Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: NEWS and URGENT PRAYER REQUEST from on the Ground in Northern IRAQ - Four Biblical Responses to Persecution Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/17/2014 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

NEWS and URGENT PRAYER REQUEST from on the Ground in Northern IRAQ

1:17PM, Sep 16 - DS: URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

Received this email from missionary friends yesterday. I pass it on so that people can pray specifically for our brothers and sisters.

This is so sad. A friend just got a text message from her brother asking her to shower him and his parish in prayer. He is part of a mission team and ISIS has taken over the town they are in today. He said ISIS is systematically going house to house to all the Christians and asking the children to denounce Jesus. He said so far not one child has. And so far all have consequently been killed. But not the parents. The UN has withdrawn and the missionaries are on their own. They are determined to stick it out for the sake of the families. He has no idea how to even begin ministering to these families who have had seen their children martyred. Yet he says he knows God has called him for some reason to be his voice and hands at this place at this time. Even so, he is begging prayers for courage to live out his vocation in such dire circumstances and like the children, accept martyrdom if he is called to do so. She asked me to ask everyone we know to please pray for them. These brave parents instilled such a fervent faith in their children that they chose martyrdom. Please surround them in their loss with your prayers for hope and perseverance. She was able to talk to her brother briefly by phone. She didn't say it but I believe she believes it will be their last conversation. Pray for her too. She said he just kept asking her to help him know what to do and do it. She told him to tell the families we ARE praying for them and they are not alone or forgotten -- no matter what. Her email broke my heart. Please keep all in your prayers. Thanks, DS

Letter about Persecution

By DH

As I have prayed fervently night and day over N facing persecution, the Lord powerfully ministered in my spirit, that we (you, I and all believers throughout the world) need to hear clearly from the Lord about what His Word has to say about persecution in these prophetic days of crisis that we all are (or will be) facing here and abroad.  Not only is N facing a severe test of his faith with his life being in imminent danger, but we all will face similar decisions about persecution as we approach the prophetic end of the age. 

Thus it is imperative that we all know clearly what the Bible teaches by command, example and principle.  There is not one answer that “fits all” situations but rather we must all fervently seek the mind of our Lord about what He is saying to each of us as we face persecution and then be obedient to His command regardless of the cost!

There are four clear and godly responses to persecution described in Scripture:

1)  There is a time to escape!

a)   Jesus escaped imminent stoning by walking through the mob to safety.

b)   Paul was let down a wall from the window to escape to safety.

c)   Paul appealed to Caesar to escape the unjust trial of the Jewish mob.

2)  There is a time to stand!

a)   Jesus took His stand before the Sanhedrin & Pilate.

b)   Peter and John and other disciples took their stand against the Jews who forbade them to speak in the Name of Jesus.

c)   Paul took his stand by responding to the mob of Jews to preach the gospel of salvation to them.

3)  There is a time to be imprisoned!

a)   Peter was imprisoned and placed in stocks and the doors of the prison were opened by angelic deliverance.

b)   John was exiled and imprisoned on the Isle of Patmos.

c)   Paul and Barnabas were imprisoned and sang hymns and the prison doors were opened by an earthquake.

4)  There is a time to be martyred!

a)   Jesus gave His life on the cross for our sins by shedding His blood for our redemption.

b)   James was martyred by the sword (In the same time-frame that Peter was delivered.)

c)   Stephen was stoned to death by the Jewish mob “and he saw Jesus standing at the right hand of the Father!”

DH

Edited by News Room on 09/17/2014 at 3:08pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version