Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Franklin Graham Draws Largest Crowd Yet in Washington State Rally Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/30/2016 at 6:28pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Franklin Graham Draws Largest Crowd Yet

Tuesday, June 30, 2016

Franklin Graham Draws Largest Crowd Yet in Washington State Rally

News Staff (June 30, 2016) CBN

State officials said it was one of the largest rallies at Washington's Capitol in recent years.

(Olympia, WA) — [CBN News] Franklin Graham drew 5,000 Christians to his rally in Olympia, Washington, on Wednesday, his largest to date.

"Our nation is in trouble, and like many people, we are fed up," he said.

During his 31st stop on his 50-state Decision America Tour, Graham urged Americans to vote in this year's election.

"In Olympia we saw the gay pride flag flying over the mayor's office - what would happen if it were the Christian flag?" he tweeted.

Graham told the crowd he wasn't there to tell them who to vote for, but to choose a candidate who stands for Biblical principles.

He also encouraged pastors to speak out on political issues. Graham says churches today care more about political correctness than God's righteousness.

State officials said it was one of the largest rallies at Washington's Capitol in recent years.

His next stop is Juneau, Alaska.

CBN News

Source:
www.breakingchristiannews.com/

Edited by News Room on 06/30/2016 at 6:38pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/30/2016 at 6:34pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

"Be Heard, Church!" Franklin Graham's Clarion Call

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Franklin Graham: "Time for the Church to be Heard!" The Important Message from His 50-State Tour Stop in Oregon

Aimee Herd (June 29, 2016) 
www.breakingchristiannews.com/

"We won the Cold War ... And as we were celebrating the fall of Communism, secularism has come into our government. It infected Washington. It came from Washington and it has come into our state capitals. From our state capitals it has gone into our local municipalities. It is taking control of our schools. And secularism and Communism are exactly the same thing. They are both atheistic, godless systems of government.

"That is what has now taken over our country. It didn't happen overnight, ladies and gentlemen. This happened over 40 years of just quietly maneuvering and getting their politicians in power, and getting their politicians in place. And I say, 'Enough. It's time for the Church to be heard.'" -Franklin Graham

(Salem, OR)—Yesterday, Elijah List editor, Julie Smith and I heard Franklin Graham speak on his 50-state Decision America Tour. It was both inspiring and motivating as hundreds filled the street and park in front of Oregon's capitol building—all there because they want to intercede for their country. (Photo: Aimee Herd/BCN)

Franklin Graham spoke clearly, passionately and prophetically about his reason for rallying Christians in every state in the USA: to call Believers to prayer and action for their states and country; to encourage them to vote with God's direction in the upcoming, and every election; and to preach the Gospel.

Below are excerpts from Rev. Graham's message on Tuesday, and similarly in every state capital he's visited thus far. He told us after the rally that Oregon was state number 30 and he has 20 more to go.

Please join me in praying for Franklin Graham's protection, spiritually, physically and emotionally as he continues his tour. I believe this is truly a mission that the Lord has given him, and he has faithfully answered God's call.

Excerpts from Franklin Graham's message in Oregon:

I believe God honors people in high places who honor Him. And ladies and gentlemen, we need men and women in high places who are willing to honor God. [applause] America is being stripped of our Biblical heritage and our God-inspired foundations. [My father, Billy Graham said], "I feel that we're going to have to meet our political obligations as Christians and make our voice known if America is going to be preserved with the type of Christian heritage which has given us the liberties and the freedoms which we now enjoy. For unless America turns back to God, repents of its sin and experiences a spiritual revival, we will fail as a nation."

Growing up, my generation, we were afraid of the Red threat. Remember the 'commies'? ... Well, you know what? We built up our military, we built up our Army, our Navy, our Air Force and we were ready. And we not only did that, but we had all across this country, we had civil defense shelters. We practiced. In my school in western North Carolina, up there in the mountains, they had a civil defense sign on the building, and they had water, they had crackers, they had food stored in there that could last for years. Now let me tell you something. Rats won't even eat that stuff [laughter]. But we had that stuff stored up. We were ready. (Photo: Aimee Herd/BCN)

Then the Berlin wall came down. Remember? Everybody just shouted, we all high-fived each other. We won the Cold War, we won that one. And as we were celebrating the fall of Communism, secularism has come into our government. It infected Washington. It came from Washington and it has come into our state capitals. From our state capitals it has gone into our local municipalities. It is taking control of our schools. And secularism and Communism are exactly the same thing. They are both atheistic, godless systems of government. [applause]

