Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

The Changing Church - ORGANIC CHURCH Discussion & Articles
OpenHeaven.com Forum : The Changing Church - ORGANIC CHURCH Discussion & Articles
Subject Topic: Organic churches Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
JerilynCapaccio

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12/08/2009 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote JerilynCapaccio

Hi!
My name is Jerilyn Capaccione.   I live in Western Pa. (Aliquippa, Pa).    I have been reading a lot on OH about the organic churches that are springing up all over the U.S.   My family has been in limbo for about 3-4 years now because of the way we have been treated when we walked into the "rich churches" of today.    The last one we went to had a $17,000/month mortgage so you know how big of a church it was.   As far as the how the people treated the poor in their church (we were basically poor at the time because my husband was a truck driver and lost his job due to his BP problem).   We lost our home to foreclosure in December 2008 also.    When we attended the church I mentioned above, just because we asked for a small amount (very small) of help from that church, the Pastor of the church got up one Sunday and said that people who are out of work etc. need to find whatever job they can find a provide for their own needs (in other words the church shouldn't have to help anyone who comes into their church).   That was the last time we attended that church. My 2 teenage daughters (at that time they were teenagers) actually had young men (their age) in the church point their fingers at them and condemn them because they weren't dressed like the rest of the "rich" girls in the church.   As a result of this situation with that church and others we had gone to that were similar and my daughters had similar reactions from young men in those churches also, my 2 daughters (who are born again Christians) listened to the enemey of our souls and went out and found non-Christian young men and messed their lives up because of it.    They are now paying (especially my youngest daughter who is 25 years old with 2 children and no Dad for them).     My oldest daughter has since gotten very close to the Lord and listens to what the Lord tells her to do in life but is very frustrated because she is nowhere in her life as far as meeting a Christian young man, getting married and having children.    She is 31 years old and is trusting the Lord every day, praying, reading her Bible but she still gets discouraged at not having these things in her life.   Her and I are the only 2 in our family (my youngest daughter with the 2 children is not close to the Lord yet) who are listening to the Lord.     I wish there would be an organic church start up in our area of Western Pa that we could participate in.   Does anyone out there know of an organic church in our area of Western Pa?
We need to be connected with other Christians who are "kingdom Christians" and not just "go to church every week Christians".
Thank you.
Jerilyn Capaccione

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version