RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: Spiritual warfare Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Pamela Helmick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12/06/2007 at 7:46pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I like to talk about a topic that I feel the church should be open too and understand.  There are people out there who are demonicly attacked and scared in their homes.  These people do not know how to fight these spirits.  The church does not know how to fight these spirits.  Infact most of the time the church isn't even open or believe that spirits are real and that houses can be haunted but yet there are plenty of places that are haunted by spirits and when a person or family is having a problem with their house they can not turn to the church but to psychics.  I feel this is really sad.  The church should be able to help in these siturations.  In some cases they turn to the Catholic priest for help.  I believe that spiritfilled believers should be able to help in these siturations.

Remember the movie ghost busters?  I believe there should be some Christian demon and ghost busters that can answer phone calls and go and cast out these spirits.

Many times people have to turned to the world for help in these cases.  Scientist can even prove that spirits are real.  They have taken pictures and even recorded these spirits and measure temperatures in the room.  There are lots of ghost investigators that go into homes to prove if a place is haunted or not.  I believe prayer warriors and people doing spiritual warfar should do this and cast out these spirits.

I have been watching the program "A Haunting"  in a lot cases the spirits have to be cast out so the people can be free from them.  Also the people have to fill the house with God so that the spirits do not come back worst.

The Bible does not speak a whole lot about ghosts but about demons.  Jesus said that a ghost does not have flesh and bone as you see me.  He never deny their exists but he never talked much about them.  I believe demons are fallen angels and I am not sure if ghosts are unsaved souls.  They could be here because God has not judge them and put them in hell yet but I could be wrong about that too.  But in every situration I believe that every name has to bow before the name of Jesus.

I believe that Christians should go into these houses invite the prensenses of Jesus there, asking for protection over the family and then asked Jesus and his angels to arrest these spirits and put them where they should be.  I have noticed in excerisms the spirits are cast out but not put in Jail ( put in the place where demons should be).  So they are free to go bother others or go back to the house they possessed and take more demons with them.  They should be told where they need to go so that they can not hurt anyone again.

There are a lot of places that are haunted that need to be prayed over.  There are listings on the most haunted places in the world.  Where is the church in all this?  Why haven't we done something about these places?

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/09/2007 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Pamela,

You stated:

"There are listings on the most haunted places in the world.  Where is the church in all this?  Why haven't we done something about these places?"  You ask a good question.  However the very first thing that came to me as I read your post, especially your last question..."where is the church..," was we can only deal with demon spirits where we have the right and permission to do so.  In other words if a person is demonized and they do not wish to be free, there is very little that can be done about it.  If a person owns a building that too is demonized and they are not believers, etc., there is really very little the Church can do.

Blessings,

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 12/10/2007 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Thanks so much for answering my questions.  What is interesting is how spirits can show up on film and tape recordings.  It would be interesting if God's spirit could show up on film and recordings.  Tempertures can even be taken and in my cases it is cold spots.  My experience with the Holy Spirit is He is warm.  I wonder if tempertures can be taken when the Holy Spirit is moving and I wonder if the spots would be warm instead of cold.

I have at times watched a A Haunting and in most cases the houses have to have the spirits cased out.  A lot of the victims say that the spirits destored they lives and broke up their families if they don't moved or have the spirits cast out.  In some cases they come back after being casted out. I remember a scritpure where Jesus said they would come back seven times worst if the house is not filled with God.

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/11/2007 at 7:13am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi All,

In regards to this thread, I'd like to suggest a couple of things in considering demonic activity, etc.

Please remember, demons NEVER tell truth!  Nothing they ever do can be taken as truth.  They are good at laying down smoke screens to protect themselves, etc. 

Pamela mentions some TV shows in her posts.  My suggestion is... please don't use TV shows, movies or even books to learn about demon activity.  There is one source of knowledge, the Bible.  It seems that there is a vast interest in the demonic by many Christians.  There seems to be a draw to this stuff, and it's not all healthy.  Please do not concentrate on demonic activty.  Set your affections only on God.  When a demon gets in the way, get rid of it.  It's that simple!  God has given us wonderful tools to use in our spiritual warfare... the Gifts of the Spirit.  Use the gift of descernment, then cast the demon out.  It's all rather simple.  You don't have to take special classes for this.  You don't have to make the demon name itself, etc.  If they begin talking command them to slience, then command them to go.  It works every time!

