RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: Menopause & All Its Aspects Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Leslie Grewing

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/07/2008 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

It has been suggested I start a thread on menopause and throw it open to discussion. Could we make one agreement in sharing our thoughts? Can we be real and honest and not throw out religious pat answers? As many know, I am honest and direct. (Some even think me evil. Yikes!) As we share, I hope not to offend anyone. If you do get offended, let me know and we'll figure out why--is it your deal or mine.

I have one serious thought about menopause. Why on God's sweet earth would he wrap my reproductive years with hot flashes, hair on your chin (I keep really nice tweezers in my car for stop lights), sagging stomache muscles and days when I feel like I should ride a broom rather than drive my car. I mean, let's think about what being pregnant does to our bodies (droopy boobs, stretch marks, baby fat that never leaves, years of not being able to go to the bathroom alone, vacations that aren't vacations because someone's got to coordinate things, then sharing your makeup with daughters, etc.). We've also got our "friend" coming on a monthly basis for years on end. Then wrap up with menopause! Good grief! What is wrong with this picture?!

Luckily for my family, I'm on a low dose antidepressant which eases my extreme emotions. (I call it the Stepford Wives Syndrome.) The antidepressant keeps me from the brink. Please don't tell me how I should not take drugs to alter my mood. I am really not open to that response. Not to worry though, I do have a wonderful counselor I call when I need someone to help me process life's dilemmas. Antidepressants have also come in very handy as I have been teaching my 16-year old daughter (with short memory problems) how to drive. That alone could lead someone to drink! Perhaps that would be another good thread to allow us to lament together. (Driver's education not drinking.)

Okay. Throw in your two cents worth! I'm listening.

View Leslie Grewing's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie Grewing
Anita Lea

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hey Leslie!  Thanks for starting this thread!  No where and I mean NO WHERE in the bible does it state that a woman has to go through menapause!  Praise God!  This in included in the 39 stripes he took for us!  I have been proclaiming for 6 years that I will not have menapause in Jesus name!  Guess what?  Don't mean to get to personal but my periods stopped 2 years ago and I feel wonderful!  No symptoms whatsoever!!!  Mark 11:23-24  "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever(that means you) shall SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall NOT DOUBT in his heart, but shall BELIEVE that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he SAITH.  Therefore I say unto you, What things, soever ye DESIRE, when ye pray, BELIEVE that ye RECEIVE them, an ye shall have THEM."  Wow what powerful words from our precious Lord!  It is so important that we "saith" that He said it 3 times!!!!!  We have to speak it out, even to people that don't believe like we do.  That is when God SEES our faith!  Remember God SAW Abraham's faith!  Just call those things that are not as though they were.  I know it is hard sister when you feel so bad but it is not too late to speak to your mountain (menapause) and rebuke it in Jesus name.  Believe my Sister!  Believe!  I am standing in agreement with you and in prayer!  NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO THEM THAT BELIEVE!!  When I was in church a couple of months ago, a lady came up to me and just said over and over  "BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE!!!!!"  The Spirit of our Living God was all over her!

I heard a preacher on tv say that Believe stands for:

B=because

E=Emanuel

L=Lives

I=I

E=expect

V=victory  

E=everytime

Praise God!

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
View Anita Lea's Profile Search for other posts by Anita Lea
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Leslie and Anita,

I hope that some Brothers/husbands can fit into this thread somehow too as this issue effects men and the entire family.

Blessings Leslie for starting this one!

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Anita Lea

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hey Bro Larry, yes this effects men and families!  Can I share a testimony?  Since God instructed me in August of 07 to take commuion everyday, I feel more healthy as each day passes.  It is the meal that heals!  I love the wisdom of the Lord!  How did I ever live without HIM???? 

Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 6:24pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Thanks Leslie for starting this thread,

So right Larry, it effects everyone and really the cooperation of family, friends in communication, understanding is helpful.

Leslie, I will be going for blood work soon ( i have the drs. order) to find out just where my hormone levels are at. I don't have the hot flashes,  but have had the chills and night sweats. Night sweats ..who came up with that one.. more like a river! I also go through times of fatigue, broken sleep, lack of concentration and yep the mood swings. It's like `who IS this person??!!"  Communication and understanding is important during this time because things that noramlly aren't bothersome, are. Without the communication and understanding, alot of things can be misinterpreted.

Praise God for the medication and counselor, He has provided you with! I'm in process of processing all of it, as well as steer clear of certain things as much as possible during the mood swings. The mood swings can go from a feeling of depression, to a feeling of abnormal agitation. Sometimes i just retreat in really needing quiet and others some form of exercise (even though that's the last thing i feel like doing).

Another thing i'm looking into some of what i've heard is, primrose, black cohash and i think another is melatonin( something like that, my sister just told me about this today).

I do hope others who have been through this will speak into as well.

I have seen marriages affected by this and so as Larry said, it isn't just a woman's issue but a man's as well. While i don't have a husband, i do have two girls and a son and so i make sure to sit down with them and explain things as they go and i am learning myself.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and others

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/07/2008 at 10:31pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

hey Anita,

Good hearing your testimony. I worked as a manager for a rest. years ago. The owner had had a hysterectomy and she said it was the greatest thing that could have ever happened to her! lol She felt grrreat and she wasn't a believer.

Appreciate your prayers and am definitley trusting Him in and through this. One of the things, outside of the others mentioned already, for me is recognizing it for what it is and praying in the Spirit. Even through all the symptoms and stuff, His Presence is ever so near.

I wonder if this is one of those thorns in the flesh and if the husbands having gone through this with their wife feel the same LOL. j/k hope ya'll have a sense of humor

Love ya's

Denise Detwiler

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 3:52am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

I too am blessed by hearing of Anita and your friend, Kathy.  They are indeed blessed women. 

I had been plagued by violent illness and fainting and pretty much incapacity every month from my early teens into maybe my 30's.  I definitely dealt with extreme emotional stuff as well.  I used to beg God for mercy and reprieve.  It was indescribable pain and the emotional state was horrid.  Walking thru it brought good things my way, and over the years I got lots of believing prayers and saw doctors who told me there was nothing wrong with me and all sorts of stuff.  I even repented and broke as many things personal and ancestral as I could think or find to break.  Tried diet changes, was already quite atletic and physically fit.  It was not unusual for me to go on a 15-20 mile bike ride just for fun, or a two mile run.  (when I wasn't curled in a little ball of agony)  I blessed my physical being on and on....

Now 49 it seems like, yes I have had a few very mild physical symptoms, but so much better off overall.  One thing for me that's really made a huge difference is working out - wieght has been gained and there were several years where I had become sedentary.  The past year am reversing that - still by no means have I regained my thinness but have dropped about 20 lbs and rebuilt some muscle.  Carrying less extra weight is a huge asset.  My appetite is healthier and my mind sharper as well as it seems to help keep fatigue at bay. 

Simce I am only 49, I can't know what's in store for the years to come, but I sure hope that I have "put in my time" (heehee) and this may end up being a relatively smooth ride (relative to the severety of the teens, 20's, 30's)

View Denise Detwiler's Profile Search for other posts by Denise Detwiler
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 4:51am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Kathy, the supplement is Melatonin. It releases chemicals into your body that indicate that it's time to go to sleep. Many women with menopause have great difficulty sleeping through the night. I have a group of friends that know the wonders of Ambien, a sleeping pill that doesn't have the next day hangover. However, it can be addictive so getting it isn't always easy. In fact, I once got a prescription from a doc with a refill (30 count) and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I sent a dear friend of mine five of them for a birthday present. To her it was better than Godiva chocolates! Well, I've discovered that 5-6 mg of Melatonin will do the same thing. I buy my all my vitamins from vitacost.com, which is a wonderful site with a large array of brands and a "library" with excellent articles--very informative. They have one brand (Nutriceutical Sciences) that they recommend and you can save up to 45%. I buy that brand.

Larry, as most everyone knows, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! Men are welcome.

Denise, my daughter would throw up, sit all day with a heating pad and I would actually give her a hydrocordone pill (read Vicadin) to get her settled down. Her pediatrician suggested putting her on the pill. We did but that was weird because then her friend was coming every two weeks. What's up with that? They said it could take six months. After a year I went to a third doctor and she put my daughter on a pill that gives her a period every 90 days. How cool is that? Four friends a year! yeah! When Dillard's had their 75% off sale, she got new, cute, $12 panties for $4.19! I told her, "It's a new day, darlin'!"

Anita, I've met a few women that have been blessed with effortless menopause, but not many. Good for you for claiming the promises!

