Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

ARTICLES and Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : ARTICLES and Discussion
Subject Topic: Four Things We Are Called To Do Isa 49 - Cliff Pash Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/19/2009 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Four Things We Are Called To Do Isa 49
Cliff Pash
Feb 19, 2009

The purpose of going to church must be more than going to heaven. Through Jesus, we become a representation of God on the earth. As you will see in this article, God desires that through us, His salvation comes to the ends of the earth and His glory is seen among men. 
In this season, I believe this purpose is of much greater importance in our day than in many other days.
I believe that Islam will be a greater threat to world peace than was Fascism or Communism. I believe this threat will be with us for 1-2 generations. Radical Islam is alive and doing well in Algeria, Somalia, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Radical Islam is growing in many other places such as Great Britain, France and Belgium. We will soon be hearing more of this from Canada. 
I know the way Christians look at the Koran, but from my side, there is enough truth there that is so twisted that it becomes wickedness. The people believe they are serving God, yet they profane His name every day. The religion keeps God so far that they do not know Him.  There is a truth in Islam that is twisted and becomes a great evil. 
To meet the threat, God stirs His people with unmerited grace and unprecedented power from heaven. Is anybody listening? American Christianity is all about self affirmation and building up this ministry or that ministry. IN the end, there is no coordinated effort to defeat the enemies of God – here Islam.

Islam is a religion that is held together with demonic spirits (djinn or demons). In Islam, no matter what you believe in your heart, it is very difficult to go against the group. Some of the demonic spirits seem to be very strong. They study the book of the demons (djinn) that is in the Koran. Those who are experts in this demonic realm have become very frustrated with the Advancing The Kingdom Ministry, for their witchcraft has been somewhat powerless in attacking us.

Unfortunately, they have learned from Balaam and learned how to divide the Christians because that is the only way they can defeat us. And now, that brings me right back to the basic problem with Christianity today - it is too much about the self. The one who finds success is blessed and the one who does not is cursed of God. And the power of all is broken.

Now, what is God saying to the Church today? From my side -- Wake Up! See the bigger picture. Prepare your hearts to serve God and God alone. Isaiah says it is too small of a thing to be a servant to God. It is too small of a thing to restore the people of God back to their first love. All this is too small.
"I will make you a light to the gentiles (people not of God) so that my salvation will come to the ends of the earth!" (Is 49)
Therefore, I see 4 things that god is saying to the Church today.

1. Learn to become a servant. It is no longer your life and you cannot do what you want to do.  We must live for something bigger than ourselves. The Name of God must take precedence over our wants and desires.

2. Turn back to your first love, be restored back to the passion you had on the first day of your salvation. A season of refreshing or a full and total revival comes to the people of God and they are restored back to Him. Love God just as we did on the first day of our initial salvation. May the passion and the joy and the trust that we had in that day be with us once again.

3. Learn to become a light to any people NOT of God. How in the world are you going to minister to Muslim populations?  Buddhist? Hindu? Believe me, a healing crusade is only a tiny beginning.  If we do not understand any other culture than the one we have come from, we will be very limited in bringing anything of God to another people group.

4. Salvation of mind will and emotion must come to the ends of the earth. Bring the nearness of God to the nations, Bring the presence of God, demonstrate His power and authority, bring His glory. God wants to be near! The Kingdom of God is near!

So far, my limited experience as I learn to do this in cross cultural situation is that this is a message that Muslims are interested in. The only thing that has kept us from wild success has been our own inability to get past ourselves and work only to make the name of the Lord great, to establish the greatness of His Holy Name.

Our Advancing The Kingdom teams are doing great in Uganda. As I prepare for my return to the mission field, I am filled with a greater sense of purpose than ever before. I see the threat clearer and I know God will bring His correction to the church so that we can be what we were created to be. 

The church at Nawansega is doing great and God continues to heal, deliver and save the people, so that His name is being made great.

May you be blessed this day. May you always know that God is near you. May you surrender everything to Him so that He might show Himself strong.

Cliff Pash
Founder/Director
Advancing The Kingdom Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 3321
Lawrence, KS 66046
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator
David Ryser

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/19/2009 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote David Ryser

Amen and amen!  You've hit the nail on the head.  As you've said time and again, we will either be the vehicle for the salvation of our enemies, or we will serve them.  I pray many will read your article and take it to heart.

View David Ryser's Profile Search for other posts by David Ryser Visit David Ryser's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version