Thanks for considering this post!

Blessings,

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 12/11/2007 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I had a bad experince in my early twenties.  I was about twenty going to Cincinnati Bible College.  The collage was from the church of Christ but I was a charismac Christian that had an encounter with Jesus at the age of 16 which turned my life around.

I was attending the Vineyard church and they taught that we had to make the demon name it self when casting it out.  One night my boy friend (who is my ex now) and I went to my sister in laws house for a pray meeting.  The children were getting touched very powerfully by the Holy Spirit and Bill ( my brother in law to be) wanted the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  We prayed for him and he went out in the spirit but did not speak in tongues. 

His wife Kathy felt he had a demon.  And being a dummy I commanded the demon to speak.  ( never do this)  He began to cough a lot and one of their teachings was that if they cough it could be a spirit trying to manifest.  My boy friend and future mother in law began to tell the spirit to name it self and manifest. Bill began to change in behaviour.  He was growing and trying to bit us.  My boyfriend had to wrestle him down.  We spent the whole night commanding the spirit to leave and the spirit argued with us and everytime we said Jesus it would scream its name. 

We ended up having to call a church elder to cast the spirit out.  The demon protended to leave but was still there.  Everytime we got together to worship the Lord the demon would speak to us. We would try to cast it out and it would start telling us funny jokes to make us laugh.  One night my boyfriend decided not to wrestle with Bill any more.  He told the spirit if you don't want to leave then you are welcome to worship with us.  The demon shut up and didn't try to do anything. We worshiped the Lord and annoyed this demon and nothing bad happen.  Bill did findly get delivered.  The demon was dum enough to manifest at a prayer meeting around some very powerful prayer wariors and they casted out.

What was really scary was my boyfriend manifested a demon one night when my future mother in law and I got together to worship.  He rolled off the bed onto the floor kicking his desk and rolling under the bed lifting me and the matress up.  His mother told me to get off the matress. She was angry and turned off the worship music and said I m tired of these demons manifesting everytime we try to worship.  She lift me alone with him.  I was scared but then I got more mad then scared. I moved the bed and jump on top of him commanding the demon to leave.  He growed at me and showed his teeth.  His mother came up stairs and told me to come down stairs with her.  She felt it was dangerious for me to be alone with him.  She was on the phone to Kathy about what are we going to do with these demon possessed men? 

I needed to get back to college because I had to be in at 11 pm.  She told me she would drive me back.  Here comes my boyfriend all sober down the stairs, to drive me back.  I was  worried about going in the car with him but things seemd to be back to normal. 

I am confused because he spoked in tongues, got words of acknowledge and healed the sick but yet a demon just took over him.  They say Christians can not be demon  possessed. Can anyone explained to me why this happen to these two Christian men. 

Also not long after that one of my charismatic girl friends also manifested a demon.  She was at a prayer meeting praying in tongues.  Some Spanish Christians heard her blaspheming God in the Spanish language.  They casted the spirit out of her.  She never again wanted to speak in tongues because of this.  She was a person who loved the Lord and yet this happen to her.  I would like some answers on why it happen to these three Christian?

KerstenHamilton

Posted: 12/11/2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged Quote KerstenHamilton

Pamela, I'm not sure we need a special squad. Any mature Christians should
be able to handle this. There is a book that I always recommend to people
who are wondering about this sort of thing:

Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance (from Evil Spirits) (Paperback)
by Neal Lozano

Far too many Christian books sensationalize the issue, and play on fears and heebie-jeebies. Lozano not only avoids that, he speaks from scritpure and experience.

View KerstenHamilton's Profile Search for other posts by KerstenHamilton Visit KerstenHamilton's Homepage
KerstenHamilton

Posted: 12/11/2007 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote KerstenHamilton

I should also say that for me, the test of a good book on the subject is
"can you read this alone in your house at midnight -- and not get the
shivers?"

Because reading the scriptural accounts of demons simply does not make
Christians fearful. It has the opposite effect.

I could read Unbound at midnight, and all alone.

