Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: The Day I Encountered The Living Moving Throne of GOD by Dr. Theresa Phillips Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kimberly Fowler

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01/10/2016 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

The Day I Encountered The Living Moving Throne of GOD

Dr. Theresa Phillips

It's True The Throne of God Moves!

Daniel 7:9 “As I looked,“thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat.

His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool.

His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.

Upon reading this scripture, I became convinced that the Throne of The Almighty is moving two and for throughout the earth.

Several years ago I was in the Hospital where I had an experience that changed me forever.

I had been put in Isolation due to a possible infection... ( I didn't have one.)

The entire time I was in there all I could do is cry out "God Show me your glory. Please Show me your glory!"

I pleaded with Him day and night. event tho I knew I was sick.

One particular evening about 5 PM I heard over the Speaker Code Blue Code Blue . At that moment, I was beaconing the nurse for personal assistance.

When I outwardly yelled "Stop That Code Blue in Jesus name!"

I did this quite selfishly for I needed a nurse. Badly!

Instantly the words rang out cancel code Blue Cancel Code blue.

I was happy... The nurse came in and helped me.

The next evening about 6:30 PM a nurse came into my room asking if I would allow a visitor "No!" I said, "I want to be left alone."

I had been crying out all day "Please show me your glory" Please show me your glory PLEASE LORD!"

The nurse came in again saying there is a lady here she won't leave. I said, "tell her to go...

Then the nurse came back she has a small bouquet of flowers... and said "A woman named Angie is here she won't leave she insists on speaking with you."

Ok" I said

They let her in...

When she came in she was weeping but with a smile.

Pastor T! "Yes Angie" She had been a former congregant of mine.

"Last night I heard you cry stop that code blue!"

"Yes, I did" I admitted....... She went on to say.... "That cold blue was my mom she died last night."

"After you yelled she came back to life! She is alive ALIVE! We heard you down the hall I KNEW IT WAS YOUR VOICE" She said.

I was shocked and a bit humbled.... she was so happy and I was too. What a miracle!

We thanked Jesus together and she went down the hall to see her mom.

I sat in shock knowing full well she had brought to me a "glory" that I had not expected.. The presence within me ... was moving and I did not know it. That presence we all carry is and was the move of GOD....

In my hospital room..From a Sickbed.

The next day I was weeping again tired of being in the hospital it had been almost 10 days... So, I Slept ...

Something began to happen early the next morning.

I had taken a turn for the worse I didn't know it. I had begun to lose potassium and as I awoke I had different iv's in my arms and lots of people in my room...I was in tremendous pain. My levels were cardiac arrest levels. But that did not happen. THANK GOD!

I cried out" Show me your glory Lord."... I fell back to sleep with the nurses in the room I was very weak.

As the day continued I began to improve I was feeling well enough to speak with a nurse who was a devout Christian. She began to tell me how seriously ill I had become and that I almost passed in the early hours of the morning...I was totally unaware of this situation for all I thought I was doing was sleeping and inside crying "Show me your Glory O Lord I want so see you as Moses Did."

The nurse began to pray for me.. I could feel the Spirit of the Lord. As she prayed I'd be able to swallow the meds they had prescribed for me I could not swallow them before. Yet she kept on praying.

When I was able to swallow the meds began to work and I felt somewhat better .She came back into my room a bit later and I was feel better Something had happened...I didn't know what it was.."Just show me your Glory O Lord" is all asked...

All of a sudden nurses came into the room and just talked to each other as if I was not there I was astonished ... Why in my room I thought..How odd. They, would just smile at me and leave...

I fell back to sleep My heart was ok my body was finally responding to medication. Angie had surly perked me up spiritually with her mom..Thank you, Jesus!!!

But Lord What about that Glory? I was still begging pleading and waiting.

The phone rang a dear lady who loves the Glory called She said: "I've been watching you in the spirit stay in the Glory".

I was thinking What Glory...

I fell back to sleep "Show me O Lord Show Me.!.."

About 6 Am I awoke ... I was awake and alert and The Spirit of The Lord invaded my room.

"Theresa look toward the window."

I did My heart leaped I was in Ezekiel chapter 1 I was watching something amazing.

