Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

ARTICLES and Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : ARTICLES and Discussion
Subject Topic: Chuck Norris: The Most underrated Part of the Inauguration Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Julie Gilbert

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/15/2009 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

The Most underrated Part of the Inauguration
By
Chuck Norris

I know inaugural news and commentary are already passé. But I could not find one report this past week that caught what I believe was the most subtle, strategic and possibly subversive moment of the inauguration ceremony. Did you catch it?

Like most news agencies, U.S. News & World Report reported that the Rev. Rick Warren's invocation "clearly opted for a conciliatory tone that eschewed any mention of culture-war issues." But
Warren hardly was pacifying the elites or anyone else -- if you truly understand what he prayed. The invocation seemed like a rather benign blessing that even his most ardent foes could have interpreted as inclusive. But the real portrait of his prayer was quite to the contrary.

First of all,
Warren's prayer was nearly five minutes long -- about 486 words. He certainly didn't cower to typical audience intolerance for long prayers and opt for a short grace before meals.

Second, Warren embarked on what theologians call a Mars Hill apologetic, which is a biblical approach and deductive line of reasoning that the apostle Paul used in teaching about a Creator God, with whom all can identify at first: "Almighty God, our Father, everything we see and everything we can't see exists because of you alone. It all comes from you. It all belongs to you. It all exists for your glory. History is your story."

Third, Warren then narrowed his focus by identifying the Creator as the one true Hebrew (or Jewish) God of the Old Testament -- something that sounds inclusive of Judaism but also serves as the basis and narrowing of his Christian logic. At the same time, he was culturally relative and sensitive to (but not necessarily endorsing of) Islam by extolling God as "the compassionate and merciful one," a descriptive line that opens all but one chapter of the Quran.
Warren prayed: "The Scripture tells us, 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one.' And you are the compassionate and merciful one. And you are loving to everyone you have made."

Fourth,
Warren then covered the gamut in compassionate petitions -- thanking God for racial freedom and equality, praying a blessing on Obama and his Cabinet, and asking God to help us all unite in freedom, forgive us of our presumption and pride, and share with and serve all humanity.

Fifth,
Warren turned on a dime by calling on God to help us remember this universal religious truth (in all Middle Eastern religions, I might add): God will judge all nations and all peoples. Then, for clarity's sake, the name of Warren's Supreme Judge was given. He referred to this transforming agent, who changed his own life, in four different languages: "I humbly ask this in the name of the one who changed my life -- Yeshua (Hebrew), Isa (Arabic), Jesus (Spanish pronunciation), Jesus (English pronuncation)."

Sixth and last, just when you thought the "amen" was imminent,
Warren gave a coup de grâce to any political or earthly power -- a possibly subversive chess move to subtly call Obama's regime into checkmate. He called upon the global Christian community to invoke God's power against any and all human strongholds by collectively praying the Lord's Prayer. Warren rallied all branches, traditions and denominations of the universal church by triggering a prayer response through his words "who taught us to pray, saying …" Proof came as cameras immediately panned across the people in the Washington crowd, many of whom found themselves suddenly reciting the prayer with Warren. (It was interesting to watch how Obama chose not to join in.)

What everyone needs to understand is that the Lord's Prayer is no trite religious repetition to
Warren. He once explained in one of his teachings: "'Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.' Why do we pray that 'Thy will be done as it is in heaven'? Because in heaven, God's will is done perfectly. Is God's will done perfectly on earth? Absolutely not. In fact, most of the things that happen on earth are not God's will. God's will is not always done. … But when you pray, 'Thy will be done,' you're saying … 'I accept your plan, and I surrender to God's control.'"

Reciting the Lord's Prayer is pleading with God to erect his kingdom and execute his desires on earth as they are in heaven. It is calling upon the one true God, asking for his nature to overrun ours, his wishes to be fulfilled (not ours), and his rule and reign to be established (not ours). On the flip side, it is the most "dangerous" prayer one can pray if one wants to continue to live selfishly, misuse power and maintain control over others.

