Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Fighting Back: Find Out What Some Christians are Doing in Iraq and Syria, to Stand Up against ISIS Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/20/2015 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Fighting Back: Find Out What Some Christians are Doing in Iraq and Syria, to Stand Up against ISIS

by Ahuva Balofsky : Feb 20, 2015 : Breaking Israel News

"Who will rise up for me against the evil-doers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?" (Psalm 94:16)

The Islamic State (ISIS) is not the only one recruiting supporters worldwide. A Christian militia group is fighting back with outsiders of its own. (Photo via Newsweek)

Dwekh Nawsha, a Christian militia whose name is an Assyrian-language phrase conveying self-sacrifice, is standing up to ISIS as the terror group tries to stamp out Christianity in Iraq and Syria. The group is accepting foreign recruits, as are other groups in the area, AFP reported.

Brett (not his real name) is one of those foreigners. He told AFP, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, but here we're actually fighting for the freedom of the people here to be able live peaceably, to be able to live without persecution, to keep the church bells ringing."

Brett, 28, served in the US army in Baghdad in 2006-2007 and has now returned to fight ISIS on behalf of the local Christian population, forced to flee to nearby Kurdistan as ISIS advanced towards al-Qosh. The Islamic State onslaught has put the continued existence one of the world's oldest Christian populations into question.

Brett explained he wants to establish a "foreign fighters' battalion", and has already brought in five volunteers from the US, Britain and Canada, all with military or contracting experience. He claims he has another 20 volunteers lined up.

Recruits have a number of reasons for stepping forward. Louis Park is the first person Brett brought in. Having retired from the US Marine Corp in December, Park, from Texas, says, "I did not adjust well at peace time. I wanted to get back out here."

He began saving money to join the battle even before his retirement. "I'm patriotic..," he says. "If my government won't fight them I will."

Read more, click here.

Link>

Source: www.breakingchristiannews.com/

Edited by News Room on 02/20/2015 at 12:44pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version