RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: this place called Hell Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Pamela Helmick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/04/2007 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

The thought of Eternal hell, where souls burn forever upsets me.  If God is a God of love why don't he just destory the lost souls then to have them burn for Eternality?  It just doesn't sound very loving for souls to suffer forever in hell with out any forgiveness or some kind of end to their suffering. 

I have been getting emails about hell and I just rather not read some of the stuff.  I am not saying I dont believe in hell.  It just isn't a nice thing to think about.  Some of the stories the people are begging Jesus to for give them and he won't because they re in hell.  Maybe these people really do have repented hearts and would be on fire for God if they could have another chance.

I always heard that God gives us free will to choice him or not.  But if this is true then why are people punished and thrown in hell if they don't choice him? 

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
eric claire

Posted: 07/05/2007 at 8:07am | IP Logged Quote eric claire

This question of Hell is indeed not an easy one.

God is Righteous in everything He does, He has prepared the Lake of Fire for the devil and his minions, but sadly men are choosing to follow the devil.   

We may first distinguish Hades from the Lake of fire. There are 2 different things. When unrepentent sinners die, they go to Hades and they will dwell and suffer in Hades until the day of the Great judgement of God which won't occur before  the millenium [Revelation 20 : 11-15] Everyone who has not been resurrected already (when the 1st resurrection occured at the return of Lord Jesus) , will have to stand before the throne of Judgement, and this judgement will be according to the Justice. Those whose names are not found in the book of Life will be thrown in the Lake of Fire. Each of these people who have not believed in Jesus (and been justified) will be judged according to what they have done, (not according to what they have believed).

Is it possible that some of these people who have been sent in Hades will find mercy on the day of Judgement , so not to be thrown into the Lake of fire ? we don't know, it is possible but it is not certain , we can't go farther than what the scriptures show, otherwise we could be found liars ourselves :) 

View eric claire's Profile Search for other posts by eric claire
eric claire

Posted: 07/05/2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote eric claire

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Those who reject the Gospel are already judged. For great is the sacrifice of their redeemer. What could He have done that He has not done already ?

Among the sons of men who have not heard of the Gospel  , they will be judged according to their works. If the scriptures say that the saints have to work out their salvation with tremble and fear how much more those who don't know His grace will tremble when they will be before the judge. 

God has ordained to every man to repent. NOW !

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 07/05/2007 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Thanks for answering my questions.   From my understanding hell is in the center of the earth or is the core of the earth.  From reading the visions, it almost sounds like they have bodies to feel pain.  How does a spirit feel pain with out a body? And can the core of the Earth house all the spirits who die without God?

eric claire

Posted: 07/06/2007 at 3:54am | IP Logged Quote eric claire

Not sure about the geographical location of Hell, anyway it is in another dimension .... so the place is probably not limited to a geographical location as we know it.

At the resurrection , people will not be spirits, they will receive a body. Jesus had a new body when He resurrected , with the scars still on the hands and feet , He was not a spirit [Luke 24:36-40] He could eat if He wanted [Luke 24:42] although he did not really need it in my opinion. :)   

The same thing for the saints who will receive a new body at the ressurection (or at the rapture for those who are still alive), a glorified body whose glory may vary according to what they have done (glory of the sun 100% fruit, glory of the moon 60% fruit , glory of a star 30 % fruit), [1 Corinthians 15 :35-51]  So we shall still have a body but this body won't be subjected to decay or death.

As for those in Hell, they will also certainly have a new body. Anyway in my opinion , the pain won't be only physical , but also in the soul and conscience.

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 07/06/2007 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

From reading some of the visions of hell, it sounds like there is healing in heal. It seems there wounds do heal but they go though the pain over and over again.  Maybe God is fair enough to give them a glorified body but they can still feel pain being in that horrible place.

eric claire

Posted: 07/07/2007 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote eric claire

I don't know , I don't take at face value all visions. Maybe these visions of hell are only symbolic to show that Hell is really horrible and pain do not stop.

Ah ! I have found the verse that confirms that both BODY and SOUL go to Hell :

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Question : will the people in hell receive all the same degree of punishment ?

