer we knew that she had been healed and were so happy about the miracle.

"I asked my wife to check to see if the lump disappeared, but she was not ready at that time. We waited for few days and then went to see the lady doctor, who had initially diagnosed her. I was able to observe the change on the doctor's face when she couldn't find anything.

"I told the physician not to be surprised, as we had prayed for a miracle and I added, 'She is healed now. That is why you cannot find anything.' She replied: 'You are blessed that you can believe.'

"An X-ray was performed and it confirmed that she was now free from cancer," he said. "Three years later, when we moved to USA, a biopsy was performed because of my wife's history of cancer and the chemotherapy treatment, and it was confirmed again that she was cancer free and this has continued with yearly mammograms."

He went on to say, "It is very much strengthened our faith (me, my wife, and our children) and it showed us how powerful is our God even today. He has His plans for us. He loves us very much and now we share that good news with others who needs that encouragement."

Besides his pastoral work at the Full Gospel Church in Dunedin, Florida, he also works at the local Health Department and his wife is an RN at Largo Medical Center.

But now the couple are making plans to return to Ukraine where Vasiliy will become Vice President for the Evangel Theological Seminary in Kiev

This pastor, and his family, have truly learned from this healing that indeed, "God Heals Broken Hearts."

Source: Assist News Service 

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version