The Lord's Prayer is, in reality, the most invasive and subversive prayer to human selfishness that one can say. It's able to break down strongholds within us, within others and even within political structures. As
Warren again said, praying the Lord's Prayer is ideal "when your circumstances are uncontrollable, when people around you won't change (they're unchangeable), and when problems are unexplainable."

Now you tell me: Why would Warren, who thoroughly understands the Scriptures, pray that particular prayer at the transference of new political powers with whom he largely disagrees? The answer is obvious.

Like millions of others, I repeated this relatively short prayer by rote for most of my life without thinking twice about its meaning. But then I learned about its powerful truths from my pastor, who teaches its principles and encourages its daily recitation through a simple acronym. (You can listen to his Lord's Prayer message series on his Web site,
www.NationalTreasures.org.) The Lord's Prayer has revolutionized my prayers and my life, and I believe (as I know Warren does) it can change all of our lives, government and the world if we sincerely and regularly pray it. That's exactly why Warren's invocation included it.

For most,
Warren was reinforcing his image as "a unifying, post-Christian-right figure rather than as a divisive culture warrior." But reality is, as Jesus called his apostles to do, Warren was being as "shrewd as a serpent and innocent as a dove." And most never even caught it.

Say what you will about this purpose-driven pastor, but when you parse it, the Rev. Rick Warren's inaugural invocation was about as purpose-driven as prayers come.

Obama Inauguration Prayer by Rick Warren

Obama Inauguration prayer by Rick Warren
By Rick Warren

Text of the invocation by Rev. Rick Warren for President Barack Obama's inauguration:___

Let us pray.

Almighty God, our father, everything we see and everything we can't see exists because of you alone. It all comes from you, it all belongs to you. It all exists for your glory. History is your story.

The Scripture tells us Hear, oh Israel, the Lord is our God; the Lord is one. And you are the compassionate and merciful one. And you are loving to everyone you have made.

Now today we rejoice not only in America's peaceful transfer of power for the 44th time. We celebrate a hinge-point of history with the inauguration of our first African-American president of the United States.

We are so grateful to live in this land, a land of unequaled possibility, where the son of an African immigrant can rise to the highest level of our leadership.

And we know today that Dr. King and a great cloud of witnesses are shouting in Heaven.

Give to our new president, Barack Obama, the wisdom to lead us with humility, the courage to lead us with integrity, the compassion to lead us with generosity. Bless and protect him, his family, Vice President Biden, the Cabinet, and every one of our freely elected leaders.

Help us, oh God, to remember that we are Americans, united not by race or religion or blood, but to our commitment to freedom and justice for all.

When we focus on ourselves, when we fight each other, when we forget you, forgive us. When we presume that our greatness and our prosperity is ours alone, forgive us. When we fail to treat our fellow human beings and all the Earth with the respect that they deserve, forgive us.

And as we face these difficult days ahead, may we have a new birth of clarity in our aims, responsibility in our actions, humility in our approaches, and civility in our attitudes, even when we differ.

Help us to share, to serve and to seek the common good of all.

May all people of good will today join together to work for a more just, a more healthy and a more prosperous nation and a peaceful planet. And may we never forget that one day all nations and all people will stand accountable before you.

We now commit our new president and his wife, Michelle, and his daughters, Malia and Sasha, into your loving care.