In the window was the face of an Ox I gasped Then I saw the face of the Lion I began to weep. Then I saw the Beak of an Eagle Which was moving closer and closer to me... I cried out "Where is the face of GOD the Man?"

Instantly I was out of the bed rushing toward the window.

Standing 3 stories up in the window was the face of the man. I could hear wheels turning I looked around me. Nothing was there. But I knew They were there! The Lords Moving Throne! I could smell hyssop it was amazing! I heard wings in the room I looked to see if Angels has visited .... I was in AWE. I wept with pure "Joy" I was in the Glory Realm of GOD!

I was exhilarated I was alive I was well! I had been healed.

The Spirit of the Lord spoke to me "Theresa I have shown you much Glory in these past days, now go home and walk in this ... Prophecy and Be strong and of Good Courage...(Joshua 1: 9 )

I wanted to pull out my iv's! I started to remove the heart monitor. The nurses came in. I was on the phone calling my husband "Come get me i'm well. God healed me i'm coming home!"

The nurses were surprised when I told them I'm going home. They were shocked!

They drew blood The Dr. came in ALL MY VITALS WERE NORMAL "GO HOME" HE SAID "WE CAN'T SEE WHY YOU'RE HERE NOW!"

I never had an accurate diagnoses as to why I was there...

When my husband came to get me he was stunned.. I was stunned! But I told him I was near the river Kebar and I saw the Living Creatures The Throne had come to me. I was in His Majestic Presence of Eternity drew near... That realm had visited me. I saw and heard I felt and smelled and the words were like honey on my lips I had been forever changed. AND IM HEALED!

I can tell you it's true... The Throne Moves MOVES! I am a WITNESS.

He put me in a wheelchair they insisted I take the ride to the car.... As I did I noticed another miracle. The Hospital floor I was on....EMPTY   Asking the nurse who was with us where are the patients"? She said "The strangest thing has happened one by one patient were getting well and going home It's strange yes?"

Now I must tell you this..... when I arrived at the hospital there was NO BED available for me I Had to wait...

I looked at my husband we smiled at each other.

Surely God had invaded the hospital and all in the place had engaged in His beautiful Glory!

Yes Lord you Showed me Your Glory alright I Believe in the Moving Throne and realized from that moment on When we HUNGER after that which we Know Not Of... But only heard about it. When we cry out for HIS PRESENCE we will never know how He will show up and show himself to us.

I was looking for His glory in a different way. BUT, what I received was far better than I had ever imagined.

I was honored and privileged to be apart of this encounter...To God Be The Glory! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!

Ezekiel 1New International Version (NIV)

Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision

1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians.[a] There the hand of the Lord was on him.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

God Bless All and Stay Seeing The Glory!

Dr. Theresa Phillips

GlobalProphetic@aol.com

Founder and Chief, Editor, Global Prophetic Voice
Email: GlobalProphetic@aol.com
View Kimberly Fowler's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberly Fowler
Rose Cowen

Posted: 01/11/2016 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Rose Cowen

Thank you for sharing ...thank you Jesus
View Rose Cowen's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Cowen
Rose Cooper

Posted: 01/11/2016 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

I am going to be a wet blanket again.

1. Numbers 23:19King James Version (KJV)

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he
spoken, and shall he not make it good?

so this is not Biblical :

Quote:
"Where is the face of GOD the Man?"

2. Exodus 33:20

'But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"'

Quote:
"Show me your Glory O Lord I want so see you as Moses Did."

Which would mean that God would not show His face, if He did as she asked. And let's not forget that God put Moses inside a rock and covered the rock
with His hand so that Moses could not see.

3. Documentation?

Quote:
As I did I noticed another miracle. The Hospital floor I was on....EMPTY   Asking the nurse who was with us where are the patients"? She
said "The strangest thing has happened one by one patient were getting well and going home It's strange yes?"

One would expect a hospital being supernaturally emptied in this day and age would make headline news. So where is the documentation?

Please, check with the Holy Spirit about things. You have the Spirit to lead you into ALL truth .... when something is off kilter the Spirit is
there to give you that internal nudge that not all is as it appears.   