When I encounter a book or TV show (Christian or non Christian) that
delights in gory details and hair raising accounts I wonder "what is the
author about? Where is the Holy Spirit in this?" if it is not producing the
fruit of the Spirit -- peace, joy, love, patients, kindness, goodness, etc...
*in* me and *towards* the people or person who has the demonic
problem...I walk away.
View KerstenHamilton's Profile Search for other posts by KerstenHamilton Visit KerstenHamilton's Homepage
Pamela Helmick

Posted: 12/13/2007 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I just feel there are some people scared in their homes who need help to get rid of the evil spirits.  They need to be able to turn to a Christian person in these kind of siturations. I feel the church isn't open to talking about parnormal activities which causes people to turned to the world for help.

I think that it is good to have shows like " A Haunting" on because it is a wake up call letting people know that these things are real.  I know that in God we can do spiritual warfare and in  a lot of the cases the people turned to God and a pastor to get rid of the spirits. 

I am just not sure if ghosts are always demons or lost souls. The judgement day has not happen yet for them to be sent to hell. But maybe they do go to hell and ghosts are demons.  We don't know all the answers to this.  I still want to do a study on ghosts to see what they Bible has to say about them.  I know Jesus never deny their exists.  He told his disciples a ghost does not hav flesh and bone as you see me.  He never said a demon doesn't have flesh and bones as you see me.

Here is a link that you can look over and pray about.  The people there are Christians who run this site and have written lots of articles on ghosts. They do a lot of investigations from people who are scared to live in their homes.  Tina told me in a lot of cases they cast out the spirits.

Edited by Larry Silverman on 12/15/2007 at 4:05pm

Marjo Richardso

Posted: 12/15/2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote Marjo Richardso

Pamela, I checked out the site and found a lot of occult material there...  I don't want to judge these people you may know and trust, but I want to sound the alarm. So many well-meaning "seers" operate  under a Christian name, yet it's only a "facade" and in reality draws people to bondage. Many Christians are developing an unhealthy interest in the occult as a result. It doesn't take much to get involved. (Been there done that)  I hope you remove that link.

The spirit of fear can oppress (and in some cases, control) even born-again Christians. Increasing the "wrong kind" of knowledge increases fear in us. Fear is a bondage and Christ freed us from fear. 

In a dream topic I had started, you asked Sherry about what she thinks of ghosts. I wasn't sure if you meant to ask me that, so I didn't reply. I believe, that the majority of ghost encounters are caused by demonic "familiar spirits" masquerading as lost loved ones, lost souls and so on. This is how people get ensnared.

I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of demonic interference in born-again Christians who have received gifts of the Spirit. (If there is an area of weakness or fleshly bondage), because the Bible tells us not to be too quick to lay on hands.

1 Timothy 5:22
Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, nor participate in another man's sins; keep yourself pure.

Matthew 7: 13-29

"Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.  For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few. "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles?  So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit.  A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Thus you will know them by their fruits.  "Not every one who says to me, "Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock;  and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand;  and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it." And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching,  for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

View Marjo Richardso's Profile Search for other posts by Marjo Richardso Visit Marjo Richardso's Homepage
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/15/2007 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Marjo,

You wrote: "Many Christians are developing an unhealthy interest in the occult."  I fully agree!!  I also agree what you wrote about the website that Pamela posted.  As a moderator of this thread I took the liberty to remove that link.  I do not feel it healty to post a link like this on such a public venue as this thread offers. 

Pamela, and any others who have a great interest in this subject... my question is, WHY?  Why do you consider this such an important subject.  There is ZERO biblical evidence that a person dies and stays in a "limbo" state whereby they can creat "hauntings!"  I don't care what anyone says about this, even if they consider themselves a Christian, this dog just does not hunt!

For many years I have been invovled in deliverence ministry.  Most likely I've cast out many, many dozens, maybe even hundreds, I haven't kept track of how many.  I've cast them out of homes.  Matter of fact, we ourselves, owned a home that had demonic activity in it.  I recall that whenever, day or night, we'd enter our basement the hair on the back of you head would stand on end.  When my wife and I began to serve the Lord, we became aware of what was creating our problems.  We used to have prayer meetings there, almost nightly.  We had cupboard doors open without no human help, one flew open and hit someone in the head.  We'd have cups of hot coffee spilled on people's laps, a glass of water was thrown at my father in law. 

After a bit, we knew what to do... we cast out the demon, didn't call "Ghostbusters!"  Immediately it all ended... totally!