I humbly ask this in the name of the one who changed my life, Yeshua, Isa, Jesus, Jesus (hay-SOOS), who taught us to pray, Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 02/17/2009 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

Julie, Thank you for posting this informative and thought-provoking article written by an obvious Warren groupie. While I have the utmost respect for Rev Warren and his purpose-driven viewpoint, I do take issue with a few points of Mr. Norris' all-encompassing yet myopic viewpoint of Rev Warren's prayer. Perhaps the most subversive moment was when President Obama chose not to join in the recitation of the Lord's Prayer. That the newly installed leader of the free world who says he is a Christian, chooses not to participate in a defining moment of the Inauguration, led by someone he specifically chose for this moment, is strangely ironic at the very least. The author's view of what was transpiring during the invocation and his interpretations of the Lord's Prayer while interesting, leave me unwilling to crown Rev Warren as "a unifying post-Christian-right figure". That Rev Warren is a well-credentialed Christian leader who rose to capture this moment is not my point for debate. I am troubled, however, that in so doing he has set himself up (with the help of "driven" supporters) to be "a" if not "the" spokesman for all of American Christendom. This is not only an unenviable and difficult position, it is also an impossible one to fulfill, no matter how driven he is. Not to speak negatively of Rev Warren, it is the heart condition of the American Church that is driven to idol worship. I will ratchet up my prayers for Rev Warren. By the way, purpose driven prayers are wonderful. How much more effective they could be were they person driven (Jesus) remains to be seen. After all, our faith should be about who, not how.

Edited by Ken Hornsby on 02/17/2009 at 6:29pm
View Ken Hornsby's Profile Search for other posts by Ken Hornsby
Julie Gilbert

Posted: 02/18/2009 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

you know, only God really knows the heart of any person ... our thoughts, intents, motivations, desires, roots.... I know we live in a day where there will be man that get before the Lord and say Lord, Lord did we not ..... in your name! and He will say 'depart from me I never knew you' .... I know that God can do anything, He is God Almighty, Creator of the heavens and the earth and galaxies and universe .... while I know the 'powers' that are behind govt's etc. I know that God is still in complete control and nothing is allowed that does not go through Him first.

For me, I don't want to judge Rick Warren's heart and presume that I know his thoughts, motives, intentions, beliefs and faith. I don't.  That is God's job.

As for Obama, I pray that the Lord would be gracious to him and grant him the spirit of wisdom and revelation of Jesus Christ.. that He would send his Spirit into his heart crying Abba, Father.... and in so doing that he would be changed into another man... a godly man, a man after God's own heart.  The Bible says that ALL THINGS are possible to them that believe.  I believe the impossible is possible.

I do not have any conviction of heart to judge any other person, in fact, my conviction of Holy Spiritevery time that I do so, is that I am out of line and I end up repenting.

I believe that Holy Spirit is fully capable of keeping each and every one of those who are truly HIS ... I believe that as Jesus prayed in John 17, that God would keep us from the evil one. 

I believe a problem with believers, is that they are by far too judgmental of other people. Rather than walking in unconditional love and respect, like Jesus demonstrated, they step in the role of being as 'god' and judge which in most cases holds a spirit of accusation (Satan IS the accuser of the brethren) and condemnation.

For me, God has just led me to not concern myself with judging people but leaving that to Jesus since God sent Jesus into the world to SAVE the world not condemn it. Judgment will be for Jesus to do one day and it has been made clear to me that I can't step into that role.

I want to believe the best about people as the Word directs. I want to be led by the Spirit and love people with God's unconditional love, because they are lost and need Jesus. And when they have Jesus I want to just love them and support them in their walk with Jesus because it truly is an INDIVIDUAL journey that each one of us make... but when we connect with God and Holy Spirit comes to reside in us, I have found that Holy Spirit is a pretty good teacher and will lead people into all Truth.

I just think that too many people get all 'religious' and 'legalistic' and self-righteous and start trying to force upon other brothers and sisters their convictions and standards ... again, Holy Spirit is the teacher in each life that belongs to Jesus and He grows us according to God's individual plan for our individual lives. Some grow fast, others struggle and grow more slowly... but hopefully they grow.

There were so many well meaning religious folks that held me back in my growth in God, imposing law and legalism etc. upon me ... binding me with guilt, condemnation, judgment and accusation ... I spent so much time floundering around ... but then it all became so clear to me and Holy Spirit just took over and broke off all the 'traditions of man' that made the word of God of no effect.