Denise Detwiler

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

Hah! By the time I'd gotten into my 20's I'd had surgeries a few times that initiated perscritions of Percocet.  And since I have an extremely high pain tolerance I really didn't need them for the surgery pains (not even aspirin in most situations) but stashed them and sparingly used them during the worst bouts.  They managed to get me thru a few years with my sanity......
Anita Lea

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hey Leslie, don't make it sound like I am the only one that can claim the promise.  The promise is for you too Sister!  The promise is for ALL God's children.  I'm not special!

Exodus 15:26  If you will deligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians.  I AM THE LORD WHO HEALS YOU.

Hallelujah Praise God!  It's yours for the asking!!!! 

Father I lift Leslie up to you and all these women of God with menopause.  I comman all symptoms, hot flashes, sweats, etc to go in Jesus name.  I command the hormones to be in balance.  I command the electrical and magnetic frequencies to be in balance and harmony.  I break all generational curses and command the pelvis to come into alignment.  I give you all the glory Jesus and I pray now give them to your service for a testimony that will knock the socks off other women!  In Jesus mighty name!!!!   

This is a generational curse! It is broken is Jesus name!!!!!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Hi all,

Thanks Leslie for sharing the site. At times it seems to have little effect and at others..Wham! and like Leslie said, 'if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy'...run for the hills! lol but in recognizing it for what it is has helped me to catch it before spazin' out on everyone and instead communicate..this where i'm at and this is what's going on. ..cooperation please!

I don't have a weight issue. i'm actually really thin at 5'6 and 118lbs. i do have an exercise issue though. My daughter bought one of those exercise balls and i think we got more exercise blowing the thing up than anything lol yep, i tend to be much more sedentary during the winter months than the other seasons and told her( my daughter), now i know why the retiree's head for Fla. ...give me sunshine! : ))))

As far as perscriptions my dr. gave me 50mg of zoloft but i don't take it. I tried it, and couldn't stand how it made me feel. i do know others who have taken it with really good results. I do take another perscription though which helps to a degree.

All that being said, it can be a rather living nightmare for women as well those nearby her. So while there are very practical things to do the flipside of the same coin is compassion and/or empathy. While it may seem that others not having gone through this are unable to do so, if a believer, the Spirit of God is. The coin comes from above and i think it's needful to see both sides of the coin in order to see the value.

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/08/2008 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Thank you for the prayer Anita.

Denise, I believe there are several medications that should never be thrown away but put into a stash drawer for later careful use like prescription pain relievers and Ambien.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/10/2008 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

I came across a book and read the excerpt. What i had read was filled with humor and what we women go through beginning with puberty onward effecting emotionally, etc.

The Heat Is On challenges the old myths about menopause and provides practical solutions to the once dreaded "change" so you can embrace this dynamic and positive season of life. Integrating scriptural applications, Danna outlines the basics to a healthy lifestyle and answers all your questions about hot flashes, mood swings, and other menopause manifestations.

Quote from the book:

" I love what James says in Ch.1 verse 2 and 3: Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing the testing of your faith produces endurance." He goes onto say we must "let" endurance have it's perfect result so that we may be perfect, lacking in nothing. I'm not sure how I am perfected in getting through the "trials" of menopause, but I do know it has surely tested my husbands endurance."

The Heat Is On: Health, Humor & Hope for Women Facing Menopause
By: Danna Demetre

It can be purchased at ChristianBook.com for $1.99

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/14/2008 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I am 42 yrs old and for the first time in my life I am regular with my periods.  I have never in my whole life been regular.  When I went to the doctor when I was pregnant I had to have my temperture graph to interprete when I got pregnant.  The 40 weeks on the first day of my period did not work for me because I would ovulate on cycle day 50 instead of 14.

I don't understand why at 42, I am on time for the first time in my life?  I am like clock work and know when it is coming. Could this be the sign of early menopause for me, since I never have been regular before?  Also does horness go along with early menopause?

I also feel depressed because of my age.  I am not old yet but I am not young either.  I worry about wrinkles but yet I don't have any.  Infact I still get pimples. But I also don't look as young as I did in high school.  I brought some wrinkle cream because I want to look young for as long as I can get away with it.  A lot of people think that I am still in my thirties.  They say I don't look like I am in my thirties.  And I notice one think, is that people never have wrinkles and pimples together, they always have one or the other. 

So one morning I woke up with a big pimple on my chin, I actually thank God for it because this most mean I am still young.  Of course it was very sore and hard to pop.  But it made me look young like I could still be in my teens.

So am I in early menopause or am I just still a young woman?

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Pamela, you state that you’re 42 years old and wonder if you’re a “young woman.”

Sorry, hon, but you’re not a babe any more. But, you’re not old either. You’re middle aged and really coming into the best part of your life. I really enjoyed turning 40 because I felt that now I had credibility with folks. It was rather powerful. Turning 29 was a bummer because pretty soon I wouldn’t be able to plead a “youth goofiness” plea for dumb choices. Now, I’m 55 and really feel powerful and wise. However, I don’t like what’s happened to my body. Gravity has taken over. My metabolism has slowed down, it’s too easy to get a saggy belly and some of my veins are getting spidery. I fight grey hair by frosting, sorry highlighting it. New youth jargon states that we highlight our hair and frost cakes. We wear flip flops and Monica wore a thong! I don’t feel compelled to dress trendy but go for a more classic look.

American society puts an inordinate emphasis on youthfulness. I think we owe to our daughters to grow old gracefully rather than leave deep foot dragging ruts trailing behind us. Many women become more and more handsome as they get older (think of Jane Seymour).

You also said that you bought some wrinkle cream to stay young looking. My best recommendation and I truly believe in it, it’s worth every penny and, if you use it sparingly and not glob it on, you’ll only need two jars a year is Estee Lauder’s heavy duty moisturizing crème. I’ve used it for years and years as have my sisters and we all have nice skin. I don’t buy the rest of Estee’s products except the lipsticks that last for years and years. Remember that not all wrinkle creams are created alike.

You wonder if you’re going into menopause. You’re not going through menopause. You’ll probably start when your mom did, so check with her. First, you’ll go through peri-menopause which takes several years. Go to WebMD.com for info on that. Your periods will get really erratic, you’ll have some mood singles, periods will get further apart and then the hot flashes (aka power surges) begin. Then you’ll really want to have a good face cream because as your hormones deplete, your skin will become dryer and dryer. You might also start looking for a good looking broom to ride for nasty days where you resemble that bad witch more than the good fairy chick in Oz. (That’s a joke!)

You also mention how you automatically mother your grandson and disagreements with your daughter. Be a good mother and allow her to do her thing. It’s her baby. Ask God to give her wisdom.

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Well, I can see that some people just don't want to be healed!  It just hurts me so much to speak the word and it goes in one ear and out the other!  I know that you can't make people believe the word but it hurts when it is especially CHRISTIANS!  I don't care if you feel like you are "getting something" you speak those things that are not as though they were!  Leslie you said "You'll probably start when you mom did, so check with her."  What?????  Are we christians now cursing others?????  We should be speaking the word not what the WORLD says!!!  You told Pamela that 42 she wasn't old but wasn't young either.  I can tell you I am 48 and I feel like I am 28!  Age is just a number.  42 is not even close to be old or middle age to me.  Moses led the children out when he was 80!  I bet he didn't feel 80.  God is no respector of persons and what he did for one he will do for another.  When Caleb possessed his land, the bible said he was 80 but he felt like he was 40!  When I read that 6 years ago, I claimed it!  I said Lord, what you will do for one you will do for me! My desire is for everyone to be healed in Jesus name.  We have the keys!  We have authority!!!!  When we just accept sickness and poverty and being bound by satan we are telling Jesus that what He did was in VAIN!!!!  You are telling Jesus that "thanks, but no thanks!  It saddens Jesus when we just accept sickness and say I guess I have to live with this.  He took 39 stripes for us!  There is not a sickness in this world that Jesus cannot heal!  I beg of all today!  Healing is for you today.  It is yours for the asking.  Yes, it may not be instant.  There will be a test I am sure.  God will test your faith.  Do you have the faith today for your healing?  God is only pleased when we have faith!  Not by your wonderful works but your FAITH!!!!  Rise up today Saints!  The enemy will try to steal your joy, your healing that you so deserve!    We have to quit taling about our problems and focus on Jesus.  Do you have faith today for your healing?  Jesus is standing next to you right now with his arms open wide.  Oh how He wants to heal you!  You are His child and there are benefits with the convenant!  I am praying for you!  I love you all! 

