Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Ukrainian Forces Withdraw From Crimea - But Despite the Tense Situation, Russians and Ukrainians Are Working Together In Christian Ministry and Fellowship! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/26/2014 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Ukrainian Forces Withdraw From Crimea - But Despite the Tense Situation, Russians and Ukrainians Are Working Together In Christian Ministry and Fellowship!

By Dan Wooding
Founder of ASSIST Ministries

RUSSIA/UKRAINE (ANS) -- The BBC is reporting that Ukrainian troops are leaving Crimea, following emotional farewells to wives and family members left behind.

A woman feeds a pigeon near a monument displaying a Soviet-era tank as well as a Russian flag in the Crimean capital Simferopol
on March 15.

“Their departure comes as Russian forces are reported to have stormed a Ukrainian naval ship blockaded in Lake Donuzlav, in western Crimea,” said the BBC's Mark Lowen.

“It is one of Kiev's last military assets in the region, after its remaining bases were stormed on Monday.”

Earlier this month, Russia annexed Crimea after a referendum considered illegal by Kiev and the West.

Ukraine's interim leader, Olexander Turchynov, a Baptist minister, ordered the military pullout on Monday morning because of “Russian threats to the lives of military staff and their families.”

His announcement came shortly after Russian forces seized a naval base at Feodosia - the third such takeover in 48 hours.

The BBC's Ian Pannell, in the Crimean capital of Simferopol, said he saw Ukrainian marines heading to the border from the naval base.

Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman Vladislav Seleznyov said Russians had attacked the base from two directions using armored personnel carriers and stun grenades. Two Ukrainian navy minesweepers were also stormed earlier on Monday by Russian forces, reports said.

Russian defense officials earlier said that the tricolor of Russia had been hoisted at 189 Ukrainian military units and facilities in Crimea.

Alexander and his fellow pastors carry a deep burden to reach the lost for Christ in their nations

But despite the tense situation, the Slavic Gospel Association (SGA), has shared a report from one of its sponsored missionaries, Pastor Alexander Chernyak, who labors in Ukraine’s Volyn region, which they say, “is the good news seldom reported in the media—an example of how Christ unites people in His love, and for the sake of the Gospel!”

Pastor Chernyak wrote, “Many times, we receive invitations from our brothers in Russia to help advance God’s Kingdom in their country, and asking us to pray for them. Recently, I went with a brother from Lutsk to go help train ministers in Russia, and assist them in their ministry.

“I was blessed to visit four Russian regions: Tatarstan, Udmurtia, Chuvashia and Mari El. While there, we held sessions on planting new churches, worshipped together, and had special meetings with pastors and youth. I visited large cities, but noticed how small the churches are comparatively with many in Ukraine.

“Compared with the population of Russia, there are still very few evangelical churches there. I could see the meaning of the Lord’s words, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few’ (Luke 10:2).

Russian and Ukrainian believers set a Christ like example as they model His love before others

“We prayed with the local brothers, shared our experiences, and considered the ways Ukrainian churches can help Russian churches. Where we were visiting, many of the people are pagan or Muslim, or just indifferent to spiritual matters.”

He added, “When I got back home, I reported to the church about our trip. We decided to pray, asking the Lord to show us where we can help, and cooperate with our Russian brothers and sisters in the work of advancing the Gospel. We have a lot of work in our own church, but we believe that serving believers and the Lord in other nations is our responsibility too. It was a blessed time for me. I saw God’s clear guidance, realizing that we need to pray that the Lord will send more laborers to His field!”

The SGA spokesperson said, “Alexander’s words are true! Russia and her neighboring countries are vast in size, and 90 percent of cities, towns and villages do not have even one evangelical church. Through SGA, you can help send more missionary pastors like Alexander out to gather the waiting harvest.”

He added that “Sponsoring one is easy.” Just go www.sga.org/ministries/church-planting, to find out more, or call SGA at 1-800-BIBLE-50, and ask for Shirley Davis.

Note: Since 1934, SGA (www.sga.org) has been serving evangelical churches, helping make disciples of the people in the lands of Russia for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through prayer, strategic ministry and financial assistance.

Source: Assist News Service

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version