I don't want to be a stumbling block for any non-believer or believer. I trust God enough to deal with each one by His Spirit in HIS way and in HIS time.  I want love shed abroad in my heart by Christ Jesus - I want to love all people, like God loves them.  I want to extend grace to them and pray for them to hear and obey Jesus for themselves.

Sometimes that grace appears to be license, but God knows when to 'yank the chain and reign us all in' so to speak.

Rick Warren and President Obama may be currently, really OFF on a lot of things ... however, that is really God's business, as they are HIS creation and each will serve God's purposes, whether they are walking with God or not.

Our business is to love like Jesus would love (believer's non-believers, enemies), extend God's grace and mercy, believe the best, and listen to and obey anything else Holy Spirit would direct of us to do. We should pray, always ... but even that needs to be led by Holy Spirit for best impact, ya know?

Its about God's kingdom coming and His will being done on this earth in these lives just as it is in heaven.  The most freeing thing for me was that I don't have to worry about the details of any other life. God has it covered. They are in HIS hands.

I am in HIS hands too... and He tells me to judge ME by Holy Spirit and to repent of my sins as He shows me what they are. I am to deal with the 'log' in my eye ... rather than going after the speck in anothers eye.

I pray that God will be able to radically transform Barak Obama by His Spirit and turn him into another man.... I pray that the One True God, has Rick Warren in the palm of his hand and that HE is keeping him from the evil one so that he will not hear, Lord, Lord, did I not .... in your name? And God will say 'depart from me I never knew you' ...

We each have individual choice to go with our individual journey's.  We can chose to walk and fall away ... but God will always remain faithful to us ... He will NEVER stop loving us ... but He will honor our freedom to choose.

This world is ONLY going to know that we belong to Jesus because of our (HIS) LOVE, flowing out of us ... only LOVE is going to transform this world... not accusations, bickering, judgement to condemnation....

If each one of us would truly have the HEART OF JESUS, the care, compassion, empathy and LOVE of Jesus, then maybe more people would be walking in His Truth and desiring with all their hearts, to obey Him and love Him because they see believers living love and respect and grace-filled lives?

Instead too many just find a platform, point an accusing finger, condmen people and write them off ... all the while appearing unloving, unkind, disrespectful, etc.

LOVE is the more excellent way ... God is the Ultimate Parent for each member of the Human Race whether or not each one believes in, follows after or serves Him... they ALL will account to Him and stand INDIVIDUALLY before Him.

I pray that the Lord would send His Spirit in to Obama's heart crying Abba Father ... and that same Spirit would come upon him and turn him into another man; a godly man after God's own heart.  And where Rick Warren is missing it, I pray that Holy Spirit would rise up and fall upon him and bring him to Spirit led utter ruin and devestation of himself and all that is 'of him' ... and that from there, he would return to the Lord with all his heart, soul, mind and strength and be a man after God's very own heart.

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 02/19/2009 at 4:33am | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

Julie, Thank you for sharing your heart; I was deeply touched! I have no arguments. Point by point, you share much of what is in my heart. In my rush to point out what I believe to be a weakness in our curent religious system, I fear I came across as condemning and judgmental. This certainly was not my intent. For this, I apologize and ask your forgiveness, and others I may have offended.

To walk in unconditional love and be Jesus to evryone we meet should be the aim of every believer. As I stated, I deeply respect Rev Warren and his work. I am concerned, though that so many believers perpetuate our current "religious system" that places so much emphasis on one person or one person's ministry. I have my own heroes of the faith. They are my heroes because they pointed me to Jesus, not themselves or their ministry. I believe that it is also the heart and intent of Rev Warren to point people to Jesus. That he was chosen for this singular moment was no coincidence; I applaud him and rejoice with and for him. I also rejoice for the many nameless intercessors who prepared the way for this moment. I rejoice that the Name of Jesus was spoken with boldness and in many languages. I rejoice that Jesus was faithfully represented by Rev Warren.

