Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Days before His Death, Baton Rouge Officer Posted This Important, Heartfelt Message on Facebook Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/19/2016 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Days before His Death, Baton Rouge Officer Posted This Important, Heartfelt Message on Facebook

Aimee Herd : Jul 18, 2016 : Blue Lives Matter

"Finally, I personally want to send prayers out to everyone directly affected by this tragedy. These are trying times. Please don't let hate infect your heart ... if you see me and need a hug or want to say a prayer, I got you."

(Baton Rouge, LA)—According to multiple media outlets, one of the officers killed in Sunday's deadly ambush of police in Baton Rouge, posted an emotional plea on his Facebook page, just prior to his murder. (Photo: Officer Montrell Jackson, Facebook/via Breitbart)

Officer Montrell Jackson's full message was posted on July 8th, following the tragic killing of five officers in Dallas.

In his post, Jackson lamented the "hateful looks" he received while wearing his police uniform, but spoke of how people need to guard their hearts against hating.

Sadly, it was just a week later when Jackson himself, along with 5 other officers were ambushed by a shooter.

Officer Jackson, a new daddy of a four-month-old baby, died in that ambush in Baton Rouge, yesterday.

His stirring words were included in a posting on the Blue Lives Matter Facebook page; his message one we all need to remember:

"I'm tired physically and emotionally. Disappointed in some family, friends, and officers for some reckless comments but hey what's in your heart is in your heart. I still love you all because hate takes too much energy but I definitely won't be looking at you the same. Thank you to everyone that has reached out to me or my wife it was needed and much appreciated. I swear to God I love this city but I wonder if this city loves me. In uniform I get nasty hateful looks and out of uniform some consider me a threat. I've experienced so much in my short life and these last 3 days have tested me to the core. When people you know begin to question your integrity you realize they don't really know you at all. Look at my actions they speak LOUD and CLEAR. Finally I personally want to send prayers out to everyone directly affected by this tragedy. These are trying times. Please don't let hate infect your heart. This city MUST and WILL get better. I'm working these streets so any protesters, officers, friends, family, or whoever, if you see me and need a hug or want to say a prayer, I got you."

Click Here For More Information...

Source: www.breakingchristiannews.com/

(Ron's Commentary: Repay no one evil for evil. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Love does not take into account a wrong suffered. Honoring words of scripture like these could help prevent this evil. Too bad we took the Bible out of schools and out of lives. - Ron McGatlin) 

Edited by News Room on 07/20/2016 at 7:24am
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/19/2016 at 5:30pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Love is the only way to help us mend a wounded Baton Rouge

By Grelan Muse Sr., Inside The Pew, Special to ASSIST News Service

smaller police shot baton rougeBATON ROUGE, LA (ANS – July 19, 2016) – I begin this column by sending my condolences to the families of the three wounded officers and the loved ones of the three Baton Rouge peace officers who lost their lives on July 17: Montrell Jackson, 32, Matthew Gerald, 41, and Brad Garafola, 45.

My home city has been a place of turmoil since the shooting of Alton Sterling on July 5. However, in the midst of the turmoil, I see a Baton Rouge that is capable of making change.

After reading Montrell Jackson’s Facebook post, written on July 8, we were all confronted with a man who felt he was not respected on either side of the fence. And despite all of the nasty looks Jackson contended he received, he adopted the only emotion that is kind, unselfish, and perseveres -- love!

It is the only thing that will help us mend a wounded Baton Rouge.

Somewhere along the way, we have become numb to the concept of respecting life. Jesus came to do away with all evil acts (1 John 3:8). Now, more than ever, is the time to adorn the shield of Christ and stand up against the enemy. Instead of attempts to play the blame game, now is the time to pray ask for forgiveness. Remove the political and selfish agendas. Once all that is gone, we have common ground.

Remember what the Bible says about love? Ask for our Father to restore us with agape love. The greatest commandment that we love one another as He loved us (John 13:34). Ask God to restore us as a people and a nation.

When we focus on loving each other, healing begins. Speaking of agape love, we have a generation who believe bloodshed is the only way to express themselves. Youth know a cold world. Mentors of youth: Let’s listen to lesser-known voices and show them positive steps toward unity and understanding while simultaneously showing discontent.

DrI recall Martin Luther King Jr. achieving a lot without harming a soul. Young men and women have it within them, but they need role models to show the young an effective way to express their anger. Channel that anger for change that is beneficial and life-changing. The answer isn’t violence.

Solomon wrote there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-9). Now is the time, Baton Rouge, for us to plant seeds of positivity and to harvest love for all.

Photo captions: 1) Slain Baton Rouge police officer, Montrell Jackson. 2) Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., waves to the crowd during the March on Washington. 3) Grelan A. Muse Sr.

smaller Grelan Muse Sr. useAbout the writer: Grelan Muse Sr., himself a resident of Baton Rouge, is the founder of Emanuel and The Mainline Ministries (EMM), a tax-exempt organization, also based in the city. EMM is the parent of Inside The Pew (http://insidethepew.net/) and AccessNow (https://access2016.wordpress.com/). Greland is also founder and host of Pew Talk Radio (http://pewtalkradio.com/), an online radio show broadcast on Wednesdays and Fridays at 6 a.m. CST. You can contact him at grelan@pewtalkradio.com .

His social media links are:

Twitter: @pewtalk

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pewtalk/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InsideThePew/ and https://www.facebook.com/Pewtalkradio/?fref=ts

** You may republish this or any of our ANS stories with attribution to the ASSIST News Service (www.assistnews.net). Please tell you friends that they can have a complimentary subscription to our news service by going to the above website and signing up there.

Edited by News Room on 07/19/2016 at 5:33pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version