RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: asking why? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Jess Cousineau

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/02/2008 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Why is it, that at least where I am - the only people who get married, are those who rebel?

The Christians who stay faithful and wait and stay pure are all unmarried, but those who play the prodigal suddenly have their future beloved show up. And those of us waiting are all still single.

I can't help but ask, Why??? Why?? Why??? God, I don't understand!!! 
View Jess Cousineau's Profile Search for other posts by Jess Cousineau
jerry joyner

Posted: 08/02/2008 at 7:03pm | IP Logged Quote jerry joyner

Jess, I can only tell you dont grow weary from doing good.  God is always faithful and always comes through.  I can in not tell you when or how, but I can say you will be so blessed if you will let God bring your soul mate to you.  This comes from a man who married the first time because he was in lust and waited patiently for God to bring his soulmate to him.
View jerry joyner's Profile Search for other posts by jerry joyner
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 08/04/2008 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Thanks so much for your reply
Matthew spinns

Posted: 08/11/2008 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote Matthew spinns

I am wondering the same thing however God wants us to find our soul mate and their IS somone for us all I can say is to pray.

Edited by Matthew spinns on 08/11/2008 at 4:05pm
View Matthew spinns's Profile Search for other posts by Matthew spinns
jerry joyner

Posted: 08/12/2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote jerry joyner

For all the people who are wondering why they are not being blessed while the "heathen" seem to be getting everything, I would ask you to read the article, Why are you here.  I can only say, from experience, God is always faithful.  Do not grow weary from doing good.  Be honest with yourself.  Many times we are veiled to the truth because of something we have hidden from ourselves at some point in our life.  Ask God to show you the truth and remove any veils that have you confused.  A major key to all of this is your obedience to Him.  He wants to reveal Himself to you.  You only need to seek Him and believe He is a rewarder to those who diligently do.  I could type all day long about the many things God has brought me throug.  Just be encouraged and know He longs for that intimate relationship with you.  He is so awesome.  He is alive, in us, Jerry
View jerry joyner's Profile Search for other posts by jerry joyner
Susan Boje

Posted: 08/12/2008 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Susan Boje

Hi Jess,  I thought I'd share a bit our my journey.  I was 38 before I married (been married 15 years now).  I remember how year after year my friends would marry.  No matter how hard we tried to stay friends I never fit in again with their new lives so it became very lonely and discouraging.  I kept asking whats wrong with me that no one is even interested?  Even time I would see a man really interesting and we would start talking God would blow it up immediately.  They got instantly transfered, moved, eloped or some such thing.  As my friends married, had children and then even grandchildren I was reconciled to the thought I was one of those who would remain a spinster.  The final straw was when the Lord asked me to be an oversees missionary-alone.  I had traveled all over the world and knew how lonely it can get with no one to share your adventures.  I finally said yes and left to join a crisis relief organization headed for Ethiopia.  My first day at the station I meet my husband.  We talked about marriage the first week, got engaged and married in 4 months. 

We have often laughed at God's joke.  See, we would NEVER EVER have picked each other in a million years.  And if we had met even 1 year earlier I don't think we would have lasted a month together. 

The person I was and the person he was before all the refiners fire...well we were just too incompatible.  Since we are both very opinionated and  set in our ways God  had to "reduce us" down to the most common denominator , that was Christ Alone was our rock, our friend, our lover, our ever Companion, our future.  Everything else is rubbish.  Since it's all rubbish we have nothing to fight over.  It's all about blessing one another without expecting them to fill our own needs.

As for the soul mate issue I have an opinion on that too.  My husband Jack had been married before to someone that he felt God said was his soul mate.  That really upset me at first, wondering if I was Gods second choice when His first choice messed up.  He told me that the soul mate idea was an idea from hell through the New age movement and belief in reincarnation.  The idea of one and only one perfect mate destined to fulfill us is also rubbish. The Lord  told me we are co-creators of our future and everyone who is sold out to Christ is in a sense a soul mate, because our souls are remade and transformed as our Spirit grows.  So I asked the Lord about the wisdom of marrying Jack and what was the Lords will in the matter (I had a bad track record of picking so  didn't want to decide on my own even though I was head over heels in love)  He said it would please Him if I choose Jack  and then He listed several reasons why it was pleasing to Him and that it was a very good match. 

After 15 years I can say it is a really good match!  Well worth denying myself and risking being alone my entire life.  Some of the loneliest people I know are married.  And some of the most miserable.  PapaGod's  plan is always best.

View Susan Boje's Profile Search for other posts by Susan Boje
Jess Cousineau

Posted: 08/12/2008 at 11:39pm | IP Logged Quote Jess Cousineau

Thank you Susan! You know that is what I feel like God keeps doing to me, too, like every time there is an opportunity for a relationship, He slams the door in my face. Your story has really given me hope. Thank you for posting!
Lisa Simmons

Posted: 01/26/2009 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa Simmons

oh, Jess.  I wish I would have waited longer.  Thats all I will say.  I got married at 25.  Not too young, but I wish I would have waited.

"Though He slay me,yet will I trust in Him..." Job 13:15
View Lisa Simmons's Profile Search for other posts by Lisa Simmons

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version