Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney on CFP Win: "Only God Can Do This" Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01/11/2017 at 8:00am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney on CFP Win: "Only God Can Do This"

Michael Morris : Jan 10, 2017 : CNSNews.com

Both Clemson's Coach Dabo Swinney, and quarterback Deshaun Watson gave God the glory for the amazing win.

[Reprinted with permission from CNSNews.com] In a post-game interview with an ESPN reporter, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney attributed his team's historic win in the College Football Playoff National Championship game against Alabama to God saying, "[O]nly God can do this." (Photo: AP/via USA Today)

"It's indescribable," Coach Dabo Swinney said of the Clemson Tiger's win over Bama. "I mean, you can't make it up, man. I mean, this is ... only God can do this."

The Clemson Tigers squared off against Alabama in a storied rematch of last year's contest, in which Alabama took home the hardware. However, Clemson flipped the script and claimed the trophy in this year's College Football Playoff National Championship game presented by AT&T on Monday. The final score of the game was a close 35-31 Clemson upset of then No. 1 Alabama.

Below is a transcript of Dabo Swinney's comments:

ESPN Reporter: "Well Tom, for good reason, Coach is pretty emotional here right now. Dabo, you've been in this game before, but how would you describe what it's like to win it?"

Swinney: "It's indescribable. I mean, you can't make it up, man. I mean, this is ... only God can do this—take a guy like me from Pelham, go down to Alabama, win a national championship, come to Clemson and then have a chance to win a national championship against the best team in the country up until the last second of this game.

"And to see my guys fight, just believe. I told them tonight, I told them that the difference in the game was going to be love. It's been my word. My word all year's been love. And I said, 'Tonight we're going to win it because we love each other. We're going to love each other. I don't know how we're going to win it.'

"I told them at the half time, 'Guys, we're going to win the game. I don't know how, but we're going to win it.'

"And man, just, I'm just so thankful and blessed. It just doesn't even seem real to me.

"I'm thankful to the good Lord, all our players. It's been an unbelievable eight years, and this is for all of our teams because they're all a part of this. They all get a piece of this trophy. Our staff. (Screengrab via MRC tv)

"But just, the heart of these guys. Maybe now people will understand when I tell 'em Deshaun Watson's the best player in the country. He showed it again tonight on the biggest stage.

"Eight years ago my goal was to put Clemson back on the top, and tonight that's a reality.

"Hey listen, I love the University of Alabama. I love the people there, Coach Saban's so gracious, the heart of their team.

"This will go down as one of the greatest of all time. There's no doubt about it. But it was our night, and it was our time. And this has been a process in the making for us, but hats off to my team.

"I'm just so happy for the Clemson nation. I mean, it's unbelievable.

"And I know Terry Don Phillips is sitting at home. Terry Don, I'm not here without you, brother. Appreciate you. I love all the people that couldn't come here tonight because tickets were too much, but they saw a heck of a game. They had a good seat at home.

"Man, I'm just thankful, and I know so many people were a part of this. It's a blessing."

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version