Mormon Temple

PRAYER Initiatives & Requests
OpenHeaven.com Forum : PRAYER Initiatives & Requests
Subject Topic: Prayer for job Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Amber Rose

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/08/2009 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

I don't know what I am supposed to be doing as far as work or a job. I am not able to find the job/career that I belong in. There is always something wrong everytime I get a job, in the natural the jobs always seem to be misrepresented by the employer, the pay is never enough for rme to make ends meet. I never find satisfaction or fulfillment. In my heart and spirit nothing seems to fit as far as a job this has been going on for about 13 years now. I cannot find my place.

I am working 2 part time jobs and am probably gonna get fired from one, that is so not like me, I have never been fired from a job before. I took these jobs because they were the only doors that opened even though I know they weren't right for me. I am educated, a previous business owner, amd intelligent, an excellent employee, professional and have a lot of common sense. Who I am and what I am capable of does not fit with what is going on in my life. The 2 do not match if that makes any sense. I don't know where to go from here or what to do with myself, I have prayed and prayed and prayed some more and will keep praying and am on all kinds of prayer lists. The Lord's direction and guidance elude me. 

I need to find the place of balance between what I am supposed to be doing /being in the natural, there also seems that I am missing the balance where the job meets my needs instead of living in poverty all the time and the balance of my place in life. I understand I do not look to the job to provide my needs I look to the Lord for that but sometimes he provides through the job. In any case after 13 years I still remain in poverty unable to make ends meet. I would like to ask for prayer and a word of what is happening, why its happening and/or what to do or where to go would be welcome. I appreciate it very much, thank you, Amber

View Amber Rose's Profile Search for other posts by Amber Rose
Mandy Gay

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Hi Amber,

I offer this for your consideration...

It seems that you are a very capable person and this giving the sense of being under utilised in work situations.  Mmm, in my own experience I have discovered that God is not impressed, neither is he interested in my strengths and capabilities... not in service to him or otherwise... in fact he has reduced me to the lowest type of work ie cleaning toilets, whereas I am capable and qualified to do much more.

Now, when I say he has reduced me, I am not saying that it has been against my will, as it very much hasn't, but he has changed my desires... or more to point HE has fulfilled my desires... and fulfillment through work is no longer a desire for me.  As for living in poverty, this I now do willingly, as I have discovered the peace of living in his daily and momentary provision.

Your point about never being satisfied or fulfilled through our work may be the clue that you are seeking those things in the wrong place... ie the world rather than in God.

Maybe he wants to be the fulfillment of your desires too.

Love Mandy

susan jones

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 9:27am | IP Logged Quote susan jones

Amber,

Be still now and allow God to perfect that which concerns you.  Perhaps, you are in the secret place of the Most High God.  It is not always what we "perceive" it to be.  When God puts me in a secret place (which is where I am now), He does His best work in me.  When God wants to use us, the first thing HE goes after is "our reputation and desires".  When He crushes those things in us, then He brings us out and present us to the public for His service.  Remember, when Paul was called, he immediately was sent into a "private and obscure place" for a period of time.  He was a very anointed man of God and a tentmaker.  Ask yourself, do you smile and praise God while you are on the job.  Just perhaps, God sent you there, not for the money, but to be used by Him to save a soul.  After all, everything we do and where we go is about soul winning.  When God's will for you there has been completed, then He will move you.  God has given me the unquenchable desire to ask Him to send me to places noone else wants to go....to the dry and barren places.  I just finished a trip to two third world countries and I took nice clothing and 3 inch heels.  Needless to say, i was not able to use them.  I was not in any air conditioned church buildings and I ate what the people ate.  I adjusted and got happy really fast.  Oh yes, I am humbled and happy for what I have and don't complain.  If you ask God to use you, then you don't get to choose the assignment, location or the amenities.  If you ask Him to use you, then He will send where HE need you.  Be at peace now and know that God is in control.  It is all about HIM and about soul winning.  I had a wonderful career during the day and cleaned toilets at night.  It taught me perserverance and humility.  I look back now and understand that it was so I would appreciate people who have less and I would be able to walk with compassion and the Love of Jesus Christ.  Why?  Because I experienced it for myself.  You can't minister if you don't have a limp yourself.  I will leave you with these scriptures:  Luke 1:78-79,Phil 4:6-9, 16-24.  I speak God's peace upon you even now in the Name of Jesus. 

