Subject Topic: God’s Plumb-Line Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Christine Beads

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/12/2006 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote Christine Beads

Fresh Oil Releases

www.freshoilreleases.com

The Plumb-line of the Lord

The Lord is inspecting the standard of building in His house at this time. He is determined to have a house built according to the architectural blueprint stored in Heaven.

Rev 11:1  And a reed like a rod was given to me. And the angel stood, saying, Rise up and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and those who worship in it.

We are informed in Zechariah 4 that the same one who laid the foundation of the house, shall be the one who completes the house.

Zec 4:9  The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house. His hands shall also finish it

Seeing as God’s house is the place where He intends to be enthroned, we have only to look at the foundation to determine just how the rest of the structure will be completed. Righteousness and justice are the foundations of His throne and it follows that He requires the rest of the building to be constructed according to the same standard.

Unfortunately, what has happened is that there has been some building on the site of God’s house by builders who have not consulted the blueprint, and therefore have made additions and subtractions to the original plan. The spirit of this age has been contributing ideas in the ears of those who are wanting to construct a house that will suit the building materials; rather than seeking materials to fit the blueprint of the Owner! Seeker-friendly addendums to the original memo from the Owner’s desk, have found their way into the hands of hirelings; those who are willing to work for a day’s wage, yet  have no interest in the satisfaction of the Owner of the house.

Those who walk past this building under construction, read the large billboard declaring who the owner and architect are and gaze in confusion at what they see rising before their eyes. The world has difficulty seeing the character of the Owner portrayed by this house of living stones. In fact, some of the architecture looks disturbingly similar to the offices of the corporate giants of the business world.

So now it is time for the Owner to survey the progress of His house and make alterations to every area that is not in line with His specifications.

Mal 3:1 … and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.  But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

Anyone who is a builder knows that the instrument used to ensure that building is done according to the upright, or perpendicular line, is called a plummet, or plumb-line. This instrument is held from above and displays the vertical line, so that it is easy to determine if the walls of a building are straight or crooked. Everything that is crooked is torn down and rebuilt according to the upright.

Zec 4:10  For who has despised the day of small things? For they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel. These seven are the eyes of Jehovah which run to and fro through the whole earth.

The Lord has been preparing His plumb-lines in secret. These are the ones who have been long in the fiery furnace, having all the dross brought to the surface and skimmed off. They are those in whom the Word has become flesh and now God is able to send them to their places of assignment. Here they are required to do nothing more than remain seated in heavenly places in the spirit, and stand in the situation, allowing their lives to speak. A plumb-line does not seem to do anything except hang from the hand of the One who is measuring. Yet, judgment comes on the standard of workmanship in the building it is surrounded by. It is a place of rest for the plumb-line, yet it sets in motion a good deal of activity in the spiritual realm; all at the direction of the Master-Builder, the Lord of Lords Himself.

Jesus stood as a plumb-line in Jerusalem during the week before His crucifixion. He worked the works of God and condemned the works of the religious system which was clean on the outside but filthy within. He stood in the temple and surveyed what was going on; consulted the blueprint – “ It is written, my House shall be called a house of prayer” – this was the plumb line. The house that had been built was not according to the master plan; it was a den of thieves! Therefore He declared that it had to be demolished.

It is always the unchanging Word that the building process is measured against. This is why the Word must become flesh in us. Then, according to the measure of Christ within us, we become a plumb-line sent into various situations, either in the business world or the church system. Here, the Living Word within us speaks into the situation.

All during that last week, Jesus was measured as the Passover Lamb, ready for slaughter. Pilate declared, “I find no fault in Him”. This righteous Plumb-Line evoked a murderous rage in the hearts of the Pharisees and they were determined to destroy him. Yet in the end, it was their house that was left to them desolate and the house that was built by the hand of God still remains.

