Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: “2016” “THE LESSONS OF HUMILITY” - Mary Lindow Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01/07/2016 at 11:53am | IP Logged Quote News Room

“2016”
“THE LESSONS OF HUMILITY”
Seeking Out Pure And Fresh Wells
“When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
But with humility comes wisdom.”
-Proverbs 11:2
Many powerful men and women who were in elevated and highly visible positions of leadership politically, spiritually and in the sport and entertainment fields in 2015 were uncovered as frauds and vile abusers during the past year of what appeared to be a virulent year of repeated and embarrassing exposures.
The Lord is again FIRMLY warning many out in these arenas, large and small, that there is still an opportunity for you to redeem the time. The falsifying of your claimed insights from God to manipulate financial support, fame, notoriety and honor for good deeds will no longer be tolerated and will in fact be double-stamped with the seal of “deceiver and thief” if the appeals for connived support are not stopped. God is not behind what you have demanded in His Name.
Some in ministry and Non-profit organizations have satisfied themselves upon the offerings of widows and those who foolishly gave on impulse, due to your slick emotional pleas and contrived media images and heart-tugging background musical interludes. They have robbed and stolen from others whom God has anointed and blessed in smaller settings and their cries for help and assistance have not gone unheard from the Heart of heaven.
SUSTAIN AND BE A FOUNDATION FOR THE SMALL BUT FRESH WELLS.
The Holy Spirit would have the body of Christ soberly hear the following words.
"There will be a fresh wave of conviction to "Sustain and Strengthen the Foundations of those who have been Fresh and Pure wells to drink from and connect with" and there will be a trending back towards smaller, steady and steadfast ministries and servants who have faithfully plowed and served in seasons of loss, lack, and persecution. Don’t withhold!
You must not muzzle the servants who have been plowing, and you will be judged for feigned ignorance towards their needs and my conviction to “send them out” to do My work.
To those who feel as if they are “more graced or more anointed” and who think that they have a "special and more unique” calling that needs a preeminent opportunity to instruct and be seen, beware of the pride of life, the lust for power and the wares of selfish ambition.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.
Rather, in humility, value others above yourselves.
-Philippians 2:3
You will be found upon the trash heap of loss and sorrow if you grasp and hold tightly to what was never really yours to begin with. It is mine.
If you cannot accept the terms of what I request, you will be known as a divider, weak, egotistical and immature.
Again, I will not bless your intentions or your ambitions. You rob the Body of authentic Kingdom service by remaining secretive, self-promoting and destructive to My purposes.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy one understands.
-Proverbs 9:10
WHEN THE SOUL GOES THROUGH HUMBLING EXPERIENCES
We all know that there are times when the soul goes through humbling experiences. Perhaps in the past you had strength, calm, security and confidence, and then all of that suddenly gets stripped and your soul sees itself and it's true state of desperate need. If you are alert you will recognize that the Lord is opening our eyes to secret pride in 2016. That internal thinking that all of our achievement is of our own doing and not purely a gift from above.
Yes, these times come so it will never occur to us again that we are stronger in spirit than anyone else! If we look up on any other person as weaker, it is only because we have not been taken through the purging fire of God completely. Perhaps this is what's happening to someone we know, and it's no business of ours to preen our feathers of “goodness” while they are being refined and challenged. On the other side of that coin, God wants for us to have an open and humble spirit, realizing that if we were in their position we may not handle the circumstances as well, and might do worse.
IN 2016 THIS HUMBLING PROCESS IS IN GOD’S HANDS
It is his way of raising in your heart a new love for all of mankind. In the past you may have judged others either for their pride, or for being in personal difficulties.
Even worse, you may have seen others who are lukewarm or weak in their faith and compared it with your own strong devotion and enthusiasm for God.
