RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: My father denys that he ever beat my mother. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Pamela Helmick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/17/2006 at 3:43pm | IP Logged Quote Pamela Helmick

My father denys that he ever beat my mother.  I feel angry that he denys this and feels he needs to be confronted with this but many tell me to leave the past in the past.  What does one do when a family member will not repent of abuse that they did?She is died now but he also treats his second wife bad.

View Pamela Helmick's Profile Search for other posts by Pamela Helmick
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 04/17/2006 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Hi Pamela,

I could share some things here, but need to do so privately. If you would like to email me, please do..

kathryn_1@fuse.net

Love in Christ, Kathy

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 04/17/2006 at 7:47pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Thank you moderator for placing this here.

I’m going to share this in a round about way and not directly, as I don’t know your situation and this may help others as well. I have found in my own life, when there is anger, from whatever place it stemmed from, is usually because of the feeling of no control. If the anger stems from a hurt, His desire is that we bring that hurt to Him. That place in our soul that is in need of healing. There is no sin in anger, in itself. It’s when we harbor the anger, not releasing it too Father or the person or event to Him, that it becomes a stronghold. That area of which He is then not Lord over.  The repercussions of anger as we know, outwardly displayed destroys( there is a righteous and holy anger that is of Him..but we are not discussing that). The repercussions of anger held inwardly also brings much destruction and He desires us to be whole, spirit, soul and body. His love, knowing His great love for us, heals, delivers, sets free.

We can’t change the past, we can’t change people, only He can. He wants the Preeminence in every area of our life. One reason being, is that He loves us so much and only He can give Life, only He can bring Light into our darkness, whether in situations or those around us. We can’t do it. The situations or people may never change, but we can be changed and set free by allowing Him to do that which only He can in our own heart, in our own soul. He asks us to trust Him and to release those things to Him, forgive our enemies. So because of who He is within, we can then truly bless those who have despitefully used us, who have brought hurt. We do that in prayer and then we find not only as we release those things and people to Him and begin to pray for them and ask Him to bless them..which means: salvation, healing, wholeness, deliverance etc. , we find we are then made free and His peace rules in our heart and soul. We’ve placed it all in our loving Father’s hand, through whom every good and perfect gift comes from.

Casting all our care upon Him, for He cares for us. He spoke it to me this way once: Cast all your care upon Me, for I do the caring for you.

I’m not saying in any way that this is easy, at times we have to go to Him time and time again and let Him do the process of healing. Sometimes it feels as though we are literally being crucified as we lay it all down. We have this hope, and we know to be true, as we behold Him face to face in that time of prayer, resurrection ensues. Righteousness, peace and joy begin to rule and reign in our hearts and takes dominion in our soul. He is the Lord our healer.

Love in Christ, Kathy

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 08/22/2006 at 6:05am | IP Logged Quote Guests

Kathy, Im dealing with some anger issues as I speak here. I relize that we cant change people or make them what they probably ought to be.But there has to be a limit to what God allows others to do to us...A person cant spend there whole life with someone who just keeps hurting them, you cant spend your whole life forgiving someone for the same thing over and over and over again.When he/she doesnt feel he needs to change. We can do as God says to do, pray for them, bless them and forgive them and so forth.....but how much is enough? When its the same thing with the same person over and over again! Just how much does God allow??? before he finally says 'okay' Im taking this person away from you so you can finally be free!!
View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 08/22/2006 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

With each situation we have a choice to make. There are degrees of hurt that can be accomplished through those nearest us. That being the works of darkness, sin and death. We can choose (and know of assurety the enemy will also do this in order to hold captive)..too have a victim mentality. The victim mentality does many things in our life..and works death. It will make you `feel' as though you can talk to no one about the situation, or others may not understand, that you are alone in this. It isolates.

In situations that are abusive, the cycle can be broken by removing ones self from it and going and telling someone. One of the things someone in an abusive situations deals with, is trust. Trusting someone else to tell and so fear is at work, which keeps bound as well.

He gives us wisdom. Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stablity of thy times. There is natural and supernatural wisdom that comes from God and He instills within each. Some refer to it as, common sense. Within that, is His nature, even in those who are not yet born again. That wisdom and knowledge which is from Him, or common sense, leads too peace and keeps one in peace. So, we need to listen to that which He has instilled.

No one,not even God, can or will take that from us...choice...we surrender it, one way or another. Toward evil or godliness. Godliness is peacable. We can be waiting on God to do something, when He has already given way of escape. The godly choices we make leads to righteousness, joy and peace. In the christians life, these are to be predominate.

If you are in an abusive situation and you also have children involved..you have to make the choice as a good steward over the children, that their life is being surrounded and filled with righteousness, joy and peace which is what our life is to consist of. It is not merely meat and drink..in other words..shelter, food, clothing. He will provide these things as we make the choice to follow after His kingdom...righteousness, joy and peace.

It is not then..`Just how much does God allow??? before he finally says 'okay' Im taking this person away from you so you can finally be free!!'

You have the choice to be free. I would encourage you to go and tell someone your situation. Again, I went in a round about way in sharing. There is much more to be spoken into.

Feel free to email me and I will share with you further.

In His Love,

Kathy

Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 08/22/2006 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Pamela, Kathy and Tessa,

I would really highly recommend Theophostic prayer ministry in these cases.  I'm going to put a separate post on this forum that will go into some more details.

Blessings,

Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version