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/07/2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Eric,

Thanks for doing such a great job on such a difficult subject!  The main thing is that hell has not been created for man.  However, due to rebellion, God has been given no choice in the matter.  He is just!

Another question could be.... what motivation do we have as Christians to make sure that people we know, are related to, etc., do not end up in hell?  Are we winning the lost at any cost?

Many blessings,

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
eric claire

Posted: 07/08/2007 at 1:41am | IP Logged Quote eric claire

Amen Larry, yes that’s what is the most important. It’s not the will of God that anyone perish.

Moses or Paul were ready to have their name erased from the book of life, in order that others might be saved. They really had a heart according to the heart of God.

Jude

20But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

2 Timothy 4

1 I charge thee therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His Kingdom:

2 preach the Word; be instant in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 07/10/2007 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Is there people in hell now? or where they be in hell on the day of judgement?  Also could ghost be unsaved people?

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/11/2007 at 6:19am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela,

I feel that there are people in hell now and as far as ghost go.... they don't exist.  What people mistake as ghosts today are nothing but demons in disquise.

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 07/13/2007 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Then if there are no ghost then Jesus wasted his time dying for us.  If there is no after life then why did Jesus die a bloody death?

I was always taught that we are a Spirit and we live in a body.  Haven't you read about people death experiences of leaving their bodies?

I can't say for sure if ghost are demons are unsaved people but the real us is a spirit.  The Bible is a spiritual book that deals with the Spirit.  It even says that the word of God devides agaisnt soul and spirit.  Even God is a spirit.

Maybe what you mean from your post is that the ghost people see are demons not the souls of the departed.  Even Jesus did not deny their exists when he said a ghost does not have flesh and blood as you see me.  I know that when I die, it is not the end  but I will be in Heaven.

I would like some scriptures that ghost are demons?  I am not saying that they are not, I just need a scripture back up.

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/14/2007 at 5:01am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela,

We're probably talking about two different things.  We are a spirit, we have a soul and we live in a body.  However, there just are not any scriptural indicators that would suggest that the present concept of ghosts, haunting homes, hanging out on earth like the popular tv programs exist, and of course that includes Casper.  People do from time to time see demons.  Demons do everything to disquise their presence in any way they can.

So when a person dies, it's either heaven or hell, not hanging around haunting people, etc.  There is zero scripture to back that up!

Larry

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 07/14/2007 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Ok well it does make since that people would either go to heaven or hell but how do we know for sure if the unsaved go to hell right away?  Its the day of judgment that will bring them to the lake of fire.

Rather they are evil spirits from unsaved or demons they are still evil.  So either way they need to be cast out.

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/18/2007 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela,

I agree that when an evil spirit gets in the way, we need to cast it out.  However, demons are not the spirits of unsaved people.  Demons are often considered to be fallen angels.

I assure you that when we have a confrontation with a demon, we never have to worry about it being Hitler or Jack the Ripper or someone like that!  Now they can try to disquise themselves to look like something that will make them more fearful but believe me, they are just every day, common, ordinary demons.  I recall someone, I don't recall who, said that one of the things that we'll really take notice of when our walk on this earth is completed is just how harmless these things really are!  Some thing like..."Great big God.... little bitty devil!"

Remember you are in the Kingdom now... You are royality... You are Queen Pamela... you're in charge over these things... you are in control!  Awesome!

Blessings,

Larry

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 07/18/2007 at 9:49pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I have a question:  Can a demon chat and post at a message board though a person?  Do you believe that Schizophrenia is demon possession?

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/19/2007 at 4:32am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Pamela,

Sure, a demon can do lots of things through a yeilded person.  Can Schizophrena be demonic, sure to that too.  Note I said, "demonic" not "demon possession" like you mentioned in your post. 

One note here, I like the concept that John Wimber used to teach in his ministry, instead of getting all caught up in words like "possession" or "obsession," etc... let's just say that a person is "demonized."  That really covers the bases and when a demon get's in the way, no matter how much control it has over a person, it can be taken care of, cast out or off or whatever the case may be.

ls

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version