Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Preparing for Urbana 15: Part One and Two Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/22/2015 at 12:15pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Preparing for Urbana 15: Part One

PUBLISHED ON 22 September, 2015 BY

Photo courtesy Urbana via Facebook

(Photo courtesy Urbana via Facebook)

USA (MNN) — For most students, college life is full of difficult questions.

What do I major in? Should I transfer schools, or finish here? What will I do after graduation?

Even in a flurry of unknowns, one constant rings true for a majority of college kids: they want their lives to make a difference.

But, how could college kids possibly change the world? InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is directing students to the answers they need.

“If we challenge them to enter into the historic mission of God, [we are] tapping into who they were made to be and what God’s story is all about,” says InterVarsity’s York Moore.

Over the next few days, we’ll be sharing more about how Moore and InterVarsity are engaging the Next Generation in global missions.

Today’s focus is where mission-minded students can take their next steps: Urbana 15.

Urbana 15

urbana 15 blockgraphic

(Graphic courtesy InterVarsity)

As stated here, Urbana 15 is InterVarsity’s 24th Student Missions Conference co-hosted by InterVarsity/USA, Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada, and Groupes Bibliques Universitaires et Collégiaux du Canada.

The end goal of Urbana 15 is getting college students plugged into missions. But, Urbana 15 and global missions in general are about something even higher.

“When we think about missions, [it’s] more than a conference, it’s more than an event. It’s more than, even, what we do with our lives,” says Moore.

“Missions revolves around the story of God.”

Find your role in God’s story at Urbana15.

God’s story is not always an easy one to hear.

“The Church has always been persecuted,” Moore shares. “For the last 2,000 years, we [Christians] have largely been the minority, the marginalized, [and] the oppressed.

“I think we’re coming into a time in Western civilization where that’s likely to be the case.”

Each tri-annual Urbana conference has a theme, and Urbana 15’s focus is the Persecuted Church.

Urbana 15 great commission

(Graphic courtesy Urbana via Facebook)

“Learning from the Persecuted Church is part of our way of challenging students–to say, ‘Look, this is the way forward. As the darkness grows in the United States and around the world, this is the way forward,’” says Moore.

“We are entering an era in the United States where Christianity is no longer the dominant voice of culture…. That’s kind of where we [are] already, and I think it’s going to accelerate.”

Source: Mission Network News

Edited by News Room on 09/23/2015 at 5:22am
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/23/2015 at 5:21am | IP Logged Quote News Room

Preparing for Urbana 15: Part Two

PUBLISHED ON 23 September, 2015 BY
Photo courtesy Urbana 15 via Facebook

(Photo courtesy Urbana 15 via Facebook)

USA (MNN) — A lot goes into preparing for Urbana 15.

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship staff has worked tirelessly for months, lining up a theme, speakers, and more.

Urbana 15 speakers are finalizing presentations, and have practiced time and time again.

Students have been researching Urbana 15 seminars, making travel arrangements, and spending time in prayer.

And yet, preparing for Urbana 15 doesn’t stop here. There’s still work to be done, and that’s why InterVarsity’s York Moore is on the road.

Preparing for Urbana 15: awareness

Getting the word out is an important part of preparing for Urbana 15. Toward this end, Moore is currently visiting several Christian campuses.

At his first stop this week, Moore spoke at the morning chapel service of Cornerstone University.

In this photo, Moore is speaking at a conference in New YorkPhoto courtesy InterVarsity

In this photo, Moore is speaking at a conference in New York.
(Photo courtesy InterVarsity)

“One of the things that I preached on today was Revelation 11:15, which in my mind is the epicenter of the story of God,” says Moore.

“It’s a turning point in the story of God. What comes after that is this incredibly violent, volatile period of time where God begins to make all things new.”

Moore and InterVarsity are helping the Next Generation engage in missions as part of that story.

“If you want to inspire young people to be a part of something larger than themselves, if you want to inspire them to be a part of God’s great story, you don’t say, ‘Hey, go to this great conference. You’re going to have a great time,’” says Moore.

“You invite them into something larger than themselves.”

Preparing for Urbana 15: the invite

Photo courtesy Cornerstone University via Facebook

(Photo courtesy Cornerstone University via Facebook)

Along with introducing CU students to Urbana 15 in chapel, Moore met with them individually in a separate follow-up session.

“We had a small room full of staff and students,” shares Moore via email.

“They had questions mostly about how Urbana was different from other conferences, [and] my main answer was that Urbana attracts delegates (conference attendees) who — more than most conferences — are looking for direction in God’s calling and are open to God’s global mission in atypical ways.”

The group told Moore they’re expecting to take “about 2 vans full,” all the way from Grand Rapids to St. Louis for Urbana 15.

“I also shared that one of the major goals of Urbana is to help delegates see the tapestry of Kingdom issues and struggles and how they interrelate,” shares Moore.

“Instead of ‘cannibalizing’ each other, missions organizations and their specific areas of emphasis should be seen as parts of a larger, holistic way the global Church is engaging systemic needs, injustices, and mission.”

urbana 15 blockgraphic

(Graphic courtesy InterVarsity)

If you want to be part of God’s story, it’s not too late to sign up for Urbana 15. Find the details & links you need here.

Source: Mission Network News

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version