Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Death Overtakes Pastor’s Wife Shot During Home Invasion Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11/23/2015 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Jessilyn Justice

Davey, Amanda and Weston Blackburnanda was shot and killed after a home invasion.
Davey, Amanda and Weston Blackburn. Amanda was shot and killed after a home invasion. (Courtesy/Resonate Church)
A pastor's wife has died after robbers shot her during a home invasion earlier this week, according to reports.  

Amanda Blackburn, wife of Resonate Church Indianapolis' Davey Blackburn, was attacked in her home on Tuesday, Indianapolis Star reports. She was not killed immediately, hovering near death for two days while her church family began the mourning process. 

"It's impossible to communicate all the emotions my heart has been forced to process," Davey Blackburn writes in a statement. "My wife was such a beautiful, gracious, loving woman of God. I have not only lost my ministry partner and support but also my very best friend. There is no way to prepare yourself for circumstances like these. As deeply as I am hurting, I am hopeful and confident that good things will come of this. I rest in the truth of Romans 8:28 that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose."

The couple had one child already, and Amanda was reportedly pregnant with another. 

"Amanda made it her life's calling to love and serve everyone she knew," Blackburn writes. "Even more, she has made it her life's mission to see as many people as possible come to know Jesus as their personal Savior. I know that in her death and legacy, even more people will come to a saving faith in Christ. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt her desire for me would be to continue what we've started here in Indy. I hold firm to the belief that God is still good, that He takes our tragedy and turns it into triumph, and that the best truly is yet to come."

Source: Charisma News

Edited by News Room on 11/23/2015 at 6:10pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11/23/2015 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Slain Pastor's Wife Amanda Blackburn's Sister Says She Talked to Her in Heaven

News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11/23/2015 at 5:25pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Suspect Arrested in Murder of Pastor's Wife

Video>

Source: CBN News

A suspect has been arrested in connection with the murder of Amanda Blackburn, the Indianapolis pastor's wife killed at her home earlier this month.

Last week, Indianapolis police recovered a handgun found near the Blackburns' home. It was submitted for testing at a crime lab to determine whether it was connected with Amanda's murder.

On Nov. 10, Pastor Davey Blackburn found his pregnant wife shot in the head when he returned home from the gym.

Amanda died two days later at the hospital. She had been 13 weeks pregnant with a baby girl who did not survive.

Now the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says they have arrested an 18-year-old named Larry Taylor on a preliminary murder charge.

Pastor Blackburn says he's "extremely relieved" by the arrest of a suspect, but that it doesn't "undo the pain we are feeling."

He says investigators have told him they have a "solidly-built case."

IMPD Chief Rick Hite thanked "federal, state and local partnerships" for aiding in the arrest.

"All victims of criminal homicides deserve closure," Hite said. "Our detectives have worked tirelessly, going days without sleep to solve murders in our city. With the assistance of Assistant U.S. Attorney Josh Minkler and Prosecutor Terry Curry justice will be done."

Edited by News Room on 11/23/2015 at 5:27pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version