Edited by Rose Cooper on 01/11/2016 at 10:08am
View Rose Cooper's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Cooper
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 01/11/2016 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

Rose, she was referring to the cheribim that surround the
throne which "represent" a part of God.
Ezekiel 10:14 Each of the cherubim had four faces: One face
was that of a cherub, the second the face of a human being,
the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an
eagle.
Considering that the ox, the eagle, the lion represent
something of the divinity, the one with the face of the man
seemed to hold significance for this lady. So she saw the
face of the ox and the lion and eagle, but did not see the
fourth which has the face of man but represents a part of
God.
That was my understanding from her writing.

Also she said she was in the hospital for 10 days, and if
over the course of those days God did a work on the floor
of the hospital that she was on (she said it was a floor
and not the entire hospital) and God caused people to
recover one by one, others may have just attributed it to
"luck" or good fortune and not given any glory to God in
it. Considering that the news gives very little credence to
anything of God, this probably did not seem to be
newsworthy to others even if considered unusual that
hospital patients were quickly transitioning out of a floor
or wing of a hospital.
Many "miracles" people explain away and give credit to the
doctors or medicine or the body's ability to heal itself.
Yet if God showed her in her spirit that He was the reason
for the quick emptying of that floor, she would not
necessarily have written proof but the confirmation in her
spirit to go by.
For the veracity of God's work, do we need newspapers to
confirm them when we have God's Word to verify that signs
and wonders shall follow us? Why be skeptical that God
could work smaller wonders as well as the big ones? Yet
smaller wonders could be easily overlooked by others who do
not believe in God and would not make the news at all. The
news rarely focuses on good stories when the horror stories
make a bigger impact.
I did not find anything in her post which was not
scriptural. We have worship songs that we sing saying, "we
want to see your face, God". We understand the spiritual
aspect and do not take it in a literal sense. So I do not
look at it as if she is non-scriptural.
Having said that, the scriptures you stated are very true
and we do want to use discernment when we read something
and always stand everything against the scripture.

Edited by Kimberly Fowler on 01/11/2016 at 11:53am
Rose Cooper

Posted: 01/11/2016 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

Hi Kimberley,

Yes the ox, the lion and the eagle refer to the cherubim, which Dr Phillips sees first, then she says "Where is the face of GOD the Man?" which is
at very least demonstrating an incomplete understand of what the Bible says about God and at worst a deliberate untruth. The notion that god IS
man, or that man is god, is at the heart of the New Age movement and to have that particular phrase pop up in this context - well even if I give
the benefit of the doubt and say it demonstrates a lack of knowledge of what the Bible says about God - well even that is enough to bring this
into question. Surely a person who is a minister and church leader should have a better knowledge of the Bible (and God) and should have
sufficient insight not to say something that is so clearly not Biblical that could easily lead someone into deception?

I also find the statement remarkably arrogant. In fact there is a distinct lack of awe in this entire message. If you have ever been in presence of God - trust
me you do not have the presence of mind to say 'Where is the face of God the Man?" in whatever tone she said it. God says to Moses - no man can see My face and
live. After Moses received the ten commandments he was so transformed by the close encounter with God that his face shone and had to wear a veil until it wore
off. Throughout the entire Bible people fall on their faces in awe at just seeing an angel up close and personal and she sees the throne of God, with the
cherubim and says, with no trace of any awe, 'where is the face of God, the man"? I disbelieve this account, and find the tenor lacking in the one thing that
should be overwhelmingly present - awe and reverence.

As for the hospital - she testifies that the hospital was, just ten days previously, so full there was 'no room at the inn' and now at least one
floor is empty. That is pretty remarkable and surely would not have passed without comment - if true. Again, let's give the benefit of the doubt
and the hospital / floor was not as empty as she says and she is playing it up for dramatic effect - but the question remains.

It is also good to have proof. Jesus himself told the leper to go and show himself healed.

Jesus Heals a Man With Leprosy

Matthew 8:

1.When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2 A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you
are willing, you can make me clean.”

3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. 4 Then Jesus
said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to
them.”

There is also an organisation of Christian doctors whose name I forget, who meet regularly to offer testimony of medically verified healings and
miracles.

There is a place for proof.