That is what has now taken over our country. It didn't happen overnight, ladies and gentlemen. This happened over 40 years of just quietly maneuvering and getting their politicians in power, and getting their politicians in place. And I say, "Enough. It's time for the Church to be heard. [applause] It's the time for the Church to be heard, okay?" My father said in 1976, he said, "Get involved in the political process." He said this coming year is an election year. He said, "I'd like to challenge every deeply committed American who is qualified to think about running for political office." He said, "I don't believe we as Christians should withdraw. We need men and women of integrity, Christian commitment, who will run for political office this coming year, no matter to which political party they belong." Now I have people say to me, "Franklin, how about separation of Church and state?" Well, how about it? How about that? Our founding fathers never intended for Christians, when they get elected to office, to leave their Christian faith out here on the steps. [applause]

And that's what's happened. Politicians have left their faith out here on the steps and they go in there and make decisions that screw up everybody's life. [applause] Because it's godlessness, this atheistic godlessness, this is what it is and that's what's happening to our country, ladies and gentlemen. So this separation of Church and state, we need to [elect] men and women who are not afraid to go in there and to stand for God's truth and his principles. [applause] (Photo: Aimee Herd/BCN)

See I believe that it's the duty of Christian men and women to offer themselves for public office. One more reason we've had such bad political leaders, because in some places it's only the bad ones that offer themselves for office. There are many places in which Christian men and women could get the vote if only they offered themselves. Daniel in the Bible, he lived in one of the most heathen countries in the world, but he was Prime Minister under seven different kings and two different empires. We need Daniels today. [applause] Now the choice may not always be clear, okay? It may not always be clear. But you have to ask yourself, which of the candidates, at least, is going to listen to us Christians? Which of the candidates are going to at least invite us to the table to get our opinion? That's going to be important. You might have to hold your nose when you go to the polls [laughter].

Now we talk a lot about the national election, and this has been very interesting this year, okay? It's been a lot of fun to watch all this stuff take place, but I'm not talking right now about the national elections, that's important, you've got to go vote, I'm not going to tell you who to go vote for. God will tell you who to vote for, okay? God will do that. But when I think about your state, what can make a difference? The Mayor's races, you know how important the Mayor races are? We need Christian men and women running for Mayors. Could you imagine if every municipality across this great state of Oregon was controlled by a Bible believing Christian? The impact that that would have? [applause] City Council, we need Christian City Council people—the county commissioner, school boards. [applause] Could you imagine if the majority of the school boards across this state were controlled by Evangelical Christians? The impact that that would have on this state and the education of this state for the next 20 years. It could happen. It can happen.

I want you to vote. Vote. Say, "But, Franklin, what do you want us to do? We're all here today, we prayed. What do you want us to do?" I want you to go back home. When you get back home—listen up pastors, you can do this too —look for people in your community that you think might be a good mayor. A good, strong Christian who could be a mayor. Pastors, start looking in your Churches. You think you got somebody who's smart and sharp and who's willing to run, talk to some of the other pastors and get behind them and organize for them. Everyone one of you here, listen, every one of you could run for something and win. You say, "But Franklin, come on, be realistic. We don't have time for this [chuckles]." Really? School boards, you think they meet every day? No, they meet sometimes once a month. Maybe it's once every two months. And they meet for a few hours in the evening. You think you could do that for your state, for your community? You think you could offer yourself to sit on a school board, you better believe it. Yes, you could... (Photo: Aimee Herd/BCN)

School Boards, County Commissioner. Listen, Mayors, every pastor, look for somebody in your community that would make a great mayor. Let's get behind them, and you can organize them. Now have you ever heard—now this may be a new term for you folks out here in Oregon, have you ever heard this term 'community organizer' [laughter]? You could become a community organizer for God. Or how about the term a political activist? How about that one? You say, "Well, those are just the people on the left." Well, let's take that back. All right? Let's become political activists. Why not? Christians, the Church of Jesus Christ, taking a stand for truth and righteousness, taking a stand for God's truth and His Word. It can be done, but we've got to organize. Now I want you to go back to your communities and form a prayer group. Just a handful of you begin to pray for your community and looking for people you can get behind, going to pastors, getting their help, getting their support, and if we can take your communities back, if we can take your schools back, then we can take capitals like this back, if then we can take capitals like this back, we can take Washington back. It can be done, it can be done.

You see, it's estimated that over 20 million Christians stayed home at the last presidential election. Unbelievable. Elections are not won or lost by millions of votes. Sometimes it comes down to a handful and if Christians turn out it makes a difference. If you take New Hampshire race, 1974, John Durkin was a Democrat and he was running against a Republican, Louis Wyman. On election day, Wyman wins by 355 votes. They have a recount, Durkin won by 10 votes. They had another recount, Wyman won by 2 votes [laughter]. So they called the seat empty, they had a special election and finally Durkin won the election. Elections are not won by necessarily huge numbers, sometimes it just comes down to like this, just a handful of votes. Minnesota race, 2008; Al Franken, a Democrat was running against Norm Coleman, a Republican—an incumbent—and Franken won by 225 votes.