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

\2

Anita, you might want to eat a piece of chocolate because your response was rather strident. Your wrote, It just hurts me so much to speak the word and it goes in one ear and out the other!  I know that you can't make people believe the word but it hurts when it is especially CHRISTIANS!” I have two things to say about that statement. First, you chose to be hurt when folks don’t readily grab what you said and run with it. Second, when I began this thread, I requested, “Could we make one agreement in sharing our thoughts? Can we be real and honest and not throw out religious pat answers?”  I’m not accusing you of throwing out pat answers, but the purpose of this thread is to discuss menopause and the stuff that goes with it. We appreciate your contribution but not all of us are on the same page with you. Please respect the fact that we want to go in a different direction. 

Regarding Pamela not being a young babe. The average America woman dies at 76. Therefore, 40 is not young. It’s half way done. I did not say that she’s half dead and I didn’t intend to curse her. A person is as old as they think.

You wrote, “We have to quit talking about our problems and focus on Jesus.”  Have you never received prayer ministry or gone to a counselor or pastor for assistance? I’m sorry but how are we to resolve our problems and dilemmas if we don’t discuss them? What does community do but verbally process and “do” life together learning from one another and finding answers to life’s problems. If one of your kids came to you with a problem re finances, would you respond for them to just focus on Jesus? How about discussing good financial habits, looking at their check register to see how they’re spending their money, checking out the job market for a better paying job, etc.? These things require “talking.”

Lastly, you wrote “God is only pleased when we have faith!” That, dear Anita, is a lie. God is not only happy with us when we have faith. As a mother, are you only happy when your child believes you and comes up to speed according to your expectation? No, I don’t think so. Just as a parent delights in their child growing up, so the parent also delights in the child’s being alive and part of the family.

Lastly, you state that you love all of us. Honey, you don't even know me. How can you love me?

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Anita,

The Kingdom of God is all encompassing. We can have faith to move mountains, but if we have not Love, it profits nothing. Pure faith works by Love and so it is relational. It is birthed out of our Love for Him first and foremost, flowing out to one another.

Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomach sake..was this a lack of faith speaking or was it recognizing the value of something God has given that could be used in a medicinal way? Every good and perfect gift comes from above. He is our Source and the Source flows through various avenues. Our dependency is not upon the avenue, but the Source. He is glorified in our acknowledging Him as such. It is not a persons state of prosperity or health that equates `spirituality' but a life lived of worship, manifesting the Love of God, righteousness, peace and joy in Holy Spirit. There's an old song that says, `the world didn't give it to me and the world can't take it away.'..it's born of the Spirit. If all He accompished was only for our physical health or our prosperity..we would still be of all people most miserable...seeking His hand and not His face, seeking His blessing and not His habitation. He makes it to rain on the just and unjust. Rain is good! it is His blessing upon all but and i've quoted this once and will quote again, `we must discern between the blessing and His habitation,' and so we desire to walk in way that manifests His abiding Presence.

How many came to be miraculously healed, fed, etc. yet never came to know Him? We thank Him, praise Him and give Him the glory for all these things, but He is so much more, so much more than these.

Quote Ron from THE PAIN OF LOVE " Secondly, we may need to consider what really is "a life that reveals the victory in Jesus." There are some that are delivered from the fire and some who are delivered through the fire and some that are delivered through leaving this life and are with the Lord but all reveal the victory of Jesus. Rom 14:8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. Victory may have more to do with overcoming within and becoming one with Him than our physical comfort. Internal peace and joy never depend on external circumstances."

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Leslie, I didn't mean literally I was hurt.  I feel the grieving of the Holy Spirit when christians will not grow and still want to be babes in Christ.  How long have you been a christian?  That is what I meant.  We have to get off milk and on to the meat of Christ.  Yes, I understand we are all in different levels with Christ.  As far as you question about going to prayer ministry or a counselor, I have received prayers from others but I have Jesus to receive counsel from.  I don't go to man!  I have an intimate relationship with Jesus and if I have a question, He will answer me.  I am not special, I just expect an answer and He gives it to me.   You ask how I can love you?  It is Christ in me!  I have love for all!  How else can I minister to others and have a healing ministry if I didn't love others.  It would be impossible.  It is not by my flesh trust me.  Father imparted His precious love to me.  This has been a process.  Jesus said that when I look at others, to see Him.  I have even had visions of seeing someone and they change into Christ.  That is how I love you dear sister.  I just want everyone to be healed and be made whole.  I am not trying to take away from this thread of discussing about menapause.  I just have a burning desire inside of me for all to be healed. The word says that Abraham pleased God by his faith.  That is what I meant.

Kathy, I don't understand what you are trying to say to me.    

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 3:21pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

This is the verse I was referring to about faith.

Hebrews 6:11  But without faith it is impossible to please him...

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/15/2008 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Anita, i'll just ask you to pray and seek Him re to what i've shared.

Sometimes there is a tendency to `see' in black and white only when there is in all actuality gray. Yet another is, there may be a tendency to put on another our own personal walk of do's and don'ts which will not manifest Life but a yoke of bondage...death. These do's and don'ts can look like light but is nothing more than a form of religion.

We need Him in and through one another in order that `together' we `see' more clearly and are built up in the fullness of Christ.

if you've not read yet through the Kingdom Growth Guides, i would encourage you to do so. Also, Ron has made his books available for free in downloadable PDF

Love ya,

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/16/2008 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I just wanted to thank everyone for answering my questions.  I most still be young in that I still have my monthly periods and still get pimples.  I am starting just to get a little gray here and there but still it isn't noticeable yet.

I am trying to be happy that I am in my forties.  More then anything I want a husband to love me and I hate being with out one.  I know that men look at the slim young ladies and this kinda bothers me.  I am a little over weight but not much.  I still have my pregnancy fat from the last time I had a baby ten yrs ago.  With the first four, I went right back to 90 lb and with the last two I kept the weight.  The scales at my friend's house say that I am 148 lb and the scales at my house say I am 140.  I would love to be at least 100 lb again.  My step mom tells me that I would look ten yrs younger if I lost weight.  It is hard to take it off once you have it on and mine is from my last pregnancy.

I also get aches and pains that I never had before.  I also get diaheria and gas.  I never had this probem in my thirties and I am not sure if this comes with getting older.

Well on a more happier note.  Today I asked one of the guys from my single group if he would go out to dinner with me.  He said yes.  He didn't turn me down and even gave me a hug today.  I asked him if he would come to my house for dinner and he said yes.  I told him that I do have children and he said this would not be a problem for him.  He told me he has children grown up and even a grandchild.  I told him maybe we could talk about it more about when to have dinner.

I want to wait until I get my earned income credit. I am supose to get my earned income credit this coming Friday. I want to be able to make a really nice dinner for him.  Or if we go out maybe I should treat since I asked him.  Well wish me luck with this.

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/16/2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Here is a Senior Picture of me.

PAM_SENIOR_PICTURE_2.jpg Senior pic image by Pamela1965

This is a picture of me a yr ago

colorday_0291.jpg work picture image by Pamela1965

Here is my work picture when I worked at the school last yr.

December32006.jpg image by Pamela1965

Here is me last Summer

patriot4.jpg image by Pamela1965

I am the one in the Patriot Shirt.  So have a age a lot since my Senior Picture?

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/16/2008 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

The little girl in the orange is my youngest daughter Ruthie, and the daughter beside is my daughter Telissa.  The lady in the black shirt is my step mom Mary Ann.

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/16/2008 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Pamela!  I think you look beautiful!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:42pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

hey Pamela,

Shared this awhile back with Leslie,.

I tell all my kids, it isn't what a person looks like, it's what's inside and coming out. So while they can work on the outside, which is fine, it's the work on the inside, character that will last and makes them who they are. I pretty much have and still do drill that into them. I don't want them putting emphasis on the outer which is really what the world does and yet the world is looking for acceptance from within. They are really looking for their Father which can only be found through Jesus. So, yup, i'm pretty much a drill Sgt. in that regard  

*cheers* to you and your date!

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/16/2008 at 7:23pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hey Leslie, I also use Estee Lauder products.  They are wonderful.  Before my mother died she asked me what I was using because she could see a change in my face.  She said I looked younger.  The products really work and have been using them for about 5 years. 

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Thanks Anite for telling me I look beautiful.  I know it is what is in the heart but I still don't want to look old for a while.

Carol Marler

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 8:19am | IP Logged Quote Carol Marler

Pamela, You look like a KID yourself!!!

Hey Ladies (and Larry).  Took me a while to get to read this thread.

I have had Victory and God's Grace with menapause....but not the sleeping problem.

Anita's comments about the menapouse fits with my experience.  After suffering for years with a painfuly condition, they had to preform surgery.  Then, they wanted me to watch this video all about what to expect next since supposidly I would go right into menapause.  I said, no thank you, (silently to myself and the Lord) I am not interested in watching that "curse" on my life.  I am going to claim that I will NOT GO THROUGH demon MENAPAUSE!  And I didn't.  I take no harmone medication whatsoever.  Now, somehow, I had the faith to believe menapause is just simply a curse!!! 

