Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

The Changing Church - ORGANIC CHURCH Discussion & Articles
OpenHeaven.com Forum : The Changing Church - ORGANIC CHURCH Discussion & Articles
Subject Topic: The New Beginnings Miracle! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Larry Silverman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/15/2009 at 3:02pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Silverman

Taken from my Blog: Aug. 28

"The New Beginnings Miracle!"

These days there is a much discussion on what the Church is to look like. Some folks are very outspoken in their views, almost militant! Are there things wrong with the Church today? You got that right Mister! Is God being rocked off His throne by these wrongs? Nah, not in the least bit!

Corinne and I have traveled what we call the, "Highway to Revival" over the past 12 years or so. We've ministered in many churches, large and small, even good and bad. One thing we soon decided on was that if we were ever to be pastors of a local church again, we would have a ton of knowledge that we could apply in how to make that church a great one. We felt that we still did not have all of the answers on how to "do church" right, but we had vast information on how NOT to "do church!" We learned much by viewing others mistakes. Some today are saying that a church should meet in a home setting and call themselves a "Simple Church." Others say that buildings are still necessary. Still others say that there should not be pastors, at least paid pastors. Others say that it's important to call them by their title, often, "Apostle." I have many friends who vow that the structure of the Church as we know it today is about to fall, actually crash and burn. Some state emphatically that the Church as we know it today is a very "old wineskin." 

Denzel & Jeremy

Well here is what is happening with us. In November of last year we were asked to hold meetings in a traditional pentecostal/charismatic church in Florida. The meetings extended and soon we found ourselves talking to the pastor about us relieving him of his position for 6 months while he took a much needed sabbatical. In January of this year we took over this church. Then in February we were made permanent full time pastors. This church was about to close its doors. The people were as burned out as the pastor was. Many more were about to jump ship. We immediately began to institute radical changes, much to the chagrin of the experts who suggest that a new pastor does not muddy the water of a church too quickly. We had to muddy the water and do it quick, for the sake of church survival. We began immediately affirming the people, telling them that this church was "their church" and that they were to take ownership of it. We taught over and again that the Church was NOT the building, but them. We began to release them into ministry, encouraging them to minister to each other. We began to teach about covenant relationships and spoke all of the time about "advancing the Kingdom of God." Slowly we began to watch distrusting, wary faces, become faces of excited people as they began to see themselves as God sees them.

Soon something very interesting began to take place, we began to fall in love with our people! I really mean this! We actually began to fall in love with them! Then we began to sense that they were falling in love with us too! Now we are actually observing them falling in love with each other! Yesterday was a prime example. Corinne preached a powerful word. After she began to prophetically minister to the people who came forward. While this was taking place, I was sitting on a chair, caught up in the love of the Lord, grinning like a Cheshire Cat! One Sister said, "You sure are enjoying watching this aren't you?" She hit it right on the head with that statement, I was having the time of my life! One thing happened that summed it all up for me....Two sisters were on the floor, kneeling and crying like babies. These gals were separated in age by about 40 years. The younger of the two, several months ago, had made the statement that there were not too many people her age in the church. Well, age didn't matter yesterday as I saw these two begin to love and minister to each other. One ministered to the other and more tears flowed. They hugged each other for several minutes and then the other began to minister to the other, and more tears flowed. Suddenly age had no bearing on anything, as they were both giving and receiving ministry. And I didn't do a thing but just watch and enjoy every precious moment! They were loving each other!

I'm coming to a conclusion, that it doesn't matter what type of church you have, Simple, Institutional, Traditional, etc., etc., If the leadership is not allowing ministry to flow and is not dependent on the Holy Spirit, then nothing will work right. Our church, New Beginnings Fellowship in Hernando, Florida is a special place! (our website, copy/paste it into your browser as this blog platform does not allow hyperlinks: http://www.nbfhernando.com) God is moving in power, but I'm observing something very special take place. I'm watching this group of people begin to fulfill the calling that God has on their lives. Lately I've been talking about, "The New Beginnings Miracle!" This part of Florida is about to explode in Holy Ghost Revival! The Kingdom of God is about to be advanced in powerful ways! Folks, this goes so far beyond "church as usual!" Here's the deal, I want to be right in the middle of this imminent move of God! The vision of our church is to be there too! Even more, our vision is to take Citrus County, Florida by storm! Here's the neat thing... I really believe that this is going to happen! I feel that is why God brought two Revivalists off the "Highway to Revival" and settled them in a local church. I tell people all of the time that I'm still a Revivalist first, pastor second!

So...to the Church in Florida, I say, "Hold onto your hats, you are about to take the ride of your life!"

More Lord! Oh, and to quote a pastor friend of mine, "I love my job!"

Kingdom blessings! Larry

View Larry Silverman's Profile Search for other posts by Larry Silverman Visit Larry Silverman's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version