God is merciful and he shows us all of our own places of emptiness. Allowing us to go through humbling experiences is how He knocks this out of the seat of our own “judgment” which is His seat alone!
He wants us to keep our eyes on our own response to what we know He wants us to do so that we remain in a place of simple obedience to Him.
WE ARE ON A HUMBLE SPIRITUAL ROAD IN 2016
David stood in the presence of wicked men (Samuel chapter 16:5-6 and 9-10) and there he was wondering why the Lord put up with their evil behavior while he was going through such anguish in his own life! But he still prayed and said “I will watch my ways so I may not sin with my tongue. I will keep my mouth shut as if it were tied with ropes, while the sinful are near me.” –Psalm 39:1
109 When David finally saw how limited and small that his own viewpoint was, he continued to say, “ I remained silent and I wasn't about to open my mouth because you Lord are the one who allowed this!”
This is a humble condition much like David's that the Lord will bring our souls to as we are on a humble spiritual road in 2016. He says to you and I that He longs to help you to be submitted to His hand alone, obedient to His voice alone! We are not to resist Him!
We are not really serving Him and our brothers and sisters if we've taken the high seat above them. When the Lord begins to work this way of tenderness in our hearts we must listen to what He says no matter what or WHOM He allows to bring the message through. In the past, arrogance has been the measuring stick where many would only receive teaching and correction from someone THEY thought was worthy to DARE speak to them! Those days are over.
If you have jealousy in your heart and fight to have many things,
do not be proud of it. Do not lie against the truth.
James 3:14
IN 2016 WE MUST HAVE EARS THAT ARE OPEN TO HIS VOICE ALONE
We can enjoy the extreme value of knowing that we must be under the direction of our matchless Lord.
Remember that He may use anyone at all, however unpleasing to the eye, unintelligent or not so affluent! When you see they may be able to teach you and direct you on your way, it is because of the attraction and Divine beauty they have in their lives from honoring the Lord. It’s that they are truly humble, not simply by saying it - but by literally BEING humble.
HEEDING ANOTHER VOICE OF PROMISE AND PROMOTION
The Lord has impressed me to share that some have heeded another voice, one who would put them up, on the pinnacle of the world and promise them all power and wealth if they but just bow down. The Lord wants you to know, (although I tremble at even delivering this), that many have already bent one knee downward to hopefully obtain a bit of blessing from “both sides.”
Get up and RUN from deception and self-indulgence, blatant lying and entitlement!
You can be sure that using people or spiritual metaphors or “things” just for what you can get out of them—the typical indicators of idolatry—will get you nowhere, and certainly nowhere near the Kingdom of Christ.
You have been taken in and spoiled by religious smooth talk. The Lord is furious with people who are full of religious sales talk but who really want nothing to do with Him. You have groped your way through that murk once, but no longer. You're out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your way plain.
GOD MOVES AMONG THE OUTCASTS
“Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?”
declares the LORD. These are the ones I look on with favor:
Those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.”
-Isaiah 66:2
You've probably never been stuck on a deserted island, but you may know pretty well how it feels. In a world of bad relationships and superficial relationships and broken relationships, a lot of people know the feeling of being emotionally cast aside, abandoned, and maybe even discarded. Because of some of what you've been through, you may feel like you're the outcast.
Your days on that island may be almost over. In fact, it could be that all your failed or frustrating relationships have actually been preparing you to experience the central relationships you were being equipped and prepared for.
Anyone who has ever felt like an emotional outcast needs to hear the fabulous promise of Jesus Christ in this word for 2016 from the Word of God.
Jesus says to all those who belong to Him,
"I will not leave you as orphans. I WILL come to you.”
-John 14:18
This is the same Savior, who says,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews. 13:5
He's the One, who promised,
"The one that comes to me, I will certainly not cast out."
John 6:37
And from now on, that promise of Jesus can be all about you,