Please don't make a big deal about demonic activity.  It's not all that big of a deal.  I feel that the enemy want's us to focus on this stuff... Pamela, I'd sure like to suggest you get your focus totally on winning the lost, healing the sick, and when a demon gets in your way, commad it not to talk, and commad it to leave in Jesus name!  Satan likes to get us all concentrating on things other than revival, etc.  Let's not be fooled!

Blessings,

Larry

Ann Doupont

Posted: 12/15/2007 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

Very good, what you said, Larry. I saw the link on here but didn't go there.

The Lord has recently told me that the enemy loves attention and wants our attention on him rather than on the Lord. God also wants our attention. He's a jealous God.

We're the ones who have to make the choice, to center our attention on Him or not. Isaiah 26:3 tells us that we will have perfect peace IF our minds are on Him. I certainly need that peace, and also need to keep my focus on Him.

Ann

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 12/18/2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Larry you posted:

Pamela, I'd sure like to suggest you get your focus totally on winning the lost, healing the sick, and when a demon gets in your way, commad it not to talk, and commad it to leave in Jesus name!    I already do that now.  I do a lot of online witnessing and yes I do cast out demons.

I never knew you lived in a haunted house.  The reason why I am interested is because I would like to help people out in these siturations.  I didn't realise you were in the deliverance ministry.  I have heard that Christians not be possessed.  Is this true?

I have one question to ask you:  Why do demons haunt places where people have been murdered?  Why do they pretend to be those people?

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 12/20/2007 at 7:35pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Does anyone have scriptures that ghost are demons?  I did a Bible study on this and could not find any scriptures on this.

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/20/2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela,

We'll see if anyone comes up with anything on your question.  However, I would like to suggest one thought to you on this subject.  That is... the Bible does teach us that demons exist.  It has very little to say about ghosts.  Or least ghosts such as we know them from movies, books, tv, etc. 

The traditional thought of ghosts being the lost soul of people is a concept not taught anyplace in the Bible.  So if the Bible doesn't teach this, then in dealing with so called spiritual matters such as this, then these things do not exist.  Remember the little kid's tick or treat devil costume has been one of the greatest disquise that our emeny has ever had...a harmless little costume, mask with horns and a pitchfork to top it all off with... oh what a ruse!  Can we say the same about Casper!

Larry

Edited by Larry Silverman on 12/21/2007 at 7:31am

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 12/21/2007 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela and All...

Here are some scriptural concepts on this subject.  You know I really don't like to write too much on this subject because as I mentioned before, there is such a draw to these subjects, people, even Christians, are easily "sucked in."  I feel to use great caution here.  It really is interesting that people can and do believe in the traditional "ghost concepts" of haunted houses, souls caught in between, etc., etc., but cannot find it within them to believe the truth of the Bible, Christ, etc.! 

So... folks let's get our thoughts pretty much wound up on this thread.  I'd like to close it within a few days and go on to greater things!  Know what I mean??

Anyway, let's look at some Bible here:  (all quotes from the New Living Translation) (any underlines are mine)

Ecclesiastes 9: 5-6, "The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing.  They have no further reward, nor are they remembered.  Whatever they did in their lifetime - loving, hating, envying - is all long gone.  They no longer play a part in anything here on earth."

• The dead know nothing... they no longer exist.  It would seem that ghosts have a certain amount of intellegence going for them.  They communicate, must be able to reason somewhat... like how would they know which house to haunt, etc?  Demons can communicate, very well, I've had hundreds of them talk to me!  (Don't believe what they say though... they cannot tell truth!)
  • The dead no longer play a part in anything on earth.  Therefore they cannot be ghosts!  Demons on the other hand are very active on earth.  And they are smart enough to pull off a good masquerade.  Isn't Casper a cute ghoste?  Nothing wrong with him!  Rotten devil!

Ecclesiastes 9: 10, "Whatever you do, do well.  For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom." 

• Looks to me that death finishes things!  It's final!  Only judgement remains, but all eathly activity ceases to exist!  That would include any "haunting" that is supposed to come from souls caught in between someplace.  Once again... death is final!

Hope this helps some. 

Be blessed,

Larry

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 12/21/2007 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Yes it does  help but the scriptures almost sounds like once you are dead you are dead and you stop existing.  What about Heaven and what about hell?  We all know there is a here after.  Either we are in Heaven or hell.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version