Edited by Rose Cooper on 01/11/2016 at 12:00pm
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 01/11/2016 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

If she would have said, "where is God, the face of the
eagle?", we would understand that she is still referring to
the faces of the cheribim in their representation of God or
the character of God that it represents. I would not assume
that she is dissembling or trying to deceive people, and to
assume that because someone has an anointing to teach makes
them perfect in that field is conferring a tremendous
burden of responsibility that we ourselves could not carry.
God uses imperfect vessels that grow in the gifting and
knowledge over a progress of time. We need to read with
discernment but also give people grace and latitude knowing
that it is God working but through very human and imperfect
vessels. She is giving her testimony to the glory of God
but why would she require proof before being allowed to
share it?
Because of Levitical laws still in place at the time, a
leper was required to be examined by a priest before coming
back into the community (Leviticus 14), so the proof was
required in that case. But do we as Christians need proof
to believe when a person gives a testimony of God's
goodness? And she does seem to be in awe of God as she
states, "I was in AWE. I wept with pure "Joy" I was in the
Glory Realm of GOD!"
I believe this post was meant as an encouragement
of the goodness and faithfulness of God and not given to
lure people away from truth. I do not see anything in this
post other than this lady giving a testimony of what she
went through and God coming into her situation and bringing
deliverance for herself and others. She may have not worded
things in the manner that gave complete correct
interpretation but within the context and the scripture
that she gave along with it, I believe she was referring to
the fourth image of the cherubims and not indicating in any
measure a lack of divinity of God. I believe her own words
give the emphasis of this post:

"When we cry out for HIS PRESENCE we will never know how He
will show up and show himself to us.

I was looking for His glory in a different way. BUT, what I
received was far better than I had ever imagined.

I was honored and privileged to be apart of this
encounter...To God Be The Glory! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!"

Edited by Kimberly Fowler on 01/11/2016 at 2:59pm
Rose Cooper

Posted: 01/11/2016 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Rose Cooper

I'm going to say for the sake of anyone else reading, not to try to convince you, or worse argue.

Her first statement - "It's True The Throne of God Moves!" is problematic. It's true because the Bible says so and God, to the
best of my knowledge, does not need to show us something from the Bible in order to testify to its truthfulness, so I have problem with the fact that Dr Phillips thinks that either God or the Bible need her testimony to prove what the Bible says is
true. The Bible is the proof, not the other way around.

So if we remove the need for a testimony to prove a Bible verse(s) true then what are we left with? Why did she have this
experience? Why did God show her the throne? Every single time I have had an experience like this with God, it has been for a specific reason. I have come away having learned something, given a revelation that has grown my understanding of God, or given
an answer to a question(s) I have been wrestling with about some aspect of God. The important part of an experience like this,
is not the experience, but what you learn from it. While she says she was healed, she didn't need an experience like this to be
healed, and she doesn't even emphasis that as her take-away, she emphasizes "I can tell you it's true... The Throne Moves
MOVES! I am a WITNESS." and as I said God does not require such a witness. The Spirit is the witness to the truth in the
Bible. And the Bible is the proof our experience is from God.

Then we have those little details that doesn't sit right - "I could smell hyssop it was amazing!" Do you know what hyssop
smells like? I don't. I had to look it up. It smells like camphor. So if I smelled a camphor-like smell - what am I going to
call it? What would you call it? Camphor right? That is a familiar smell to most of us and what we would call it. So the
question - how did she know it was hyssop? And then there is the small fact that no-where in the Bible is hyssop associated
with the throne of God. Hyssop was used for ritual cleansing, it was used by the Israelites to put the blood of the Passover
lamb on the door and it was the stick that Jesus was offered the wine to drink on the cross.

There are 43 verses in the Bible about scents and smells. Not one mentions anything about a scent associated with the throne of
God. The Bible says in the Old Testament that various sacrifices and offerings were a soothing scent to God. The New Testament
says that we (as a living sacrifice) are a pleasing aroma to God. It mentions specific anointing oils and incense some of which
were to be burned in the temple by man. And it mentions our prayers rising up like incense.

There is only one verse in the Bible where a specific set of scents are associated with God, specifically Jesus. Psalm 45:8
describes the King's clothes as smelling of myrrh (resinous), cassia (cinnamon) and aloes (bitter).

