Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Surfer Bethany Hamilton Tells Fellowship of Christian Athletes: "I Accepted That God Allowed This to Happen to Me for a Reason" Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/13/2016 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Surfer Bethany Hamilton Tells Fellowship of Christian Athletes: "I Accepted That God Allowed This to Happen to Me for a Reason"

by News Staff : Jul 12, 2016 : FCA.org

"It's truly humbling, but a blessing to have been given a platform to share my faith. God just opened up the door for me to talk about His love to people all around the world rather than what would have otherwise been just the surfing community. It's pretty cool."

Kansas City, MO — [FCA.org] Bethany Hamilton is no stranger to beating the odds. And now, the world-renowned surfer has done it again, when she pulled off a major upset over Memorial Day weekend, beating some of the best surfers in the world in Fiji.

Thirteen years ago, Hamilton lost her left arm in a shark attack while surfing in Hawaii. But instead of shying away from the ocean, Hamilton was catching waves again just three weeks later. On Monday, the 26-year-old finished third in the World Surf League's Fiji Women's Pro as a wildcard entry who was not even seeded among the top surfers, reported NBC's "Today" show.

Back in 2010, the surfer talked to Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). Magazine about the movie telling her life story that was in production at the time—"Soul Surfer." Hamilton's strong faith in God helped her through the ordeal that put her on an international stage.

"In early October 2003, my mom and I started praying and asking God to use me and show me His purpose for my life," Hamilton told FCA. "So, after the shark attack, I accepted that God allowed this to happen to me for a reason. ...I want people to see where my hope and strength comes from: Jesus Christ. And hopefully they'll consider having a relationship with God, too."

Said Clay Meyer, FCA Magazine editor, "We are 'stoked'—to use the surfer vernacular—for Bethany Hamilton and her awesome accomplishment. We absolutely love telling stories like Bethany's, where the top athletes around the globe go about their lives and their sports with FCA values always at the core: Integrity, Teamwork, Serving and Excellence. We can't wait to see what else God has in store for Bethany Hamilton."

Hamilton has gone on to win a slew of surfing titles, and is inspiration to athletes of all ages as more and more hear her incredible story. She's also been featured in books, movies, television programs—including a third-place finish on "The Amazing Race" in 2014 with her husband, Adam Dirks—and is the face of cosmetic products. As a side note, Bethany and Adam's son, Tobias, celebrates his first birthday on June 1.

But Hamilton's heart lies in making an impact that goes beyond the commercial success. She supports a long list of charities and organizations, has traveled with World Vision to help orphaned and injured children, has shared her story with wounded veterans, and has even stopped by an FCA event to sign books for young admirers.

"I think (God) is teaching me about grace and patience and to be bold about sharing my testimony," Hamilton told FCA Magazine. "It's truly humbling, but a blessing to have been given a platform to share my faith. God just opened up the door for me to talk about His love to people all around the world rather than what would have otherwise been just the surfing community. It's pretty cool."

This summer, FCAis gearing up for its 60th Camps season, with more than 600 camps planned in nearly every state across the country and in more than 35 countries around the world that will reach upwards of 100,000. FCA Surf (www.fcasurf.org) has a variety of surfing Camps planned in New Jersey in three locations over multiple weeks. Learn more here. Additional surf camps are also planned for California in Del Mar, La Jolla and San Diego, California. For more Camp information, click here and search for "SURF."

In 2015, FCA's Camps Ministry experienced a record-breaking year, with a total attendance of 94,505 at 619 Camps in 41 states and 36 countries around the world. FCA takes the best attributes of both athletic- and spiritual-focused camp events and combines them into an athletic/spiritual experience like none other. Camps also remove athletes and coaches from the rut and routine of their sport, friends/co-workers and community, and place them into an exciting, healthy, athletic environment that allows them to pursue their passion for sport and clearly see and hear the Christ's passion for them.

FCA has a special web site dedicated to its 2016 Camps season highlighting the "RISE" theme. In addition to the foundational Bible verse of Joshua 1:9, other key verses support the message for all to overcome, follow, be of one mind, have purpose and focus on Jesus Christ at FCA Camps. Several FCA Camps are available for coaches, student-athletes, leaders and teams, both in the U.S. and internationally. To find Camps in specific areas or to inquire about volunteering at an FCA Camp, visit www.fcacamps.org.

For more information about the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, visit FCA's web site at www.fca.org, its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fcafans or its Twitter feed @fcanews.

Link>

Source: www.breakingchristiannews.com/

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version