susan jones

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote susan jones

Amber,

The last scripture should read 1 Thes, 16-24.  I had responded to your post earlier and just when I clicked on the "post" button, my screen went completely blank and I lost everything.  I started to not make another attempt and just put it until later.  Then I told satan that he is a liar.  He only confirmed to me that God is up to something and he doesn't want you to know it.  Well, he should have allowed me to post the original response.  Please, get up and beat the devil down with the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.  That is the only word he will obey.  Be encouraged and be strong in the Lord and in the power of HIS MIGHT.   I will be praying for you.  Tell your Mom hello for me.  Whatever you do, DON'T LET satan STEAL YOUR JOY!  Get up and get really happy!  You are a child of the Most High God and His name is El Shaddai, El Elohim, Jehovah Jirah, Jehovah Nissi.  Remind yourself of who GOD is and that you are not defeated.  Shake this off from you and receive God's strength.  Jeremiah 29:11!  God does not make mistakes and He knows where you are.

susan jones

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote susan jones

Amber

1st Thessalonians chapter 5, verse 16 through 24 must be for you, because this is my 4th attempt to get this to you.  Again, i say the devil is a liar.  he is working overtime to prevent you from knowing God's will.  I am laughing at him because he only confirmed to me that he is mad and God's angel has him on the run. 

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Thank you both for your replies. I appreciate your wisdom. I also have cleaned many a toliet and still do. Its not about being high and lifted up, and like you said Susan its not about the 3 inch heels. Its about people and letting the love of the Lord flow through me onto others. I totally understand this and am doing just that in the places that the Lord has placed me in however there is more than what I am currently walking in. I know there is, there is a God ordained fulfillment that I am missing. My finances cintinually remain in collections, I am behind on rent 3 months, there is barely enough food. I still have the joy of the Lord, that has not changed, I have not lost any of that through this.

I am not complaining only weary. I don't care about wearing the designer clothes and having the best of everything, these things do not interest me and if I am to clean toliets the rest of my life that is ok by me but there is a fulfillment and a satisfaction that is missing from my soul, a continual emptiness like I am missing the path that I am supposed to be on. I have many a limp as we all do. Maybe I miss stated myself in my original prayer request, maybe I said it all incorrectly. Its not about the satisfaction in or of the job itself its about the satisfaction that comes when you are doing what you are supposed to be doing and being. My identity does not lie in the job or the material things of the world I totally know that.

I hope maybe I have brought more clarification to what I am trying to say, if not please forgive me.

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Thank you Susan for your 4th attempt. Thank you for your prayers Susan and Mandy. Love ya's

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Mandy, there is truth in what you said, maybe its my desire that needs to be changed. Thank you

susan jones

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote susan jones

Susan,

The conclusion to the whole matter is; through all of this, perhaps you are right in the middle of God's will, which does not look good or feel good at times.  Remember Paul's life, Jeremiah and even Peter and John.  None of us are exempt are trials, but one thing for sure is that they will make you strong.  Don't focus on the natural or you will surely miss the will of God in your present situation.  Who hasn't gone thru what you have gone thru.  If I told you mine, you would laugh and say, WOW!....my situation doesn't look bad after all.  I have driven a car on gas fumes and was too proud to ask for help.  Oh, the things I could share with you.  I thought God wasn't in it and I discovered later, HE was right there beside me because He had already gone before me and prepared a way for me.  Just keep your faith in God and I promise you He will turn your situation around in His timing.  I know you are weary and that is okay, just don't give up which i know you won't.  Remember faith is the evidence of things not seen.  Right now, you don't see your rent being fully paid and money left over to pay in advance, but God see it.  You are going thru what we all (if we are truthful).  There was a time, when I would not eat because there wasn't enough for my daugther and myself.  Oh, but look at me now.  By the way, God has given me back my nice 3 inch heels.  One day Amber, I am going to read your testimony.  HE who has called you is faithful.  Let that word explode in your spirit.  You may not have any money, but praise God for His word.  Sometimes, you really have to laugh at your situation and i mean physically laugh.  It could have been worse.  I am praying for you. 

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Thank you Susan for your word of encouragement. Yeah weary and frustrated right about now. Thank you, your words touch my heart. Maybe sometimes it's really not about an answer that we seek when we are road and battle weary but more so someone to come along side of us that can speak into our heart to let us know that we are all battle weary sometimes and to lift us up when it seems we can barely walk. Thank you, Love ya

susan jones

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote susan jones

Amber

I do believe you are right where God wants you to be and in due time you will look back at this and say, "aha", now i understand why and what God was doing.  There was a time when the bank sent the repo-people to come and collect my car and my home was two days away from being auctioned.  I tell you, God stepped in when i was weak, weary, faint and there was nothing left of myself, that is when He met me at the point of my need and carried me.  Be encouraged.  Amber, i have learned to laugh and find humor in my circumstances.  It really helps even when there is little or no food.  Trust me, I know because I have experienced it for myself.  But, it wasn't the end of the story.  When I realized that then the fulfillment came and i leaned in Jesus arms and the joy I began to experience even when the wallet was empty and so was the refridgerator.  There is nothing like 'peace that flows like a stream of crystal clear water on a beautiful autumn day.