The place where God’s plumb-lines hang is not a comfortable place. The spiritual atmosphere is charged with the rustle of angels’ wings as they carry out the orders from the Throne. Massive change is not only on the horizon, but at the very door. It is vital that those who are being sent as plumb-lines retain the same attitude as that of Jesus. Remember that those who welcomed Jesus with open arms, were a few days later, yelling, “crucify Him”. When reviled and falsely accused, these plumb-lines are not to open their mouths. When questioned, they are to boldly state the truth and be a standard of righteousness and justice, knowing that they are undergoing these experiences for the very sake of those who are shouting ‘crucify him’. Forgiveness must be the essence that flows from the wounds received. Know, without a shadow of doubt, that as you stand, living and declaring the Word of truth, age-old yokes and shackles are being dismantled, because of the anointing that resides on Christ within you. The battle is not against flesh and blood.

The Lord Almighty is extending His scepter from Zion and ruling in the midst of His foes and he is using your laid-down life as a vehicle to bring His kingdom-rule of righteousness and justice into the earth. It is time for the Building Inspector to tour the building site! Let all that is not of Him be torn down and the true City of the Lamb emerge.

Anette Rossouw

Posted: 04/12/2006 at 7:01am | IP Logged Quote Anette Rossouw

Hallelujah !!!!!! Agree, agree,  agree !!!!!

Betty Seiley

Posted: 04/12/2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Betty Seiley

Christine, this is a very anointed and insightful message!  May we all heed it.

Betty

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 04/13/2006 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

`Let all that is not of Him be torn down and the true City of the Lamb emerge.'

amen, The city of the Lamb is emerging! It seems to be in a oh so small form..`Behold, there arises a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand.' From out of the sea..the Roar of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, His word, His voice, His instruction, His Plumb-line goes forth and there arising is a cloud..enveloped, consumed, full people of God walking in His Presense.

As things have been torn down in my life, soul etc., and being cleansed, it is very humbling and  oh so exciting! To be in the Masters hand, desiring nothing save His good pleasure, spirit, soul, body being consumed of Him..dying to Live! It is wonderful!

This cloud arising, arrayed in His glory, unto His glory seemingly oh so small, ...He was not in the earthquake, He was not in the wind, He was not in the fire, but a still small voice...A company( His House) arising who will go forth and establish His house by Holy Spirit( Elijah outran the chariot of Ahab..Babylon) in Righteousness and Truth, His Justice! glory to the Lord!

Let the singing begin, let's celebrate Him who began this good work and He who is Faithful and True, to complete it!! To Him be glory, power, dominion and might..Worthy is the Lamb!

Love in Christ, Kathy

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
randallwestfall

Posted: 04/13/2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote randallwestfall

a word of confirmation.  thanks, Dad!

Randall
View randallwestfall's Profile Search for other posts by randallwestfall
phil bethell

Posted: 04/13/2006 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote phil bethell

Hi All-

I find this word from Christine to be right on target, & right on time.   I truly identified with the part about Jesus being the Plumb line that measured the Temple of that day, and the Pharisees of that day who were outraged by those measurements.

As i read this post, my mind flashed back to a Church i attended a few times in the past few months, and i was determined not to attend again, as this church had all the semblances of God, "but denied the Power thereof".

So, I have a couple of questions to ask myself, and those reading here:    My first question is, "Lord, are you showing me this Church and this Pastor, to instruct me to 'Plumb-line' this situation, and declare to this man what i am being shown?".   My carnal mind immediately rises up and tells me, "He wouldn't listen anyway. It's a waste of time!"

The second question ties in with the first:   "This is much like the mice seeing the need for a bell tied around the cat's neck;   We see the great need, but how do we get the bell on the cat's neck, without being 'Killed' by the local Pharisee for our troubles?".

Anyone who has not made the connection between Mt 23 (Jesus's warnings about the Pharisees) and the Modern day Church, has not studied the situation very hard or long.    The comparisons are uncannily accurate, Even in so-called Pentecostal, or Spirit-Filled circles.   Maybe even more so, as those so schooled, truly believe they have a direct link into the deeper truths.     To believe that they could be compared to the Pharisees of Jesus' day would be pure heresy!

Anyone got any ideas or feedback on this?

blessings,       

Edited by phil bethell on 04/13/2006 at 8:29am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version