Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Columbus, Ohio USA: Machete-Wielding Muslim Assailant Attacks Four at Christian Israeli-Owned Ohio Restaurant Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/14/2016 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Machete-Wielding Assailant Attacks Four at Christian Israeli-Owned Ohio Restaurant

Police tape surrounds the site of the Columbus, OH terror attack that took place February 12, 2016 Photo: Facebook

Police tape surrounds the site of the Columbus, OH terror attack that took place February 12, 2016 (Photo: Facebook)

A man wielding a machete entered a restaurant in Columbus, Ohio on Thursday evening and began attacking diners, managing to injure four before he was shot and killed by police in a car chase. The restaurant, called Nazareth, is owned by an Israeli Christian Arab.

The attacker was identified as Mohamed Barry, 30, a Columbus resident. “[He] immediately began swinging a machete at customers and employees inside,” Columbus police Sgt. Rich Weiner said, CNN reported. “There was no rhyme or reason as to who he was going after as soon as he walked in, according to some of the witnesses.”

The four wounded were taken to Grant Medical Center. One of the victims, a 54-year-old man, was reported by Police Chief Kim Jacobs to be in critical but stable condition. A man and a woman, both aged 43, were in stable condition, and the fourth victim, a 43-year-old man, was treated and released from the hospital.

Barry fled in a vehicle after the machete attack, but police found him after and pulled him over, at which point he emerged from his car holding a machete and another knife. He lunged at the police officers and was shot and killed by another officer in a police cruiser.

Barry was a Somali native with criminal history, a law enforcement official told CNN. His vehicle had been flagged by authorities prior to the attack, leading Columbus police to call in federal anti-terrorism officials. The attack is currently under investigation by the FBI in attempts to discover Barry’s motive. One hypothesis is that Nazareth was targeted because Barry believed that its Israeli owner, Hany Baransi, was Jewish.

Baransi, whose family is Israeli, Christian, and Arab, said he believed his restaurant was targeted because he is Israeli, though he has been in the US for decades.

“Nazareth restaurant has been a Columbus mainstay now for 30 years,” Larry Levine, a Columbus resident and founder of IsraelWatch, told Breaking Israel News. “The owner is a Christian Israeli who moved to the United States to live the American dream.

“When you enter the restaurant you immediately see a picture over the counter of a Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew all sitting together,” he continued. “That is the tone and tenor of the place.” The food, he added, is delicious as well.

Levine expressed horror at the attack, but not shock. “As someone who has been aware of and spoken out against Muslim extremism for years I am not surprised by it,” he said. He mentioned that a large community of Somali refugees is located five miles down the road from Columbus, and though it is “largely peaceful”, there is a “dark cloud over their community as some mosques have been radicalized.”

Levine, an Israel activist, said that while he doubted authorities would “officially” acknowledge that the incident was related to terror, the verdict was clear to him.

“I’m sure they won’t just come out and say it is terrorism,” he told Breaking Israel News. “They will make the typical statements like he was a loner, mentally disturbed, not representative of Islam, etc. That is what they will say. When this happens often as is now becoming the case ‘isolated instances’ are no longer isolated. Loners are no longer alone.”

He said that the attack should serve as a wake-up call for American communities, which until now have felt relatively safe from the Islamic terror spreading in the Middle East and Europe. “Now that it appears that we have the reality that Israel, France, England and so many have faced around the world in our own backyard, it is time for our community to wake up.”

Read more>

Source: Breaking Israel News

Edited by News Room on 02/14/2016 at 2:47pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/17/2016 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Nazareth Restaurant attack: a grace reminder

PUBLISHED ON 16 February, 2016 BY

USA (MNN) — A federal investigation is underway this week following a possible “lone wolf” terror attack at the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli in Columbus, Ohio.

LinkedIn_mohamed barry

Mohamed Barry
(Photo obtained via LinkedIn)

Mohamed Barry, a 30-year-old Guinea native who immigrated to the U.S. as a child, wounded four people with a machete before being chased and killed by police. In 2012, Barry showed up on the FBI’s radar when he “express[ed] radical Islamic views,” NBC4 reports.

All four victims survived the attack. While one has been treated and released, three are still in the hospital. Owner of the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli, Hany Baransi, says his facility was targeted by Barry.

“Is it a random attack? Yes, but it wasn’t a random attack like you’re walking in the street and there are 10 shops and you pick one,” Baransi told The Tower.

“It was a random attack [in so far] that I was one of the Israelis [picked] between all of the Israelis that are around here. It was a terrorist attack.”

Though authorities stressed Barry’s motives were unknown, Columbus Deputy Chief Michael Woods told the Associated Press, “[A] lone individual, machete, going into a public place, committing an assault on people that he apparently does not know: those are the things that give us concern, and those are things we wanted to answer right away.”

A search orchestrated by the FBI and Columbus police is underway for Barry’s motive and whether any foreign terrorist groups were involved. Meanwhile, Baransi and his staff are trying to return to normal.

Facebook_Nazareth restaurant

(Photo credit: Nazareth Restaurant & Deli via Facebook)

The Nazareth Restaurant & Deli, closed immediately following Barry’s attack on Thursday evening, re-opened with limited services yesterday. According to local news source Fox 28, signs and cards with the words “Nazareth Strong” lined the entrance and walls.

“We are Israelis. We are resilient, we fight back,” said Baransi.

Events like these often fuel anti-Muslim hate speech, but Frontiers USA’s Perry LaHaie offers a different perspective.

According to God’s Word, we’re all sinners. Muslims are simply people, just like you and me, who need to know Christ.

“But for the grace of God, I could end up being like that ([ike Barry],” says LaHaie. “Jesus came to me at my worst…and that just put in me a desire to share God’s grace with others.”

After learning about unreached and unengaged people groups–people who have never heard the Gospel, and people who have no way to hear about the salvation Christ offers, LaHaie searched for a way to get involved in the Great Commission.

In time, he encountered Frontiers USA and decided to join their quest to reach the world’s 1,108 unreached and unengaged Muslim people groups.

“I am a singer, songwriter, and worship leader, and so I do this thing called a Song, Stories and Nations Concert,” LaHaie explains.

Photo courtesy of Frontiers

(Photo courtesy of Frontiers)

“I share stories about how God is working in the Muslim world, and then I challenge people to join God in what He’s doing to bring the Gospel to Muslims.”

The first step of each journey, no matter how long or where it’s headed, should always be prayer. This week on Instagram, join the Frontiers USA team as they pray for unengaged Muslim people groups in six key regions: the Arab Gulf, Afghanistan and Pakistan, northeast Africa, the Caucuses, South Asia, and Indonesia.

Source: Mission Network News

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version