"The one that comes to me I will certainly not cast out."
THE LORD WOULD SAY THESE WORDS TO YOU AND I IN 2016
“You now understand the pain of betrayal, losses so great that you can no longer talk about them. You have ached in such agonizing despair that at times you have begged me to let you die. Friends have turned and chosen to see you through blinded eyes of their own making and have refused to help you to find your footing again, thinking they are doing you a service by letting you grovel and weep in painful loss and sorrow. They have competed for gain to their own egos and have self promoted at the expense of exchanging deeper relationships for ego stroking.
You have been reduced in the past season to identifying with those who were forced to make bricks for Pharaoh without straw. I too was a man of sorrows and endured the shame in order to be formed, shaped and made ready for the moment of redemption.
And so shall it be with you. Redemption from the losses will come to those who choose obedience over pleasure, serving others over being the served one, and letting go of the dreams of greatness you cling too, no longer using my name or gifts as a calling card.
THE CALL OF THE MOMENT IN 2016
“Let the follies of your dim visions fall away”, says the Spirit of God! I have a more perfect way that I am forming in you and for you. I have caused you to cease from striving, from worrying, and from being anxious.
You now rest up again my chest, waiting, trusting, wanting only ME.
You have become kinder, a better listener, a more trusted confidant.
I can work well with those attributes. Just Watch Me in this Year.
I WILL Open the Way of Hope and shine Light on the pathway for those who have ceased from manipulating the moment.”
SEARED OR FERVENT IN 2016?
“The spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
Such teachings come through hypocritical liars,
Whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.”
~ 1 Timothy 4
To have a seared or calloused conscience means to cause something to wither. To make (someone's conscience, heart, or feelings) insensitive.
Without the willingness of heart to fall upon the rock of God’s word, allowing every strength and support of ours to be fully broken, the wicked heart of mankind will continue to allow the searing patterns of indifference and insensitivity to affect their choices and will permeate more and more of the moral and sacred places of society.
I have been impressed to warn believers that the increase of sexual lures and smutty language has begun to pay a toll much larger than they realize.
MATURE AND SOLEMN IN 2016
Huge numbers of people are being brought to ruin because they are not thinking; thoughtlessly causing hurt or inconvenience to others is the devastation of thousands, and many a precious soul has been shattered through carelessness.
The Lord is asking you and I to "consider our ways," and return to a walk with
The Still Small Voice and begin a familiarity with him yet again. With conviction, it would be the most rewarding relationship you could fall into!
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober.
-1 Thessalonians 5:8
PRAYER AND THANKFULNESS IN 2016
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
-Colossians 4:2
As I finish this word and insights for the year, I will share the last whispers the Lord spoke clearly to me.
“Each day, upon waking, where does your heart and mind wander to?
Is it the plans and lists of things you must accomplish for the day?
Is it the meal you are about to eat?
Is it worry and the bracing yourself for another grinding day of dealing with the pressures of life?
Return to those early awakening moments where you and I share in the dialog of My plans for you.
Each day you have to live and to give you have been given the opportunity to impact someone and to do a kindness or act of training for another.
Where has your thankful heart wandered? Without it, behaviors and moods of bitterness and drudgery will manifest and sour even the brightest flower of hope.
Return to the heart of the issue and clean away the rusty decay of grindstone thinking. Each day can be a fresh adventure into Kingdom purposes or, a continual repeating of a dreary existence.
Choose ever so wisely.”
“Therefore, since we are receiving
a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
Let us be thankful, and so worship God
acceptably with reverence and awe.”
~Hebrews 12:28
Duplication and sharing of this writing is welcomed
as long as the complete message and
website information for Mary Lindow is included.
Thank You! Copyright © 2016
" THE MESSENGER " - Mary Lindow
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
Greg Woolston