Now if 226 Christians had shown up, it would have made a difference, right? Or if 500 Christians had showed up, it would have made a difference. So Christians listen to me. I'm not here to tell you who to vote for. I'm not here to do that. But I'm telling you to vote, because if we don't vote, we're going to lose, and we're going to lose big time. The next President is going to appoint, immediately, a Supreme Court judge. During their term - if they have eight years in office—they could possibly appoint up to five justices. And if those are the wrong justices, let me warn you, the game is over fine friends. The game is over. (Photo: Aimee Herd/BCN)

So we need to pray. Thank God. Bless this country again. I'll pray that He would bless it again. But for you the Church, Christians, I want you to vote. Get involved and come back to organize it. Vote. You see, every vote counts. It's not that the enemy is at the gate, they've come through the gate, because we've left the gates wide open, and we've allowed our moral walls to deteriorate and to fall down. And I'd like to ask you today if you'd like to do something. I'd like to ask you to join me in signing a pledge, all right? Now this is a pledge to God and country, and I'm going to read it to you. If you want ... you can go to our website [decisionamericatour.com] and read it there...

Listen... Remember this. God has blessed this nation more than any other nation in history. But we've turned our back as a nation. We've turned our back on God. I believe that the judgement is just around the corner, but we've got a chance, we've got an opportunity. And that's why I'm going to all 50 state capitals. People ask me, "Franklin, are you running for office?" No, but I'm running a campaign for God. That's what I'm doing.

And I believe that the Church of Jesus Christ, I believe that the Church can make a difference in this election. I believe it can make a difference. They could possibly, maybe turn this nation around, possibly. But the Church, if we continue to pray and vote, let me tell you something, it will make a difference, I promise you. You see, our job as Christians is to make the impact of Christ felt in every phase of life—religious, social, economic and political. But we must not do it on our own strength of wisdom. We can only do it as we surrender ourselves completely to God, allowing Him to work in and through us. [applause] Go back home. Go back to your communities and be an advocate for God's truth, for His righteousness and let's elect men and women to office who will lead this nation back to really being one nation under God that truthfully could say once again, "In God We Trust."

Source: www.breakingchristiannews.com/

Edited by News Room on 06/30/2016 at 6:37pm
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/30/2016 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Can This Nation Be Turned Back to God? An Interview and Commentary from Franklin Graham's Visit to Oregon

Julie A Smith

Can This Nation Be Turned Back to God? An Interview and Commentary from Franklin Graham's Visit to Oregon

Julie A Smith

This past Tuesday, June 28, felt like a monumental day in Oregon as 4,000 Christians gathered at the Oregon State Capitol to pray together and hear Reverend Franklin Graham speak on the Capitol steps in Salem.

Franklin Graham is heading a campaign called "Decision America Tour 2016" (www.decisionamericatour.com) and is stopping in 50 states, with Oregon being his 30th stop. The purpose of this 2016 tour is to hold prayer rallies in all 50 states, share the Gospel, and urge Christians to take a stand "to vote, to live out their faith in every part of their lives, and to pray for our nation just as Nehemiah cried out to God to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem and restore hope to His people." From this website Franklin shares, "America is at a crossroads, and I believe we should take every opportunity to stand up for the things of God and His Word."

The event began at noon with Christian musician and singer Dennis Agajanian leading thousands in the song, "How Great Thou Art" followed by "Lord, Give Us America." Thereafter Franklin Graham took the stage and preached the Gospel, gave a salvation call right in front of the State Capitol and lead us in group prayers.

From Franklin Graham's Facebook page, he shared this about the Oregon State Tour on Tuesday: "We're in a battle for the soul of our country. 4,000 people came to the Capitol in Salem, Oregon, today for the Decision America Tour prayer rally. What a blessing to hear thousands of people confessing the sins of our nation and asking God to heal our land! More great news – 216 people shared with us that they accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior today at the rally! 'Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people' (Proverbs 14:34)."

(Photo via Franklin Graham's Facebook page)

As an Oregonian living here for the majority of my life, and being a part of this event in my hometown of Salem, it truly felt like a monumental day as I saw fellow Christians coming together to pray, to repent and ask God to heal our land. Oregon is known for being an extremely liberal state and this felt historic to hear the message of Jesus Christ at our State Capitol from someone in the legacy of the highly-respected Graham family.

As Franklin led us in our first prayer, he had the crowd join hands and pray. Just as everyone started praying the wind picked up at a steady pace – on a sunny day – without a cloud in the sky. I truly believe it was a sign from the Lord...that He heard us and was joining us there at the Capitol steps.(Photo via the Elijah List)

Reverend Graham went on to preach the Gospel and share some of his thoughts on taking back our communities across America. Some of the highlights he spoke were:

READ MORE

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version