But, getting a good nights sleep is another story!!!!  And from time to time, I have been prescribed Ambien.  And I was never addicted to it.  I just would sleep so well.  But, I haven't taken anything but Tyliniol PM for several years now.  But, when I do, it makes me feel fuzzy first thing in the AM.  So, I wish my faith would grow in the sleep area.

And, I am all for a little nep and tuck here and there!  Haven't had any yet...but I tell my husband I just might do that someday!!!

But, one of these glorious days, we will get those supernatural bodies that never age and never die! 

Interesting Thread, And God Bless Us ALL.

Carol

View Carol Marler's Profile Search for other posts by Carol Marler Visit Carol Marler's Homepage
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 8:19am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Ladies, I’ve just gotten home since Saturday 7:30 pm. It’s Monday 9:30 am. Here are a few thoughts. Pamela, you might want to consider drinking at least 16-24 ounces of water/day. It will help your pimples, which are often caused by inflammation. Drinking just 16-24 oz of water does wonders for my 16-year-old daughter’s complexion. Of course, you look older than your senior picture! Twenty-five years have passed. Your desire for a husband is understandable. However, here’s a percentage James Dobson spoke about years ago. Only 10% of marriages are truly happy—1 out of 10 or 10 out of 100. The odds of being happily married are slim. He said that of 10 marriages, five will divorce, three will stay for the kids, I can’t remember what the other one stays for—maybe the money is too good and the wife doesn’t want to go to work and only one marriage is truly happy/good. Don’t jump the gun, girl, and don’t go beating the bushes trying to find Mr. Right. Your better bet is allowing God to bring him. If I were you, I’d be praying for a Boaz—an older guy with lots of money and integrity. Joyce Brothers did a survey and discovered that most sex abuse on girls happened at the hands of stepfathers that didn’t raise them as toddlers. Proper bonding didn’t happen. If the wife has a son by a previous marriage, the new husband often feels threatened by that son and there are problems. Regarding gray hair, color it. They found that as women age, that lighter shades (like a soft frost/highlight) caused them to look younger. Also, as you pass 40, your metabolism slows down and you’ll lose weight by eating right foods in right amounts and by exercising. The South Beach diet is really good. You can probably find a used copy cheap. Check it out.

Here are a couple of wonderful but not expensive dishes you might try when having the guy for dinner. For dessert, get a box of brownies (Wal-Mart has them 2 for $2), add 1 cup chopped pecans and serve with Cool Whip. This would be a guy’s dinner and should cost you about $3/person.

1 package of turkey cutlets (about $3.70/lb but worth it). There should be four cutlets in the package.

1 large can fried onions (like you use in green bean casserole)

2 eggs, beaten well

Salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Dip cutlet in mixed egg, then dip in fried onions and place flat in a greased pan.
  3. Salt and pepper cutlets
  4. Put in oven uncovered for about 30 minutes.
  5. Take out and watch everyone chow down.

You could serve this garlic mashed potatoes. Here’s that recipe.

2 lbs potatoes

1 head garlic (pick a large one)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 cup sour cream

4 tablespoons butter

milk or cream, if needed

salt and white pepper

Separate head of garlic into individual cloves. Toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in small piece of aluminum foil. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 minutes. When the garlic has cooled to the touch you should be able to squeeze it out of the 'paper' shell of the individual cloves. Mash the roasted garlic with a fork.
Peel and boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Mash potatoes and add garlic, sour cream, butter, and salt and white pepper. Whip at medium speed until smooth. Add cream or milk to adjust consistency.

Anita, a few thoughts regarding your posting. I am not a babe in Christ; I’ve walked with God for 31 years. I have difficulty with folks freely throwing out “I love you” blah, blah, blah. Rarely will you hear me say those words even though I am a Christian because there are Christians I haven’t be able to rise (at this point in my growth in God) to love. Some I flat out don’t like. It’s wonderful that you have a healing ministry and that Ann doesn’t take anything but aspirin now and then but not all of us are at the same place. We are different with different personalities. What’s important is that we give each person permission to be where they are right now in their walk with God. To receive them for whom they really are right now rather than who we think they should be or could be. I don’t pursue healing because that’s not where God has me right now. I remember being at Christ for the Nations in the 80s. Each week they had a special speaker that spoke six times during that week. The evangelists would come and try to teach us their evangelistic technique. Boy! Did they run guilt trips on us if we weren’t leading people to Jesus! It was like “This is my deal. It’s great and I want you to eat this because it’s important. Now, eat! Eat more! Swallow! Here’s another piece! Hey, why are you choking? What the heck’s the matter with you? Tina, eat. Eat the food! (That was a little Napoleon Dynamite—did you get it?)”

Okay. I’m finished pontificating. Have a good day, ladies. It’s raining cats and dogs today in Kansas City.

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

OK Girls...

For very obvious reasons I've been staying out of this thread, but I've been watching!  grin!

I think you are all doing a great job with a very important issue.  As the husband of one who's been dealing with these things for some time now, I pretty much consider myself an expert on this subject!  Wow do I ever!

However, the thing that I really wish to address here is the matter of growing older.  Age is a perception of the mind!  A birthday actually means nothing unless we make it so!  Just think, if we had no way to measure time, say clocks and calanders, etc., we'd never know how old we really are!  In May I reach the mark of 61.  Last year on my 60th birthday,  Laura, (who works as a nurse to older people) one of my daughter in laws said, "60 is the new 40!"  Of course that really made me feel great!  But you know I really don't look at myself as soon to be 61 years old!  I don't think old!  I still try to do things that I did when I was younger, of course with more aches and pains! 

Yesterday we left Prescott, AZ, heading back again into Texas.  We had to drop a young man off in Gallup, NM, who was a part of our ministry team over the past 10 days or so.  Then we wanted to make Alburquerque, NM by nightfall as there is a good RV Park here.  Anyway, leaving Prescott, driving our motor home up the mountain, we ran into heavy snow.  Then on over the top at Flagstaff and continued east to Gallup, then on east.  The wind was the worst that I had ever driven our motor home, "Piglrim I," in.  We were being pushed around like a kite!  My arms ached when we got settled!  Here's the point... I felt the driving battle in my joints and muscles, but my mind was very sharp, thankfully as a very sharp mind was needed in driving our rig yesterday!

Pamela and all... we are only as old as we think we are!  I thank God for His continued renewing and restoration! 

Oh... one last thing... there is nothing worse than an older person denying their age.  I hate to see 70 year old women (or men) dressing like they are only 30!  God is needing some older people to begin to minister within the Body of Christ.  After all doesn't He tell us that the older women need to be teaching the younger?  (Men too!)  Let me say this my Sisters.... you are very much needed today!  You are full of wisdom that many of today's younger sisters just don't have, considering some of the enviornments they are coming from.   Several years ago, our church handed out turkey baskets for Thanksgiving.  One young lady didn't have the slightest idea how to cook it.  She asked Corinne, "Do I just boil it?" 

We need a whole lot of "Mothers" released once again within the Church.  What I read from you Gals... You da Girls!"

Love to all!

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hey Leslie...

When we all coming over to dinner?  Sounds great Sis!

Blessings,

Larry

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Larry, I totally agree that we are as old as we think. I'm 56 and feel incredibly powerful but do love a good afternoon nap! I also agree that we need to grow old gracefully and without shame. However, I'm not adverse to some good old war paint (makeup) and highlighting the grey out my hair.

I love to cook and entertain and was thinking today that we should do some regional OH get togethers this summer. I could host Kansas City. Our house sits on 1.1 acre with plenty of entertaining room in the patio. I have five bedrooms/3 baths and a guest room over the carriage house. I used to cater and am comfortable cooking for large crowds as long as everyone chips in setting up and cleaning up. If you like, we could host you and your good wife and let folks know the dates and they can come join us. I'm going to Frank Viola's home church gathering in Springfield the weekend of April 11-13 to get connected with other home church wannabes. I'll be ready after that.

Re nip and tuck, I saw some plastic surgeries on the Discovery channels a few years ago and had to turn the channel when they were running the instrument along the forehead under the skin in order to "life" the face. Couldn't take it!