So a scent (hyssop) is not Biblically supported.

I would add that in my experience God never says or does things that are not in the Bible. I can remember one time the Lord
said that I was the rock of Gibeon. Well I had to look hard to find that reference - but a reference there is - 2 Samuel 20:8.
Anyway I'm not going to explain what that meant to me, what God was conveying to me, but making the point that even when God
says something really obscure it is supported by the Bible.

I will state with categorical certainty that God never contradicts the Bible. Hyssop, in this context, is a
contradiction.

Dr Phillips plea is to see / experience the Glory of God, and sees the throne of God as described in the Bible and her response
is "I was honored and privileged to be apart of this encounter".

I do know of some people who had an experience with the Glory of God where they saw it as a column of radiant golden light
manifest in a room I will add that none of the people present could stand, one person came in and accidentally brushed against
the edge and fell to the floor, one other person put their hand in it for a few seconds and could not tolerate the intensity of
the experience for more than a few microseconds. I have spoken to all four people who were there that day about what happened -
none of them have words to describe the intensity of the experience. All of them run out of superlatives when trying to
describe the light. Every one was overwhelmed by the presence of God, which they also lack words to describe. They describe the
glory as a weight, pressing them down. They had difficulty breathing with the weight of the glory. As I said none of them could
stand. All were overcome, and overwhelmed with indescribable awe and wonder and praise and marvel and reverence to the point
none of them could speak. And that was just the Glory of God, not the throne, not God himself, just ('just') the light of His
Glory.

The honour and privilege belong to God. All praise and honour and glory are His and when you come into His presence, you are
aware of nothing else but His Honour, His Glory, His Majesty, and if you are able, if you were able to coherently string words
together, the only thing that you say are His praises. You can do nothing else.

So yes, I have doubts about this experience. I question if it happened, and if it happened, why it happened, what was the
purpose, I question why it glorifies Dr Phillips - I am here to testify the Bible is true? and I question why the emphasis is
on the experience itself and not on God. In every aspect this is not right.

Edited by Rose Cooper on 01/11/2016 at 9:43pm
Kimberly Fowler

Posted: 01/12/2016 at 3:05am | IP Logged Quote Kimberly Fowler

It is interesting that she smelled Hyssop. I actually have a bottle of hyssop in my bathroom at the moment which I have been taking myself to help with my healing. I have had hyssop for over a year in my closet but just started using it recently in the last couple of months when I got sick. It does have a unique smell but not unpleasant. Hyssop is very healing, and has twice knocked out a cold before it had a chance to start. Because it is used now for health and healing, when I smell it, I associate it with that.
We all have unique testimonies which I even have some myself which I have told my mom that I could not tell anybody because they would never believe me.
So it is up to individuals what they get from this. I have read multiple posts from Theresa Phillips and have been blessed by many of them as I was blessed by this one as well.

As a plug for hyssop, I actually have a shrubby plant in my garden which is from the hyssop family. It supposedly is supposed to have a sweet smell when it flowers, but my plant does not get enough sun to flourish like it ought, but it keeps trying and comes back each year.
JaneGreenstein

Posted: 01/12/2016 at 4:11am | IP Logged Quote JaneGreenstein

This came to mind:

Ezekiel 1 Living Bible (TLB)

1-3 Ezekiel was a priest (the son of Buzi) who lived with the Jewish exiles beside the Chebar Canal in Babylon.

One day late in June, when I was thirty years old,a]">[a] the heavens were suddenly opened to me and I saw visions from God. I saw, in this vision, a great storm coming toward me from the north, driving before it a huge cloud glowing with fire, with a mass of fire inside that flashed continually; and in the fire there was something that shone like polished brass.

Then from the center of the cloud, four strange forms appeared that looked like men, except that each had four faces and two pairs of wings! Their legs were like those of men, but their feet were cloven like calves’ feet, and shone like burnished brass. And beneath each of their wings I could see human hands.

The four living beings were joined wing to wing, and they flew straight forward without turning. 10 Each had the face of a man in front,b]">[b] with a lion’s face on the right side of his head,* and the face of an ox on the left side, and the face of an eagle at the back! 11 Each had two pairs of wings spreading out from the middle of his back. One pair stretched out to attach to the wings of the living beings on each side, and the other pair covered his body. 12 Wherever their spiritc]">[c] went they went, going straight forward without turning.