Posted: 01/07/2016 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote Greg Woolston

So true, Humility goes before Honour , The Chosen of the Lord , the weak the base the despised hath God Chosen yea things which are not , to bring to nought things that are , that no flesh should glory in His prescence.

I saw a great golden river being poured out from heaven it hit a great and high mountain many churches and groups were upon the mountain , some were higher up the mountain than others , thier thoughts were because we are higher upon the mountain we are CLOSER to God.

Then a voice from heaven cried LOWER LOWER and the Living waters gushed passed them all , still the voice cried LOWER the waters hit the Base of the mountain the waters flowed LOWER down into the hedges and lanes into deep dark cracks in the earth.

Broken smashed souls arose and WORSHIPED Him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.

Pentecost has drowned at sea , it is fine for the ship to be upon the sea yet no good at all for the sea to be in the ship.

Even as Josephs day came so shall it be to those whom Gods hand has been upon , four times he said to his Brothers if i do not see my Brothers face you shall not see my face , and so the Lord would say to us all .....IF I DO NOT SEE MY BROTHERS FACE YOU SHALL NOT SEE MY FACE SAITH THE LORD.

Do all things as unto the lord , yes even as you do unto the least of these my brethren you do unto me.

But when lord , did we not do these things unto you ?

Many live in a world whithin a world many names babtist AOG salvationists so many many names upon all these ships that trade upon the seas , none of these names shall be in heaven.

The storm already comes the door shall shut , take heed , take heed He comes for the fruit , I do these things saith the lord for many have called that which is clean unclean and that which is unclean clean.

Were the four lepers great men Listen to thier words.....11kings:7:4 If we say , we will entre into the city , then the famine is in the city , and we shall die there , and if we sit still here , we die also . Now therefore come , and let us fall unto the host of the syrians if they save us alive , we shall liive , and if they kill us , we shall die.

2kings7:9 Then they said one to another , we do not well, this day is a day of good tidings and we hold our peace , if we tarry till morning light some mischief will come upon us . NOW THEREFORE COME LET US GO AND TELL THE KINGS HOUSEHOLD.

Thankyou FATHER that you have chosen the weak the despised those ones that many have deemed unclean that no flesh should glory.

Blessed are those i find watching and ready for i shall gird myself and serve you.
How vessels shall be shattered at such love.

Oh Father for the NATURE of the LAMB.

LOOK what JESUS has said what JESUS has done.....

The spirit of the Lord God is upon me , because the Lord hath annointed me to preach good tidings unto the MEEK He hath sent me to bind up the BROKEN HEARTED to proclaim liberty to the CAPTIVES and the opening of the prison to them that are bound , to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord...........and the day of vengeance of our God......to COMFORT ALL who MOURNE.

Rev 5: and they fell down before the LAMB.

YOU SHALL REJOICE.........

And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.

2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

4 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.

5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble.

6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

7 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

10 The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.

YOU SHALL REJOICE...........

Edited by Greg Woolston on 01/07/2016 at 6:27pm
View Greg Woolston's Profile Search for other posts by Greg Woolston
Jeff Kingshott

Posted: 01/07/2016 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote Jeff Kingshott

here is an important lesson

Numbers 12

12 Now Miriam and Aaron talked against Moses [their
brother] because of his Cushite wife, for he had
married a Cushite woman.
2 And they said, Has the Lord indeed spoken only by
Moses? Has He not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard
it.
3 Now the man Moses was very meek (gentle, kind, and
humble) or above all the men on the face of the earth.
4 Suddenly the Lord said to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam,
Come out, you three, to the Tent of Meeting. And the
three of them came out.

5 The Lord came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at
the Tent door and called Aaron and Miriam, and they came
forward.
6 And He said, Hear now My words: If there is a prophet
among you, I the Lord make Myself known to him in a
vision and speak to him in a dream.
7 But not so with My servant Moses; he is entrusted and
faithful in all My house.
8 With him I speak mouth to mouth [directly], clearly and
not in dark speeches; and he beholds the form of the
Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against My
servant Moses?