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

I'm reading a book titled "Another Country" that discusses the WWII generation, their mental health and how they view their world versus the Boomers. It is full of wonderful information and should be read by anyone with an older parent. The author labels the old in two categories--the young-old in their sixties and seventies and the old-old in their eighties and nineties. She says folks usually become old-old due to health breakdowns. It is an informative read for elderly caregivers that are relatives. It clarifies so many things we Boomers might not understand about the older generation. I started working as an elder caregiver last May and I really, really enjoy my job because it allows me to nurture, comfort, entertain and care for elderly women. In some cases I have the privilege of helping them prepare for death.
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Leslie,

We'll  not be too far from KC sometime in mid-late June.  Hummm pray about it... see what the Lord says!

Also, I didn't know you were into house church!  That's up my alley too!  We help in planting them!

Very interesting!

Blessings,

Larry

Edited by Larry Silverman on 03/17/2008 at 11:56am

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Sounds yummy Leslie

I tried doing a tinsika a few years back..it's a cartwheel going into a front walkover. The mind said `you can still do this' the body said Yeooowww!! lol and Larry, i don't care what..i'm not going to wear polyester pants or moomoo's. When i was little, you'd never see an older person wear jeans. I mean that just wasn't done!

I'm with quite a few young people that stay here..outside my own. Some are christian some are not and some in crisis. They are either in a very dysfunctional home or from a broken home. The girls place alot of emphasis on their outward appearance. One can be a knock out looker but no matter what they do re their appearance, in their eyes, they don't measure up. At the sametime they know they are well received( to say the least) because of how they look. There's this battle that is going on...who loves me for who i am?! I will tell you, they are screaming it. The word contentment is not even in their vocabulary. Why is godliness with contentment great gain?

`Mother's' are needed in all practicality, spiritually, emotionally etc. and so very much appreciate this thread.

Edited as i was laughing at the time of writing about polyester pants a moomoo's

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 03/17/2008 at 2:13pm

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Larry, we're out of town June 26 through July 6. We had a home church for a while, but it got too weird and I bailed. Then I went a home church I heard about but that wasn't a fit either. Since then (Oct. 2006), I've been at home. I told God if he wanted a home church he'd have to put it together or lead me to it. Now, I think I'm ready to try it again on a small scale. I work on Sundays. There is a home church on house to house but they meet on Sundays. I really don't want to meet on Sundays--too traditional. I'm thinking I'd like to have a Friday or Saturday night dinner to start and then see what happens. Reading Larry Denton's postings on gathering, I see that I, as the host, would be the leader giving it some form as led by the Holy Spirit. I look forward to going to Springfield for three days with Frank Viola. The only problem is that my spouse is not really into this stuff--not opposed, just not into it. I think Springfield might be a spring board in that I might meet some folks in this area and we can begin with some of them for dinners on Fridays and see where it goes from there. I am so not into religiousity and hyper spirituality. At this point I'd rather hang with pre-believers or nominal believers than hyper believers. Can we please, please be real and transparent and just chill?! Having been at Christ for the Nations for two years and involved for a time with IHOP (not the pancake place), I know what hyper spirituality is. Yes, it has its time and place but for me I can't have it as a steady diet. Let's keep linked and I'll get back to you after April 13 (Springfield with Viola).
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 03/17/2008 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

Hah! Some reality here!  I love it!  I am pretty much totally grey now - and began that change at 23 yrs old.  Have never dyed my hair and do not have plans to do so.  I am blessed to have a nice color grey.  Besides, what someone here said was so extremely important!!!! We have so many in our Nation of USA and probably all over the West, who NEEEEEEEEEDDDDD desperately need, the mom's and dad's grandma and grandpa's in this day.  Not meaning we'd replace Father God or even natural parents, but there's such a great need for those who are complete inside and oh man, just a wee bit under the surface...or even boldly out ON the surface...so much need.

I may dress younger than some 49 yr olds and older than others...I don't know.  I do not think so much about the "age" of what I am wearing as I do about how it looks on me and expresses me.  People tell me I am sort of "earthy" in my style and personality.  However I do have to dress nice for my job position, so temper it a little bit.  I do wear jackets but they are not usually the straight "business suit" - don't own one at all.  Probably do use a few elements of the younger set but not most....

I have it from a very good source/s that in order to really connect with those younger ones...they run screaming from older people trying to be "cool" and so on..acting like teens..they so need and want older people who think they are wonderful but who are themselves and their age.  They find that "cool" if you will.  They crave and need older people around them who truly care about them and can be vessels of God's love to them in various ways.

I do believe that when we were initially made, we were not made to suffer a lot of the various ways humans suffer in aging and other areas too.  It was not originally designed for us to live that way.  However, people DO suffer these things, and people do suffer pain in childbirth, and people do grow aged and die at present.  A day will arive when all of this ends for good.  I know one person who was able to have painfree childbirth by connecting with God on that area - all 3 times.  I have known of babies healed in the womb of serious genetic defects and other things.  These are all cause to rejoice..all healings and reversals of the things sin and death brought us are awesome!  I also see how it could be held over people and forcefully and heavy handedly handled in order to measure people's faith or spirituality.  In fact it is not a measure of either one.  We really cannot know that much. 

So - in the meantime I agree that there's got to be grace or what have you with each other and facing the reality of what is.

So - I can hope that things may not get much worse with me, and with the continued excercise as well as a more careful watch on my diet...and really connecting with God on stuff, and God giving wisdom to my physician, and really being engulfed in God-love at all times...and just the maturity of the Lord, and enough rest (I can still sleeep at the touch of a pillow unless God awakes me for prayer.  This is a major reversal of fear, torment, and worry induced insomnia I had from my very young years up to my late teens when I got some deliverance and restoration began)  and if these things don't hold steady -- then the grace to walk thru whatever....as He supplies daily, and moment by moment...

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/18/2008 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

oh yeah, if my hair was going grey all at once or gradually all over..i'd leave it too. But alas...nope, it's doing it's own thing. A little here, a little there and then this odd patch lol majority of my hair is still very dark, so i wash that grey right out of my hair.

So true Denise, these younger ones want real. Someone who will listen but at the sametime, shoot it to them straight and tell it like it is. Some of these younger ones, well they range from 14 to 23 and some will call me mom and one calls me maam.

I'll share two stories of miracles. A expectant mother in her 7th month time of pregnancy, the baby had died. The drs. wanted to immediately take the baby out, she said no. She told them she wanted to go to church first and then whatever needs be done, to be done. We were a small group of people and she came and everyone prayed and THUMP, the baby kicked. A few months later she had baby girl who she named Angel.

Another is a young mother in her 5th month gave birth to twins. One a 1 lb and the other slighty over that..a matter of ounces. The baby's could fit in the palm of their dad's hand. They were given a grim outlook. While the parents were not christian, they had many praying for these baby's. One was able to come home after only two months in the hospital, the other after four. They are 9 yrs. old now. Through prayer and the medical staff and equipment, medicine, these two are walking miracles.

I was doing fine and then yesterday..Wham! it's definitley a fight for me and really looking to Him for help in and through it and as you said, moment by moment. i'm counting on His strength.

Carol Marler

Posted: 03/18/2008 at 7:35pm | IP Logged Quote Carol Marler

Leslie,

I made those "mashed potatoes" tonight for my guy....He thought they were awesome.  I had "fried chicken tenders" instead of the "baked turkey cutlets" cause my hubby guy couldn't find the "fried onions"!!!!  He loved loved the mashed potatoes....I added a little twist...I used crushed "cheezit" on top.  YUMMMM!!!

View Carol Marler's Profile Search for other posts by Carol Marler Visit Carol Marler's Homepage
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/18/2008 at 9:49pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Carol,

you reminded me of a really simple recipe.

Frozen Stoufer's Mac&Cheese, simply follow the directions for baking. About 15 mins. before it is ready to come out of the oven. Take a tablespoon of butter and let it melt in a frying pan and then saute' crumbled crackers until golden brown. Pour the crackers on top of the Mac&Cheese and let finish baking. Yummmy!

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/19/2008 at 4:17am | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

I am curious how old is everyone here.  I am 42.  Ok if you like to tell your age in Marsion yrs you can do that.  It takes two earth yrs for one yr on Mars.  I am 21 yrs old in Marsion yrs. 

Would people mind sharing their pictures as well their age?

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/19/2008 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

The fried onions are found in the canned vegetable aisle on the top shelf near the green beans.