It is not Rev Warren's shortcoming that he and his ministry, like others, are idolized. My heart aches that so much of the body of Christ depends upon others to be their standard bearer. How many believers will never attain what God has intended for them because because they are satisfied to settle in a camp? We must all walk in the fullness God has for us individually. We are often directed in this by particular people or ministries. But we are a body. True unity in the body cannot be attained if we continue to be "of Paul" or of "Appollus". 

I often have my grace chain yanked, and spend much time on my face repenting for logs and other impurities. My prayer is this (for myself and others): that my zeal for the Lord be transformed into the zeal of the Lord and that I represent Him, not my version of Him. My faith must be about who, not how.

Thank you again for sharing. May you walk in all the fullness of Christ that is yours! In Him, Ken

View Ken Hornsby's Profile Search for other posts by Ken Hornsby
Julie Gilbert

Posted: 02/19/2009 at 11:26am | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

lol, you know, I just write too much sometimes .... hahaha.... ah well... chatty cathy here...

Ken, Amen and amen! I didn't feel you were judgmental honestly, I think I knew what your heart was saying and it triggered my response 'in general'.

I completely understand what you said about zeal for the Lord being transformed into the zeal OF the Lord....  that is a big turning point. As we truly represent HIM and like you said, not our version of Him, which is kinda like idolatry isn't it? Love will flow unlimited and unconditional. We will over look some of the sin we nit pick at now, because LOVE covers a multitude of sins and we'll be more biased towards Grace as well... because we all know that "there but for the grace of God, go I"

I believe God, as the Ultimate Parent,  knows whats going on in the purpose driven message ... and in the heart of the purpose driven messenger as well as all His children in the various stages of their journey. I believe God knows the man HE allowed to be in the office of President and what purpose that man will serve in that position as ordained by HIM.  Contrary to popular tradition, America is NOT a 'christian' nation, but it is a nation that was created for people escaping religious persecution and to ensure liberty to practice their beliefs without persecution.

Today the two chapters God had me read were Isaiah 58 and Daniel 9 - I've enclosed them below in Amplified Version. I think both are prophetically significant for this day in which we live and for what we are coming in to. Face it, every one is going to be shaken and every thing is going to be shaken ... and what remains will be ONLY what is of God, period!

Ken, appreciate your words and heart brother... May you also walk in all the fullness of Christ Jesus our Lord .. He alone is the sum of all spiritual things!!  bless you!

Isaiah 58 (Amplified Bible)

1CRY ALOUD, spare not. Lift up your voice like a trumpet and declare to My people their transgression and to the house of Jacob their sins!

2Yet they seek, inquire for, and require Me daily and delight [externally] to know My ways, as [if they were in reality] a nation that did righteousness and forsook not the ordinance of their God. They ask of Me righteous judgments, they delight to draw near to God [in visible ways].

3Why have we fasted, they say, and You do not see it? Why have we afflicted ourselves, and You take no knowledge [of it]? Behold [O Israel], on the day of your fast [when you should be grieving for your sins], you find profit in your business, and [instead of stopping all work, as the law implies you and your workmen should do] you extort from your hired servants a full amount of labor.(A)

4[The facts are that] you fast only for strife and debate and to smite with the fist of wickedness. Fasting as you do today will not cause your voice to be heard on high.

5Is such a fast as yours what I have chosen, a day for a man to humble himself with sorrow in his soul? [Is true fasting merely mechanical?] Is it only to bow down his head like a bulrush and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him [to indicate a condition of heart that he does not have]? Will you call this a fast and an acceptable day to the Lord?

6[Rather] is not this the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every [enslaving] yoke?(B)

7Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house--when you see the naked, that you cover him, and that you hide not yourself from [the needs of] your own flesh and blood?

8Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing (your restoration and the power of a new life) shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness (your rightness, your justice, and your right relationship with God) shall go before you [conducting you to peace and prosperity], and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.(C)

9Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, Here I am. If you take away from your midst yokes of oppression [wherever you find them], the finger pointed in scorn [toward the oppressed or the godly], and every form of false, harsh, unjust, and wicked speaking,(D)

10And if you pour out that with which you sustain your own life for the hungry and satisfy the need of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in darkness, and your obscurity and gloom become like the noonday.

11And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters fail not.

12And your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of [buildings that have laid waste for] many generations; and you shall be called Repairer of the Breach, Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.

13If you turn away your foot from [traveling unduly on] the Sabbath, from doing your own pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a [spiritual] delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable, and honor Him and it, not going your own way or seeking or finding your own pleasure or speaking with your own [idle] words,

14Then will you delight yourself in the Lord, and I will make you to ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage [promised for you] of Jacob your father; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it.(E)

-------------------------------------------------

Daniel 9

1IN THE first year of Darius son of Ahasuerus, of the offspring of the Medes, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans--

2In the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the books the number of years which, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass by before the desolations [which had been] pronounced on Jerusalem should end; and it was seventy years.(A)

3And I set my face to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting and sackcloth and ashes;

4And I prayed to the Lord my God and made confession and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, Who keeps covenant, mercy, and loving-kindness with those who love Him and keep His commandments,

5We (the church) have sinned and dealt perversely and done wickedly and have rebelled, turning aside from Your commandments and ordinances.

6Neither have we (the church) listened to and heeded Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, our princes and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

7O Lord, righteousness belongs to You, but to us (the church) confusion and shame of face, as at this day--to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to all Israel, to those who are near and those who are far off, through all the countries to which You have driven them because of the [treacherous] trespass which they have committed against You.

8O Lord, to us (the church) belong confusion and shame of face--to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers--because we have sinned against You.

9To the Lord our God belong mercy and loving-kindness and forgiveness, for we (the church) have rebelled against Him;

10And we have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God by walking in His laws which He set before us (the church) through His servants the prophets.

11Yes, all Israel (the church) has transgressed Your law, even turning aside that they might not obey Your voice. Therefore the curse has been poured out on us (the church) and the oath that is written in the Law of Moses the servant of God, because we(the church) have sinned against Him.(B)

12And He has carried out intact His [threatening] words which He threatened against us (the church) and against our judges [the kings, princes, and rulers generally] who ruled us, and He has brought upon us (the church) a great evil; for under the whole heavens there has not been done before [anything so dreadful] as [He has caused to be] done against Jerusalem.

13Just as it is written in the Law of Moses as to all this evil [that would surely come upon transgressors], so it has come upon us.(the church) Yet we (the church) have not earnestly begged for forgiveness and entreated the favor of the Lord our God, that we (the church) might turn from our iniquities and have understanding and become wise in Your truth.(C)

14Therefore the Lord has kept ready the calamity (evil) and has brought it upon us,(the church) for the Lord our God is [uncompromisingly] righteous and rigidly just in all His works which He does [keeping His word]; and we (the church) have not obeyed His voice.

15And now, O Lord our God, Who brought Your people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand and secured Yourself renown and a name as at this day, we (the church) have sinned, we (the church) have done wickedly!

16O Lord, according to all Your rightness and justice, I beseech You, let Your anger and Your wrath be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain. Because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a reproach and a byword to all who are around about us (the church).

17Now therefore, O our God, listen to and heed the prayer of Your servant [a][Daniel] and his supplications, and for Your own sake cause Your face to shine upon Your sanctuary which is desolate.

18O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and look at our desolations and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You for our own righteousness and justice, but for Your great mercy and loving-kindness.

19O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, give heed and act! Do not delay, for Your own sake, O my God, because Your city and Your people are called by Your name.

20While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy hill of my God--

21Yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the former vision, being caused to fly swiftly, came near to me and touched me about the time of the evening sacrifice.(D)

22He instructed me and made me understand; he talked with me and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give you skill and wisdom and understanding.

