RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: cant forget Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Un Athi

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11/26/2006 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote Un Athi

hi,
I found your website while looking up the subject of unforgiveness. I guess my question is ' how do you go about forgiving someone' . i understand it is something i have to do, a visiting pastor at my church, had insight into this while praying for me during an alter call and i knew God was talking right at me. i feel so many times that i have forgiven then i speak to the person and i cant seem to let what happened go, i cant seem to forget, its always at the back of my mind. i do realise there may be some bitterness creeping in coz i cant seem to say anything nice about him or men in general and im not as natural as i used to be and more evasive as in omission about how i feel   when talking to this person. it was someone close to me and yet i feel isolated and lonely. we arent that close anymore, although he may perceive us to be. i used to actively try to keep our relationship exciting and proactively do stuff to make him happy, i dont do that anymore, im more passive. thats what makes me think i have this problem, and the fact that almost every church service i go to screams about unforgiveness.
Please help me. im not sure how  im supposed to do it.
View Un Athi's Profile Search for other posts by Un Athi
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 11/29/2006 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Dear Brother,

You know as I read your post, the first thing that came to me is the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.  I don't know if you have it or not, if you speak in tongues or not, but if you do, I might suggest more praying "in the Spirit."  If you don't speak in tounges, that can be taken care of. 

Forgiveness is something that God Himself most likely will help you with.  But please try to avoid beating yourself up over the matter.  It's like some times we stuggle so hard in areas and never seem to find victories.  It's like a  married couple that try to have children, but can't concieve.  They adopt and suddenly the wife is pregnet with their own, natural child.

Sorry this has taken so long to get back with you.  We travel full time and often do not have good internet connections.

Kingdom blessings,

Larry

Edited by Larry Silverman on 11/30/2006 at 6:12pm

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 11/30/2006 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Forgiveness is an act of faith then an act in emotion.  You may have to forgive this person by faith and not by your feelings.  Treat this person with kindness and prayer no matter if you have negetive feelings towards this person. Also forgiveness doesn't mean you have to put up with abuse.  Sometimes loving a person is staying away from them and just praying for them.

Also the Lord showed me if you take a muddy glass of water and put it under neath a water faucet and let clean water flow into the glass that the muddy water will flow out of the glass and all you have is clear water.  Try this experence sometime.

If you spend time with Jesus (the living water) then any unclean thing will leave you.  You can't clean yourself up no matter how hard you try.  Only time with Jesus will remove unforgivenss.

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version