9 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them, and
He departed.
10 And when the cloud departed from over the Tent,
behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. And Aaron
looked at Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous!
11 And Aaron said to Moses, Oh, my lord, I plead with
you, lay not the sin upon us in which we have done
foolishly and in which we have sinned.
12 Let her not be as one dead, already half decomposed
when he comes out of his mother’s womb.
13 And Moses cried to the Lord, saying, Heal her now, O
God, I beseech You!
14 And the Lord said to Moses, If her father had but spit
in her face, should she not be ashamed for seven days?
Let her be shut up outside the camp for seven days, and
after that let her be brought in again.
15 So Miriam was shut up without the camp for seven days,
and the people did not journey on until Miriam was
brought in again.
16 Afterward [they] removed from Hazeroth and encamped in
the Wilderness of Paran.
Footnotes:

Numbers 12:1 Zipporah, Moses’ wife, seems to have died
some time before. Marriage with a Canaanite was
forbidden, but not with an Egyptian or Cushite. Joseph’s
wife was an Egyptian (Gen. 41:45).

Edited by Jeff Kingshott on 01/07/2016 at 6:48pm

Rose Cooper

Posted: 01/07/2016 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

Christianity, in certain forms, would have us believe that humility is defined thusly:

"A virtue by which a man knowing himself as he truly is, abases himself.

Abase means to "behave in a way that belittles or degrades" either yourself or someone else.

I do not and will not believe that God intends for us to belittle or degrade ourselves especially when the Bible tells us so many times of our
position in Christ in terms that entirely contradiction any notion of abasement.

In Christ we are:

Righteous - For he hath made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. - 2
Corinthians 5:21

Romans 5:17, "For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall
reign in life by one, Jesus Christ."

Blessed - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ
- Ephesians 1:3

Highly Favoured - Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted (highly favored) in the beloved. - Ephesians 1:5-6

No longer sinners - Hebrews 9:14, "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God,
purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Hebrews 10:17, "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."

A New Creation - 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things
are become new."

So if you abase yourself before God, declaring yourself to be worthless, a sinner, and all the other things people call themselves when they 'humble'
themselves you are denying the work of Christ on the cross.

I believe that the other definition of humility is the one we should consider.

"the quality or state of not thinking you are better or worse than other people"

True humility is knowing exactly who you are and thinking neither less of yourself (false pride) or more of yourself (pride) than you are. You are not
gaining anything by abasing and abusing yourself thinking that this is how you humble yourself. Know who you are in Christ and approach the throne
with boldness.

Therefore we should come with boldness to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and may find grace for help in time of need. - Hebrews
4:16

This verse alone contradicts the notion of squirming on the ground throwing verbal mud on ourselves in an attempt to 'humble' ourselves. Know who you
are and approach God in full awareness of that position! You might be very surprised.

Imagine for a moment that you replaced 'humility' in the Bible with the words 'know who you are in Christ'.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with knowing who you are in Christ comes wisdom.
- Proverbs 11:12

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, knowing who you are, gentleness and patience. -
Colossians 3:12

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk in knowledge of who you are with your God.
Micah 6:8

Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides those who know who they are in what is right
and teaches them his way.
Psalm 25:8-9

Edited by Rose Cooper on 01/07/2016 at 9:29pm
View Rose Cooper's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Cooper
Greg Woolston

Posted: 01/07/2016 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote Greg Woolston

Is He not our BEAUTIFUL FRIEND altogether lovely. Jesus being in the very nature of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped but made himself nothing , taking the very nature of a servant , being made in human likeness and being found in the appearance as a man HE HUMBLED himself and became obediient to death even death on a cross.
Jesus said i am meek and lowly in heart COME LEARN OF ME blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.

I have prayed now for many many years and desired to know what true humilty is , when i read HE resists the proud but gives Grace to the humble.
I have suffered greatly because of my pride my selfessness the lust of my eyes and the lust of my flesh ,i have been brought low before Him many times in fear and trembling because of my sin my weaknesses and my base behaviour to find comfort outside of Him.

Yet today i take great comfort in knowing He chastens those whom he loves.

Often i have wished i was as other mighty men and woman of God who believe his word and stand , yet i am weak and base i have been as a dog that returns to its vomit like a pig to the mire , yet i have felt his gentle hand upon me in my terrible condition as He has whispered in my ear fear not my son nor be dismayed for i know your heart and i love you.