susan jones

Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:52am | IP Logged Quote susan jones

Amber,

It must be time for me to go an pray, I just noticed I wrote my name on a post for me.  However, I know that I cannot speak a word to another that is not first aimed at me for me.  Oh, that peace.....you know, "that peace that surpasses all understanding, it's that peace that guards our heart and mind in Christ Jesus", when the enemy wants to destroy us.  Oh, but God said; He will keep us in perfect peace when our hearts and minds are stayed on Him.  That peace that is like a stream of crystal clear water flowing on a beautiful autumn day.  Amber, can you hear the sound of it and see the stream of clear water.  I linking arms with you in the spirit and I know you are going to make it because you are bigger than your circumstances.

Mandy Gay

Posted: 09/10/2009 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Amber Rose wrote:
Mandy, there is truth in what you said, maybe its my desire that needs to be changed. Thank you

Hi Amber,

I feel it's more to do with your desire being fulfilled.  God wants himself to be the fulfillement of all your desires... then the outward desires change, or become insignificant, as a consequence.  I am reminded of the words of that old song "...and the things of the earth become strangely dim..."

Love Mandy

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/10/2009 at 6:50am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Mandy, yes thank you, my head knows that, but my heart hasn't caught it yet. Thank you for speaking to my heart. Love ya Sister

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/10/2009 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Susan, again thank you for your words and thank you for your much needed prayer. Love you also Sister

Mandy Gay

Posted: 09/10/2009 at 7:17am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Amber

Love Mandy

Monika Schmid

Posted: 09/14/2009 at 3:55am | IP Logged Quote Monika Schmid

Hi Amber,

I copy in a part from David Ryser's artcle:

"Do you want to be a Chosen Vessel? Are You Sure?"

http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=28911&a mp;PN=1

...But he would not display them.
These were chosen vessels.  They had come through the fire without defect.  They could be used for any purpose.  They would even hold hot liquid without leaking.  The potter would take these pots to the back room of his shop and place them on a shelf.  Then he would cover them.
And there they would remain.
These chosen vessels would stay under cover on the shelf until the right person came into the shop.  This person might want a pot that would hold hot liquid.  Or this person might need a beautiful, flawless pot to decorate a home.
When this customer came into the shop, the potter would say, "I have just the pot for you!"  Then he would go into the back of his shop, select one of his chosen vessels, and present it to the customer.  The sale would be transacted.  The pot would be taken from the shop and be used for its intended purpose.
Until then, it would sit in the dark…on the shelf…under cover.  Waiting. (End quote)

Amber, I propose you to investigate your Master Jesus Christ for a bold strategy for your theme "job".

HE will be very glad to reveal HIS sight of your situation.

I guess you are more prepared for the coming shakings as you ever can imagine.  

Greetings and blessing from one who sits in the "backyard" and is  ...WAITING...

Monika

Psalm 84,6-7
View Monika Schmid's Profile Search for other posts by Monika Schmid Visit Monika Schmid's Homepage
Amber Rose

Posted: 09/14/2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Hi Monika, wow, what powerful words. Thank you for sharing, that was beautiful. I needed to hear that. I am humbled. Do you mind if I sit beside you in the "backyard" and wait with you? Love you, Amber

Monika Schmid

Posted: 09/14/2009 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Monika Schmid

Amber Rose wrote:

Do you mind if I sit beside you in the "backyard" and wait with you? Love you, Amber

Yes, Amber, I think and experienced that WAITING is a virtue highly rewarded by our Lord Jesus.

Waiting does not mean "doing nothing". It means a faithfull, couragous being still resting at the feet of Lord Jesus on looking forward what HE has prepared for us .

Monika

Psalm 84,6-7
View Monika Schmid's Profile Search for other posts by Monika Schmid Visit Monika Schmid's Homepage
Monika Schmid

Posted: 09/15/2009 at 1:43am | IP Logged Quote Monika Schmid

Amber,

the LORD Jesus says:

My dear daughter,

You have labored much and

Took care for many.

NOW, yes, NOW it is time

To sit at MY FEET and be attentive

To My VOICE.

I have wonderful things to share with YOU…

I       you

Jesus from Nazareth

Amber Rose

Posted: 09/15/2009 at 4:31am | IP Logged Quote Amber Rose

Dear Monika, thank you for presenting this word from our Lord. Its confirmation of what He spoke to me a few months ago. Going into some quiet time with the Lord for 2 seasons. Love you Sister!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version