Pamela, I am 55 years old and don't have a picture I'm willing to post yet. I'm in the process of losing 50 pounds. I've lost 20 lbs since Thanksgiving--7.5 the past two weeks using a different diet. I was hot when I was young and I'll be hot in June when I'm lighter, tanned and ready to go to Florida to the beach. Well, I don't know about "hot" at 55, but they won't be firing up the grill like the Red Lobster ads in the summer. Now, Kathy Bippus is hot! Perhaps she'll grace us with her photo. If not, I'll find the one she sent me and post it. What do you say, Kathy? Got a hot pic? Did you get Larry Denton's? I thought it was some scrawny, balding old man but he has quite a head of hair, doesn't he? His wife, Bonnie, isn't throwing photos out for general consumption either. I wonder if she's hotter than me? Hmmmm. Hahahahaha!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/19/2008 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Lelsie you're funny! At our age the only word we can associate `hot' with is Hot flash. lol I did receive Larry's email telling me he had recieved the pics. of me and my kiddo's but I still haven't gotten a pic. from him or you yet hmmm

if you post my pic. I'll have to drive to Kansas just so i can lay a choke hold on ya and whop you upside the head LOL

Pamela, I'm 48 and wouldn't mind sending you a pic. privately. The only recent picture I have is one of me trying to take a picture of myself with a cellphone. I had no idea what i was doing  and that's the one Leslie and Larry have

gotta go, we under evacuation here and the school is sending the kids home early. i'm not usre if we yet have to evacuate..we're about a block and half from the river..okay, later

Denise Detwiler

Posted: 03/20/2008 at 6:07am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

I don't have a very current photo available at present -- will see what I can do soon.  Basically I am short and a little plump at 49 - however the inches I have lost in the past year -- as well as the increase of energy and, because I am excercising my body is wanting more of what makes for better fuel...

When I began excercising almost exactly a year ago -- well, even my walking was not much doing it for me by then - just had been walking a mile or less a day as opposed to several yrs of walking 1-3 5 days a week.  Even that was not truly a good enough workout but better than nothing.  However I had been a couple yrs walking 5 miles or less a week...up and down a lot at my job because I actively engage with my people...but was fooling myself as I discovered last March....yupperssssssss....I went on the eliptical trainer and found I could force myself to make 10 mins total.  Also that I got to 80% of my recommended max heart rate within a couple mins.  It was ugly.   I did remember to stretch after each session, and these sessions were leaving me very exhausted and all, in a good way.  There thank God was no heaviness in the chest or anything like that....

Now, a year later -- and with some admitted overly long breaks...I am almost ready (one inch left) to trade my second belt for the next smaller size.  I have been dissappointed by the number of pounds I have reduced, however am gaining back strength and muscle tone I have lost.  So muscle weighs more than fat.  I can't fool myself - theres a bunch more fat that must go.  At this age for me this is far more work than it ever was in past times...but I also was in far worse shape for longer too....I am now running 30-45 mins at 80% of my recommended max heart rate and not wiped out by the next day (physically) and beginning to increase now on the resistance work in between days.  I have FAR fewer aches and pains.  Because the eliptical CAN really give you a pretty comprehensive workout (if you work it right) arms, core and lower body are being impacted.  So it does give you some resistance training if you focus and do it...

What's interesting was that within weeks after starting to work out last year opportunity arose to travel to Ukraine and minister.  Had I not been in the shape I was by July this would have been very very much more difficult, what with the over 100f temps and hours and hours of ministering - and we are going again in April - and I believe I am stronger now than then.  So God got to me just in time.  Not that He hadn't been nudging me prior to then....of course in April it should be nice and cool...maybe like 50's or so...but those long intl flights and time shifts really are a lot on the bod'.  Plus you walk a lot in Europe -- with luggage and musical instrument in tow oftentimes.

I do know I didn't "have" to get so bad, but I do not feel condemned - God doesn't condemn nor require rigid performance....I have known I would be doing more traveling and more international traveling to minister...wisdom would have been to remain thin and strong...His grace is enabling me to recover and restore...

With the excercise my body seems to more efficietly assimilate nutrition - have actually had to reduce vitamin intake as have been overdosing on less - just reduced again a few weeks ago - I get them at Vitamin Cottage BTW.  My mind seems more alert and it lifts my emotions too.  Overall energy is far greater -- and the 30 or so stairs in the house are a piece of cake ---

Edited by Denise Detwiler on 03/20/2008 at 6:08am
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/20/2008 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Denise, yeah for such good progress with exercise, etc.! Good for you! I'm going to a bariatric doctor (read fat doctor) because I was dead in the water with Nutrisystem after loosing about 12 pounds. I cheat quite a bit. The doc has me on a high protein diet with 45 grams carbs and 20 grams fiber and bunches of vitamins. I buy my vitamins at vitacost.com (NSI brand when possible). I found a web site that sells the food replacement products the doc sells. The web site, Nashua Nutrition, charges 2/3 what the doc is charging. I'm beginning week three and acclimating to the food (mostly drinking smoothies, fiber tea and other drinks with 15 grams per portion and eating pudding with 15 grams of protein). I'm mentioning this because it makes eating stuff every few hours very easy and my body likes it. No gaseous build up over night if you know what I mean. Some mornings I sound like a trucker! Mercy! I have tread mill and walk and watch a movie (Netflix is very good for good movies). The doc wants me to walk 7,000 steps per day (using an odometer).

Re traveling to Europe, do you know a sleeping pill called Ambien? It's wonderful for traveling because there is no next day hangover. When I go overseas, I take it when the dinner food cart is coming down the aisle. Gives me about 20 minutes to eat and build my next. Then I pass out for about 5-6 hours. Makes the flight shorter. Then when I'm in whatever country in Europe and I wake up at 1:00 AM but it's really 5:00 PM in Kansas, I pop one mother Ambien and that takes care of the jet lag. You need a script for it. Ask your doc if you can 10-15 10 mg pills and you'll be set. Very nice for sleeping. I even took it while traveling by myself to Istanbul from Dallas to visit my best friend. I did have one of those traveling pouch thingies inside my shirt with passport, credit cards and cash. Terrorists could have taken over the plane and I would have slept through it. It was two years after 9/11 and the plane to London from Newark was 40% full. Terrific flight with all five seats in the middle to myself. I basically set up shop!

Nashua Nutrition has their own diet with food products, etc. If you want scoop on what I'm eating, email me at skyplane@aol.com. I'm hoping to be a blonde hottie like Kathy Bippus in June! In fact, I think I'll send pics of Kathy to anyone that wants one for $2 payable on Paypal. How's that Kathy?!

KerstenHamilton

Posted: 03/20/2008 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote KerstenHamilton

Leslie -- how far--or how long-- does it take you to walk 7,000 steps on a
tread mill? Since I work at home, I use a tread mill and walk for 45 mins, or
2 miles, everyday. I wonder how many steps that is? I use the time for bible
study -- currently an excellent study by Rikk Watts on the Life of Jesus.
Wow, is it good!

View KerstenHamilton's Profile Search for other posts by KerstenHamilton Visit KerstenHamilton's Homepage
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/21/2008 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Kersten, usually during the day I walk about 2,000-2,500 steps. On the treadmill I figure I walk 5,000 steps on 2.4 speed, elevated to about 7 for 40 minutes. Hope that helps.
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

I haven't viewed this, but there may be a glimpse of me on this vid - the 16th of March I think.  If so - I am the one with the violin in hand....if not, oh well.  I am pretty short and am way back there...so I don't know if you'll see me or not.

In Quicktime. Click HERE. Or Windows Media. Click HERE.

Carol Marler

Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote Carol Marler

Leslie,

Easter Sunday (yesterday) I made both the cutlets and mashed potatoes...and WOW, hubby and I enjoyed SOOOO much...Great dishes, Thank You!!!

Carol

Pamela Helmick

Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

Kathy, I would love to have a picture of you.  Just email it to me.

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/24/2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hey Denise, I felt the presence of God when viewing that clip.  He is awesome in that place! 

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/24/2008 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Carol, I'm glad you and your hubby enjoyed the turkey cutlets. There's a great web site for recipes that I use. Here's a killer dessert that will disappear rapido and is so very easy to prepare. We serve at Thanksgiving. You'll find yourself standing over the cake "straightening the lines" and eating the slivers. I use 1 cup pecan pieces.

Pumpkin Delight (2005 Winner)

Ingredients: 1 large can Pumpkin
1 1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 can evaporated milk (12 0z.)
3 eggs (beaten)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup melted butter
Beat together first 5 ingredients. Prepare a 9" X 13" pan with cooking spray, pour beaten ingredients into pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over mixture, spread pecans over cake mix and pour melted butter over everything.
Bake at 350 F for one hour.
Cool and serve with Cool Whip or Whipped cream.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 8:53am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

lol Leslie, yep can do as soon as I get your pic. The cake recipe sounds yummy. i'll be hooking up my car to Larry's RV, so when he and Corrine come your way...i'll be right there with them :))) is that okay with you Larry?

Pamela, I'll send it today

Denise, I didn't know if that was you standing with the violin or not but thoroughly enjoyed the video.