I love what you both have said , moses being Gods FRIEND , and believing and standing upon the promises of God which are all yes and amen , i am a work in progress and welcome His Holy fire to bring forth my faith in Him and Him alone for i so desire to PLEASE HIM.

Edited by Greg Woolston on 01/07/2016 at 11:45pm
Greg Woolston

Posted: 01/07/2016 at 10:58pm | IP Logged Quote Greg Woolston

THIS IS A STUDY I READ ON THE NET ABOUT HUMILITY.

"Let him that is chief among you be as he that doth serve."¡XLuke xxii. 26.

We have studied humility in the person and teaching of Jesus; let us now look for it in the circle of His chosen companions¡Xthe twelve apostles. If, in the lack of it, we find in them the contrast between Christ and men is brought out more clearly, it will help us to appreciate the mighty change which Pentecost wrought in them, and prove how real our participation can be in the perfect triumph of Christ's humility over the pride Satan had breathed into man.

In the texts quoted from the teaching of Jesus, we have already seen what the occasions were on which the disciples had proved how entirely wanting they were in the grace of humility. Once they had been disputing by the way which of them should be the greatest. Another time the sons of Zebedee with their mother had asked for the first places¡Xthe seat on the right hand and the left. And, later on, at the Supper table on the last night, there was again a contention which should be accounted the greatest. Not that there were not moments when they indeed humbled themselves before their Lord. So it was with Peter when he cried out, "Depart from me, O Lord, for I am a sinful man." So, too, with the disciples when they fell down and worshipped Him who had stilled the storm. But such occasional expressions of humility only bring out into stronger relief what was the habitual tone of their mind, as shown in the natural and spontaneous revelation given at other times of the place and the power of self. The study of the meaning of all this will teach us most important lessons. First, How much there may be of earnest and active religion while humility is still sadly wanting.¡XSee it in the disciples. There was in them fervent attachment to Jesus. They had forsaken all for Him. The Father had revealed to them that He was the Christ of God. They believed in Him, they loved Him, they obeyed His commandments. They had forsaken all to follow Him. When others went back, they clave to Him. They were ready to die with Him. But deeper down than all this there was a dark power, of the existence and the hideousness of which they were hardly conscious, which had to be slain and cast out, ere they could be the witnesses of the power of Jesus to save. It is even so still. We may find professors and ministers, evangelists and workers, missionaries and teachers, in whom the gifts of the Spirit are many and manifest, and who are the channels of blessing to multitudes, but of whom, when the testing time comes, or closer intercourse gives fuller knowledge, it is only too painfully manifest that the grace of humility, as an abiding characteristic, is scarce to be seen. All tends to confirm the lesson that humility is one of the chief and the highest graces; one of the most difficult of attainment; one to which our first and chiefest efforts ought to be directed; one that only comes in power, when the fullness of the Spirit makes us partakers of the indwelling Christ, and He lives within us.

Second, How impotent all external teaching and all personal effort is, to conquer pride or give the meek and lowly heart.¡XFor three years the disciples had been in the training school of Jesus. He had told them what the chief lesson was He wished to teach them: "Learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart." Time after time He had spoken to them, to the Pharisees, to the multitude, of humility as the only path to the glory of God. He had not only lived before them as the Lamb of God in His divine humility, He had more than once unfolded to them the inmost secret of His life: "The Son of Man came not to be served, but so serve"; "I am among you as one that serveth." He had washed their feet, and told them they were to follow His example. And yet all had availed but little. At the Holy Supper there was still the contention as to who should be greatest. They had doubtless often tried to learn His lessons, and firmly resolved not again to grieve Him. But all in vain. To teach them and us the much-needed lesson, that no outward instruction, not even of Christ Himself; no argument, however convincing; no sense of the beauty of humility, however deep; no personal resolve or effort, however sincere and earnest,¡Xcan cast out the devil of pride. When Satan casts out Satan, it is only to enter afresh in a mightier, though more hidden power. Nothing can avail but this, that the new nature in its divine humility be revealed in power to take the place of the old, to become as truly our very nature as that ever was.