13 Going up and down among them were other forms that glowed like bright coals of fire or brilliant torches, and it was from these the lightning flashed. 14 The living beings darted to and fro, swift as lightning.

15 As I stared at all of this, I saw four wheels on the ground beneath them, one wheel belonging to each. 16 The wheels looked as if they were made of polished amber, and each wheel was constructed with a second wheel crosswise inside.d]">[d] 17 They could go in any of the four directions without having to face around. 18 The four wheels had rims and spokes, and the rims were filled with eyes around their edges.

19-21 When the four living beings flew forward, the wheels moved forward with them. When they flew upwards, the wheels went up too. When the living beings stopped, the wheels stopped. For the spirit of the four living beings was in the wheels; so wherever their spirit went, the wheels and the living beings went there too.

22 The sky spreading out above them looked as though it were made of crystal; it was inexpressibly beautiful.

23 The wings of each stretched straight out to touch the others’ wings, and each had two wings covering his body. 24 And as they flew, their wings roared like waves against the shore, or like the voice of God, or like the shouting of a mighty army. When they stopped, they let down their wings. 25 And every time they stopped, there came a voice from the crystal sky above them.e]">[e]

26 For high in the sky above them was what looked like a throne made of beautiful blue sapphire stones, and upon it sat someone who appeared to be a Man.

27-28 From his waist up, he seemed to be all glowing bronze, dazzling like fire; and from his waist down he seemed to be entirely flame, and there was a glowing halo like a rainbow all around him. That was the way the glory of the Lord appeared to me. And when I saw it, I fell face downward on the ground and heard the voice of someone speaking to me:

Here is the commentary from Matthew Henry on this subject:

Four Wheels

Chapter Contents

Ezekiel's vision of God, and of the angelic host. (1-14) The conduct of Divine Providence. (15-25) A revelation of the Son of man upon his heavenly throne. (26-28)

Commentary on Ezekiel 1:1-14

(Read Ezekiel 1:1-14)

It is a mercy to have the word of God brought to us, and a duty to attend to it diligently, when we are in affliction. The voice of God came in the fullness of light and power, by the Holy Spirit. These visions seem to have been sent to possess the prophet's mind with great and high thoughts of God. To strike terror upon sinners. To speak comfort to those that feared God, and humbled themselves. In verses 4-14, is the first part of the vision, which represents God as attended and served by a vast company of angels, who are all his messengers, his ministers, doing his commandments. This vision would impress the mind with solemn awe and fear of the Divine displeasure, yet raise expectations of blessings. The fire is surrounded with a glory. Though we cannot by searching find out God to perfection, yet we see the brightness round about it. The likeness of the living creatures came out of the midst of the fire; angels derive their being and power from God. They have the understanding of a man, and far more. A lion excels in strength and boldness. An ox excels in diligence and patience, and unwearied discharge of the work he has to do. An eagle excels in quickness and piercing sight, and in soaring high; and the angels, who excel man in all these respects, put on these appearances. The angels have wings; and whatever business God sends them upon, they lose no time. They stood straight, and firm, and steady. They had not only wings for motion, but hands for action. Many persons are quick, who are not active; they hurry about, but do nothing to purpose; they have wings, but no hands. But wherever the angels' wings carried them, they carried hands with them, to be doing what duty required. Whatever service they went about, they went every one straight forward. When we go straight, we go forward; when we serve God with one heart, we perform work. They turned not when they went. They made no mistakes; and their work needed not to be gone over again. They turned not from their business to trifle with any thing. They went whithersoever the Spirit of God would have them go. The prophet saw these living creatures by their own light, for their appearance was like burning coals of fire; they are seraphim, or "burners;" denoting the ardour of their love to God, and fervent zeal in his service. We may learn profitable lessons from subjects we cannot fully enter into or understand. But let us attend to the things which relate to our peace and duty, and leave secret things to the Lord, to whom alone they belong.

