Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Stabbing Victim: ’Best Revenge for Terror - Live Well’ Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/10/2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Stabbing Victim: 'Best Revenge for Terror - Live Well'

CBNnews.com

VIDEO>

The crime made headlines around the world -- two hikers stabbed by Palestinian terrorists and left for dead.

But Kay Wilson survived the attack, and she's using her life to encourage others not to be afraid.

Last December, Wilson -- an Israeli tour guide -- took her friend Kristine Luken hiking on the Israel Trail outside Jerusalem.

What happened that day changed her life forever.

"We were walking not far from here," Wilson recalled. "We were caught by surprise by two Palestinian terrorists... they stabbed us both, each one of us 12 times."

Wilson survived by playing dead. Then she and her dog Peanut -- who was also stabbed -- walked almost a mile to a nearby picnic table where she found help.

Police found Luken's body the next day.

During the attack, Wilson said she stabbed one of the terrorists. DNA from her pen knife helped police arrest the attackers.

"I think she's a real brave and great woman because what she did that night was really unbelievable," one investigator said.

Wilson recently returned to the park where she was attacked, as a tour guide and to encourage Israelis not to be afraid.

"I feel in some ways it could be redemptive. I think the best revenge for terror is to live well and to live a life of meaning," Wilson said.

"And not stop what we're going to do," she added. "Not sit at home because that's exactly what they want."

Despite the attack, Wilson said Israel is no more dangerous than anywhere else, and tourists should still come visit.

She would also like people to remember the enthusiasm of her slain friend Kristine Luken, an American Christian.

"She was never bland about anything. Enthusiasm was contagious so that's what I'd want to convey to people," Wilson said. "Also she really did dedicate her life to the Jewish people."

Another friend, Annie Selibowitz, told Wilson although the terrorists stabbed her 12 times, God had actually saved her life 12 times.

"I've just learned that when one is faced with such incredible violence and such a terrible evil attack that God is always there, and that we have so much to be grateful for," Wilson said.

That's exactly the message she wants to convey to others.

"I'll never know why Kristine died and I survived, (but) the thing that made me get up when I had those terrible injuries… it was the fact that I wanted to live," Wilson explained.

"It's this idea that my life is being given back," she said. "And we have a mandate to live."

VIDEO>

Source: CBNnews.com

Edited by News Room on 07/10/2011 at 7:56pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version