Third, It is only by the indwelling of Christ in His divine humility that we become truly humble.¡XWe have our pride from another, from Adam; we must have our humility from Another too. Pride is ours, and rules in us with such terrible power, because it is ourself, our very nature. Humility must be ours in the same way; it must be our very self, our very nature. As natural and easy as it has been to be proud, it must be, it will be, to be humble. The promise is, " Where," even in the heart, "sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly." All Christ's teaching of His disciples, and all their vain efforts, were the needful preparation for His entering into them in divine power, to give and be in them whit He had taught them to desire. In His death He destroyed the power of the devil, He put away sin, and effected an everlasting redemption. In His resurrection He received from the Father an entirely new life, the life of man in the power of God, capable of being communicated to men, and entering and renewing and filling their lives with His divine power. In His ascension He received the Spirit of the Father, through whom He might do what He could not do while upon earth, make Himself one with those He loved, actually live their life for them, so that they could live before the Father in a humility like His, because it was Himself who lived and breathed in them. And on Pentecost He came and took possession. The work of preparation and conviction, the awakening of desire and hope which His teaching had effected, was perfected by the mighty change that Pentecost wrought. And the lives and the epistles of James and Peter and John bear witness that all was changed, and that the spirit of the meek and suffering Jesus had indeed possession of them.

What shall we say to these things? Among my readers I am sure there is more than one class. There may be some who have never yet thought very specially of the matter, and cannot at once realize its immense importance as a life question for the Church and its every member. There are others who have felt condemned for their shortcomings, and have put forth very earnest efforts, only to fail and be discouraged. Others, again, may be able to give joyful testimony of spiritual blessing and power, and yet there has never been the needed conviction of what those around them still see as wanting. And still others may be able to witness that in regard to this grace too the Lord has given deliverance and victory, while He has taught them how much they still need and may expect out of the fullness of Jesus. To whichever class we belong, may I urge the pressing need there is for our all seeking a still deeper conviction of the unique place that humility holds in the religion of Christ, and the utter impossibility of the Church or the believer being what Christ would have them be, as long as His humility is not recognized as His chief glory, His first command, and our highest blessedness. Let us consider deeply how far the disciples were advanced while this grace was still so terribly lacking, and let us pray to God that other gifts may not so satisfy us, that we never grasp the fact that the absence of this grace is the secret cause why the power of God cannot do its mighty work. It is only where we, like the Son, truly know and show that we can do nothing of ourselves, that God will do all.

It is when the truth of an indwelling Christ takes the place it claims in the experience of believers, that the Church will put on her beautiful garments, and humility be seen in her teachers and members as the beauty of holiness.

„×

Rose Cooper

Posted: 01/08/2016 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

When you know who you are, the ego, the 'I', the self-will, the flesh whatever you want to call it, is defeated. You do not need to feed your insecurity
with elevating yourself, nor do you need to abase yourself to mortify the flesh which is entirely self-effort and doomed to failure. You know you are.
You know who you are in relation to God, to Jesus, and walk secure in the knowledge. You can put others first (prefer others) because the ego does not
fear being left out, or not recognised, or any of the other things that result from not knowing who we are.

Being mature sons of God means knowing who you are. This is achieved by renewing your mind with the truth, which will set you free. This is the
beginning of wisdom. Know who you are.
View Rose Cooper's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Cooper
Jeff Kingshott

Posted: 01/08/2016 at 10:51am | IP Logged Quote Jeff Kingshott

Humility can only be born through The True love of The Father and is carved out through his Word in Spirit !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCrDcLqZ4Qk Two Christian singers husband and wife

Edited by Jeff Kingshott on 01/08/2016 at 11:01am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version