I had a rather doozie of a time this last episode but went too www.soaking.net cranked it up and His healing stream flowed! Praise God! during this time there was brought `putting some things in order' or rather a sharpening of things already in order...kinda like fine tuning. I really see how inticrately we are made and He meets us right where we are in the inticracy and individuality of ourselves as a whole person(spirit, soul, body) and we can enter the plan He prescribes according to our intricacy and individuality. cool eh?  fearfully and wonderfully made we all are and how precious are His thoughts toward us.

That being said..this is me, is that you?( inside joke to Leslie. i put that in the subject line when emailing my pic. to her. it actually goes way back to when late husband use to answer the phone. instead of saying hello and before the days of caller id.) lol still cracks me up

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

We used to answer the phone "It's your dime." Then, we said with "It's your quarter." I answered our landline that way the other day and there was a loooonnnnggg pause as a teenager tried to figure out what on earth that meant! And now they think vinyl records (33s) are cool! Go figure!

I'm reading a very good book by Mary Pipher, PhD on woman and hunger and dieting, etc. I recently read her book titled "Another Country" that discusses the WWII generation and how they feel, the differences between Boomers and that generation, and how our society isn't ready to deal with the overwhelming numbers of elderly and how to care for them in their 80s and 90s. It was very impacting. If you have an elder in your life or family, I strongly urge you buy the book from Amazon.com. It will help you tremendously in your efforts to care for them and watch them age.

The same writer (Mary Pipher) wrote a book titled "Reviving Ophelia" about teenaged girls in our society and all the destructive voices that come at them.  That is next in my pile of books to read. Pipher is very into communal living where folks don't move away from home and you have intermixing of many generations rather than generational segregation which is causing a lot of the moral breakdown in our society. It's helping tremendously as I prepare to go to Springfield for Frank Viola's home church conference that's limited to 80 people. I'm thinking I will begin our home meeting with Friday night dinners at our house in the patio with a fire pit going. Just a weekly dinner giving folks an opportunity to get to know each other and learning to allow each one to be who they really are without expectations or judgments. After a while, we'll have Larry, Corrine and Kathy come visist us for a retreat or sleepover or whatever. Maybe a Lord of the Rings marathon!

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Kathy,

Just let me know and we'll swing by and hook you up!  Matter of fact, let's hook up a whole string of cars.  I don't know what the police would say, but we'd sure have a blast....an Openheaven Revival Caravan!

ls

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Leslie,

Have a blast at Frank's meeting.  Say hi to him for us.  Say the word and we'll be there!

ls

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Larry, I'll give Frank your regards. He recommended some books to read prior to the conference so I'll be buried for a while. I'm also taking my daughters to the "Paradise" worship deal May 25 south of Kansas City in a field. They are anticipating lots of teens and college aged kids. They will have no vendors, no one promoting their materials or ministry, no show boating--hopefully pure praise. I think the singers and musicians will also be behind curtains or something to keep the emphasis on Jesus. My older daughter and I haven't been to a conference in several years now. Got burned out on them. She's pretty skeptical that it won't be business as usual. I asked her to trust me that I thought this gathering has potential of being authentic and that God might show up. She's trusting me half. We've been "home" for over 18 months now and she's tired of the desert and wants to get involved with some folks. We'll see what happens.
Anita Lea

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

I wouldn't waste a trip to go to a conference if I thought God "might" show up.  That is so sad!

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Leslie,

The best book that Frank has ever written is, "God's Ultimate Passion."  I rank it in the top 10 of ALL the Christian books I've read over the years.  It has little to do with house church, but a whole lot to do with the God behind it all!  Even people who don't like Viola are in love with this book!

ls

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Anita, you wrote, "I wouldn't waste a trip to go to a conference if I thought God "might" show up.  That is so sad!" At this point in time in the Kansas City area, it's pretty quiet spiritually. I'm not chasing after God by going to conferences. However, I believe this Paradise gathering has potential for being "real" without emotional or soulish manipulation by the leaders. It's not a conference--it's a gathering in a large field of hundreds of teens and college aged kids to worship Jesus. No vendors. No personal promotion. Nameless faceless ones leading the worship. No hype. They're even returning any monies left over because they choose not to profit off this occasion. America is sad at this point in time. It's real quiet out there as we wait in our homes for the wind to begin to blow in whatever fashion God chooses. And, you know, I don't think I'd consider it a wasted trip because God sees the hearts of many that will come looking for an authentic way to worship Him. Many times over the years I've gone looking for Him when I was so hungry and usually I've found Him because He knows my heart. If it's a bust, then we had a nice day trip and He sees the motivation of our hearts to worship Him.

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Larry, Frank asked that we read the following books prior to coming to the gathering:

The Temple Within by Milt Rodriguez, God's Spiritual House by T. Austin Sparks and Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola and George Barna.

Anita Lea

Posted: 03/25/2008 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Leslie, I think you missed my point.  You said God MIGHT show up.  When we go ANYWHERE to worship we should EXPECT God to show up.  We should have an attitude of expectation.  The atmosphere of expectation is the breeding ground for manifestation! 

Denise Detwiler

Posted: 03/26/2008 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

LOVE home meetings like you describe there Leslie!!!!!! In fact your post precipitated a phone call to the house where I do the exact sort of thing you describe.  I mean, it's never the same.  And sometimes...sometimes...we DO actually get to praying.  And the age range is from 3 up to the 50's.  One night me and the three yr old got to praying together and others in the room got pretty wiped out.  Another time the three yr old prayed for me (that Denise would play with me and never get sick)  and I was pretty impacted....many times it's just a very relaxed and prolonged time of eating together, and just being...so I phoned John and well, we will see if we will be having a thing this Fri or not. 

Kathy - I agree that both soaking and excercise (as well as good and tasty eating and nutrition Leslie and others are sharing about) are very helpful in bringing the whole being into agreement and peace.  I often fall asleep with my headset plugged in, usually to a CD - I should explore the option you are using. 

Regarding the entire hype and performance thing in worship settings...yeah that's a big thing to break.  And sometimes people mis-discern a person's naturally bombastic and "out there" makeup as being a show or something....I fully agree and my discomfort grows exceedingly when there that false showy whipping into a frenzy type of thing going on, I grow equally uncomfortable when people are dampening and restraining unnaturally and I see in my mind's eye "American Gothic" (which I actually did see in Chicago once)

It's sure understandable how many people coming away from the ridiculous shows and such might be helped by having musicians hidden or even not using live musicians but canned music.  In order that they could sort of be re-trained to look to and focus on God.  Probably some of the veils and curtains used in the Jewish settings as well as many Christian traditions, robes and all such manner of obscuring the human and keeping focus off man and on God...all those things could have probably helped for people who might look to men and women.

The target of course is to be so connected and so one and so secure and free in the Father's Household that all of that goes away and family can be family.  Even with the occasional spills and oopsies...the fence on the stage is a relic of the Calvary Chapel history of the building we are in.  In fact people know they are free and welcome to step onto the stage at any time.  Many often do.  Away with veils, walls, barriers, divisions....and it is specifically publicly mentioned from time to time to come on up on the stage.  Tabernacle of David...removal of veils and curtains and open worship and access for all peoples...forget the whipping to a frenzy.  Extremely minimal even non existant coaching or mc-ing (stand up, sit down, clap your hands, raise your arms, sing louder, say amen....) Instead just God's family all together...instruments and sound equipment are not freely accessed by all...stage is, flags are, art supplies are (but different ones for the children on the art supplies)  And I did view the clip and yes, I can see i am really hard to see...will try for a better pic maybe...I so long for a day when we are fully free and we do not either falsely exalt nor envy the awesome gifts each other has in the Lord.  For ALL are needed.  All are valuable.

I do have an aging parent and having had no close by grand parent (my only grandma was 3000 miles away and in the latter years I didn't see her due to extreme poverty and logistics) so I may just get that book.  I see her at least once a week, and I am really at this time the only one who remotely can be there for all the stuff....

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/26/2008 at 7:02am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Denise, I just checked Amazon.com and they have "Another Country" (2000 version) used for $2. Shipping will cost probably $3.99, but it's totally worth it. You will learn so much from reading it.

I must tell you that the recipes I've submitted earlier are not necessarily super nutritious as much as they are horribly delicious. Good for company; good for easy family meal that says "Mom loves you!" However, they can be nutritionally enhanced by using "lite" products. I use Land o' Lakes Fat Free Half and Half with a lot of recipes and half butter and half virgin olive oil when sauteing.

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 03/26/2008 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Larry, I just ordered Viola's "God's Ultimate Passion" and now look forward to reading it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 03/26/2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

yeehaw Larry! it would be a blast!