Commentary on Ezekiel 1:15-25

(Read Ezekiel 1:15-25)

Providence, represented by the wheels, produces changes. Sometimes one spoke of the wheel is uppermost, sometimes another; but the motion of the wheel on its own axletree is regular and steady. We need not despond in adversity; the wheels are turning round and will raise us in due time, while those who presume in prosperity know not how soon they may be cast down. The wheel is near the living creatures; the angels are employed as ministers of God's providence. The spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels; the same wisdom, power, and holiness of God, that guide and govern the angels, by them order all events in this lower world. The wheel had four faces, denoting that the providence of God exerts itself in all parts. Look every way upon the wheel of providence, it has a face toward you. Their appearance and work were as a wheel in the middle of a wheel. The disposals of Providence seem to us dark, perplexed, and unaccountable, yet are all wisely ordered for the best. The motion of these wheels was steady, regular, and constant. They went as the Spirit directed, therefore returned not. We should not have to undo that by repentance which we have done amiss, if we followed the guidance of the Spirit. The rings, or rims of the wheels were so vast, that when put in motion the prophet was afraid to look upon them. The consideration of the height and depth of God's counsel should awe us. They were full of eyes round about. The motions of Providence are all directed by infinite Wisdom. All events are determined by the eyes of the Lord, which are in every place beholding the evil and the good; for there is no such thing as chance or fortune. The firmament above was a crystal, glorious, but terribly so. That which we take to be a dark cloud, is to God clear as crystal, through which he looks upon all the inhabitants of the earth. When the angels had roused a careless world, they let down their wings, that God's voice might be plainly heard. The voice of Providence is to open men's ears to the voice of the word. Sounds on earth should awaken our attention to the voice from heaven; for how shall we escape, if we turn away from Him that speaks from thence.

Commentary on Ezekiel 1:26-28

(Read Ezekiel 1:26-28)

The eternal Son, the second Person in the Trinity, who afterwards took the human nature, is here denoted. The first thing observed was a throne. It is a throne of glory, a throne of grace, a throne of triumph, a throne of government, a throne of judgment. It is good news to men, that the throne above the firmament is filled with One who appears, even there, in the likeness of a man. The throne is surrounded with a rainbow, the well-known emblem of the covenant, representing God's mercy and covenanted love to his people. The fire of God's wrath was breaking out against Jerusalem, but bounds should be set to it; he would look upon the bow, and remember the covenant. All the prophet saw was only to prepare him for what he was to hear. When he fell on his face, he heard the voice of One that spake. God delights to teach the humble. Let sinners, then, humble themselves before him. And let believers think upon his glory, that they may be gradually changed into his image by the Spirit of the Lord.

Ezekiel 2

Chapter Contents

The prophet is directed what he is to do. (1-5) And encouraged to be resolute, faithful, and devoted. (6-10)

Commentary on Ezekiel 2:1-5

(Read Ezekiel 2:1-5)

Lest Ezekiel should be lifted up with the abundance of the revelations, he is put in mind that still he is a son of man, a weak, mortal creature. As Christ usually called himself the Son of man, it was also an honourable distinction. Ezekiel's posture showed reverence, but his standing up would be a posture of greater readiness and fitness for business. God will speak to us, when we stand ready to do what he commands us. As Ezekiel had not strength of his own, the Spirit entered into him. God is graciously pleased to work in us whatever he requires of us. The Holy Spirit sets us upon our feet, by inclining our wills to our duty. Thus, when the Lord calls upon the sinner to awake, and attend to the concerns of his soul, the Spirit of life and grace comes with the call. Ezekiel is sent with a message to the children of Israel. Many might treat his message with contempt, yet they should know by the event that a prophet had been sent to them. God will be glorified, and his word made honourable, whether it be a savour of life unto life, or of death unto death.

Commentary on Ezekiel 2:6-10

(Read Ezekiel 2:6-10)

Those who will do any thing to purpose in the service of God, must not fear men. Wicked men are as briers and thorns; but they are nigh unto cursing, and their end is to be burned. The prophet must be faithful to the souls of those to whom he was sent. All who speak from God to others, must obey his voice. The discoveries of sin, and the warnings of wrath, should be matter of lamentation. And those acquainted with the word of God, will clearly perceive it is filled with woe to impenitent sinners; and that all the precious promises of the gospel are for the repenting, believing servants of the Lord.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version