OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Jesus Loves Leicester Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Editor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/04/2007 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote News Editor

Jesus Loves Leicester

by Patrick Reilly, Special to ASSIST News Service

LEICESTER, UK - Churches across the city and county of Leicester in the UK have united as one to pour out the love of Christ during the month of September proclaiming the unconditional love of God and the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.

The first two weeks of the month will see Christian’s laying aside their denominational differences to fast, pray and worship the Lord before they take to the streets of the city centre with the Good News of the Gospel.

For some who have never witnessed on the streets before, workshops and training programmes have been scheduled to encourage them and strengthen their faith.

Many have already been preparing for the events with prayer and fasting during August and have been encourage by a prophetic word from the Lord encouraging them to boldly declare his name over the city without fear.

The four week campaign began on Saturday night when believers were inspired by the ministry of Dr Clifford Hill a highly respected Theologian and a Sociologist. He is also an ordained minister with many years pastoral experience in inner-city areas of London and is the Founder/President of the Newham Community Renewal Programme.

He is a former Senior Lecturer in Sociology in London University (LSE) and adviser to the Home Office in Community Relations, lecturing regularly to Senior Police Officers, Prison Governors and Senior Social Workers. He is the author of 38 books ranging from race relations to commentaries on the biblical prophets.

Dr. Hill is a leading authority on the 18th century movement for the abolition of slavery and author of The Wilberforce Connection (2004). He and his wife, Monica, lead the Centre for Contemporary Ministry based at Moggerhanger Park Bedfordshire and together they led the team that brought the slave ship Zong into London in March this year as part of the commemorations of the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade. They jointly sponsored the highly successful 'Love Cornwall' in September last year - a community outreach involving churches across the county that led to the Love Leicester event this year.
Don Double

Outreach meetings planned across the city include three day’s of “Mission Possible” with evangelist Don Double. Don who founded the Good News Crusade has ministered in more than 50 nations around the globe and has witnessed thousands of souls being saved healed and restored.

Also taking part in the ‘Jesus loves Leicester 2007’ mission is Tony Anthony, a three times world Kung Fu champion. He will share his amazing testimony of growing up in China where as a child he spent eight hours a day learning the martial art through a strict eight hour day training sessions with his grandfather.

Years later Tony would turn his craft into a sinister and wicked way of getting what he wanted through violence that eventually led him into a Cypriot prison cell.

A visit from an Irish missionary eventually led to Tony “falling to his knees in his cell and receiving Christ as his Lord and Saviour.

Tony Anthony

Writing on his website Tony confesses, “Few people have sinned in the way I have,’ but God has saved me in such a mighty way. Even though I have fallen so short, he has used me, in his grace and power to bring others to him. Evangelism is my passion,’ I pray that we will make many more disciples and that thousands of people will come to know the freedom and the love in Christ that I know today.’

Tony’s full testimony is retold in his best selling book “Taming the Tiger” which was voted CBC Book of the Year 2005.

Speaking to ANS, Alastair Gray, Chairman of Jesus Loves Leicester 2007 said, “What is so exciting is the enthusiasm and passion to share the Gospel and the willingness to work with Christians from a wide variety of churches and fellowships in Leicester. The shear hard work and dedication to achieve the vision of taking the opportunity to join together to share the love of God with the people of Leicester is wonderful”.

(ANS) www.assistnews.net

For more information log onto JesusLovesLeicester2007.com

Edited by News Editor on 09/04/2007 at 2:36pm
View News Editor's Profile Search for other posts by News Editor
Marion Burdon

Posted: 09/04/2007 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote Marion Burdon

Praise the Lord!

I pray for lasting fruit, for depth, for real follow up from people living amongst anyone touched by this (as one who lives in the West Midlands, concerned for Leicester in the East Midlands).

hehehe Clifford Hill looks so different now, as I do, I guess :(

(I used to read his books in the 80's).

View Marion Burdon's Profile Search for other posts by Marion Burdon
Marion Burdon

Posted: 09/04/2007 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote Marion Burdon

uh-uh (cannot edit my mistake)...I see it says Don Double, not Clifford Hill in that pic.

Is that really Don Double?

I am even more surprised at that.

Marion Burdon

Posted: 09/04/2007 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote Marion Burdon

sorry, please forgive another post, (which may seem controversial to some).

I am glad they are doing this, it is better than nothing and no concern - and God's grace is amazing.

Is this not how we (evangelicals) have always done it though?

expecting people to come to 'meetings' (I have just looked at the website for the weeks programme.)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version