23At the beginning of your prayers, the word [giving an answer] went forth, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved. Therefore consider the matter and understand the vision.

24Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] are decreed upon your people and upon your holy city [Jerusalem], to finish and put an end to transgression, to seal up and make full the measure of sin, to purge away and make expiation and reconciliation for sin, to bring in everlasting righteousness (permanent moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation) to seal up vision and prophecy and prophet, and to anoint a Holy of Holies.

25Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem until [the coming of] the Anointed One, a Prince, shall be seven weeks [of years] and sixty-two weeks [of years]; it shall be built again with [city] square and moat, but in troublous times.

26And after the sixty-two weeks [of years] shall the Anointed One be cut off or killed and shall have nothing [and no one] belonging to [and defending] Him. And the people of the [other] prince who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood; and even to the end there shall be war, and desolations are decreed.(E)

27And he shall enter into a strong and firm covenant with the many for one week [seven years]. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and offering to cease [for the remaining three and one-half years]; and upon the wing or pinnacle of abominations [shall come] one who makes desolate, until the full determined end is poured out on the desolator.

Bojo Sun

Posted: 02/19/2009 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote Bojo Sun

The discernment of deception and love toward those who are deceived, or judgement of a matter and the judgement of a person are totally two different matters. Even the pagans know this and practice it; but I seldom I witnessed in circles of Christian. To tell Paul and Peter, or Jesus stop rebuke the wicked hearts of the leaders for the day is to muzzle the ox and deny their life in the Lord.

To pray or to rebuke are all helpful if done in the right place God gives one; but the discernmen or judgement by God should be the same and is not to be blurred or confused. And this very thing will be delivered by the servants of God, if not many, then one, hoepfully... However, there will be many...Many are eager to see this nation to be saved, that is a wrong and invalid desire, we need to see to it that first and foremost that "the saved" be saved in this nation at this confusing and diring moment.

To praise a truth and receive a blessing by the defiled does not make us defiled; nor do we dishonor or un-love a person by disagreement with him.

I do not agree with my old brother in many things, but I love him. It is different, however, if he chooses to stand up for or in deception and use his subtle way to infiltrate my love unto my father or the well being of my father or the family. I will rebuke him and will continue to rebuke him till he yield and confess he is wrong.

My old brother has the heart to yield, I know he does, because his love toward his father, also my father;as he did when I was pretty young again and again-I rebuke him when he treated badly his wife; I rebuked him when he ignored the well-being of his son; I rebuked him when he made selfish decisions in the love of money and was unwilling to sacrifice for the family. I was young; not mentioned to be younger, 9 years younger...

I spoke for my father when it was not fit for him to speak concerning certain matters.

When one stands for something bigger than himself, he is open to severe judgement and careful examination, which is necessary and needful.

It is the job of a Prophet and the duty of a Watchman of God to judge such personalities as above mentioned. Interestingly they are open to it themselves when they choose to serve at the choice of others or entitled themselves to serve in a role of this world in the Name of my Father.

It is the deceived or hypcritical ones that makes Christianity here ill and sick, not the boldness and courage of God's holy servants.

If God is going touch the aboved mentioned personalities, good. If not, let those who hears God continue to judge them till they repent into all righteousness, or at least dare not to falsely use the Name of God.

To tell John the Baptist to stop speaking against Herold is wrong, for Herold is not merely a man. He is a representation of something ungodly...To only praise Constantin (?) at his day or today is wrong, for he introduced defilement into God's House.

Humanistic symapthy is sickly, esp. before those who are trying to be a herold of humanism.

I am a sinner and might in all possibility continue to sin, but that can't take away my voice speaking for God. 

Dear ones, speak it till man's "Reverent Titles" can not wrap up their wicked or deceived hearts, if indeed you are a voice of the Most High God.

Edited by Bojo Sun on 02/19/2009 at 12:02pm
View Bojo Sun's Profile Search for other posts by Bojo Sun

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version