Anita, yep we do carry Him

Denise, family is what it's all about and yes with all the oops and spills. Love is the prevailing factor. I think of within my own family, how we rejoice in one anothers giftings and such but what far surpasses that is the Love/love and acceptance of one another as a person, people, etc. it would indeed be a sad affair if we only rejoiced, respected or gave honor in each others gifts and not the person as a whole. Yep, family we are

Anita Lea

Posted: 08/14/2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Hey Leslie, I saw today that Estee Lauder stocks went up! Alot of people must have seen your post about how great their products are! 

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

I pray I cause no offense, because that is not my purpose at all, at all.

I would just like to bring up the fact that God does not "show up"......He's already there, right? If even one Godly, Spirit filled Christian is there, then so is God.....for He is with us, He is in us. So we don't have to wait for God to show up.......He's already there.....if ya KWIM......

spoken in much much love, Sandy

Anita Lea

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote Anita Lea

Amen Sister Sandy!!!

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 12:33pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Sandy,

OK if a guy invades this thread?  lol

I think that the "God showing up" thing is not meant to be a wrong thought.  You are right... He's never gone, He never hidden Himself, therefore He never has to "show up!" 

However when we use this term we do so not meaning any of the above.  There are times and seasons when God's manifest presence is felt or sensed more than others.  In times of Revival, for instance, the times are often called, "The Suddenlies of God."  It's like His presence is always there, but suddenly you are much more aware of Him, can feel or sense Him more. 

My wife and I are traveling revivalists.  We've been in meetings every night for the past 3 weeks, have more beginning tonight.  Believe me there were many times over the past 3 weeks of meetings that one would be very much able to point out the exact second when "God showed up!"

Be blessed and now I'll flee from this thread!

Larry

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

yeah, Ummmmmm I think it's okay for a "guy" to show up here........no problem for me.

Yes, I know what context that was meant in ( IE: God showing up).......I just wanted to throw out the suggestion that God in us is always where we go and that we have been gifted with more power than many truly understand...that's all I meant by that.

I very much understand "God showing up" in the context of a great and mighty blowing of His wind..... ( as in revival and great gatherings of Spirit filled Christians that bring mighty POWER in numbers...if ya KWIM and I'm sure you do).

Truly, it's something I really need. I live in a very small community and have experienced only one church that truly allows the Spirit of God to conduct the meetings, but there is so little of that here.

I just experienced the loss (physically) of my husband ....meaning, I know WHERE he is, he's just presently at my side and that is such a hard thing.

My main focus is on Jesus and I find that a strong "God showing up" experience would be soooo welcome right now. Don't get me wrong, He is holding me close and walking me through this, the hardest thing I have ever experienced......I just want more and more of Him.

Am I making any sense??????

In His love, Sandy

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 9:01pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Hi Sandy.... It's just about midnight here in Michigan.  We just got in from another powerful meeting in an Assembly of God church about an hour away.  We drove our tow car (the "Toad") from here to there and back as our motor home is in an RV park an hour north of the small town where the Church is located.  Anyway... all of that to say... on the long ride back tonight (we're praying to be translated like Phillip.  But... alas.. not yet!), I was thinking about your post.  I thought of another thing to add... it's Isa. 64:1.  I can't quote it right as I left my Bible in the Toad as we have to take off early for a Sat. morning meeting.  But it goes something like this... "Lord won't you come down like you did in days past.... etc.  We know that the Lord doesn't have to really come down from anyplace as he is and can be in anyplace he chooses.  But it's kinda like the same thing as someone praying, "Lord, won't you show up?  We need you now" type of prayer.

Thanks for sharing on this and for your more recent post!  I know that He is indeed holding you close... But Sandy.. right now, as I'm about to crash from complete tiredness...my prayer is that God will, right now, show up for you!  Yeah... more Lord for Sandy.  Lord bring the comfort that only You can bring in this time of loss to her! 

I'm thinking that He'll do that tonight for you!

Blessings Sister!

Larry

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 10:02pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

Larry Silverman wrote:
Hi Sandy.... It's just about midnight here in Michigan.  We just got in from another powerful meeting in an Assembly of God church about an hour away.  We drove our tow car (the "Toad") from here to there and back as our motor home is in an RV park an hour north of the small town where the Church is located.  Anyway... all of that to say... on the long ride back tonight (we're praying to be translated like Phillip.  But... alas.. not yet!), I was thinking about your post.  I thought of another thing to add... it's Isa. 64:1.  I can't quote it right as I left my Bible in the Toad as we have to take off early for a Sat. morning meeting.  But it goes something like this... "Lord won't you come down like you did in days past.... etc.  We know that the Lord doesn't have to really come down from anyplace as he is and can be in anyplace he chooses.  But it's kinda like the same thing as someone praying, "Lord, won't you show up?  We need you now" type of prayer.

Thanks for sharing on this and for your more recent post!  I know that He is indeed holding you close... But Sandy.. right now, as I'm about to crash from complete tiredness...my prayer is that God will, right now, show up for you!  Yeah... more Lord for Sandy.  Lord bring the comfort that only You can bring in this time of loss to her! 

I'm thinking that He'll do that tonight for you!

Blessings Sister!

Larry

first of all.........Toad???LOL

He brings me peace and more. I have had a burden on my heart for the area where I live, for a long time. I live in the country in a sprawling area of farms, ranches, housing developements...ect.

There are many people that are doing well, but just as many that are living in poverty. There is such a demonic presence ( an underlying presence).......it seems so peaceful, but there are many meth labs,drug dealers,  gang bangers and such, have been moving in this area over the years. There are many suffering people in so many ways ( as there are all over this globe)...but this is my community and I know it was God who put this burden on my heart a few years ago. I had no idea what the Lord had in store,but I knew deep inside that this place needs Jesus. Don't get me wrong there are many who profess Christ, but over the years I have found few that truly understand the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit or the true nature of His Love. Few who have experienced signs and wonders.

There is a great need out here for just what you do, revival....but on a constant basis. People of all ages are in great need of Christ Jesus, old and young alike.

I am but a "foolish" thing, but I believe the Lord put this burden on my heart so many years ago for such a time as this. I don't know what He has in mind, but I will follow His lead and step forward in faith as He speaks into my heart of hearts.

I have been a mom, a wife and caretaker of young and elderly family members. I haven't the foggiest where or even how I would start such a thing........but God knows.

I know that all this will begin to take place in God's own good time.

I know I still need to get "through" this time of grieving, but joy comes in the morning.

I have prayed in the past that He would use me as a vessel to bring healing to this community and I have this "feeling" that is just what He will do.

Whatever the Lord has in mind for me, whatever path He has set before me........I will follow, for His Glory and to bring others into His Kingdom.

In Christ Jesus,

Sandy

Sandy Phillips

Posted: 08/15/2008 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote Sandy Phillips

PS:

Isaiah 64

1.OH, THAT You would rend the heavens and that You would come down, that the mountains might quake and flow down at Your presence--

yes,Lord!!!!!!!!

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 08/17/2008 at 7:15pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Anita, Estee Lauder has been having more "gift" periods. It used to be that she'd have her buy something for this amount and get this free gift bag a couple of times a year. Now it seems to be every few months. I must say, though, that I've had several people comment that I don't look 56 years old. One gal, aged 86, was amazed that I don't have many wrinkles. That's cool, huh? I think having 13 and 17 year daughters helps me stay young.

Sandy, I am a caregiver and have been taking care of widows. I just finished a book that was a widows journal of her first two years of widowhood. It was very good. With that in mind, I'm going to start a thread for widows on this forum. Please come and process with the other widows or widowers. I'm not a widow but was intrigued with the book by the widow and thought it would be good to provide an opportunity for widows to share how they're doing and to realize they're not alone in the widow boat.

Marion Burdon

Posted: 08/22/2008 at 1:53am | IP Logged Quote Marion Burdon

Denise Detwiler wrote:

Simce I am only 49, I can't know what's in store for the years to come, but I sure hope that I have "put in my time" (heehee) and this may end up being a relatively smooth ride (relative to the severety of the teens, 20's, 30's)

I hope so for you...
I am 49 too, and have been using a natural progesterone cream since January and it is really helping my pre-menopause symptoms, which are exacerbated by Hashimoto's thyroiditis [ a form of auto-immune underactive thyroid].
It is suitable for PMS too, so I am wondering whether to use it with my 15 year old daughter, as she is in need - which means the rest of us are in need

View Marion Burdon's Profile Search for other posts by Marion Burdon
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 08/22/2008 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Marion, you wrote, "I am wondering whether to use it with my 15 year old daughter, as she is in need - which means the rest of us are in need"

I don't think that's a good idea. She might not be low on progesterone. I'd check with your GYN first.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version